AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-02-2010, 11:27   #2926

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The thing is that, maybe Benzema will be gone for 25 mil. But if a club offers Dzeko 45mil, and Milan offers 25mil, I just don't think Wolfs will sell it to Milan.
It really depends on the market now, and with all those new owners coming in and willing to spend double than market value, can you blame the selling club for selling the players to the highest bidder. Dzeko might dreamed to play for Milan....but what if the club that offers 45mil for Dzeko is also offering him twice as much as what Milan can offer.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 11:39   #2927

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
If milan does not want to pay the money a team like for example man utd wants to offer then dzeko will be gone. I dont think he will refuse every other team just to have a small chance off joining us. So basically I'm saying we wont get dzeko as other big teams will make decent offers for him. I dont believe in this transfer at all.
maybe we wont even need to, as hopefully the hunter goes on like this...
Filipéz 182 is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 11:53   #2928

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
If Benzema is available for 25 no way Wolfsburg can get 40 for Dzeko. It's not a matter of how we rate him, in the market Dzeko can not be close to twice Benzema's price.
The difference is, Benzema flopped at Real and they want to get rid of him as soon as possible to get as much money as possible, because they don't want to sell him for half of price they paid, like with Huntelaar. On the other hand, every big European team who needs a strong center forward wants Dzeko (Manchester, Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal...) so it's normal that his price is high.
Revolver is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 14:15   #2929

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
The difference is, Benzema flopped at Real and they want to get rid of him as soon as possible to get as much money as possible, because they don't want to sell him for half of price they paid, like with Huntelaar. On the other hand, every big European team who needs a strong center forward wants Dzeko (Manchester, Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal...) so it's normal that his price is high.
the season isnt even over. its too soon to talk about a flop! IMO they would be stupid to let on of the most talented strikers in europe go. Benzema was fantastic in his lyon days, and he has the talent to make it at a team like real madrid.
Filipéz 182 is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 15:28   #2930

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Napoli isnt scared at all right now against inter.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 15:31   #2931

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Considering how Wolfsburg's season is going, Dzeko has clauses in his contract that give him negotiating power, especially if Wolfsburg doesn't perform, I'm sure of that.

Plus, if Man Utd offer 45 million, and Milan 25, and Dzeko doesn't want to go to Man Utd, he won't go. He's not a piece of property, he has tremendous rights, and if Milan offer 25, Man Utd 45, and Dzeko only wants to come to Milan, then Wolfsburg would sell to Milan, because they know he wants to leave, and so they'll sell him to Milan because they'd rather get money from him than have an unhappy player.

Plus, doesn't Dzeko supposedly have some clause in his contract that he can be released for 25-30 million? Maybe that was paper talk, but so is a lot of the information that we use to size of Dzeko's chances of going to Milan.

I know people will call me crazy, but if Cesc was seriously offered to Milan by Fly Emirates, I wouldn't take him. I don't think he would fit into our system, I doubt he would do well in Serie A, and just don't see him as the sort of player to really fit in Milan's style. I'd much rather take Anderson and Montolivo. I'm sure that the amount of money that Emirates/Milan would have to throw at Arsenal for Cesc would equal to Anderson and Montolivo.

Even if Fiorentina continue to suffer this season, I think Montolivo has actually matured into the player that we expected him to be. Honestly, he really shows that he can provide Milan an heir to Pirlo.

Imagine next year being:

-----------GK
-Abate--Nesta--Thiago--Zambro/Anto
---Anderson--Montolivo--Flamini
----Pato---Dzeko---Ronaldinho

That would be an awesome team.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 15:38   #2932

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Napoli totally raping Inter, well for the first 30 minutes at least. I believe in Napoli but as of right now its a 50/50 game.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 16:25   #2933

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Samaldinho, if what you said about Dzeko's release clause is correct, then that certainly will increase the likelihood of him wearing a milan jersey next season. The issue, however, is still that are we even willing to pay for 30 mil to sign him? Over the last few years, we have gone from signing the players we need to signing the players that fit the so called budget. So the main question becomes, do we even have 30 mil budget this summer? Sad as it might sounds, the answer to that question is questionable to say the least. If, however, Dzeko doesn't have that release clause, then I say we are royally doomed. In an open market, Dzeko is easily worth over 30 mil. With teams like Chelsea and Man U waiting in the wing, Wolfsburg will not hesitate to sell him to the highest bidder. Dzeko, on the other hand, will also not wait for another year for Galliani to sell the scrap metal in his garage to raise cash to sign him.

