AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2007, 16:11   #271

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
They just had to score in last minute and ruin everything
I was convinced Milan will win by 2 goals or more.
These last minute goals hurt
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:13   #272

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Oh, and also this, Kaka' is completely out of shape, and as much as this formation is doing a great job, I would still want to see him with two forwards in front of him. KAka' is a central attacking midfielder, not a supporting striker. Right now he lacks pace and power, aguess he hasnt reached his full fitness level yet. Same goas to Nesta and Kaladze who dont look fit for me.

Oddo, my compliments!!!!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:18   #273

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
yes it should have been offside ... anyways, Milan wins by 2-1 and more importantly after a pretty good display ... we weren't flauless but apart from Liveropool, who is?
Why was it offside ?



I'm serious though
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:21   #274

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Not sure either Tony...but any goal that scores against us has to be offside!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:21   #275

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Why was it offside ?



I'm serious though
the ball went thru another benfica player before it reached Nuno Gomes, who was not offside, himself ... that other player however was offside, I believe, and I think he even touched the ball before it reached Nuno Gomes.
Even if he didn't touch the ball, it should still have been offside as he was right there in the center of things and was "active" in that situation.

seriously though, JM is redefining the meaning of the phrase 'beautiful football"
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:22   #276

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Fire Ancelotti and bring in Mourinho
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:28   #277

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
the ball went thru another benfica player before it reached Nuno Gomes, who was not offside, himself ... that other player however was offside, I believe, and I think he even touched the ball before it reached Nuno Gomes.
Even if he didn't touch the ball, it should still have been offside as he was right there in the center of things and was "active" in that situation.

seriously though, JM is redefining the meaning of the phrase 'beautiful football"
Grrrrrrr, if that's how the rules are then i hope that linesman will burn in hell.
Trust me guys, this goal Benfica scored hurts me more than it hurts all of you together

Still, i wouldn't call offside for that. That player didn't touch the ball and even though he was involved with his presence, i'd still call it a passive offside.
But again...WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it always happens to me ?

Ehhh, i'll win tomorrow with Roma
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:35   #278

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Today I "lost" like 80 euro for potential win becouse of Chelsky and Jose's amazing football! He really is the special one... 1-1 with Rosemborg, WTF???????
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:42   #279

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Couldnt watch todays games, as I wont be able to watch the evening games in the month of Ramadhan, looks like we got a good result (Ive seen the quick highlights and it was a pretty silly goal to concede towards the end). But still we had a pretty decent game and what a fk from Pirlo - out of this world.

I dont see the difference between Chelsea from last year and this year - same boring style year after year. Theres only one team that plays beautiful football in the PL. Should be a cracker tomorrow.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:50   #280

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Pleasing result today and the performance wasn't bad at all either. Benfica had their chances and probably deserved a goal, but we deserved a few more too, so the result is definately fair.

I ended up missing much of the first half but later caught up and we looked aggressive and hungry. The players worked hard with chances created all match. Pirlo's freekick was magnificent and so was Pippo's volley, from another Pirlo assist. However, Benfica were a little unfortunate not to score, but as I said above, we deserved a few more too.

The second half wasn't as fast as the first and we controlled play more, looking to hold what we had and not overcommit giving Benfica a chance back into the match. Other than the goal, which was offside anyway, they produced very little. We did well imo, as we still managed to create numerous chances.

Players...

Dida - a lot better than at Siena, but he still looked a little shaky, especially on backpasses.
Oddo - good game, pushed forward well and was dangerous
Nesta - Solid as usual, no complaints
Kala - Pretty shaky, never looked totally confident tonight
Janku - Excellent all game, great timed runs, excellent crossing and solid in defence
Rino - Not his best game, but not bad.
Pirlo - Outstanding, he really is at his best lately
Ambro - An unsung hero in our side, always tough tackling, very solid and a good option going forward
Seedorf - Much better than Saturday, he looked much more up for it today
Kaka - Though not his best (he didn't look fully recovered), he provides moments of magic and is always a threat
Pippo - Great game, and displayed something Gila could learn from, as rather than waiting for the ball to reach him when put into the box he attacks it every time, always looking to get in ahead of defender.
Emerson - Interesting to see him pushed forward a little, did well after coming on
Bonera - Was solid and actually did well when he got forward, putting in one really great cross
Gila - He did well after coming on. His ability to drop deep to support midfielders and to hold the ball was good for that point of the match.

The key factors that I had problems with on Saturday were not to be seen today. The players played with a good determination and were professional. The pace of our play was much better and our swift attacks resulted in a great deal of threatening play in wide areas, as Benfica never had time to regroup. Though we would never be able to play at that same pace against Siena, it would have been nice to have seen it controlled and worked like we did in the second half (where we'd play in unpredictable bursts).

