AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Carlo Ancellotti stay or go?
Carlo must GO 59 63.44%
Carlo must STAY 26 27.96%
Can't say about it 8 8.60%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-05-2009, 11:38   #181

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post

We should base on Ancelotti's performance with Milan (which is very bad this season) and not looking at the available coach who are better than Ancelotti regarding the experience the coach has.
Yes that's what I mean. This forum was around but unfortunately the particular threads are not. Opinion around here and other places were hardly positive about Ancelotti's coaching and him joining us considering how he had finished (second place, etc.) and who he was coaching before too.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 14-05-2009, 12:20   #182

jovola

Registered User
 
jovola's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
To me this "only look at Ancelotti" idea sounds like this

I want my car to go 500 km/h, and my car can go only 300 km/h, other faster cars are unavailable, but as this one doesn't go 500 I'll just buy a slower one. (That will most likely explode after few miles next season).
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."George Best"
jovola is offline  
Old 14-05-2009, 13:24   #183

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Or 'This car CAN'T run anymore even it actually should be able to run at 500 km/h easily but I don't want to buy other car as other car can only run until 300 km/h. What important for me is that this car WAS ABLE to run at 500 km/h".
Siregar is offline  
Old 14-05-2009, 13:45   #184

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Or 'This car CAN'T run anymore even it actually should be able to run at 500 km/h easily but I don't want to buy other car as other car can only run until 300 km/h. What important for me is that this car WAS ABLE to run at 500 km/h".
Or this car in the past was able to run 500 km/h easily.
Now it cannot run with the speed she is able to, because of worn tires.
What important for me is that the car was able and will be able IF YOU FIX NEW TIRES.
Maltese Charlie is offline  
Old 14-05-2009, 13:59   #185

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
Or this car in the past was able to run 500 km/h easily.
Now it cannot run with the speed she is able to, because of worn tires.
What important for me is that the car was able and will be able IF YOU FIX NEW TIRES.
Hahaha yeah that makes sense.
Siregar is offline  
Old 14-05-2009, 15:07   #186

jovola

Registered User
 
jovola's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
This is from official site

"MILAN - President Berlusconi has denied today, confirming the declarations of Adriano Galliani from yesterday, the phrases which were attributed to him, in which he said that he Carlo Ancelotti was responsible for Milan not winning the Scudetto. "I fall from the clouds," declared Silvio Berlusconi at Montecitorio. The reporters had asked for a comment on the Chelsea-Ancelotti agreement which the English tabloids reported: "I was never intered. I heard that there were declarations attributed to me, left, right and centre, but I know nothing about them"
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."George Best"
jovola is offline  
Old 14-05-2009, 15:44   #187

gregapenny

Registered User
 
gregapenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
gregapenny is on a distinguished road
Maybe Carlo should become a singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vJ6rmphkcM
gregapenny is offline  
Old 14-05-2009, 15:51   #188

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Sorry Warro, but I must disagree in a number of areas here. Firstly though, I do agree that the directors are partly to blame for our faults this season, with wet dreams like Dinho, Beckham and Sheva being brought in rather than targets that were more needed.
Its ok to disagree mate! Thats partially what this forum is about!

Well, this (above in bold I feel is the crux of the matter...they were brought in as "world class additions" yet only Becks has really lived up to that billing with any consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
That said, Nesta being out is very unfortunate, but Kaladze by no stretch of the imagination is good enough to be a starter. A player of Thiago's calibre/quality should have been brought in at the start of the season. Not to lay all the blame on Carlo here, but from what I gather based on what Cesare Maldini (i think) said when talking about Kjaer, Carlo does play a big part in the players brought in. Therefore, we cannot say Carlo doesn't get the players he wants, because it seems that he plays a big part in the final decisions made. If Berlu and Galliani aren't listening, then it's up to Carlo to stand firm.
Standing firm in Milan in these cases = Unemployment. (see "How Capello lost his job") Until I hear a press conference, where Carlo states who he wants, and Milan goes out and gets that player (recall Ribery in the summer past?), then I will maintain that he doesnt have as much say as you think he has in whom we aquire in the transfer market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Now, more importantly, Carlo's decisions are more than questionable this season. Seedorf and Marek have been horrible yet play almost every match. Kaladze has been even worse and the fact that he's played everytime it's been possible is a very poor decision on Carlo's part..
Carlo´s decisions have been questionable (especially where I am concerned) from the day he took over as manager of the club...yet, he has gotten us silverware with these choices....we dont see what happens in training, and if training performance is part of the evaluation of who starts, then he is the best placed person to make that decision...who exactly would you have played over Kaladze bro? Senderos? Favalli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Then there's this idea of playing 2 strikers with only Sheva around. I'm sorry, but yes even if we're think on the ground, we must aim to get the results by playing our key players. Pato has been brilliant this season and to get benched for a pathetic Seedorf cannot do anything for either confidence or form.
I dont understand, in the paragraph below, you complain that we over use the players, yet, in this one, you are saying that we dont use them enough...

