AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sheva were to leave England, would you support his return to AC Milan
Yes 68 51.52%
No 47 35.61%
Dont know yet... I'm still hurt/angry 17 12.88%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2006, 16:01   #16

Hitman

Registered User
 
Hitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2000
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Kaka
Hitman is on a distinguished road
There is no reason in speaking about Sheva. He is part of Milan history, he has been one of the greatest - however, HE decided to leave. End of story. AC Milan is more than one single player, and life goes on without him. He will never come back, so let's leave it there.
__________________
Milan is the best there is, the best there was - and the best that there will be!!
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 17:09   #17

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Believe it or not, I voted NO....He is history..a couple of nice chapters, but he is in decline, and wont improve as time goes on...so he can stay with his wife (who I hear he is bickering with, as she wants another kid, and he doesnt, or something of the sort), and continue to learn english.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 17:29   #18

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
Milan snub Sheva return Wednesday 4 October, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have categorically denied that Andriy Shevchenko could return to the club. “He’ll end his career at Chelsea,” said Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

The Ukrainian has been linked with a switch back to Milan given his difficulties in London, yet Galliani doesn’t expect to sign the former European Footballer of the Year for a second time.

“I don’t want to nourish any false hopes,” said the club official. “Shevchenko is a Chelsea player and he will end his career in London.

“We will always have fond memories of the seven seasons he spent with us and the 175 goals he scored.

“I say 175 because I am also counting the one in last year’s Champions League semi-final in Barcelona which was unfairly disallowed.”

After losing Sheva to the Stamford Bridge outfit for Ł31m, Galliani has also conceded that Nelson Dida could be the next high profile player out of the door.

The goalkeeper’s contract expires in June 2007 and talks regarding an extension have so far proved problematic.

“The club is willing to discuss an extension and Dida will remain our first choice until the last day of the season,” added the former Lega Calcio chief.

“If the player decides that he doesn’t want to stay then we will look for another goalkeeper,” he noted.

“I have learned one lesson in 20 years at Milan and that is that everyone is important, but no one is irreplaceable.

“The only person who is indispensable is President Silvio Berlusconi. Milan will keep on winning as long as he remains at the head of the club.”

Livorno and Italy youngster Marco Amelia has been linked with a switch should Dida join another club next summer.

channel4
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 18:13   #19

Billy1969

BANNED!
 
Billy1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Boban, Gattuso, Maldini
Billy1969 is on a distinguished road
No, I wouldn't want him back, we're no hotel.
Billy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 20:26   #20

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot
I would`nt mind taking him back,but not like The Return Of The KIng, simply as a great football player,Now I think the privileges of being the top star belong to I would say Kaka, whom I respect so much for choosing us over Madrid.

I think our relationship with Sheva is like a glass, once broken never can get fixed.

As Zlat said the magic isnt there anymore.
I agree with Zlatanov and kastriot's point about magic glass.


I voted "NO", by the way, when I saw the third option, I thought it was "I don't know. I am still hungry".
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 21:41   #21

gilaferro

Registered User
 
gilaferro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fave Players: Alberto Gilardino, GilaGol, Sviolino, Numero 11...
gilaferro is on a distinguished road
i voted no bcoz once u leave......its over.........no point bringing it back
__________________
1 - ANTHONY CALLEA's success as an Australian Idol contestant
11 - Il numero di ALBERTO GILARDINO
111 - Fa il numero perfetto per TIZIANO FERRO


gilaferro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 22:34   #22

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

I voted the 3rd option
I really loved that guy , he was like my hero I loved to mention his name fequently in my posts to show dominence of AC Milan over the cheap EPL clubs Foe me he was the best player of the world ahead of Zidane, Lampard, Buffon, Ronaldo, Henry and Ronaldinho. I have alot of his pics, videos and goals but his decision of leaving us really broke my heart . Now I don't like to even take his name but the thought that once I loved that guy really is a tough decision to pick either YES or NO . I am still feeling the pain of him leaving AC Milan and its simple as that .
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 22:43   #23

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

But how abt this guys
-Deigo Maradona left Boca Juniors and then returned back to it .
-Johan Cruyff left Ajax and then came back
-Hernan Crespo went to Chelsea and now he is back and happy at Inter Milan.
-Teddy Sheringham had three spells at Totenham Hotspurs .
-Lother Matthaus had two spells at Bayern Munich
-Bixente Lizarazu ahd tow spells at Bayern Munich
-Jaap Stam was I think an Ajax palyer (maybe I am wrong) and now he is again there

so why not that Ukranian
After all u can't expect every good player to be passionate like Paolo Maldini and then the likes of Javier Zanetti, Batistuta, Raul, Del Piero, Nedved, Buffon, Scholes, Giggs etc
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 06-10-2006 at 22:47.
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 22:46   #24

minhduc

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2006
minhduc is on a distinguished road
Just too many reason to say NO, thank you.

