AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2005, 10:59   #226

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Or, you can say that Juventus know how to walk on a fine line between penalty and non-penalty. It would have been cruel to give a penalty, seriously, but it would have bene equally cruel NOT to give a penalty.

And MOST referees would opt not to give a penalty. And Juventus know it. That's why they fouled.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:02   #227

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickirin
You can expect that kind of celebrations in the NFL or maybe in the NBA but not in a gentlemen sport like football. I don't blame him for being happy , I blame him for shouting in his opponents faces.
NFL, NBA, and football. None of them are gentlemen sport. I don't blame him for being happy, or extremely happy, or whatever. I don't.

But I do dislike him a lot. I always do. He just makes me sick. Honestly. He is a sissy, and his attitude (and maybe also the fact he plays for doper) sickens me.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:03   #228

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Or, you can say that Juventus know how to walk on a fine line between penalty and non-penalty. It would have been cruel to give a penalty, seriously, but it would have bene equally cruel NOT to give a penalty.

And MOST referees would opt not to give a penalty. And Juventus know it. That's why they fouled.
jeff a penalty is a penalty.

i think most neutral refs would have given milan at least one penalty
almilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:05   #229

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong
NFL, NBA, and football. None of them are gentlemen sport. I don't blame him for being happy, or extremely happy, or whatever. I don't.

But I do dislike him a lot. I always do. He just makes me sick. Honestly. He is a sissy, and his attitude (and maybe also the fact he plays for doper) sickens me.
i have seen him for many many years. his attitude towards fellow players is pretty awesome. he always friendly towards them and even today he was consoling inzaghi. give him a break. just because he likes to show his emotions, doesn't mean he sucks. lol
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:05   #230

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by almilan
jeff a penalty is a penalty.

i think most neutral refs would have given milan at least one penalty
Well I wish I could agree with you, but I think there is no point in talking about this now.

Having said, whether it's a penalty or not, we know the answer, just that I"m not going to say anything about it.

Sometimes i really wish that it's just all a fuss about Juve getting favored from the referee. I simply wish.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:06   #231

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir
i have seen him for many many years. his attitude towards fellow players is pretty awesome. he always friendly towards them and even today he was consoling inzaghi. give him a break. just because he likes to show his emotions, doesn't mean he sucks. lol
As a huge contrast with Dida isn't it?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:11   #232

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Well I wish I could agree with you, but I think there is no point in talking about this now.
yeah there is no point talking bout it any more but if juve do win the league this year some referees will have palyed a bigger part than some of their players and that damages the creditability of the italin league
almilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:13   #233

dcvg

Registered User
 
dcvg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2001
dcvg is on a distinguished road
Don't be silly Almilan. A penalty is only a penalty when it's given, otherwise it's just not a penalty. That's it.
We lost, and we'll have to take it as men. Now let's move on, there's still plenty on the horizon for us.
__________________
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

You're never beaten until you admit it
dcvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:13   #234

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by almilan
yeah there is no point talking bout it any more but if juve do win the league this year some referees will have palyed a bigger part than some of their players and that damages the creditability of the italin league
Well... I'm not disagreeing with you here, becuase it has alreayd been happening for many years.

Whether it's conspiracy or not, let the Heaven judge.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:17   #235

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
at least we are in the european cup final again where juve dont have the refs but we do deserve a scuddeto as well this season
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mastercard.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	8228  
almilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:17   #236

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapster
My point was manu got to the finals and didn't have an issue with fitness. The premiership was 20 teams in the league back then as Serie A is now, the CL had more or less same games as now, and they got to cup final (and pretty far in the league cup as well). The EPL is by far a more energy sapping league in terms of physically fitness due to the endless running of players (not saying it's better btw!). I seem to recall some fitness institute monitored manu during some games, and the defenders averaged 8 miles running a game, strikers 10, and midfielders between 15 and 20 miles.

That's more games and higher energy use than our players.

And yes, it was luck that won them the CL final, although everyone needs a bit to win things.
I am no expert in this, but I recall the CL final in 99 clearly. ManU played like Manure! Bayern hit the woodwork twice in addition to that goal! I don't know and I don't care how th fitness institute monitoring comes up with the conclusion that ManU didn't have fitness problem (or did they arrive that result or just you? since those mileage covered to me ain't some impressive evidence, anyway). Without Scholes and Keane, ManU was COMPLETELY outrun, outplayed, and outclassed! Do you want that to happen to us at Istanbul? (Well, if I definitely know we WILL win, I honestly don't care and WILL accept that "offer". )

Let's face it, we have a bunch of old guys, and ManU in 99 are just a bunch of teenagers and 20+ players, and they still managed to have their asses kicked for 90 minutes. Lucky for them, they got help from miracles. Note the plurality.

Now we do have choices. 30+ players should stop playing now; 20+s can go ahead and kick Lecce's ass and then stay home to have some big sleep. Dida should go read some novels, and maybe watch his own tapes against Ajax and Inter and fall asleep too. Ancelotti should forbid them even watch our squad players kicking asses around to give them full brain massages.

After we win our 7th CL trophy in turkey, then we can come back and see what's going on in Italy, if we still have hope or we are leading, go for it with full strength!!!

What's so bad? We are just tired. So we have the cure: take a rest. We will be invincible again.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:21   #237

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvg
Don't be silly Almilan. A penalty is only a penalty when it's given, otherwise it's just not a penalty. That's it.
We lost, and we'll have to take it as men. Now let's move on, there's still plenty on the horizon for us.
what i was implying is that a penalty should either be one or not. not whether it is actually awarded but whether it is a valid appeal and milan had 2 valid appeals today but yes we should move on and hope gila's parma or donadoni's liverno save us.

and then hope a referee doesnt resave juve!
almilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:21   #238

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
About the refereeing, IMHO, Collina was NOT that outrageous.

I am not very clear of the situation, but I personally don't believe that he did it on purpose. Things happen, no need to complain. Especially when it is not helping.

EDIT: forgot "NOT". could be misleading.
__________________
FORZA MILAN

Last edited by Xudong; 08-05-2005 at 11:28.
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:24   #239

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
For you fools criticising Collina, you all need a firm reminding that it was Galliani along with coach Carlo who actually made the request for him to officiate the match. Yes he made some mistakes that may have cost us the match, but dont solely blame him. I dont remember any of you guys making an uproar when he was appointed to this match. It's kind of intellectually dishonest for you guys to start grumbling after the fact. Quit while you are ahead cause those making accusations about the ref are looking really stupid.
Nadir is a member of high standing when reflecting back on the games we play. More so he has taken this loss as a good sport without crying like a big baby. We can learn much from people like him and then be honest in our discussions. Otherwise it is nothing else but a bunch of cry babies.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:26   #240

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir
i have seen him for many many years. his attitude towards fellow players is pretty awesome. he always friendly towards them and even today he was consoling inzaghi. give him a break. just because he likes to show his emotions, doesn't mean he sucks. lol
You have such a big heart. Do you honestly believe that he was consoling Inzaghi, if you are talking about the moment they both fell to the ground?

You may have seen him for many years, me too. I watched his debut against Milan. So probably I have the say too. The fact that he likes to show his emotions inappropriately decides that he is not going to be liked by me. He sucks, and the only thing that could change my mind is one day he becomes one of us, which I don't see coming.

So please let me hate him. So far it works fine for me.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:06.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.