![]() |
|
|
#166 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Great stuff about the young kid.
When we were first interested in this super quick Oliveira, I thought he was somewhat of a fast "Jock" as they say in America. But having watched some of his goals, he seems to have good technique and his interviews seem to suggest hes an intelligent guy. Im looking forward to seeing him more closely.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#167 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
Quote:
So what if Gourcuff is Kaka's replacement, that means nothing. We can still use Foggia.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#168 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 05 2006
Fave Players: Fabregas..
![]() |
yeh i saw that france game, he was bought on as a sub he has got great potential, i read ricardos comments on channel4 he seems like a good guy hope he does good at milan, we really do need him
|
|
|
|
|
|
#169 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
![]() |
With regards to Oliveira, there is no doubt that he was a great player BEFORE his cruciate knee injury. If I'm not mistaken, he has played football for about four months after recovering from injury with Sao Paolo back in Brazil. Fingers crossed---a) Hopefully he regains his pre-injury form, i.e. hopefully his injury will not affect his speed, balance, and ball control; b) Hope he does not reinjure himself
It is a bit of a shame that the only SERIOUS test he will face post-injury is after his 15M move to us wearing our number 7. It would have been nice if he had a few months back in Spain to truly demonstrate his fitness and ability. Well, hopefully Milan lab has checked him out thoroughly---the last thing we want is another "Redondo" I know I sound extremely pessimistic here, but being in the medical profession, I can tell you that cruciate ligament injuries are very serious and can literally end a footballer's career. It is not common that a player can come back to be 100 percent the player he was before the injury. For instance, look at Del Piero--has never been the same since injury. Ronaldo--what more needs to be said. Pippo Inzaghi---is still awesome, but had to go through a huge rehabilitation process as he was getting constantly re-injured. Oh well, hopefully we will see a fully fit, injury free Oliveira in top form for us this year. |
|
|
|
|
|
#170 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
I understand the seriousness and volatility of knee injuries (having had one myself), but what I don't understand is why a player would have to be more healthy to play in Italy than to play in Brazil. He was playing regularly for Sao Paolo in both the league and in Copa Libertadores (he played 12 matches after coming back). Milan had people there watching Copa Libertadores, so I'm sure they were scouting him as well as Sobis. And he passed the Milan medical, so obviously their doctors were satisfied. I found a description of his performance in the last match he played for Sao Paolo against Chivas Guadalajara in the Copa Libertadores semifinal: Quote:
Oh, and by the way, if you don't consider Copa Libertadores a "serious" test, the you obviously don't realize what Copa Libertadores is -- the South American equivalent of the Champions League. It's extremely serious and is at least the equivalent of the CL when it comes to passion, heart and desire among the players. It's probably less about money and more about pride to players down there, so the effort is probably unsurpassed in any club tournament on Earth. Ask any of our Brazilian posters whether or not Copa Libertadores is a "serious" test. ![]()
__________________
Forza Milan!
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#171 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
![]() |
I understand what you're saying Rick. BUt I must say that you have a real good habit of "twisting" other people's words.
1) Nobody is saying that you have to be more healthy in Italy than Brazil. The point is that complete recovery from a cruciate knee injury takes a long time---and 12 matches is not enough to get someone to his "pre-injury" state. So he may be healthy enough to play in Brazil, but has he reached his pre-injury condition? That is the question. He may be able to play at 75 percent for Sao Paolo, but at Milan and with the level of competition he is going to face, we need him at 100 percent. Now nobody knows the answer to my questions. I dont and you certainly dont. I was simply expressing my concerns. We will know the answer when he steps on the field and demonstrates his worth. 2) Nobody is saying that the COpa LIbertadores is not an important or serious competition. All I'm saying is that Oliveira got injured, recovered, and was sent to Brazil to play some games. ANd then, we bought him. He is still untested "post-injury" in Europe---where the game, fields, level of competition is different than in South America. He may have done extremely well in the Copa LIbertadores, but that doesnt mean that he will automatically do well for us. I personally would have liked to see him get back to his usual level with Betis in the Primera Lega or in the CL before we swooped for him. I consider that a more firm guarantee of his ability to perform in Europe post-injury than his performances in South America. But then again, it wasnt possible due to our circumstances during this transfer season. |
|
|
|
|
|
#172 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
![]() |
Dont worry guys, we had a bad transfer season but e still have this guy playing for us, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20T20PtXPXg&NR, this is the game against Argentina two days ago. The ones that havent seen the game pls watch this video.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#173 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
![]() |
[/quote]
