AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

View Poll Results: which match is harder to accept?
riazor revolution: losing 4-0 after being 4-0 up in CL QF 2003/2004 9 12.16%
the unbelievable night in istanbul: milan being 3-0 up only to lose on penalties later on 65 87.84%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-2005, 15:28   #16

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I voted the final as we played so well except for 6 minutes.

However, I have learnt to accept defeat mostly because of the finals against Marseille and Ajax. These things happen, we cannot let it keep us down
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 16:09   #17

contra22

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2001
contra22
Deportivo, without a doubt.

There is one huge difference between the match between the Deportivo and Liverpool match.

In the Deportivo match, Milan did not turn up for the match. They knew that the previous night were filled with upsets but yet collasped without reacting strong enough. That was unacceptable.

In the Liverpool match, they tried all they could. Tactically, physically and strategically Milan was by far more dominant than Liverpool. Simply said, it was not meant to be and it was not Milan's night.
__________________
Forza Milan! Forza Rui Costa!
contra22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 16:46   #18

Maradona (10)

Registered User
 
Maradona (10)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
Location: Argentina
Fave Players: Sheva-Dinho
Maradona (10) is an unknown quantity at this point
Liverpool, no doubt.

Because it was a final.
Because we played so well during the first 45.
Because its one game, and Liverpool had only 45 minutes to erase a 0-3 deficit while La COruņa played at home and with 90 minutes.
Because the Liverpool game took place after La Coruņa, meaning we should have learned from our fatal experience in Spain.
Because we didnt win a single trophy this season (Excluding you know...)
Because we were much more experienced than Liverpool.
Because I thought we were winning our 7th after the first half and once Sheva had that double chance.
Because we had to watch Dudek the monkey dancing
Because they are an english side.

Enough!

Maradona (10) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 17:01   #19

Franco6

Registered User
 
Franco6's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Malta
Fave Players: Van Basten Baresi Maldini Gattuso Nesta
Franco6 is on a distinguished road
Defenetly the final... for all the reasons you all stated.

BTW here are some recent incredible results

1995/96 UEFA cup quarter final vs Bordaux, we won the 1st leg 2-0 and lost away 3-0 result out of the UEFA
1997/98 Italian cup final vs Lazio, we won the 1st leg 1-0 at home and in the middle of the 2nd half we scored so we had 2 goals advantage, but Lazio scored 3 in 7 minutes aggragate 3-2 for Lazio and Italian cup lost
2003/04 the recent deportivo games
2004/05 PSV..... we qualified luckily and the final
__________________
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA No.7
Franco6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 20:31   #20

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
this must change!!!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 20:34   #21

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
I take it you are referring to your signature
Don't worry, it will. We will be up and running again next year.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 21:07   #22

Mehdi

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Mehdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Obviously the final. For 45 minutes we played perfect football. We were 45 minutes away from becoming the greatest team of the modern era, this match would have been the blueprint for playing football the world over, our players would have become legends, every last one of them. Instead as someone wrote on a newsgroup Milan are the European Champions of choking.
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 22:33   #23

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
i agree with mehdi above. They would have been talkng about this game for years and years if milan continued playing like they did in the first half. for decades. instead they will be talking about it for anothe reason.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 23:22   #24

sehnsucht79

Registered User
 
sehnsucht79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: malaysia baaaaabyyyyy
Fave Players: the old lady
sehnsucht79 is on a distinguished road
well neither affected me but I voted for Istanbul. As a fan I think it will be harder for a milanista to accept istanbul than riazor
__________________
VISIT JUVENTUS FAN CLUB MALAYSIA <--- UPDATED
Biar putih mata, jangan putih tulang.
FORZA JUVENTUS! MY BLOOD IS BLACK AND WHITE
sehnsucht79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2005, 23:29   #25

fantasheva

Registered User
 
fantasheva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
fantasheva is an unknown quantity at this point
Istanbul hands down.

This is the match Juve/Inter/Liver fans will always have against us. This game was an ebarassment to the team and the fans and the AC Milan name. 10-20-30 years from now no matter how good Milan is this win will be a black spot in the history of Milan.

I will love and support Milan forever but I will never forget this game. I would not be so bitter if Milan lost deservingly. If Milan gave 100% for 90+30 minutes and still lost I would not have said a word. However these players could not give 100% for the AC Milan organization, for the great history of the club and most importantly for the fans and ended up with an embarassing loss.

I'm sorry but I will not get over this loss unless we win a double or CL minimum next year. I love this team too much but their performances against Deportivo, PSV and Liverpool broke my heart.
fantasheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 04:58   #26

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasheva
Istanbul hands down.

This is the match Juve/Inter/Liver fans will always have against us. This game was an ebarassment to the team and the fans and the AC Milan name. 10-20-30 years from now no matter how good Milan is this win will be a black spot in the history of Milan.

I will love and support Milan forever but I will never forget this game. I would not be so bitter if Milan lost deservingly. If Milan gave 100% for 90+30 minutes and still lost I would not have said a word. However these players could not give 100% for the AC Milan organization, for the great history of the club and most importantly for the fans and ended up with an embarassing loss.

I'm sorry but I will not get over this loss unless we win a double or CL minimum next year. I love this team too much but their performances against Deportivo, PSV and Liverpool broke my heart.
y is it always milan cant it be united or someone it happens to us always noooo we r curseed
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 08:09   #27

ASHWIN

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2004
ASHWIN is on a distinguished road
I can't bear 2 watch the replays of the Liverpool game. In my opinion,Milan deserved 2 lose. They could afford 2 give away a 3-0 lead in 6 mins. Whatever the case, we have 2 look on the bright side. We seriously need a makeover in defence.
ASHWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:29   #28

Grant1977

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: Widnes
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Zidane, Gattuso, J.Zanetti(!)
Grant1977 is on a distinguished road
I amongst all of you must choose the Depor game as the worst to loose, as while I am a Milan fan, My first love will be always Liverpool FC.

I am surprised how the game went, I had given it up when Crespo shot chipped past Dudek into the net!!

What a turnaround!!!

I wont go on further except to reiterate that the Depor game was a far worse experience for me!!
Grant1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:12   #29

Gio-mania

Registered User
 
Gio-mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
riazor.............

it all started then.......
for the final i already knew we had the potential to mess it up- like we did vs. psv(almost)..
Gio-mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 14:21   #30

Haroon

Registered User
 
Haroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2002
Location: Lahore, Pakistan.
Haroon is on a distinguished road
IMO, the Deportivo disaster was a bad loss resulted by our own fault and arrogance.

What happened in Istanbul is just a strange thing that I haven't seen before. On the balance of play and how we played, this final is the harder loss to swallow for sure because we played great and yet lost the final in a very odd way. In La Coruna we deserved a kicking on the backside and got it rightly as we didn't come to play since the whistle went.
__________________
___________________

ACM 1899
___________________
Haroon is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.