AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 00:09   #16

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
Its impossible since there aint any DMF's
__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 15:25   #17

HOVO

Registered User
 
HOVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: ARMENIA YEREVAN
Fave Players: Boban Pirlo Maldini
HOVO
i really hope that ancelotti will play dhorasoo in pirlo's place because he's much more stronger that ambrosini and when rui plays he's like lazy and doesn't want to fight!!!
__________________
FORZA MILAN & ARMENIA
inter-AC MILAN 0-6 11.05.2001
HOVO is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 15:55   #18

Franco6

Registered User
 
Franco6's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Malta
Fave Players: Van Basten Baresi Maldini Gattuso Nesta
Franco6 is on a distinguished road
Rui in pirlo's position would be a good idea. When Rui played there he did well this season.
__________________
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA No.7
Franco6 is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 16:30   #19

CuoreRossoNero

Registered User
 
CuoreRossoNero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka, San Paolo
CuoreRossoNero is on a distinguished road
I would like to see Dhorasoo in Pirlo's position, with Rui coming in later in the game if need be.
__________________
Milan 4 Life
CuoreRossoNero is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 20:44   #20

derekhski

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Portland Oregon USA
Fave Players: Its a Team sport, or the entire midfeild
derekhski is an unknown quantity at this point
The line up I would like to see is much of a repeat of previous line ups. Def: Stam, Maldini, Nesta and Cafu Mid: Dhorasso (should fill Pirlo's spot) He deserves the oppurtunity to cemente this spot, IMO. Seedorf, Gatusso, Kaka, possible rest Kaka first half and use Rui C. (he is a great player) then Sheva and Crespo up front.
Maybe next weekend we can let Sheva rest, and use Tommasson then.
Regina can be tough, and Milan needs to fight, fight, fight.
then we fans can party
derekhski is offline  
Old 12-02-2005, 00:20   #21

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
I think we will see Ambro in Pirlo's position tomorrow given that we are playing a tough side like Reggina in their own stadium. We do need someone who will bring solidity to our midfield along with better playmaking skills than Gattuso's; all this leaves Ambro as the most viable option IMO. I would love to see Dhorasoo feature in Gattuso's place for this will bring some extra flavour in our midfield in the absence of Pirlo and the presumed presence of Ambro - Gattuso hasn't been his usual self in the last several games.
I wouldn't mind having Rui in place of a Kaka, who is desperately in need of a rest, I think.
zlatanov is offline  
Old 12-02-2005, 01:32   #22

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Ambro for pirlo...
More than enough to face reggina, IMO
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline  
Old 12-02-2005, 02:15   #23

milan-mad

Registered User
 
milan-mad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
Location: Australia
Fave Players: Nesta,Sheva,Kaka,Seedorf
milan-mad is on a distinguished road
Dhrasoo has looked brilliant everytime he has played this season and i would love to see this skillfull workaholic get much more game time?

As long as we bag 3points and juve draw or lose i will be dancing with the clouds!!!
__________________
FORZA MIGHTY MILAN!!!
milan-mad is offline  
Old 12-02-2005, 10:43   #24

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Carlo, if I know him at all, will opt for a defensive oriented midfield, and Rui will remain on the bench.

Let us not kid ourselves, Carlo will never play a totally attack oriented midfield, unless we are losing the game.

Ambro does not have the vision to make passes, or the skill to beat defenders, but I will bet my last dollar that he will start, along with Gattuso, which IMO is a recipie for disaster.

As a result of playing two players who cant make a good pass to save their lives, we will lose control of this vital area of the pitch, and as such, Reggina will have the opportunity to create more chances.

When we are down by a goal or two, with 20 to 30 minutes left in the second half, he will introduce the attack oriented midfielders, or swap a forward.

This is the Carlo Ancelotti that I know.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 12-02-2005, 11:42   #25

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
sadly, I partially agree with you
__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline  
Old 12-02-2005, 12:39   #26

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
From Channel4:

Ancelotti considers new Milan
Saturday 12 February, 2005
Andrea Pirlo’s absence against Reggina could push Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti into using a three-man defence.

“That system depends on the game and how our opponents are set out,” explained the Coach. “We use a rhombus shaped midfield, so to use three at the back would mean losing quality in the centre.”

He may not have much of a choice, as Ancelotti has already conceded this season that the squad does not have a natural replacement for Pirlo in that deep role.

