AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > General Football

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-03-2005, 12:34   #16

Franco6

Registered User
 
Franco6's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Malta
Fave Players: Van Basten Baresi Maldini Gattuso Nesta
Franco6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht79
thats because our players decided to be 3 yr old boys who couldnt even kick a ball properly on that day. you cant judge just based on that. thats idiocy.

bla bla bla bla....... hope that Liverpool can kick your a$$es
__________________
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA No.7
Franco6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 16:21   #17

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Sehnsucht, you are really a bit out of sorts on this. What I mean is that you call other's choice of Dida "biased" while your saying Buffon is the best while being a Juve fan is not biased at all and a most objective opinion.
Apart from that, Buffon IS a great goalkeeper but all this hype that was created around him by the Italian media in search of their Dino Zoff of the 21st century, has gone way over the top. Buffon has had many, many bad moments. He has let in goals that normally every good goalkeeper would have saved but all this has very opportunistically avoided the attention of the media. Buffon is hailed without limits when he has a good game but when he performs at an average level, and these are not so rare occasions, his mistakes are covered up and no italian jurnalist seems willing to focus on that.
All in all, your opinion on Buiffon being the world's best is just as biased as any Milan's fan saying that Dida is numero 1. For me there are several goalkeepers that could be called "one of the best" and there is no such thing as the best. If I could choose, I would take Cech over anybody for the guy is just 22 years old and has a good 10-12 years in fron of him, apart from that Dida, Buffon, Cech, or Cassilas, in no particular order, are probably the 4 best keepers in the world today. All this is very relative for a keeper's perfomance depends most and foremost on the defence infront of him so maybe out there we have a great talent but the crappy defenders in fron of him just don't allow him to be seen.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2005, 01:57   #18

rossoneroid

Registered User
 
rossoneroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
rossoneroid is on a distinguished road
Calm down, guys. Everyone has his or her opinions on the best gk. I'd rather choose Cech, been watch chel$$ki game several times and sometimes when their defence is weak, he often do awesome saves. Lucky Chel$$ki get him. And if I didn't wrong, he came from a french club which he became Kameni's sub (When Kameni still playing Le Havre) ??

On the other hand could be Taibi vs Southampton, Carroll vs Milan.
just kidding..MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
__________________
milan, kill your enemies !!!
rossoneroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2005, 08:55   #19

sehnsucht79

Registered User
 
sehnsucht79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: malaysia baaaaabyyyyy
Fave Players: the old lady
sehnsucht79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
Sehnsucht, you are really a bit out of sorts on this. What I mean is that you call other's choice of Dida "biased" while your saying Buffon is the best while being a Juve fan is not biased at all and a most objective opinion.
Apart from that, Buffon IS a great goalkeeper but all this hype that was created around him by the Italian media in search of their Dino Zoff of the 21st century, has gone way over the top. Buffon has had many, many bad moments. He has let in goals that normally every good goalkeeper would have saved but all this has very opportunistically avoided the attention of the media. Buffon is hailed without limits when he has a good game but when he performs at an average level, and these are not so rare occasions, his mistakes are covered up and no italian jurnalist seems willing to focus on that.
All in all, your opinion on Buiffon being the world's best is just as biased as any Milan's fan saying that Dida is numero 1. For me there are several goalkeepers that could be called "one of the best" and there is no such thing as the best. If I could choose, I would take Cech over anybody for the guy is just 22 years old and has a good 10-12 years in fron of him, apart from that Dida, Buffon, Cech, or Cassilas, in no particular order, are probably the 4 best keepers in the world today. All this is very relative for a keeper's perfomance depends most and foremost on the defence infront of him so maybe out there we have a great talent but the crappy defenders in fron of him just don't allow him to be seen.
Yes, perhaps it was wrong of me to automatically one's claim as a 'biased' one when Dida was picked over Buffon. But I digress - Buffon might be hyped about and it is true he has his bad moments like any other player (who could ever forget his first flop for Juventus against Chievo, that was hilarious) but Gigi Buffon has really come up with some SERIOUS FANTASTIC saves that I personally feel (after watching other keepers I might add) no other keeper can do. This is however not to belittle the other contenders for this title, Dida is also superb and Cech like you mentioned is just 22 and he has been fascinating to watch although I have never been really keen on Casillas much now.. In conclusion, we are fortunate to have such great goalkeepers in our hands but comparing every single required skill of goalkeeping for each goalie, most people and myself find that Buffon tops the list.
__________________
VISIT JUVENTUS FAN CLUB MALAYSIA <--- UPDATED
Biar putih mata, jangan putih tulang.
FORZA JUVENTUS! MY BLOOD IS BLACK AND WHITE
sehnsucht79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2005, 08:13   #20

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
my list of goalkeepersw goes like this

1) dida
2) buffon
3) frey
4) casillas
5) cech

i tihnk the difference between dida and buffon is that buffon looks more spectacular when he saves, like maradona on another thread said that robinho wants to make the crowd go oooooohhhh and aaaaaaahhhhh, buffon is like that, and hes successful at it, dida is more reliable i think, his positioning is much better and when a cross is coming very rarely do u see him not getting hold of it, and thats why people dont find him better than buffon, hes not as exciting as buffon but hes definatly more reliable.

in terms of excitment i think frey is as exciting as buffon, but wether he can do that with a bigger club than parma remains a mystery, i think hes extremely underrated and im still wondering why france dont start him or even chose him, its not like im complaining though. i really hope we sign him when dida retires!!!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2005, 18:59   #21

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
no I hope we don't sign Frey. I hate show boating keepers. I absolutely would not trade anyone in the world for Dida, he's commanding and very reliable and when assesing any keeper those would be the two words I'd favour. I don't think he's the best in the world for saving impossible shots, I do think Buffon is better than him in that respect.

