AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 16:02   #16

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57

-Destroying Gila's career
I totally disagree with this statement: Gilardino has no guts to play on the San Siro stage. In few days time he will make 1 year anniversary not scoring in San Siro and Paloschi (17 y o) put his performances to shame. How is Carlo responsible for that ?
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 13:56   #17

HO-YOUNG

Registered User
 
HO-YOUNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
I totally disagree with this statement: Gilardino has no guts to play on the San Siro stage. In few days time he will make 1 year anniversary not scoring in San Siro and Paloschi (17 y o) put his performances to shame. How is Carlo responsible for that ?
I disagree also... that thing would make any coach look bad...
__________________
Massimo Tartaglia
HO-YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 17:42   #18

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Rumor has it that Ancelotti may be shown the door this summer because of Shevchenko. After Carlo's recent comments about saying how Sheva is a traitor and would not fit in our tactics anymore, which makes no sense at all seeing as how he fitted here for 7 years and was the world's best striker, I am starting to remember the argument that took place between Carlo and Sheva at the end of last season here. Does anyone remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_aZvbaBObg
That's a clip of it

Right after that argument we saw Sheva drive to Berlusconi's house that night to tell him he was going to Chelsea.. There were alot of rumors of an argument that took place between Carlo/Sheva but they were quick to dismiss it...but now that I come to think of it, maybe Carlo was indeed the reason Sheva left? maybe not the main reason, but one of the reasons..

Last edited by hitmannq8; 02-04-2008 at 17:49.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 17:50   #19

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
Rumor has it that Ancelotti may be shown the door this summer because of Shevchenko. After Carlo's recent comments about saying how Sheva is a traitor and would not fit in our tactics anymore, which makes no sense at all seeing as how he fitted here for 7 years and was the world's best striker, I am starting to remember the argument that took place between Carlo and Sheva at the end of last season here. Does anyone remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_aZvbaBObg
That's a clip of it

Right after that argument we saw Sheva drive to Berlusconi's house that night to tell him he was going to Chelsea.. There were alot of rumors of an argument that took place between Carlo/Sheva but they were quick to dismiss it...but now that I come to think of it, maybe Carlo was indeed the reason Sheva left? maybe not the main reason, but one of the reasons..
Carlo said Shevchenko is a traitor because Sheva left thinking that this group of players was finished. They took their revenge in Athens, showing him we could win even without him.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 18:53   #20

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Sheva IS A TRAITOR. Period.

I dont defend Carlo, I dislike him actually, very much. But Sheva is a traitor and if we bring him back we are pathetic.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 21:19   #21

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I disagree completely with what mrki said, except the part about sheva is a traitor. Because he is, literally.

I don't see the basis of your dislike (unless personal) against Carlo Ancelotti.

Nor do I see why we are pathetic if we bring him back.

***

Carlo shown the door because of his dispute with Shevchenko this summer? It's merely a rumor. The only place where I see Ancelotti moving is to the National team. I really think he is ready for WC2010 given that he has won 2CLs (big cups, like WC) and one serie A (not impressive but who else has more; surely not the cheating Merda coach?).

Anyway, mabe Ancelotti should go, but I wonder to what extent he is responsible for the failure we are facing.

If there is ALWAYS up and down in the team, then is it the coach's fault, or is it simply the cycle of a team like the cycle of a business?

Someone raised about Roma having to 'rebuild' and take like '2 / 3 years to do that'. Unfortunately, they have yet to develop to become a team that will win the CL, at least not this year. And if you are talking about Arsenal: how many years have they actually wait until this year (and now CL is also a question mark after Liverpool scored that critcial away goal today?)

Bottom line: Is it the coach, or is it a cycle?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:15   #22

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
surely not the coach Jeff

on the video.. it looks to be a normal arguement between 2 friends.. if they were 'fighting' then why they shook hands at the end ?
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:00   #23

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Ancelotti's position looks less stable than ever imo, as results simply aren't good enough. In addition, on tribal and calciomercato.com (can anyone provide a better source?), I read Berlu's most recent comments saying that we're apparently after a forward for next season that can fit Pato and Kaka and that he hopes that Carlo will still be on the bench.