While I agree that Pato shouldnt be benched as often, he doesnt tackle nearly as well as Seedorf does, which (believe it or not) is why I think he gets included over R80 and yes, Pato. That said, I would have opted for Pato over Pippo, yet Pippo, who Carlo chose, has an unbelievable scoring record this half of the season...so who was correct? You and I for wanting Pato to start, or Carlo, for playing Pippo?

Seedorf´s form for me was sooo poor, that he should indeed have been benched...but Carlos believes in him, and he does do more defensive work than R80, and Pato combined....with the dearth of fit players at his disposal...who could have replaced Clarence? Gourcuff, remember, is at Bordeaux this term...which if Carlo had anything to do with that, then yes, he is to be blamed here...but did Gourcuff´s absence cost us silverware this term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
It's also how we're using players that irks me. Pato has quite clearly shown much greater results as a leading forward (you can find statistics on the Pato thread) and Janku has been of much better use in midfield, yet we've stuck them as a supporting forward and fullback, where neither has shown the same quality. Same goes for Pirlo, who's been so poorly used that it's embarassing. Pirlo has shown that when given freedom to express his game and given adequate support in midfield he is devastating, as was the case with Italy. Carlo acknowledged how Lippi used him and accepted it was to great effect, yet stubbornly forces him to play in front of the defence, restricting movement, creativity and most importantly, preventing Pirlo from playing nearer to the attack.
I agree with the Pirlo part...yet when he does play in front of the defense, with enough support, he excels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
For me, Carlo has done a good job in his time at Milan. However, for a few years now he seems to have hit somewhat of a wall, where he's not changing where he needs to. He doesn't seem to be moving forward with the team, nor getting the desired reactions from his players and his stubborn attitude tactically appears to have lost him fans and patience.
I agree with you 100%, for the most part with this assessment, but aside from Gourcuff, and R80 (who I think was bought in spite of, rather than in tandem with, Carlo´s wishes) who came into the club in that time-frame that he could have used to diversify his line-up, etc? Again, I am basing this on the belief that he doesnt get who he wants in the marcato....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
There's one difference with Alex Ferguson and Carlo. Yes Carlo has done brilliantly in CL and has a better record than Ferguson in the competition. However, in his many years at Man Utd, Ferguson has won the league at a fairly consistent rate, winning it on average every couple of years. Carlo is not the same, as in 7 years he's won it once. Many times we have lost it we've been losing points against lesser teams where we struggle to break them down, mentally appear to not take it as seriously as big games and have inconsistency cropping up regularly. More importantly, for almost half the time he's been in charge now, we've not even challenged for the Scudetto and barely scrape it through for CL if we actually do.
For the first 7 years of Sir Alex´s reign he won one league title, (I think) and one Cup Winners Cup....compare that to Carlo´s first 7 years, and that would be a fair comparison. We do tend to drop points vs lesser teams, that is a fact...but blaming the coach for that is being a bit simplistic...there are tons of other factors....like missing open goals, ref decisions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
For me, and I'm sure for a club of our stature, this is not acceptable given the squad we have. Even with our flaws we should this season be challenging for the league (let's be honest, we've not put in a serious challenge for this half of the season).

There's one reason Carlo cannot be our Ferguson, and that's due to different footballing cultures in England and Italy. I can't remember who, but someone summed it up best when they said in England your given time to build a project up, but in Italy, you don't get that same chance, results count for everything, and unfortunately Carlo isn't producing.
Change, is the only word I want to use in response to your last two paragraphs....change is possible if Berlu would do the following:

Trust Carlo in the mercato...give him the funds to go after his targets...if he fails, then surely fire him!! This requires (IMO) for Berlu to change...

Further, another change needed, is to change the culture in Italy, of results first...with that motto, would Man U be where they are today? In AC Milan we need to change the approach to player aquisitions, believe in the long term, and if, after getting the players he wants he still fails, then, by all means, sack him!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 15-05-2009, 02:48   #189

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
I can't understand why people keep comparing Carlo with SAF. SAF was an exceptional case, there are not many like him, and very few would be like him in the future. In short, he was a one in a million who got a big job, had a patient board, and by chance starting winning right when they were about to sack him and then continued on from there.

HOw can we keep Carlo on the basis that he will be Ferguson? These days most coaches last 4 to 5 years then a change is made the cycle is over. Look at Barca with Rijkaard. Had they stuck with Frank, you can be sure they wouldnt have made it this far this year. Question is, has our cycle with Carlo come to an end? Answer is I dont know. It just depends on what managment consider failure and what they consider success. If a CL automatic spot is success, then he should stay on. If another season with no silverware is failure, then by virtue of 2 seasons of failure, perhaps we should let him go.
rt9 is offline  
Old 15-05-2009, 07:42   #190

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregapenny View Post
Maybe Carlo should become a singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vJ6rmphkcM
Haha, that's great. I prefer this one though! carlo
Christian is offline  
Old 17-05-2009, 07:33   #191

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
If the club are really prepared to give Van Basten the reigns, then we certainly won't win anything next season.

