AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-10-2007, 12:33   #16

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Jim that team would get destroyed.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 12:48   #17

Baresi

Registered User
 
Baresi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2003
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Fave Players: Maldini&Baresi
Baresi is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope we get a play with two strikers as I believe that Kaka plays best behind 2 strikers. I'm hoping to see this line-up.

DIDA

ODDO-----NESTA-----MALDINI-----BONERA

GATTUSO----PIRLO----GOURCUFF

KAKA

INZAGHI-------GILARDINO
Baresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 13:07   #18

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
personally, i would like to see this formation:

--------------Dida-------------
-Oddo---Nesta--Maldini---Kaladze-
------Gattuso-----Emerson----
--Gourcuff---Kaka---Serginho--
-----------Gilardino-------------

If not Oddo, then Cafu.
Not a bad side there Jim but I have doubts we'll see it and for one good reason. I don't think Maldini can play in this match to begin with after playing against Roma, whilst Serginho I don't think is quite match fit yet. I also think Carlo will stick to a similar shape we lined up with against Roma.

I'd like to see something like this..

------------Dida-------------
Oddo--Nesta---Bonera--Favalli
----Rino--Emerson--Sergio----
------Gourcuff----Kaka-------
------------Gila--------------

Essentially, it's to allow Serginho to take advantage of the left wing, whilst Gourcuff can push out on the right, with the freedom to move central. Emerson and Rino will be key and because neither have the ability that Pirlo does, Kaka/Gourcuff will need to drop deeper to collect the ball before pushing forward.

Defensively I've selected Bonera for his greater athletic abilities, which may be useful against trickier players like Cassano and Montella, but also suitable against more physical attackers (Bonazzoli and Caracciolo).

I've also decided that the players that disappointed most in the last match (Kala, Pirlo, Seedorf and Ambro) should be left out to have a chance to recover for the weekend.

Another option, and not unlikely, is that Gourcuff is left out for Brocchi who plays alongside Rino and Emerson, with Serginho alongside Kaka. I'm not as keen on this as I'd prefer to see Gourcuff given the chance, though I'd understand Carlo if he did this.

However, I doubt we'll see any of the systems you listed or me. Mostly because I don't think Carlo will rotate so much, and Samp certainly aren't pushovers.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 13:53   #19

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit®
Jim that team would get destroyed.
Why is that? With 2 dedicated defensive midfielders in front of the defence we'd have alot more protection.

In retrospect i would follow Dev's lead and change Maldini for Bonera for the sake of letting Maldini recover. Then all you have to ask yourself is who plays left-back, Favalli or Kaladze. I've gone with the Georgian, but Guiseppe could easily start instead.

Ambrosini can't play because of the red card and we won't miss Seedorf because he contributed almost nothing against Roma. Plus if he found the midweek and then the weekend game too exhausting, how will he be any good to us again this time round?

Serginho was for my money our most dangerous player when he came on, he could beat his man and put in a decent cross, something no one else could do on the left (save 1 Maldini cross that Gilardino almost had to break his neck to get anything on it!). Gourcuff i would hope would provide more creativity also.

So really i don't see how we would get destroyed at all, with the way certain players are playing this team/formation would have more defensive strength and possibly more creativity.

With Gourcuff & Serginho in clear wide positions, when we don't have the ball they would drop back to help out the full-backs, something that happened very little against Roma. Plus with Kaka dropping back, it would make a wall of 5 across the midfield and be hard to break down.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 14:12   #20

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Ancelotti wont start Gourcuff. He would rather play Brocchi and Emerson before him. So we will see in this match. Ouch i forgot Sampdoria had Montella
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 14:59   #21

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
I would like to see this Formation but Seedorf playing more forward thn back... if these players are available....
Maldini showed good Performance at the LB considering he's 39 and coming off an injury...

i would also like to see Kalac instead of Dida

------------Dida-------------
Oddo--Nesta---Kalazde--Maldini
----Rino--Pirlo----Seedorf----
-----------Gourcuff--------
---------Gila--Kaka--------

as for Gila playing alone at attack its not really an option neither is a Gila-Pippo formation...

i would say Kaka- Gila and Gourcuff-Seedorf behind them with Gattuso "defending" the midfield and Pirlo going more forward
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 16:11   #22

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Ace, you must have been watching a different game to me.

