AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

View Poll Results: Sheva is better than van Basten (?)
Andrej Shevchenko 54 36.24%
Marco van Basten 95 63.76%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2006, 03:04   #181

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Why the hell are we comparing a guy in Chelsea with our legend?

Is like:

Who is better? Trezeguet or Van Basten?
Exactly right, Jeff. Being an AC Milan legends involves much more than banging in lots of goals and then moving clubs when the opportunity arises. It also involves CHARACTER, and it also involves performances on the pitch that cannot necessarily be quantified. I dont care how many goals Sheva has scored for us, but when it comes to character, loyalty, and love for this club, he is nowhere near being a legend. Secondly, if anyone has seen MVB playing football, you'll realize that the grace and elegance he demonstrated is something which has not been seen since he retired, and it is unlikely that there will be another player like him in our lifetime. Sheva was a great player. Marco van Basten was a legend. Period.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:16   #182

romha2003

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2006
romha2003 is on a distinguished road
RT9...

Let's assume you are working for a company and another company will propose you a salary 2 times bigger ...what will be your decision ? Don't tell me you won't accept it.

As for Sheva, he only has 3-4 years of football on the high level...after that he retires and the fact is that he can't do anything else..so, it's natural that he wanted to assure his leaving afterwards.

remember that Gulit was also a Milan legend, but Milan sold him to Sampdoria when his level of play dropped.

the loyalty to the club is a fan concept when that loyalty don't affect them personally....(i mean relating to the job, not family and else important).
romha2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:33   #183

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
This is where you err, my friend. If only playing for a football club is the same as working in a company. How many company workers earn huge amounts of money for enjoying themselves by playing the sport they love? How many company workers work two days a week (Sunday and Wednesday)? How many company workers spend the rest of their days in training? How many company workers "work" in front of 60,000 passionate fans week in week out? How many company workers become gods for the enduring fans? You cannot compare a football player to a company worker. Otherwise, we might as well have an AC Milan forum alongside a Toyota fan's forum.

Playing professional football is a unique profession. It is about courage, character, LOYALTY, love for the team, and respect for the fans. It is not about being exclusively self-interested and only doing what's best for oneself. A player is not merely a commodity, he represents the heart and soul of a football club and has an attachment to its fans.

I guess in the end it just depends on your perspective. If you view AC Milan as a company, and Sheva as a company employee, then you're view is spot on. BUt if you see AC Milan as being more than that, and Sheva has being more than that, you will understand why the fans loved him as they did and why we feel as hurt as we do now.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:02   #184

romha2003

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2006
romha2003 is on a distinguished road
I'm not speaking only about Sheva....it's a general situation of each football player. In case he injures himself and his career is stopped, he will be on his own.

Football players are only humans, first they have to think about himself and their family and only after that about the clubs they are playing for. As they can't do anything beside playing football. While a regular worker can work until 60-65 years a football player is playing till 30-35 or even less (in case of injury) and no love of fans will help them afterwards....

how much you helped Van Basten after his injury? He had to stop the career and after that even Milan club didn't play any role in his life...and I'm not speaking about fans because I'm sure nobody helped him.

My position: football is just work for football players and they are only humans.
romha2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:05   #185

romha2003

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2006
romha2003 is on a distinguished road
as for huge ammount of money....a lot of them go for taxes, a lot for agents, managers, PR personal etc...In the end if the football player can't organize himself a business of his own, he will remain with nothing. And not every football player is a good businessmen as well...
romha2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 13:38   #186

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by romha2003
as for huge ammount of money....a lot of them go for taxes, a lot for agents, managers, PR personal etc...In the end if the football player can't organize himself a business of his own, he will remain with nothing. And not every football player is a good businessmen as well...
Unfortunately, Van Basten didn't leave because he wants to learn another language. It's a pretty lame reason. I don't care if it is money, fame, or language, jordan, or his wife. The fact that you have said "I want to be like Maldini a legend" just a few months ago then say, "I have to leave because I want to learn English".

Dude, this argument does not stand. It's never going to stand.

And now that you are comparing this guy, who either is a hypocrite or an idiot, with Van Basten? Again, this doesn't stand. This will never stand.

Credit is given where it is due, and Milan fans (including myself) have paid utmost respect to this guy, on and off the field (remember the time when he was suffering from face injury and just came back from the game against Real? Remember the 1st tie against Inter when he received heavy criticism?) We didn't leave him alone (although some people here do), and he said he wanted to leave because of 'language'. Credit is given, thank you for all your great goals. Now that you have expressed your desire to go (WHEN YOU ARE AT YOUR PRIME), thank and bye.

Last edited by Jeff; 12-06-2006 at 13:40.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 22:49   #187

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Unfortunately, Van Basten didn't leave because he wants to learn another language. It's a pretty lame reason. I don't care if it is money, fame, or language, jordan, or his wife. The fact that you have said "I want to be like Maldini a legend" just a few months ago then say, "I have to leave because I want to learn English".

Dude, this argument does not stand. It's never going to stand.

And now that you are comparing this guy, who either is a hypocrite or an idiot, with Van Basten? Again, this doesn't stand. This will never stand.

