AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

View Poll Results: Who will Milan draw?
Chelsea 21 60.00%
PSV 10 28.57%
Bayern Munich 4 11.43%
Benfica 4 11.43%
Ajax 2 5.71%
Valencia 9 25.71%
Lyon 4 11.43%
Bremen 4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2006, 13:14   #166

atreides602

Registered User
 
atreides602's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: bucharest , romania
Fave Players: gullit , van basten , pipo inzaghi
atreides602 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peters
im sorry for u atreides, was hoping we get steaua just because of that...
thanks you , at list i can hope for steaua to make it to the next stage and meet milan there[alltough i must say it will take a miracle for that: real m. , ol. lyon, steaua and dinamo kyev] , i will keep prayin' .
atreides602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 13:14   #167

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
we just have to find someone to spend it on midori
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 13:18   #168

NAMMY

Registered User
 
NAMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Benson, England
Fave Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Kaká
NAMMY is on a distinguished road
Seems like a rather easy group (touch wood). Does this mean we play the runner-up/winner of group B (probably will be Inter/Bayern)?
__________________
Life's a game of two halves
I score
I shoot
the crowd roars
I'm never going home
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 13:32   #169

Capo Ultra

Registered User
 
Capo Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Capo Ultra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMMY
Seems like a rather easy group (touch wood). Does this mean we play the runner-up/winner of group B (probably will be Inter/Bayern)?
No, we have to meet the runner-up from Group G. That is probably going to be Porto.

Inter will have to play either Barcelona or Chelsea.
__________________
Il passato non si dimentica... mai...
Capo Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 13:43   #170

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
Not a hard task, for sure... but make no mistake: without the needed reinforcements, he will not go beyond the group stage.
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 13:59   #171

NAMMY

Registered User
 
NAMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Benson, England
Fave Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Kaká
NAMMY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Ultra
No, we have to meet the runner-up from Group G. That is probably going to be Porto.

Inter will have to play either Barcelona or Chelsea.
Okie doke, I just thought we'd play B as that's what group H did last year. Sounds like we have a good chance of progressing to the quater-finals.
__________________
Life's a game of two halves
I score
I shoot
the crowd roars
I'm never going home
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 14:23   #172

Capo Ultra

Registered User
 
Capo Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Capo Ultra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMMY
Okie doke, I just thought we'd play B as that's what group H did last year. Sounds like we have a good chance of progressing to the quater-finals.
Hmm. I have just checked the regulations, and I was wrong, when I wrote that we were going to play the runner-up from Group G.

Article 4, Paragraph 4.07:

a. Clubs from the same association must not be drawn against each other.

b. The winners and runners-up of the same group must not be drawn against each other.

c. The group winners must not be drawn against each other.

d. The runners-up must not be drawn against each other.

e. The runners-up must play the first leg at home.


That means we can't meet Lille, AEK Athens, Anderlecht, Inter or Roma in the 1/8-finals. Or the other group winners.
__________________
Il passato non si dimentica... mai...
Capo Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 14:25   #173

King tiger

Registered User
 
King tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini,Jaap Stam,Schevchenko
King tiger is on a distinguished road
We have extremely easy group, and easy draw for a second stage.Hope we play in the final
King tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 14:42   #174

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Ultra
Hmm. I have just checked the regulations, and I was wrong, when I wrote that we were going to play the runner-up from Group G.

Article 4, Paragraph 4.07:

a. Clubs from the same association must not be drawn against each other.

b. The winners and runners-up of the same group must not be drawn against each other.

c. The group winners must not be drawn against each other.

d. The runners-up must not be drawn against each other.

e. The runners-up must play the first leg at home.


That means we can't meet Lille, AEK Athens, Anderlecht, Inter or Roma in the 1/8-finals. Or the other group winners.

How are you wrong? None of the 5 points in that list effect us drawing the runners up of group G. That is assuming our group and group G are paired together.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:28   #175

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
Love our group. Looking foward to Chelsea-Barca as well.
GilAttack [11] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:31   #176

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilAttack [11]
Love our group. Looking foward to Chelsea-Barca as well.
I cannot seem to remember whether the winner and the runner-up from one group can meet before the CL final? I think the answer is ... it depends upon
another post-group-stage draw or is it?
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:33   #177

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrainian_CA
I cannot seem to remember whether the winner and the runner-up from one group can meet before the CL final? I think the answer is ... it depends upon
another post-group-stage draw or is it?
Yup, that was my first thought as well. Obviously by no means its rigged, but if they face each other after the group stage it will be deep in the tournament.
GilAttack [11] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:42   #178

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrainian_CA
Zlat,

do you know what Spartak, CSCA, Dynamo K and Shakhtar have in common
except for all being from ex-USSR space?

The large fraction of foriegn players.

All these 4 have more than 50% of internationals (many from Brazil in the ukrainian teams and CSCA).
I know this is the case especially for the russian teams and Shakhtor with their Rinat aka Roman of the Ukraine ... not sure about Dynamo though. As far as I know they have a brazilian centerback and forward - don't quote me on this - but the vast majority of the players are ukrainians.
I just wish Inter were meeting Spartak in a slightly better form though, cause for the past several years, SPartak hasn't been the team that won what - the first 8 champinsips of Russia in a row. Still, they seem to be coming back to their good old days as now they are also in the CL.
That argentinian guy, Cavenaghi, does he still play for them? I remeber them getting also Mozart, theBrazilian mid who used to play for Breschia, right? The ukrainian Kalyninchenko (sp?) had a pretty good WC. Not sure about Egor Titov though cause he got banned for dopping for 2 years I think ... he was Spartak's most influential player, I think.
They are a good team, not at their very best in terms of what Spartak M was 5-6 years ago but still will create lots of problems, especially to the bunch of primadonnas Inter are.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:48   #179

Capo Ultra

Registered User
 
Capo Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Capo Ultra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
How are you wrong? None of the 5 points in that list effect us drawing the runners up of group G. That is assuming our group and group G are paired together.
No, what I meant was that is it not definite that we are going to meet the runner-up from Group G.
I wrote that no matter what, we had to play a team from Group G. And that was wrong.
__________________
Il passato non si dimentica... mai...
Capo Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:51   #180

zZ[-_-]Zz

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 07 2006
zZ[-_-]Zz is on a distinguished road
i think we should merge both CL group threads together...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:09.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.