The man's coaching credentials are in tatters after the player revolt of his Holland team in the Euros, and his dismal showing @ Ajax, where he was actually given a transfer budget, and ended up benching players he himself had bought, while failing to even qualify for the champions league...

I would rather Mickey Mouse than this obvios failure.....but, Berlu (and only Berlu) knos best.


After the loss to Udinese, for which I blame everyone, from Moratti, to coach to ball boy (including ref), and Van Basten's presence in Milan for a golf tournament (channel4.com) rumors are circulationg that Van Basten is there for talks with the club.

If Berlu wants to sack Carlo, then do so, by all means, its his club...so its his right...jus please recognise that Van Basten is not the replacement.

Does anyone kno which club Donald Duck is coaching at?

(Actually, I would prefer Buggs Bunny to b honest)
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 17-05-2009, 07:44   #192

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
If the club are really prepared to give Van Basten the reigns, then we certainly won't win anything next season.

The man's coaching credentials are in tatters after the player revolt of his Holland team in the Euros, and his dismal showing @ Ajax, where he was actually given a transfer budget, and ended up benching players he himself had bought, while failing to even qualify for the champions league...

I would rather Mickey Mouse than this obvios failure.....but, Berlu (and only Berlu) knos best.


After the loss to Udinese, for which I blame everyone, from Moratti, to coach to ball boy (including ref), and Van Basten's presence in Milan for a golf tournament (channel4.com) rumors are circulationg that Van Basten is there for talks with the club.

If Berlu wants to sack Carlo, then do so, by all means, its his club...so its his right...jus please recognise that Van Basten is not the replacement.

Does anyone kno which club Donald Duck is coaching at?

(Actually, I would prefer Buggs Bunny to b honest)

You prefer Warner Bros to Walt Disney, don't you

I think the player need some cartoon watchings to be more energetic

Seriously, I preserve the idea of keeping Carlo, although sometimes I'm fed up with him.
Aficio is offline  
Old 17-05-2009, 07:46   #193

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
If the club are really prepared to give Van Basten the reigns, then we certainly won't win anything next season.

The man's coaching credentials are in tatters after the player revolt of his Holland team in the Euros, and his dismal showing @ Ajax, where he was actually given a transfer budget, and ended up benching players he himself had bought, while failing to even qualify for the champions league...

I would rather Mickey Mouse than this obvios failure.....but, Berlu (and only Berlu) knos best.


After the loss to Udinese, for which I blame everyone, from Moratti, to coach to ball boy (including ref), and Van Basten's presence in Milan for a golf tournament (channel4.com) rumors are circulationg that Van Basten is there for talks with the club.

If Berlu wants to sack Carlo, then do so, by all means, its his club...so its his right...jus please recognise that Van Basten is not the replacement.

Does anyone kno which club Donald Duck is coaching at?

(Actually, I would prefer Buggs Bunny to b honest)
I agree 100%.
But the biggest blame of yesterday I'll give it to Berlusconi's mouth.
In the last 9 weeks the team was playing ok, than he opened his mouth and we saw yesterday results.
If he wants to remove Carlo, he can do it silently without disturbing the team in his last games.
Maltese Charlie is offline  
Old 17-05-2009, 10:43   #194

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
If the club are really prepared to give Van Basten the reigns, then we certainly won't win anything next season.

The man's coaching credentials are in tatters after the player revolt of his Holland team in the Euros, and his dismal showing @ Ajax, where he was actually given a transfer budget, and ended up benching players he himself had bought, while failing to even qualify for the champions league...

I would rather Mickey Mouse than this obvios failure.....but, Berlu (and only Berlu) knos best.


After the loss to Udinese, for which I blame everyone, from Moratti, to coach to ball boy (including ref), and Van Basten's presence in Milan for a golf tournament (channel4.com) rumors are circulationg that Van Basten is there for talks with the club.

If Berlu wants to sack Carlo, then do so, by all means, its his club...so its his right...jus please recognise that Van Basten is not the replacement.

Does anyone kno which club Donald Duck is coaching at?

(Actually, I would prefer Buggs Bunny to b honest)
I dont' know if you wrote the same when Berlusconi hired Ancelotti who won nothing before took Milan's coach.
Siregar is offline  
Old 17-05-2009, 11:04   #195

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Actually Siregar, as I have stated many times in the past, I was indeed against Carlo's appointment, but for entirely different reasons:

My angst was more about the fact that Terim wasn't given a chance to show what he could do....as opposed to concerns over what Carlo's impact would be.

Carlo had a "track record" that was certainly better than Van Basten, and indeed, took Parma way beyond even their most ambitios fan's wildest dreams.

He may have "failed" at Juve (I think they lost the title on the last day of the season or something like that), but certainly 2nd place is nowhere near as dismal was where Ajax ended up this season....

So, let me b clear:

a) I do not want Carlo to leave Milan next season,
b) if he does, then I don't want Van Basten as the coach.
c) Rijkaard I guess would be my choice for his replacement....
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.