Credit is given where it is due, and Milan fans (including myself) have paid utmost respect to this guy, on and off the field (remember the time when he was suffering from face injury and just came back from the game against Real? Remember the 1st tie against Inter when he received heavy criticism?) We didn't leave him alone (although some people here do), and he said he wanted to leave because of 'language'. Credit is given, thank you for all your great goals. Now that you have expressed your desire to go (WHEN YOU ARE AT YOUR PRIME), thank and bye.
Thanks Jeff. You saved me from having to type!!
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2006, 02:11   #188

romha2003

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2006
romha2003 is on a distinguished road
The argument to leave was pretty stupid. But you can understand him from the reasons I stated above.
romha2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 04:22   #189

MVB

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Singapore
MVB
I think all of us need not be pissed off over Sheva leaving, like romha said he looking after his financial welfare. It's no big deal, everybody look after himself 1st. Despite the fact he desperately wanted to leave Milan, he is still a player that have contributed to Milan recent success.

However back to the footballers financial issue, why are we worrying so much about the end of their playing career. This the year 2006. Footballers made more that what I can earn in a life time per week!!! And I'm talking about the least know player. So we don't really need to donate money to Van Basten when he retire cause he's a rich guy, why do we need to help him? He can spend 3 to 4 years just playing golf. And Sheva, he just wanted more that's all. I'm very sure that Sheva don't have to beg to live after his playing career. If he or any footballer cannot handle or didn't manage their money wisely after their playing career it's their fault, they are human too. Rooney can blow 100k pound on betting, can you? So stop feeling sorry for them. When we watch Milan, Barca, Man U or chelsea or any team we are watch millionaires playing football. So stop making moving to chelsea sound like desperate move so that he don't have to suffer later.

Therefore, I respect people who spend a life time in a single club. This is very rare. Even two clubs is very rare. Where loyalty mean more than any money in the world. I guess Sheva isn't one of them. I'm not saying he's a bad person. Cause with all respect he did spend a lot of years with Milan and I think he has done his part and prove some how he's a Milan player and will always be associated with this club.

And now if you all don't mind, I would like to get back to my life and worry about my financial problem, and I'm on a tight budget and wondering whether i have enough till the end of the month. Unlike sheva or other footballers, I have to work. How I wish I'm paid to play football. Just one week of pay is enough to last me 1 year of comfortable life.

Still Marco van Basten is better than Sheva. There's one thing that Sheva is better than Marco, is his supposed 130K pound per week salary. He better paid than Marco as a player.
__________________
MVB
MVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2006, 10:34   #190

10ur

Registered User
 
10ur's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: SAKARYA
Fave Players: Hakan Şükür,Kaka,Cristiano Ronaldo,Baros,Shev
10ur is on a distinguished road
its not clear
is asking this question true,i don't know
because today;football is playins so different
so i think there is no answer

but sheva is my number one forward in the world!!
10ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 14:27   #191

Mr.Bungle

Registered User
 
Mr.Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Prague, Czech republic
Fave Players: Boban, Weah, Leonardo, Simone, Van Basten
Mr.Bungle is on a distinguished road
Stop blaspheming and watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS0IacItgUk !!!
You probably cant remamber what was going on before year 1993.....
__________________
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone
Mr.Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 16:17   #192

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle
Stop blaspheming and watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS0IacItgUk !!!
You probably cant remamber what was going on before year 1993.....
What a great player, wow I don't have anything to say after I saw this video.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 00:14   #193

The-Fan

Registered User
 
The-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
The-Fan is on a distinguished road
I saw the video, and I didn't see what is so great about it. I mean there was some good stuff there by Marco, but I think Sheva scored better goals.
I mean if u make to highlight videos, one video best goals by Marco and one best goals by Sheva, and let it watch to a neutrual person (one that doesn't support none of them), than I think he will prefer Sheva.
The-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 09:07   #194

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Yes I must agree.. Sheva has more spectacular goals.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 09:49   #195

Mr.Bungle

Registered User
 
Mr.Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Prague, Czech republic
Fave Players: Boban, Weah, Leonardo, Simone, Van Basten
Mr.Bungle is on a distinguished road
You are kidding guys? Tell me when Sheva scored a volley shot from 25 metres, diving header from edge of the penalty area or bicycle kick from 12 metres? I saw a lot of you here praising his solo goal against Bari....it was great one but it's still nothing in comparsion to the goal Marco scored vs. Fiorentina (which is not included in that video)...even Weah did much better run agaisnt Veron and it still doesnt means he's better than Sheva.
Sheva was definately skilled killer but to compare prettiness of his goals with Marcos is like to compare Bierhoffs goals to George Weahs. Even Marco Simone and J.P. Papin scored more beautiful goals than Sheva did.
Whatever as MVB said Marcos contribution to the team was still bigger (which is also visible from the video a little bit). Both were or are damn good players but who says Sheva is better than Marco probably never seen Dutch Swan in action or is just jealous to those who were able to enjoy him play.
Sheva was very sure in the finish and very skilled to get to scoring chance but not too many of his goals were spectacular guys... I can remamber just few...
__________________
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone

Last edited by Mr.Bungle; 23-06-2006 at 10:16.
Mr.Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:41.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.