AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2006, 01:58   #166

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
To be honest, I'm trying to be happy with RO's signing, but if one thinks about what a side like ours really deserves... oh boy, I miss so much our glorious 88 - 94 era...
GRE-NO-LI is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 02:34   #167

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zafrul
I don't think clubs will want to let go of anyone important without any chance of replacing them.

Time is running out...
That's not fair.
We got rid of our players without replacing them.

Only one things matters to clubs when it comes to selling players.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 04:32   #168

sylrus

Registered User
 
sylrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: indo
Fave Players: basten, sheva, pirlo, kaka, ronaldinho
sylrus is on a distinguished road
if we get oliveira
i think
its better than nothing
sylrus is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 05:04   #169

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
fine, lets not spend any more money on forwards. Now we ned to get Oddo or maybe GIgi if we can, aldough Dida is brilliant goalkeper. Oddo is no.1 target now.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 06:52   #170

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
As a mod, I would say that it's our fault; simply because we sometimes let people go too far...
Ah, well, after I wrote that I checked that other place again last night and found that the Pessimist Patrol had come out in full force over there too. I guess they just have a later-arriving crowd.

I don't know what it is with Milan fans. The club is signing a very good striker; someone who (with the exception of name recognition) fits the profile of the type of player they have claimed all summer that Milan needs; someone who has won championships, both domestic and European, and who has a history of scoring goals in the "big games"; someone with pace, skill and finishing ability. Yet half of Milan fans bemoan the fact that they have never heard of him (as if they had heard of Kaka) or that he's not a "big name" (read: overhyped) and therefore can't replace Shevchenko (as if anyone could).

Many posters have been depressed that Inter "beat Milan" to Ibrahimovic (even though Milan didn't actually bid on him, despite the newspaper hype). Well if somebody had said to me the day after Sheva left: "Rick, you get to choose Milan's new striker, but you only have two choices. You can have either Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Ricardo Oliveira." I would not have hesitated to choose Oliveira over that overrated, overhyped primadonna. Oliveira is a better player right now than Fernando Torres, who half this board has been wanking over all summer. (That may change someday, but right now he is a better, more consistent and more polished player.)

I just don't know what people want. The Pessimist Patrol isn't going to be satisfied no matter who Milan signs.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 06:57   #171

devoted_dm

Registered User
 
devoted_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Ah, well, after I wrote that I checked that other place again last night and found that the Pessimist Patrol had come out in full force over there too. I guess they just have a later-arriving crowd.

I don't know what it is with Milan fans. The club is signing a very good striker; someone who (with the exception of name recognition) fits the profile of the type of player they have claimed all summer that Milan needs; someone who has won championships, both domestic and European, and who has a history of scoring goals in the "big games"; someone with pace, skill and finishing ability. Yet half of Milan fans bemoan the fact that they have never heard of him (as if they had heard of Kaka) or that he's not a "big name" (read: overhyped) and therefore can't replace Shevchenko (as if anyone could).

Many posters have been depressed that Inter "beat Milan" to Ibrahimovic (even though Milan didn't actually bid on him, despite the newspaper hype). Well if somebody had said to me the day after Sheva left: "Rick, you get to choose Milan's new striker, but you only have two choices. You can have either Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Ricardo Oliveira." I would not have hesitated to choose Oliveira over that overrated, overhyped primadonna. Oliveira is a better player right now than Fernando Torres, who half this board has been wanking over all summer. (That may change someday, but right now he is a better, more consistent and more polished player.)

I just don't know what people want. The Pessimist Patrol isn't going to be satisfied no matter who Milan signs.

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking about all of this. I don't see why we need a big name striker. The most important thing is that he scores goals, and this guy was the top scorer of the Spanish league in 2004-05, so we already know what he's capable of. In addition we have Pippo and Gila, so I don't think we have any reason to be worried about this purchase. I'd rather have Oliveira than Ronaldo, who's an over priced has-been.

I don't give a **** about glamour. Big names don't matter - but winning does. And if Oliveira wins something with Milan, he'll have a big name anyway.
devoted_dm is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 07:05   #172

Milan_Mad

Registered User
 
Milan_Mad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Cheshire, England
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Buffon, Klose!!
Milan_Mad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
This is impossible, FFS i'm not saying he won't be a good player for us ! All i'm saying is that he's not the super star forward people are making him out to be !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Same with Tevez and Torres then, plus hes alot cheaper. Will be a great buy imho
__________________
Forza Milan
Milan_Mad is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 07:34   #173

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Ah, well, after I wrote that I checked that other place again last night and found that the Pessimist Patrol had come out in full force over there too. I guess they just have a later-arriving crowd.

