AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-02-2006, 03:37   #16

devoted_dm

Registered User
 
devoted_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
I don't really agree that we're playing worse than the other teams in the CL. Actually our second half performance last night was really good. Bayern couldn't even get a proper shot on goal, and we were lethal when counter-attacking, combining well and moving into spaces. If our performance was uninspired, I sure as hell didn't notice, because I thought the players fought very hard to earn that draw. We were actually unfortunate not to win the game, considering some of the chances we had. I have a Juventino friend, who, after Werder - Juve, said: "I wish we would have played like *men*, like Milan played last night."
We played better than Juve did, and we were in no way inferior to Bayern last night. They had a period when they were dominating, but so did we.
devoted_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 03:40   #17

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose
Did you see Barca's second goal today? That was just a good demonstration of proper spacing on the break, making yourself available for a pass, and keen awareness where teammates were going to be. Milan just don't have that singular mentality these days; no rhythm, no spacing, no useful running...It was like a bad version of "street-ball" vs. Bayern. Seriously I couldn't keep my eyes open watching the game on Tivo. I also found myself fast forwarding through the game.
.... Sorry for me coming out here and being pessimistic.
Did you also see how easy was the last 15 minutes for Barca and how heavy Chelsea players looked? Barca just had the ball 80% of the time. Did you also see why the english got tired so much, did you see the stupid ruling of the ref. to eject on pitiful and shameless Messi's injury faking?
I do not support Chelsea, I just hate when someone takes pieces of the game and edits them for his/her liking. Messi faked it like a 30 y old pro. He is a great footballer, but
he learned "dirty deeds" too early I reckon.
Milan would actually would score the 3rd and the 4th goal should they play instead of Barca today the last 15 minutes, I am positive on that.
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 04:13   #18

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
I have to say even though I dont agree with your pessimism, I do think this was a good thread that you started G. If we look at Milan with the reasons you have made in defense of it, you are correct. This Milan does not have the appearance of playing with any grit or guts. Of course we are just small potatoes in the big world of Football. Who knows what will happen. I remember the 2003 campaign where we just looked like cr@p and we end up winning the CL. I say let us wait til the end. Of course in true hypocrite fashion, I'm considering creating a very controversial thread about who will win this years CL. I dont think any of you will like to know who I think will win. Some of you will laugh it off and I hope you do, cause this won is going to be messed up.

Good thread G.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 04:27   #19

BaggioForever

Registered User
 
BaggioForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: Cordino Divino, Paolo Maldini, King Shev
BaggioForever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamy
after read all posts i must agree with gre-no-li, goose and jeff...
for me, milanīs football sucks! in two words...boring and stressful because the last 10 min. of the game they defend with all players and abdicate of attacking...itīs suffocating!
i think with quality players ACM have, we should play a lot better than we are playing now..but ACM always played in this system; itīs the clubīs culture and i am sorry with that because we could be more frightful that weīre right now.
i would love to see ACM play like Barcelona or Chelsea - with no fear...attacking football! with players ACM have we

go support Barca or Chelsea, Milan dont need u.
__________________
"It is the desire that makes the champion" - Roby baggio

Last edited by BaggioForever; 23-02-2006 at 04:32.
BaggioForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 04:42   #20

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
On the contrary, i think we can get further with this low profile team rather than with an overconfident bunch of satisfied primedonne. I want to shock you and i say: we'll reach the finals, because our players will show BALLS among all the troubles we are facing.

The turning point will be the return of our Capitano.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 04:47   #21

BaggioForever

Registered User
 
BaggioForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: Cordino Divino, Paolo Maldini, King Shev
BaggioForever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRE-NO-LI
Well, feel free to flame me if you disagree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRE-NO-LI
But I pretende to finish here my participation on the present thread, a topic that I created with the sole purpose of discussing in a peaceful way the current state of affairs of our side; however, since you are becoming to be rude and unpolite, I prefer to stop here.