As far as Fabregas is concerned, you have reasons to be concerned. There have been a few high spanish players that flopped in Serie A in the last couuple of decades. To me, however, Fabregas can be such a difference maker that I would be willing to take a chance on him. Is there a chance that he will flop? Absolutely. But for a guy his talent level, we have to take a shot.
slifersd is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 17:29   #2934

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
the season isnt even over. its too soon to talk about a flop! IMO they would be stupid to let on of the most talented strikers in europe go. Benzema was fantastic in his lyon days, and he has the talent to make it at a team like real madrid.
Believe me, they think he is a flop! Huntelaar had half of season to prove himself and then they've sold him. Huntelaar was fantastic in his Ajax days too. Half of season is more than enough for a player to prove himself, if not a club should sell him, because a longer they keep him - they'll sell him for lower price.

For Fabregas, no from me! Pirlo will end up his career here, so Fabregas is a redundancy. Even if he'd fit, we don't need a midfield with two physically weak players out of three. Because of that, I would say no to Montolivo too. We need a strong(er) player to replace Seedorf. I don't want us to became another Barcelona. Too much weak players in midfield always Barcelona's way, our strong midfield practically raped their in 1994 CL final, and everyone here saw what Chelsea done to them in second leg last year. Weak midfield cannot withstand strong pressure!

I saw Napoli - Inter match tonight, Mourinho was playing for a draw, and he got a draw. They've practically played with half of their capacity, LB Santon hardly crossed a half way line. Napoli was unlucky to score, they've hit the post twice. Dennis has done better than Borriello against Lucio and Samuel, but unfortunately he can't get it on target.
Revolver is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 18:02   #2935

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Samaldinho: why wouldn't Cesc fit in Serie A ? Cesc has everything Pirlo has, except he makes more runs off and with the ball, and contributes more goals and assists per season. I fail to see why Cesc wouldn't fit in Serie A. If we really, desperately, want to keep Pirlo on the team Cesc could play as playmaking AM, traditional #10 (which he has done for both Spain and Arsenal) and leave Pirlo in the "deep lying playmaker" role.
Mystik is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 18:15   #2936

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I agree Silf, but, if we sell Huntelaar, plus with this new money coming from Emirates, then, I think meeting Dzeko's release clause is very doable. The open market scares me, but, again, Wolfsburg have to agree and so does Dzeko, if that means Wolfsburg gets a lower fee, they'd rather take that than keep an unhappy player. It seems that Dzeko's desire to play for Milan is exceptional, and that is why I'm keeping hope. I think if Dzeko didn't have the desire to play for Milan, I would completely agree with you.

I also have this sneaking suspicion that Leonardo will be given a little bit more money this summer because he's doing well, so far. If we make a decent CL run and make an actual run at the Serie A (however unlikely) I feel that Leonardo will get what he wants. We might question Mancini's loan, but, I think this is a clear choice from Leonardo.

In terms of the other positions, it seems Galliani has confirmed that Astori, Marcus Diniz, and Paloschi are coming back to Milan next year. That seems to spell the end for Kaladze, Onyewu, and Favalli (retiring) and seemingly Inzaghi as well. Marcus is a CB, and he's played pretty well from time-to-time for Livorno. Astori has been one of the top CBs in Serie A, and Paloschi started brightly but has had some injury problems for Parma.

Because of the relatively cheap nature of these transfers, I think we'll have more money available for other positions. Plus, if we really do sell Kaladze for 8 million, and get some money for Janku and Onyewu, that would have Milan sitting pretty for next year.

I agree with Revolver about Cesc, he is very light weight. Pirlo is a work horse, and plugs away quietly for Milan, and he's 30, he'll have at least 10 more years left in him, by Milan standards.

However, with Montolivo, I don't see him as playing next to Pirlo next year. I think Montolivo would gradually phase Pirlo out, if not give the guy some much needed rest. Seeing how useful Beckham is to the side, I think Montolivo could provide a similar option. Of course, this is all highly doubtful, but, I think in terms of CBs, we are set with Nesta, Thiago, Bonera, Astori, Marcus for next year.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 19:08   #2937

DUCO

Registered User
 
DUCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Nesta ,Gourcuff,RIVERA,Kaka,Pato,MALDINI,Sheva
DUCO is on a distinguished road
dont talking abauth mercato sumer 2010 is to far let concetrate on the game against man.utd.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJNE...eature=related

Fergi redy or not we weithng for you

__________________
NO KAKA NO PARTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQLt...eature=related

GAME OVER
DUCO is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 19:35   #2938

