AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-2005, 12:44   #16

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Schalke is a tough team to play especially when they are at home. On the road they aren't anything that special but at home they are a team to be respected. I would expect them to put us under lots of pressure from the first signal and try to score a quick goal. I think they are well aware that Milan is the much more experienced side and should it come down to being patient and taking your chances, Schalke aren't getting anything out of this game.
As time progresses, I would expect Milan to feel more and more comfortable on the field and close down space in defence and midfield, while up front quick counters will open up lots of opportunities for us to score.
My prediction is 0-3 for us.
zlatanov is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 14:42   #17

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
...Schalke aren't getting anything out of this game...My prediction is 0-3 for us.
Lets hope your Crystal ball isnt foggy Zlat!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 18:53   #18

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
I'd take a draw but I think we'll still win, I don't think Schalke really have what it takes.

1-0 to us.
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 21:37   #19

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
I hop its going to be 1:2 the goal for Schalke sould score Zlatan Bajramovic just because he is Bosnian. Gila and Sheva for Milan.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 22:47   #20

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
Lets hope your Crystal ball isnt foggy Zlat!
don't worry, Warro, I have tons of windex

Last edited by zlatanov; 26-09-2005 at 22:52.
zlatanov is offline  
Old 27-09-2005, 00:52   #21

Dil dil

Registered User
 
Dil dil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: U.S.A
Fave Players: all Ac milan players espacialy Maldini, inzaghi
Dil dil is on a distinguished road
well since I don't have enough idea about schalke I'll not commint about
the difficuly that Milan may have so I only think we will win 2-1

Forza Milan
__________________
Dildil= N1 fan of Ac milan
and always will be and for ever
Dil dil is offline  
Old 27-09-2005, 09:32   #22

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
From acmilan.com:

Quote:
ANCELOTTI: 'Stam and Ambro are uncertainties’
9/27/2005
MILAN – Before departing for Gelsenkirchen, where Milan will face Schalke 04 tomorrow evening, Carlo Ancelotti spoke with the journalists present at Malpensa: ‘We have two uncertainties: Stam and Ambrosini. We will see how the others do this evening during the training in Gelsenkirchen, then we will make the lineup. Schalke is a robust side and they play at a high level. At home they play more aggressively, focusing on the offense. Right now we are trying to put on a good presentation. We want to reach six points in the classifications, but we want to play well.
And this as well from our erstwhile coach:

Quote:
ANCELOTTI: ‘Have to count on the fact that we are better technically and not just physically’
9/27/2005
MILAN – In view of the Schalke 04 away game, Carlo Ancelotti confided that the team have shown signs of improvement in the last week: ‘Tomorrow’s game will be played at night and there will be a different atmosphere.

Therefore, there is a possibility that you will see an even better Milan than in Padova. We are in line with what did last year, but we must try to play better. There are things that we must improve upon. On certain fields we play slowly, we must improve the rhythm of our game. We must streamline. It is a problem with the beginning of the season. But, it is better to face problems at the beginning of the season rather than later.

However, we have to play the games counting on the fact that we are better technically and not just physically. Certainly, we must not physically succumb because otherwise it would be difficult to express our quality.’
True inspiration!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 27-09-2005, 11:17   #23

Haroon

Registered User
 
Haroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2002
Location: Lahore, Pakistan.
Haroon is on a distinguished road
If we can manage to win 0-3 as Zlatanov said, then we really do make a strong statement. I think we are well capable of taking them to the cleaners as long as we are in the right frame of mind and I have to say that so far Kaka, Gila, Maldini and Ancelotti have sent positive vibes and clear intent of going there to win the game signalling that we are in the right frame of mind.
__________________
___________________

ACM 1899
___________________
Haroon is offline  
Old 27-09-2005, 12:55   #24

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL...Report=PR.html

In the article the link above will take you to, Schalke coach states:

Quote:
Milan do not scare Schalke
Tuesday, 27 September 2005
by Mark Bennett from Gelsenkirchen

FC Schalke 04 are billing themselves as outsiders for the UEFA Champions League Group E visit of AC Milan - and believe their underdog status will help them against last season's finalists.

Assauer bullish
Schalke began their campaign with a 1-0 defeat at Milan's 2004/05 semi-final victims PSV Eindhoven, while the Rossoneri produced two late goals to see off Fenerbahçe SK. A second loss would leave Schalke in a prematurely precarious position, but general manager Rudi Assauer is bullish, precisely because of the size of their task.


"Don't get me wrong but I have always said the match against Milan is the easiest one for us," he declared. "We are outsiders despite being at home and therefore the team have absolutely nothing to lose. Form beats class in football and we hope that our form is good enough to beat Milan's class."

Sand return
Assauer's optimism is boosted by Schalke's display in the 2-0 Bundesliga win against Hannover 96 on Saturday. Coach Ralf Rangnick, who will have striker Ebbe Sand available after the Danish international recovered from a back problem, wants his side to continue where they left off.

In form
Rangnick said: "The match against Hannover showed us exactly the way we have to play and I am sure the special Champions League atmosphere will help us raise our game even more. We can give Milan a run for their money if we manage to improve by ten or 20 per cent."