1/ There is a very practical risk that he can not recever his form any more and he won't come back cheep.

2/ He left and English was the reason, now what is the reason to come back, he has shut the door to come back.

3/ Milan has pride, has culture, we should not forgive such behavior, noone is more important than the club.

4/ Last but not least Chelsea does not sell him.
minhduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 00:53   #25

zZ[-_-]Zz

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 07 2006
zZ[-_-]Zz is on a distinguished road
Stam was from PSV... Ajax's biggest rival...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:47   #26

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Thank you all for casting your vote and for explaining your position. I had foreseen this to be nearly an even amount of either for or against his return. I voted yes, not over the fact that I think he is missed by this club or that we need him. I voted yes as a way to honor his contribution to this team and for the wonderful memories he gave us particularly against INTER. I chose not to let the disappointment and feeling of betrayal to superceed any of the positve thoughts and memories of his spell here in AC Milan. Likewise, though I voted differently from a good number of you, many of you did give some good points to why you voted "no". In a moment I will go over each of those that did vote "no" and enquire a bit more with some questions and thoughts. Thank you all again for your participation in this straw poll. Those still who have not done so, please do vote as we highly appreciate all members participation.

FORZA MILAN
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:40   #27

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
If only he divorced his wife.
Valued at a lower price....anyway we need a fourth striker.

I doubt he will returned.
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 19:19   #28

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Great poll, Kui. To be honest, I'm a little suprised at how even the results seem to be. I would most definitely vote NO. Numerous reasons:

1) As someone else here already mentioned, we are no hotel.
2) No matter how good he is or how cheap he is, we are a football club that should bring only committed players, not players who have chosen to leave, and return to us simply because they have failed at their new club. We are not a second choice club, and we are not going to serve as back up for someone's career choice. Sheva chose to leave us, despite the love he was getting from management, fans, team mates. Once the decision is made, it's final. We have seen his true colors. There is no point having him back. Imagine if he comes back and kisses the Milan jersey in his first game back. Would that mean anything anymore?
3) He was dishonest to us, to all of us. His reason for leaving was absolute rubbish. If he came out and said that he wanted to leave because of his close personal relationship with Abramovich, that's one thing. BUt to think that Milan fans are stupid enough to buy such a lame excuse is quite simply insulting---both to my inteligence and to his.
4) Okay, I'm going to brace myself for the backlash now, but I've got to say it. The only position that would fit him if he were to return would be that of a ball boy---he can clean Maldini and Costacurta's shoes and prepare their lockers ahead of big games. That way he will know the difference between a club legend and someone who played for this club, but clearly didnt love it quite as much.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 20:21   #29

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9
Great poll, Kui. To be honest, I'm a little suprised at how even the results seem to be. I would most definitely vote NO. Numerous reasons:

1) As someone else here already mentioned, we are no hotel.
2) No matter how good he is or how cheap he is, we are a football club that should bring only committed players, not players who have chosen to leave, and return to us simply because they have failed at their new club. We are not a second choice club, and we are not going to serve as back up for someone's career choice. Sheva chose to leave us, despite the love he was getting from management, fans, team mates. Once the decision is made, it's final. We have seen his true colors. There is no point having him back. Imagine if he comes back and kisses the Milan jersey in his first game back. Would that mean anything anymore?
3) He was dishonest to us, to all of us. His reason for leaving was absolute rubbish. If he came out and said that he wanted to leave because of his close personal relationship with Abramovich, that's one thing. BUt to think that Milan fans are stupid enough to buy such a lame excuse is quite simply insulting---both to my inteligence and to his.
4) Okay, I'm going to brace myself for the backlash now, but I've got to say it. The only position that would fit him if he were to return would be that of a ball boy---he can clean Maldini and Costacurta's shoes and prepare their lockers ahead of big games. That way he will know the difference between a club legend and someone who played for this club, but clearly didnt love it quite as much.
Some Milan fans started supporting Milan because of $hevchenko, so it is understandable to me that some of them still like (or don't hate) him and I don't blame them. Not me though. I didn't even want to bother myself into such a long writing for that traitor and liar. He is not worth it. But I do agree with every argument of yours.
__________________
FORZA MILAN

Last edited by Xudong; 07-10-2006 at 20:25.
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 17:18   #30

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
I voted "Yes" because
Chelsky is a wrong club for him:
the players are too greedy and will never become less selfish.
I do not expect D.Drogba or F.Lampard to start changing the game anytime soon. So, it is a totally different ballgame from ACM's style where the players think "team first". Maybe, Gila is an exception in that rule.
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:19.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.