Manuel Rui Costa and Vikash Dhorasoo have been tested there, but it’s more likely that the solid Massimo Ambrosini will take over – paving the way for a three-man defence with Jaap Stam in the centre and Marcos Cafu advanced on to the right wing.

“This match could represent a turning point in the campaign and a crucial moment in the Scudetto chase,” added the tactician ahead of the trip to Reggio Calabria.

“Reggina are a tough side and can take a few more risks now that they are mid-table. Their home form against the big clubs has been particularly impressive, holding Inter and beating both Juve and Roma.”

Alessandro Costacurta, Pirlo and Pippo Inzaghi have stayed back, but Dario Simic returns to the Milan squad for the first time in months after a long-term injury finally cleared up.

Milan squad:

Gk: Abbiati, Dida, Fiori

D: Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Pancaro, Simic, Stam

M: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Dhorasoo, Gattuso, Kakà, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho

F: Crespo, Shevchenko, Tomasson
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline  
Old 12-02-2005, 13:25   #27

Laudrup

Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12 2000
Location: Cph.
Laudrup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevchenko-[7]
sadly, I partially agree with you
You shouldn't feel so sad about it. Carlo is the main reason why Milan has been so successful these past few years. He may or may not be the number 1 tactician in the world but he managed to unite this group of players and he got the results his way. If you disagree with his general concept of play you don't fully acknowledge the results he has achieved for Milan.
Laudrup is offline  
Old 12-02-2005, 20:42   #28

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I have a feeling this will be an important match on a psychological level for our players. We still need to prove ourselves in some areas.

Pirlo's absence is an important matter to deal with, but I think Carlo already has an idea as to how to approach the match, and it seems he has studied Reggina carefully from what I see.

Anyway, I feel good towards this match and I can see the side will continue the growth that has occurred lately.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 13-02-2005, 02:34   #29

freddydaddy7

Registered User
 
freddydaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
freddydaddy7 is on a distinguished road
As Carlo Mentioned on Channel4.com that he could go with 3 men Defence and thats pretty good knowing will have more width in the game and havin more attacking options at this point of the season where we are down by 2 pts we cant really just hope that juve falls and some how we pass them, i wont say we were lucky against Lazio but the team worked real hard to get over them and it should the figthing spirt they players had and the changes that were made the second half.

i hope this game we should try to finish it off early in the first half were we could relax in the second Reggine is no push over in their home ground but i hope our middle takes good care of the ball and makes sure there is less mistakes coz they would just need a chance and boom block every way to their goal thats why its so imporatnt we do it early so then we could find space in their "D"

hope they guys play their heart out and hope Udniess makes a big surprise even thou they were unlucky their first game with Juve but it is gone be lovely game to see hope our Chec player does give us a gift this time around

Forza milan
freddydaddy7 is offline  
Old 13-02-2005, 08:36   #30

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup
You shouldn't feel so sad about it. Carlo is the main reason why Milan has been so successful these past few years. He may or may not be the number 1 tactician in the world but he managed to unite this group of players and he got the results his way. If you disagree with his general concept of play you don't fully acknowledge the results he has achieved for Milan.
I will not dispute the fact that Carlo has done wonders for Milan, indeed, since his arrival, we have become a much better team, however, I must disagree with your last statement.

I think that it is eminently possible to applaud him for the positive changes wrought to the team, while being critical of some of his choices with regard to team selection.

I applaud his decision to potentially opt for a 3 man back line, but I think this is really semantics, designed to throw doubt into the minds of the Reggina coach and by extension, their players as well.

Indeed, if we play with Pancaro and Cafu, we in effect play with a 3 man defense, as one or the other is usually making a run up the touchline of his side of the pitch.

On the other hand, with a "3 man defense", there is no way under heaven that Ambro and Gattso wont be in the middle together, giving away the ball as often as they win it.

Carlo really plays with two DMs (defensive mids) on the pitch out of 4, because of Pirlo's abilities, as Andrea can both tackle, as well as pass and dribble his way out of tight spots.

When Pirlo is absent, he opts for a more defensive midfield set up, often to our detriment...can some of the statistitians around tell me how many games we have won with Pirlo absent, and Rino and Ambro in the middle together?

Methinks not many....and if Pirlo has an off day, the effect is immediatly visible.

Laudrup, I reserve the right to criticise my coach when I think his tactics are too conservative, and praise him when he gets results....As a matter of fact, I have been extremely critical of his decision to leave Rui on the bench, yet I have publicly eaten my words when Kaka (whom he decided to leave on the pitch) helps to create a late winner (a la Lazio).
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:27.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.