AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-2007, 19:08   #16

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
I'd play:

Kalac
Oddo, Nesta, Favalli, Jankulovsky
Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf
Kaka'
Gilardino Inzaghi
Is something wrong with Kaladze and Bonera so you'd put Favalli in CD ?
Are they both injured ?
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 19:17   #17

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Gila Inzaghi will never work. It has been tried several several times and at times had been forced to work, but the truth is it simply can't. They both clash into each other too much.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 19:31   #18

devoted_dm

Registered User
 
devoted_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
Well, I don't doubt we will win this one, although I don't think we'll put in the best performance due to having our CL game against Celtic to think about. Ancelotti will probably field what is more or less a second string side. My prediction is a 2-0 win for us.

It is pretty vital that we get 3 points here though, cause then we will be closer to either Inter or Roma in the table - preferrably both.
devoted_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 19:32   #19

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I agree, but we have no choice but to play two. Damn if you do (play Inzaghi and Gila), damn if you don't (lone striker got stuffed by the flood of defenders).
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 19:41   #20

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Is something wrong with Kaladze and Bonera so you'd put Favalli in CD ?
Are they both injured ?
to me, both Kaladze and Bonera are better players overall, but Nesta/Favalli go back to the days at Lazio... to me, their solid together... Bonera plays great when on the right side of the CM couple... not on the left... and Kaladze has been shaky... I'd play Favalli right now...

Everytime he plays good things happen for us... I don't think we have lost a game when he has started... I'm sure you're resourceful enough to find this statistic
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 20:45   #21

Oldman

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta and Kaka. NO MORE Sheva!!
Oldman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
Everytime he plays good things happen for us... I don't think we have lost a game when he has started... I'm sure you're resourceful enough to find this statistic
SANT,

Your "superstitous formation" to play Favalli make "laugh" although the facts supported it to be right...come on Sant...BE STRONG AND TRUST MILAN

I would think that against Catania we will win by 2 - 0 if not 3 - 1 with no real problem....whoever Carletto shall put on the pitch.

As I said I will bet double for Milan this time.
__________________
FORZA MILAN !!
ROSSONERI RULES !!
Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 22:02   #22

will4li

Registered User
 
will4li's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: nanxun , china
Fave Players: kaka pirlo
will4li is on a distinguished road
I had a hunch that the recent bad-luck consuming us is going to wear down himself.
__________________
ac mi is rolling

Last edited by will4li; 27-09-2007 at 22:04.
will4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 01:02   #23

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
I'd play:

Kalac
Oddo, Nesta, Favalli, Jankulovsky
Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf
Kaka'
Gilardino Inzaghi

Right on, dude. Our strikers don't seem to e doing much alone. MAYBE, just maybe, their chances of scoring CAN increase this way, though it is not our ideal striking duo either, as they are very similar players in terms of style
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not...
slicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 05:48   #24

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
to me, both Kaladze and Bonera are better players overall, but Nesta/Favalli go back to the days at Lazio... to me, their solid together... Bonera plays great when on the right side of the CM couple... not on the left... and Kaladze has been shaky... I'd play Favalli right now...

Everytime he plays good things happen for us... I don't think we have lost a game when he has started... I'm sure you're resourceful enough to find this statistic
No, i'm not wondering why did you put him in your line-up, i just wondered if he can play as a CD. It's been long since i've seen him play CD. Actually, i've never seen him play CD, not even in Lazio with Nesta.
It's kinda like Zambrotta or Oddo playing central defenders.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 05:52   #25

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknick
Right on, dude. Our strikers don't seem to e doing much alone. MAYBE, just maybe, their chances of scoring CAN increase this way, though it is not our ideal striking duo either, as they are very similar players in terms of style
i would rather start Aubameyang that play Inzaghi and Gilardino again.
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 05:52   #26

_MaJi_tz

Registered User
 
_MaJi_tz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: Tuzla(Salt City), BiH
Fave Players: Gennarinho Gattuso
_MaJi_tz is on a distinguished road
Must Win Situation for us
__________________



... 110 anni di storia, combatti per la gloria ...



Andriy Shevchenko - July 1, 1999 - May 26, 2006
_MaJi_tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 07:09   #27

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
If we dont startz this match with 2 forwards I will not watch it becouse of my personal protest...( than after 20 min I'll probably be too nbervous and tune in to watch my Milan ).


Gourcuff simply needs to play, so does Gila and Emerson. Rest Pirlo,Seedorf and Oddo.

In these matches you can see how we lack good backup players...

------------željko -----------
--cafu--nesta--bonera--marek-
-----------emerson-------
----gattuso-------gourcuff-----
-----------kaka'-----------
------pippo----gilardino-----
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 08:31   #28

jpick

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
jpick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki
If we dont startz this match with 2 forwards I will not watch it becouse of my personal protest...( than after 20 min I'll probably be too nbervous and tune in to watch my Milan ).
I have a feeling you might be missing the first 20 minutes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki
Rest Pirlo,Seedorf and Oddo.
I could have swore you were a milan fan, why do you hope we lose?

jpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 10:23   #29

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Considering that Gila-Pippo partnership is not working I`d put this fromation

-------------kalac---------------
oddo--- Nesta----Kala----Janku---

--------------Pirlo----------------

Rinho-------Ambro---------Yoan---

------------Seedorf----------------

--------Kaka ------- Pippo---------
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 10:40   #30

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
If I am not mistaken, we have a CL game vs Celtic next week, so I wouldn't count on Oddo and Janku starting this game as they have been playing pretty much non-stop recently.
I would expect to see Nesta rested too if Kaladze is fit and probably Pirlo and Ambro can share half a game each ... same goes for Seedorf and Kaka as they would need to be fresh for the celtic game.
Wouldn't mind seeing Aubameyang start, although I doubt Carlo would go that far.
My team would be:

Kalac
Cafu, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli
Gattuso, Pirlo/Ambro, Gorky/Emerson
Aubameyang/Gorky, Kaka/Seedorf
Gila

I don't mind seeing two DM even if it's a home game vs Catania as I don't think creating chances is among the problems we've had recently but materializing those chances ... so, 2 DMs would be just fine as long as the players are more concrete in their actions in front of goal.

The reason why I consider the Celtic game more important is that winning that game would put us a strong position to decide things in that group as early as the 4th or 5th game and that would allow us to concentrate on Serie A and World Club Championship.
Also soon we should have Ronie, Maldini and Sergio back with the team and that would give us an extra hand in the serie A and CL games say 3-4 weeks away from now and we'd be able to gain any ground we might lose now ... till then, however, I think we should be more shrude in coping with the resources we have available.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.