I would disagree strongly with the notion that Maldini had a good performance at left-back. The Roma game was surely a clear indication that he just cannot perform in that position anymore.

Likewise Gattuso can't defend the whole midfield by himself as Seedorf & Pirlo will offer little to nothing in the way of support. Again this was clearly shown against Roma.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 16:46   #23

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
personally, i would like to see this formation:

--------------Dida-------------
-Oddo---Nesta--Maldini---Kaladze-
------Gattuso-----Emerson----
--Gourcuff---Kaka---Serginho--
-----------Gilardino-------------

If not Oddo, then Cafu.
That is an extremely good idea Jim, although I don't know if Serginho is ready to play from the start. Also Maldini will probably be tired so Bonera would be better off in his position. Serginho was indeed very dangerous for us and he and Gourcuff would be pouring crosses into the box all day long for Gilardino. More accurate ones than Cafu at least
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 17:20   #24

ForzaMilano821

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: Boston
ForzaMilano821 is on a distinguished road
why not the 4-1-3-2

------------Dida----------------
-Oddo--Nesta--Maldini--Kaladze-
----------Gattuso--------------
---Gourk---Kaka-----Seedorf---
-----Inzaghi----Gila------------

Im new to soccerology so if this is really bad and makes no sense then sorry. Since most of these smaller teams like to counter attack us out the ass, wouldn't having more people up top cut down on the backs coming up in support? that way when we loss the ball in the midfield we have more than just our center backs behind the ball.
ForzaMilano821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 17:20   #25

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
That is an extremely good idea Jim
thank you, your cheque is in the mail

Quote:
although I don't know if Serginho is ready to play from the start. Also Maldini will probably be tired so Bonera would be better off in his position
I replaced Maldini with Bonera in a later post You and Dev are both right about Serginho, though i would rather play him from the start and see if he can get to around the 60 minute mark. I personally would then replace him with the Aubameyang brother who played quite well for us out wide in the summer. I forget if that is Wily or Pierre.

I know Ancelotti wouldn't do this though, which is a shame.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 17:53   #26

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
It was Willy Aubameyang and I did think of him but Carlo specifically said that he would NOT use that formation in a league game(your guess as good as mine as to why not ). Personally I don't think we have anything more to lose. Our "best 11" can't get the job done, so why not try something different? Who knows it just may work.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 17:53   #27

goose

Registered User
 
goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Centreville, VA USA
goose is on a distinguished road
My idea, 4-2-1-2-1

Dida
Oddo-Nesta-Bonera-Kaladze
Gattuso-Emerson
Pirlo
Gourcuff-Serginho
Kaka

I know, it sounds crazy, but just an idea. Kaka up top, I know it sounds crazy, but he's a more capable finisher than we think. And he gives us the mobility, pace, and width that's desperately needed in attack. We need movement and space!
__________________
Grow up, lighten up, shut up.
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 19:25   #28

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I remember reading that Ronaldo was to return on the 31st of October vs Sampdoria. Guess not ha?
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 19:56   #29

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
The christmas tree formation has been a failure in serie A matches but flourished in Cl matches. If our wing backs failed to provide more surging run forward and quality crosses then tacticallly we failed to unlock our opponents defensive unit(as they defend in numbers). narrow attack though the middle won't work in serie A matches as most serie A team knows where our attacking threat came from. With serginho on the left flank and gourcuff on the right might be a tactical plot ancelotti would like to try.

we need something new or more option from our play.

Forza Milan!
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 21:32   #30

inomilan

Registered User
 
inomilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
Fave Players: THE WHOLE AC MILAN TEAM!!!
inomilan is on a distinguished road
i hope Ronaldo plays(unlikely)....
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA!

FORZA MILAN!!!
inomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:17.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.