So what is it? You want us to flame you or not? But from the looks of it, i guess you will need some serious lecturing from Jeff and masters of this forum to stop your pessimism amist cynicism of Milan.

And this wont stop unless YOU stop all your 'without concrete evidence' claims about Milan.
__________________
"It is the desire that makes the champion" - Roby baggio
BaggioForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 07:07   #22

hottie

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: in my dreams
Fave Players: Sheva,kaka
hottie is on a distinguished road
gre no li did u see the game?bayern vs milan?

Bayern were a new team to us,wee dident play againts them for some years now so what did u expect againts a german team?first half 4-0?
Now le`me explain,balack goal was only the few ocasion they got in the first half.Milan in the first half studied there oponent.
In the second half whit a lil bit of luck wee could have easly crushed them on 3-1 score,so i guess u can say that milan is missing luck,but milan missing entusiams and all that,your plain rong.
hottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 09:48   #23

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRE-NO-LI

But I pretende to finish here my participation on the present thread, a topic that I created with the sole purpose of discussing in a peaceful way the current state of affairs of our side; however, since you are becoming to be rude and unpolite, I prefer to stop here.
I doubt if I see any room of discussion here, because I don't see your case of defense when I say "I don't understand why you don't put such a post after we win 4-0, or 4-1 in the 3rd and 2nd last games we played. Or, I don't undersatnd why you don't put a 'praising' post after we win with such a big margin. Basically your criticism stopped. YOu gave your compliment, but you have nothing to praise for Milan. I watched both games and I think Milan gives me a very satisfying performance. Even the 1-0 game gives me a lot of confidence as we go into the Bayern game."

I don't see in any way you want to discuss. In psychological term, you are simply looking for people who shares same idea with you, i.e., Milan play with boring/tedious football. These are all very subtle, but we can all tell. The reason that I'm not happy with your post (not you) is that you have been choosing your timing of the post very carefully, or simply your personality is in such a way that a 1-1 draw game will make you feel insecure/pessismistic. That's fine, but you don't need to open a thread EVERY SINGLE TIME to make THE SAME POINT. We are tired of it.

I"m glad that you try to make this a peaceful discussion, I appreciate that. At the same time, though, you'll only hear one side of the story, i.e., that Milan plays boring/tedious football and never come to realize the other flip side of the coin.

Finally, don't try to manipulative and put ME in the back seat. I read my post very carefully and make sure that I don't aim at you but your post. I make sure that you can still see the other side of the coin. Remember, if it sounds unpolite and rude to you, imagine how rude and unpolite some posts can be when they are repeatedly bombastic about how bad Milan is and "without concrete evidence".
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 10:01   #24

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamy
after read all posts i must agree with gre-no-li, goose and jeff...
for me, milanīs football sucks! in two words...boring and stressful because the last 10 min. of the game they defend with all players and abdicate of attacking...itīs suffocating!
i think with quality players ACM have, we should play a lot better than we are playing now..but ACM always played in this system; itīs the clubīs culture and i am sorry with that because we could be more frightful that weīre right now.
i would love to see ACM play like Barcelona or Chelsea - with no fear...attacking football! with players ACM have we deserverd that. i want to see the ACM of the first 45 min from last CL final...that was truly football!!
but, on the other way, every time ACM plays, there isnīt only 3 points in discussion (in all competitions). there is the history of a huge club, the objectives and f course money! (how much better are the results, more money is gerated - merchandising, valuating of the players, etc). so thatīs why they play like they play; they cannot risk to much in order of losing everything (but this system is not 100% safe - look at the result of CL final last year; and La Coruna a few years ago) ..ACM always played without taking any risks and we will continue to play like this, because the next coach (whatever who will be) will also play in this system. letīs hope it wonīt be sleepy football
saying this, ACM result in German was very good (i didnīt expected) but we must thank the referee because if he hadnīt appointed to the penalty kick, i doubt ACM could score a goal. we only had 2 shot on goal! the goal it self and shevaīs kick...very poorly for a team like ACM
now letīs see in italy; with this draw itīs possible...