If Carlo is made to leave because of the Sheva deal I'd be shocked, as he was right in his recent comments of Sheva.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:03   #24

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I think it is simply a cycle ... we were one of the best teams, if not the best, since 2002-2003 until 2005-2006 (almost last year 2006-2007, in Serie A, if all the teams weren't punished, we already would have finished 5th if I remember, but we won CL so we were good anyway lol).

I can't remember any team in Europe in the near past being so strong for that number of years ?

And when you really look at the cycles, between 1999 and 2002, we can say it was Real Madrid that was one of the best team, etc etc ...

What is amazing is we had 2 winning cycles in 15 years: start of 1990's, and the last few years ... so even if we don't win anything for the next 2-3 years (anyway it would be long lol), don't you think, all of you, we will be again the best then ? I do ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:53   #25

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Milan is still the best team until the CL Final and the CWC :d, so lets enjoy it as much as we can hehe :P
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:40   #26

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
I totally disagree with this statement: Gilardino has no guts to play on the San Siro stage. In few days time he will make 1 year anniversary not scoring in San Siro and Paloschi (17 y o) put his performances to shame. How is Carlo responsible for that ?
I think one of the reason why Vieiri & Inzaghi etc were dropped from the NT was Alberto Gilardino, so no questions about his talent. As for his poor form, well do you really think Gila would be the same if AC Milan plays with a genuine 4 -4- 2 (diamond midfield)? In his first season he scored 17 league goals because he played in that formation. Some strikers can play alone upfront & some can't can't & Gila needs some one like Pato to play along side him. Let them play for 10 matches continuously & they would make a perfect partnership. I don't expect Gila to score 20 goals in a 4-3-2-1 formation, its just like expecting Pirlo to do his magic without the help of Gattuso
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:26   #27

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Dude, we must be watching a totally different team. It's been like forever since the last time we play 4-4-2. Gila can play as a lone striker. In fact he caught many attention while palying the target man at Parma. Anyway, I'll stop here since this thread is about Carletto.

About his recent comment, I have nothing to disagree with. I believe he will still be our coach next year. Let's hope that the board sign the players that he wants
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 18:33   #28

Astafjevs

Registered User
 
Astafjevs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Astafjevs is on a distinguished road
Ancelotti is not to blame for any of what is going on as far as I'm concerned. If we get rid of him, we'd be stupid. Wenger is just about to (more than likely) go a 3rd straight season without a trophy - will he be sacked? No.

Alex Ferguson ended the season without a trophy in 2005. Was he sacked? No. What has happened to Utd since that season? They have won a trophy every bloody year. Carling Cup 2006, Premiership 2007 (unlucky not to win the FA Cup too), a possible Premiership/CL double in 2008. This run of trophies has coincided with the backing of the board after 2005, and the subsequent rebuilding of the team.

This is what must happen with Milan. Ancelotti must stay. He then must be given funds to buy the players HE wants, not the players Berlusconi or Galliani want to see - in other words no Shevchenko. I'm fairly sure Carletto knows the squad needs young players preferably under the age of 25.
Astafjevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 20:51   #29

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Bad example comparing us to Arsenal and Man Utd. They are both teams who have had their coaches for a long time. Milan is a team that has traditionally had cycles, no matter how good they were - they have to come to an end. Also Arsenal and Man Utd have never achieved in their history what Carlo has achieved in 5 years - 3 UCL finals. Milan is a team in need of immediate success, they cannot afford to go through a rebuilding phase. The rebuilding phase was supposed to happen this year, or even last year but instead Galliani forced us to finish the campaign with a very mediocre squad. If any heads need to be chopped, it is Galliani's.

I am a huge fan of Carlo but I think it is time for someone new, admittedly we will never find anyone as good as Carlo again but a change has to happen. The team needs a major shake, they need to awaken. I believe there is no better way to do that than to bring in a new coach..
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:50   #30

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
nope, i believe Carlo has to stay until after WC 2010

and then we bring someone new...

new coach + new players = total Chaos
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:18.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.