No sitting back
The coach added that he wants his team to take the game to Milan to get the goals needed to win. "I don't think we can afford to sit back and wait as we have done at times this season," he said. "Milan have too much individual class for that. We must take the initiative and keep them busy."
Nice...I like it when clubs think to attack our team, this creates spaces, which we are sure to exploit. What worries me though is Ambro´s potential absence.

Quote:
Ancelotti calm
Visiting coach Carlo Ancelotti is not afraid of Schalke attacking his side, though. "We are looking forward to an exciting contest, a beautiful stadium and a great atmosphere," he said. "Hopefully we can play the game we are best at and make it a typical away game for AC Milan."

Respect for hosts
Despite Schalke's defeat in the Netherlands, Ancelotti is not making the mistake of underestimating the 2004/05 Bundesliga runners-up. "We have obviously had Schalke watched. They have found their form and they are a very competitive side - I hold them in the highest esteem," said Ancelotti, who could have Massimo Ambrosini back from a muscle injury.

Maldini mark
With the hosts eager to exert pressure on the Rossoneri defence, Serie A appearance record-holder Paolo Maldini and company could have their work cut out. But the Milan captain, who surpassed Dino Zoff's domestic mark at the weekend, said Schalke will do well to score.

Clean sheets
"We haven't conceded a goal in our last two games and would like to keep it that way against Schalke," Maldini said. "We are not prepared to let them create chances. I am optimistic we will do well."

Basics required
So how can Schalke breach that defence? Midfielder Fabian Ernst identified the simple approach. "We are finding our form slowly and must show Milan that we want it more from the word go," the German international said. "We must look to the basics before trying to play fancy football."

©uefa.com 1998-2005. All rights reserved.
Somehow, someway, I feel this will be the sternest test in our group, and admittedly, though I stated earlier that I would be happy with a draw, the presumptuous coach of Schalke has me wanting to trounce these German upstarts.
__________________
I Love Milan.

Last edited by Warro Bantan; 27-09-2005 at 12:58.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 27-09-2005, 17:17   #25

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon
If we can manage to win 0-3 as Zlatanov said, then we really do make a strong statement. I think we are well capable of taking them to the cleaners as long as we are in the right frame of mind and I have to say that so far Kaka, Gila, Maldini and Ancelotti have sent positive vibes and clear intent of going there to win the game signalling that we are in the right frame of mind.
Have to say Haroon, that this is a far cry from your wonderful previews of last season.

As much as I would love to see more of your analyses, maybe thats what brought us bad luck last term, so maybe its a good thing you arent giving us your in depth posts... (jus kidding)....though I confess to missing them.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 27-09-2005, 17:34   #26

Tobinho

Registered User
 
Tobinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: London
Fave Players: Maldini
Tobinho is on a distinguished road
I think Milan should be able to win. I'd like to see Vieri score aswell.
Tobinho is offline  
Old 27-09-2005, 18:02   #27

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
I will be in class but my mind will be on Milan. Come on Rossoneri, bring it home!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!
slicknick is offline  
Old 27-09-2005, 22:42   #28

Milan3869

Registered User
 
Milan3869's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Los Angeles!!!
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Massaro, Sheva, Boban
Milan3869 is an unknown quantity at this point
all i know is that schalke has Kuranyi as its top striker....but he's not that good to cause our defence trouble...2-0 is a safe prediction.
Milan3869 is offline  
Old 28-09-2005, 01:37   #29

Dil dil

Registered User
 
Dil dil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: U.S.A
Fave Players: all Ac milan players espacialy Maldini, inzaghi
Dil dil is on a distinguished road
MALDINI: 'We want to seal the round'
9/27/2005
MILAN - Paolo Maldini talked about Wednesday's match against Schalke
with Gazzetta dello Sport: 'I am doing well enough and will be
available to play. We are going to Schalke's stadium to win, because
in the Champions League you must seal the round as soon as possible.
__________________
Dildil= N1 fan of Ac milan
and always will be and for ever
Dil dil is offline  
Old 28-09-2005, 01:47   #30

Dil dil

Registered User
 
Dil dil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: U.S.A
Fave Players: all Ac milan players espacialy Maldini, inzaghi
Dil dil is on a distinguished road
ANCELOTTI: 'Stam and Ambro are uncertainties'
9/27/2005
MILAN – Before departing for Gelsenkirchen, where Milan will face
Schalke 04 tomorrow evening, Carlo Ancelotti spoke with the
journalists present at Malpensa: 'We have two uncertainties: Stam and
Ambrosini. We will see how the others do this evening during the
training in Gelsenkirchen, then we will make the lineup. Schalke is a
robust side and they play at a high level. At home they play more
aggressively, focusing on the offense. Right now we are trying to put
on a good presentation. We want to reach six points in the
classifications, but we want to play well.'
ANCELOTTI: 'Have to count on the fact that we are better technically
and not just physically'
__________________
Dildil= N1 fan of Ac milan
and always will be and for ever
Dil dil is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.