see ya
I concur on point that Milan should try to play more attacking football cuz it looks much better than the one we are playing now... however it depends on coach... Barca has super offence... however poor defence. chelski does not have anything what is called beauty of football... I hate to watch them playing... it's very boring... I wonder how ski fans can cope to watch so many boring games dunring the season
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 10:21   #25

Flamy

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Portugal
Fave Players: only players who can dignify AC Milan
Flamy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggioForever
go support Barca or Chelsea, Milan dont need u.

tell me one thing baggioforever, do you like to see sometimes ACM games with your heart in your hands?! you must understand one thing: iīm a fan like all of you, but i donīt have responsabilities of playing...i donīt have a salary of 400/500 thousand € per month!! yes, i hate to see some games when we always play in counter attack...Milan-juve was a great game, but why we didinīt play in the same way at Samp-Milan or Roma-Milan for example?
not only the results are important...our football style is also important..thatīs one of the reasons why the attendance of italians games went down (and the price of the tickets as well)
we should face every game "mano a mano", with no fear..i think all fans deserve that
Flamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 10:30   #26

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Gre-no-li, now I simply believe there's nothing we can do to help you.

You applaud Flamy's post because he agrees with you, being equally (and unbelievably) difficult to satisfy.

You're not being critic, and you're not being ambicious (wishing for excellence).

Jeff has done everything I can think of the help you understand that despite a few bad games (like at Samp., Roma) Milan has done very well... look at the numbers, look at the numbers, look at the numbers...

This is starting to look like those who critized Gilardino without realizing he's one of the Serie A top scorers, taking only one Penalty Kick in the last game.

It is not that Milan is having a bad season, it's only that Juve has not conceeded anything, except the loss against Milan.

Question to you, how many points did Milan have during the last 3 seasons arriving to this next Giornata? (Compare)
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 10:36   #27

Flamy

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Portugal
Fave Players: only players who can dignify AC Milan
Flamy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
I concur on point that Milan should try to play more attacking football cuz it looks much better than the one we are playing now... however it depends on coach... Barca has super offence... however poor defence. chelski does not have anything what is called beauty of football... I hate to watch them playing... it's very boring... I wonder how ski fans can cope to watch so many boring games dunring the season
iīm not asking too much, just a little bit of excinting football sometimes.
i saw many live games of Mourinho when he was at FC Porto.
his style were not very different from what he has playing now in Chelsea, but i saw a team with 60% of possession of ball allmost every games..i must admit heīs a wonderful coach...
I want to see an ACM secure, with confidence, controling every matches..we have the players to do it...ir reminds sometimes Italy team..with so wonderful players and never assume the game; allways waiting for a chance to counter attack. i think itīs sad...
Flamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 11:01   #28

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
I think you're exagerating on the counter attack thing...

Sacchi's Milan mastered that like no one else before... although they knew when to play that way, and when to take the initiative...

Ancelotti's Milan has been creative most of the time... can't blame them for switching every now and then as he considers necessary...

I would also love to see Milan win 4-0 every game... but I don't ask for it, nor do I feel bad about winning 1-0, maybe tying a game every so often, nor loosing a game, that's part of football...

The important thing is to make it to the end...

Agree with Gio, not being the favorite (for once) can be a good thing... less pressure...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 12:50   #29

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggioForever
So what is it? You want us to flame you or not?
Well, it was intended to be only a joke, not to be interpreted literally.
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 13:54   #30

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
I think it's a tad pessimistic, I think we're comparing ourselves to the milan of the last 2 seasons, which in my opinion was the best club side in the world by some distance. We should have won the last 3 champions leagues, this is the first season since we won it we have not been the best team in the competition.
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:49.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.