I don't know what it is with Milan fans. The club is signing a very good striker; someone who (with the exception of name recognition) fits the profile of the type of player they have claimed all summer that Milan needs; someone who has won championships, both domestic and European, and who has a history of scoring goals in the "big games"; someone with pace, skill and finishing ability. Yet half of Milan fans bemoan the fact that they have never heard of him (as if they had heard of Kaka) or that he's not a "big name" (read: overhyped) and therefore can't replace Shevchenko (as if anyone could).

Many posters have been depressed that Inter "beat Milan" to Ibrahimovic (even though Milan didn't actually bid on him, despite the newspaper hype). Well if somebody had said to me the day after Sheva left: "Rick, you get to choose Milan's new striker, but you only have two choices. You can have either Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Ricardo Oliveira." I would not have hesitated to choose Oliveira over that overrated, overhyped primadonna. Oliveira is a better player right now than Fernando Torres, who half this board has been wanking over all summer. (That may change someday, but right now he is a better, more consistent and more polished player.)

I just don't know what people want. The Pessimist Patrol isn't going to be satisfied no matter who Milan signs.

Last edited by kastriot; 26-08-2006 at 07:38.
kastriot is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 07:37   #174

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Ah, well, after I wrote that I checked that other place again last night and found that the Pessimist Patrol had come out in full force over there too. I guess they just have a later-arriving crowd.

I don't know what it is with Milan fans. The club is signing a very good striker; someone who (with the exception of name recognition) fits the profile of the type of player they have claimed all summer that Milan needs; someone who has won championships, both domestic and European, and who has a history of scoring goals in the "big games"; someone with pace, skill and finishing ability. Yet half of Milan fans bemoan the fact that they have never heard of
him (as if they had heard of Kaka) or that he's not a "big name" (read: overhyped) and therefore can't replace Shevchenko (as if anyone could).

Many posters have been depressed that Inter "beat Milan" to Ibrahimovic (even though Milan didn't actually bid on him, despite the newspaper hype). Well if somebody had said to me the day after Sheva left: "Rick, you get to choose Milan's new striker, but you only have two choices. You can have either Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Ricardo Oliveira." I would not have hesitated to choose Oliveira over that overrated, overhyped primadonna. Oliveira is a better player right now than Fernando Torres, who half this board has been wanking over all summer. (That may change someday, but right now he is a better, more consistent and more polished player.)

I just don't know what people want. The Pessimist Patrol isn't going to be satisfied no matter who Milan signs.


Thats what milan does,Takes talented players but proved ones and makes them super stars, if you see more detaly you`ll see that our whole team is made of players like that, Pirlo, Seedorf, Pippo, Kaka and some of the others, I would say the only one that was talented and proved in seria A and didnt deliver as much as we wanted to is Gila(my personal opinion is that he was just great so give him more time),

My point is that signing players like Ricardo O. shouldnt be surprise for us, thats what we are doing in the past couple of years or maybe more couse Shevchenko was like this skilfull, talented but not a star. he became a superstar after he joined us.The only star player that we signed in the past years was Nesta.
kastriot is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 07:45   #175

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Its definatly better to buy oliveira than Obelix from Madrid, we'll see how he does. In the meantime, we need to wish him luck in Milan! The forward saga is now ower, lets do something else-defence!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 08:01   #176

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
I saw some of his goals on youtube and i think he's a solid player, only wish his knee wasn't cracked...They say he will undergo medical today, I hope they can evaluate the situation...like mrki said: we buy oddo to replace cafu at right full back and we can start the new, victorius season...
El Fre is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 08:04   #177

Billy1969

BANNED!
 
Billy1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Boban, Gattuso, Maldini
Billy1969 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki
.... Obelix from Madrid, ....
Thank you very much for making me spill my coffee on my keyboard.
Billy1969 is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 08:25   #178

aceventura

Registered User
 
aceventura's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: Maldini,Costacurta.
aceventura
obelix From madris isnt that bad but the price was too much for us. Obelix at his age doent worth 30 milion anymore.
Oliveira is Inrestind signing but there is a very big question mark about his fitness.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	obelix.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	10697  
__________________
Forza Milan
Forza Poalo
Forza Super Pippo
aceventura is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 09:21   #179

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylrus
if we get oliveira
i think
its better than nothing
exactly....

everyone is complaining not getting a big (enough) name, but knowing our management, there is a risk that we ain't get no one. So somebody is definitely better than nobody. It is not like we are paying that 10-15 millions out of our pockets anyway.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 26-08-2006, 11:28   #180

Schiaffino

BANNED!
 
Schiaffino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montevideo - Uruguay
Fave Players: Schiaffino, Rivera, Nordahl, Liedholm, Prati
Schiaffino is on a distinguished road
Ricardo Oliveira is a good striker, but not exactly a dream transfer, it must be said.
Schiaffino is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.