I loved to see Emerson come on today. With Ambro, Gattuso and Emo we had a wall in midfield which Benfica did nothing against. Fantastic to see the game closed off like that.

A quick word on being pleased to see Sheva score tonight. Lately in England I feel bad for the guy as he's treated as rubbish and Mourinho clearly has issues with him.

Final word however, I save for Rui Costa. The man has had a fantastic career and his time at Milan was important for the side, especially in 2002/03 where he was a key factor in our CL success. A staunt professional who's always been loved by many will finally hang up his boots at the end of this season and it's wonderful that we got to see him at the San Siro one last time. I was proud of the way the fans showed respect to him when he left the field and at the end of the match and am glad he will know how much he has meant to us.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 18-09-2007 at 17:00.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 17:27   #281

ginoformaggino

Registered User
 
ginoformaggino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: padova
ginoformaggino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
"We should give more chances to Gourcuff", "he is such a great player with potential" but to be honest against Siena he sucked, too. He didn't create any special chances; dribbled past one player and sent in a cross that none Inzaghi or Gilardino could got to. Yet people say, "I think he is just great" etc.

Am I getting emotional? I guess so; Am I getting irrational? Hell no.
happy to read you because I can't undestand this unreasonable love for the french youngster: he has to build himself yet and first he must earn confidence of the team (and of the coach), so we can't risk at all: do you really think Carletto is stupid? Sure, his time will come, but now it's not an obbligation to give him a place in the start 11 if he plays like in Siena where Gorky should have show all his talent, because he should know that he is playing in AC Milan where is hard to earn and deserve a place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
I loved to see Emerson come on today. With Ambro, Gattuso and Emo we had a wall in midfield
me too, el Puma is a great purchase


ps.: great goal by Lucarelli, fantastic header with an incredible torsion
ginoformaggino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 17:33   #282

peters

Registered User
 
peters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Slovenia
peters is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Here is how some of us are so biased here: "We should give more chances to Gourcuff", "he is such a great player with potential" but to be honest against Siena he sucked, too. He didn't create any special chances; dribbled past one player and sent in a cross that none Inzaghi or Gilardino could got to. Yet people say, "I think he is just great" etc.

Am I getting irrational? Hell no.
In my opinion, as soon as you start comparing Gourcuff to Gilardino you are getting irrational...
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 17:36   #283

Rosso6

Registered User
 
Rosso6's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2003
Location: USA
Fave Players: Donadoni, Nesta, Paolo, Kaka,Desailly,Redondo
Rosso6 is on a distinguished road
I was always indifferent towards Pirlo inclusion in the line up when he joined Milan. I did not see this guys true worth. 4 or some years later I was truly blind. In my opinion I can forcefully proclaim there is no player on this earth, pro or amateur who plays the deep lying creative role the way Andrea does. Simply nobody. This guy is a true genius, if people didn't see his value in Germany last year, well ......they have time to catch up.
Historically, there are maybe 2 players who maybe mentioned in the same light as Andrea. Falcao ( for those of you older than the fall of the Berlin wall) and Fernando Redondo at his peak in Madrid.
The unique aspect about Pirlo's functionality is that even if various teams attempted to employ Milan's strategy(of deep lying creator), I don't think they would pull it off. Today's club teams are obsessed with the "Makelele role", even though it is effective, it lacks the beauty and romanticism of what Pirlo brings to this game we love.

Great win Ragazzi
__________________
Milano Per Siempre
Rosso6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 17:40   #284

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peters
In my opinion, as soon as you start comparing Gourcuff to Gilardino you are getting irrational...
Perhaps; but I'm not comparing them. I'm comparing with the way people responded and how vastly different we saw things. In all honesty, I haven't seen Gourcuff earning a place in the team either. His ball-holding skill is amazing though, and so might be helpful in the last few minutes or so (e.g., against Bayern Munich) in holding up the ball. Other than that, I haven't seen him created any chance for our strikers.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 18:19   #285

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso6
I was always indifferent towards Pirlo inclusion in the line up when he joined Milan. I did not see this guys true worth. 4 or some years later I was truly blind. In my opinion I can forcefully proclaim there is no player on this earth, pro or amateur who plays the deep lying creative role the way Andrea does. Simply nobody. This guy is a true genius, if people didn't see his value in Germany last year, well ......they have time to catch up.
Historically, there are maybe 2 players who maybe mentioned in the same light as Andrea. Falcao ( for those of you older than the fall of the Berlin wall) and Fernando Redondo at his peak in Madrid.
The unique aspect about Pirlo's functionality is that even if various teams attempted to employ Milan's strategy(of deep lying creator), I don't think they would pull it off. Today's club teams are obsessed with the "Makelele role", even though it is effective, it lacks the beauty and romanticism of what Pirlo brings to this game we love.

Great win Ragazzi
Rep points to you...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:53.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.