However that said, sometimes when choosing the best striker in the world or best midfielder, you look at the quality of the goals, the skill and the ability to do things others can't, this is not always the player who sits on top of the scorers chart. and that's why I wouldn't have Dida, I believe although he may not be capable of every astonishing save Buffon is (some are still amazing though.) I think having him between our sticks means we concede fewer goals than we would with any other keeper.
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2005, 20:05   #22

Christopher

Registered User
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2005
Christopher has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht79
thats because our players decided to be 3 yr old boys who couldnt even kick a ball properly on that day. you cant judge just based on that. thats idiocy.
nice excuse . . . rather lame
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 01:35   #23

Mey

Registered User
 
Mey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
Mey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
Personally I like Dida better, I don't understand the Buffon hype . . . maybe I havent seen him enough.
I don't understand the hype either, I think he would be a more effective goalkeeper if he actually caught the balls instead of punching them back out to his opponents. I think women and gay men fancy him due to the nude photos of him and his schlong.

Casillas has more class than Buffon. Buffon reminds me of an enraged punching monkey infront of his goal cage, also for the fact he will hump anything that moves.
__________________
Ex Juve Fan. Forza Milan!
Mey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 11:06   #24

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
I'd put Buffon as no.1, both he and Dida are completely trusted by their defences but Buffon has the edge on shotstopping.

Casillas is a decent keeper but he isnt at the level of Dida and Buffon yet, he still makes the occasional bad decision.

Cech is only in his first season at Chelsea so its too early to judge how good he really is. Most of the shots on Chelsea's goal get blocked by John Terry, who saves as many with his face as Cech does with his hands Also, remember that Tim Howard was Premiership keeper of the year in his first season, 1 bad mistake can set a keeper back a long way
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 11:49   #25

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezagud
Also, remember that Tim Howard was Premiership keeper of the year in his first season, 1 bad mistake can set a keeper back a long way
Even Dida can attest to that
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 13:20   #26

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
The kid who played for Roma looks to be one for the future
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 18:10   #27

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezagud
Also, remember that Tim Howard was Premiership keeper of the year in his first season, 1 bad mistake can set a keeper back a long way
I know, I think it's ridiculous, I'm a man U fan (i didn't even know which way I swung more until the the run-up to the CL tie) and I keep hearing all this moaning about a new goalie. Personally I think it was a case of difficult-second-season syndrome and they need to give Howard another run, I think he'll turn out to be an exellent keeper.
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 10:36   #28

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
i think they need a new goalkeeper.. u can never be too sure, united shouldnt take any risks now, they need a GK and a DM and for god sakes theyre the richest team on earth and those 2 positions are usually some of the cheapest out there

FORZA DIDA!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 13:17   #29

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know, I think it's ridiculous, I'm a man U fan (i didn't even know which way I swung more until the the run-up to the CL tie) and I keep hearing all this moaning about a new goalie. Personally I think it was a case of difficult-second-season syndrome and they need to give Howard another run, I think he'll turn out to be an exellent keeper.
yeah, when we didnt have Rio only Gary Neville really took charge of situations so Howard had to make a lot of decisions that he should never have had to worry about. When the defence and keeper lack communication an error is almost a certainty

He's done good since getting back into the side but im not sure if he'll be first choice next year as Gill has announced Utd will be looking to replace Carroll as it seems he wont sign his new contract...

Quote:
i think they need a new goalkeeper.. u can never be too sure, united shouldnt take any risks now, they need a GK and a DM and for god sakes theyre the richest team on earth and those 2 positions are usually some of the cheapest out there
Profits have been hit by 2 years of underperforming and a big investment in Rooney so im not sure what funds are there in the summer. The midfielder that comes would have to be absolute top class and those players do cost money, Essien has put himself in the shop window already so maybe he'll be the one.
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 06:59   #30

sehnsucht79

Registered User
 
sehnsucht79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: malaysia baaaaabyyyyy
Fave Players: the old lady
sehnsucht79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
nice excuse . . . rather lame
it is true. juventus might've lost but buffon I feel did well in the CL final's penalties. besides, judging him just based on that is ludicrous.
__________________
VISIT JUVENTUS FAN CLUB MALAYSIA <--- UPDATED
Biar putih mata, jangan putih tulang.
FORZA JUVENTUS! MY BLOOD IS BLACK AND WHITE
sehnsucht79 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.