In other words, Teamwork has been the second best strength of Milan. 2) Kaka's performance this year will determine Milan's results this season. Not Inzaghi, nor Gila, nor Oliveria; but Kaka. [/quote] I can draw out 2 questions from Jeff's: It looks contradicting, how can a teamwork system depend on an individual ? are we in a very dangerous situation? If our performance decided by an individual's performance we have our hand cuffed ? |
|
|
|
|
|
#174 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: Tuzla(Salt City), BiH
Fave Players: Gennarinho Gattuso
![]() |
[quote=kastriot]Dont worry guys, we had a bad transfer season but e still have this guy playing for us, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20T20PtXPXg&NR, this is the game against Argentina two days ago. The ones that havent seen the game pls watch this video.[/QUOTE
kaka is next zidane for sure he play easy and with high elegant that can only master
__________________
... 110 anni di storia, combatti per la gloria ... Andriy Shevchenko - July 1, 1999 - May 26, 2006 |
|
|
|
|
|
#175 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
![]() At about the same time that Oliveira was injured last year, an American football player named Daunte Culpepper suffered a far more serious injury than Oliveira's. He tore his anterior cruciate, medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments. Knee injuries can be of particular concern to quarterbacks because they depend on their legs in their throwing motion, they're always planting their feet, making quick motions to escape and, of course, being tackled by 300-pound oxes. It was thought that he might miss half of this season. But in preseason he has had no problems and he will be in the starting lineup for the Miami Dolphins when the season opens on Thursday. That's only one example that comes readily to mind, but it shows that athletes can accelerate their comebacks with hard work. Now I understand that there is a higher risk or further injury upon returning from ACL surgery. A study conducted on professional footballers in Sweden a few years ago proved that. According to the study, the usual six-month rehab from an ACL injury probably isn't enough. The same study also noted that the first few months after a player's return to action are crucial since many injuries occur during that period. But Oliveira returned to the field at the end of March, so he's had more than five months to test the knee. So I will continue to be the eternal optimist and trust the Milan doctors and the Milan scouts until something happens to prove otherwise. I just don't see how any of us can presume to know one way or the other, but Milan has invested a lot of money in this guy. They're not idiots. If they weren't satisfied that his knee was okay, they wouldn't have bought him.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Last edited by Rick; 04-09-2006 at 07:48. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#176 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
![]() |
Quote:
__________________
Treble Winner FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#177 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: kosovo
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
![]() |
Quote:
ZAMBROTTA ![]()
__________________
AC MILAN ![]() ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#178 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
![]() |
So many of you were weeping and moaning and gnashing your teeth over Gallas, who threatened his team, his employers, as this article from theguardian states:
Quote:
![]() And for all those who are bemoaning our summer spending, or lack thereof: Get real. We could have been relegated, we could have been out of Europe...luckily we werent. Management did what they could, but obviously it wasnt good enough for your liking. Why not support a club that buys all the stars you like then? PLEASE! This is not monopoly or Football Manager...this is the real world, and apart from us wanting a player, the player in question, and his club, must agree with the terms that we can offer...there are no supermarkets out there... Why criticise the man that has brought us from a residence in mid-table Serie B, and whose spending continues to bankroll the club? I mean, I think thats smacks a tad bit like ingratitude to me....but then again, I am a mature, responsible person, who tries to live within my means, and can accept and respect a man who thinks likewise about his businesses and his club. And if the man wants to be a bit eccentric, then he is entitled. His eccentricities havent hurt the club so far, and we remain competitive in my book. Lets see how well we do this season before moaning and groaning about how much of his own money Berlu spent. Sheesh! ![]()
__________________
I Love Milan. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#179 | |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 05 2006
Fave Players: Fabregas..
![]() |
Bantan I Couldnt Agree With You More, Berlu Was The Man Who Took Us Under His Wing, Were Would Be Without Him??????????
Quote:
Following From Gallas Himself: Gallas denied Chelsea's allegations, saying: "I am surprised and shocked by these claims. "I never said that I would score own goals if I had to play for Chelsea again. "I was firm about my wanting to leave, that is true, and I will explain in due time why I wanted to. "But I never went that far. But if people want to hide behind false accusations in order to give a reason for why I left so they can calm down the club's supporters then they can." |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#180 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
![]() |
Supreme, good point, and I am glad to hear the other side, because I hardly believe everything Chelski says...but either the player did something close, or the club is really abysmal, or both. I tend to believe with "both".
__________________
I Love Milan. |
|
|
|