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
Samaldinho: why wouldn't Cesc fit in Serie A ? Cesc has everything Pirlo has, except he makes more runs off and with the ball, and contributes more goals and assists per season. I fail to see why Cesc wouldn't fit in Serie A. If we really, desperately, want to keep Pirlo on the team Cesc could play as playmaking AM, traditional #10 (which he has done for both Spain and Arsenal) and leave Pirlo in the "deep lying playmaker" role.
I don't want to come across with the idea that I think that Cesc is a bad player. Clearly, he is a very good one. However, my concerns with Cesc deal with various factors:

Cesc does not have the work rate to be paired with Pirlo in our current midfield. Pirlo does not exactly play that same withdrawn playmaker, he seems to naturally hang back, but, currently we've been playing Gattuso and Ambro behind him, which is even more important now that Pato is on our right and not Beckham.

Leonardo is going to play 4-3-3 next year, and I'm not sure if Cesc could come to Milan and fit in our system. Like Revolver said, Pirlo is finishing his career here, so if Cesc hypothetically came to Milan, that would mean Pirlo is sitting down or leaving, which I don't think is a realistic possibility.

I also am wary of Spanish players coming to Italy. If I was a La Liga fan, I would also, be wary of an Italian player coming to my team, though, while both countries' exports to each other have been poor, Italian players have had a little more success in Spain than Spanish players in Italy. Regardless, of that fact, it just seems pretty clear that both Italians and Spaniards do poorly when they go to the other's league.

We clearly need an alternative to Pirlo, but, Cesc would not be an alternative, not someone to provide a transition, and that is why I favor Montolivo, because, he would be far less expensive, Italian, and I think would be able to fill in other roles for the team, and would not demand playing time as much as Cesc.

If I had to make a fantasy team, Cesc would not be in it, but, if he was given to me, I would not complain as I think he is a very good player, but, again, I just feel that, for Milan, there are better options, especially at the price he would go for. If Fly Emirates wants to give Milan a present, there are plenty of other players that we could make better use of than Cesc.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 14-02-2010, 21:59   #2939

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
On the contrary, I believe Cesc is a BETTER fit for our 4-3-3 than Pirlo. You mentioned yourself that Pirlo sits back and seldom makes runs forward to support the attack. He prefers to spray long balls across the pitch because that's his strength. These long balls are often easily dealt with by organized defenses. Also, because he seldom makes those penetrating vertical runs, when Dinho is marked out of the game, you find that our attack becomes stifled.

With Cesc on the other hand, we have a player who can also spray those long balls with equal accuracy as Pirlo, but who's also willing to make those forward runs through the middle. Because we only really have one creative midfielder in that midfield 3 (the other two are usually Ambro and Gattuso), this is necessary in order to help create chances for the forwards and can also provide a different style of play, instead of always looking to the wings.

As for Pirlo being relegated to the bench, if he cannot do a better job than Cesc at CM then he'll have to get used to the bench. That's just how the game works. If Ronaldinho can cope with being on the bench then so must Pirlo. This is all just fantasy football of course because we don't actually have Fabregas, but I would be all for such a move.
Mystik is offline  
Old 15-02-2010, 01:44   #2940

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Believe me, they think he is a flop! Huntelaar had half of season to prove himself and then they've sold him. Huntelaar was fantastic in his Ajax days too. Half of season is more than enough for a player to prove himself, if not a club should sell him, because a longer they keep him - they'll sell him for lower price.

For Fabregas, no from me! Pirlo will end up his career here, so Fabregas is a redundancy. Even if he'd fit, we don't need a midfield with two physically weak players out of three. Because of that, I would say no to Montolivo too. We need a strong(er) player to replace Seedorf. I don't want us to became another Barcelona. Too much weak players in midfield always Barcelona's way, our strong midfield practically raped their in 1994 CL final, and everyone here saw what Chelsea done to them in second leg last year. Weak midfield cannot withstand strong pressure!

I saw Napoli - Inter match tonight, Mourinho was playing for a draw, and he got a draw. They've practically played with half of their capacity, LB Santon hardly crossed a half way line. Napoli was unlucky to score, they've hit the post twice. Dennis has done better than Borriello against Lucio and Samuel, but unfortunately he can't get it on target.
I always thought you had a strange view on football but this is ridiculous. You dont want us to become like barca? the team that has won 6 (!!!!) trophy's last season!! EVERYTHING they could win. and not only that, but with some FANTASTIC football the whole world enjoyed, go watch some barca games dude, for example the real madrid game, they raped them 2-6 at bernabeu. For me Barcelona is king of football these days, this season they miss a true goalscorer, zlatan hasnt 100% adapted and scores much less than Eto'o.
Filipéz 182 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:50.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.