AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2008, 14:00   #16

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
What an embarrassment You guys call yourselves Milanistas? I'm guessing that PRIDE was never a requirement to join your ranks So much ofr us getting a GREAT STRIKER to excite the fans and give us a sense of hope for the FUTURE. Since it's the year of washed up has beens might I suggest Stam and Costacurta at CB and Bierhoff to the primevera? This transfer was disgracefully disrespectful to the passionate milanista. I think I take AC Milan too seriously when it's obviously a joke.
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:02   #17

Arjun

Registered User
 
Arjun's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini...the last of the "Bandieri"
Arjun is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't give a rats a$$ for any negative comments (even thought I'm expecting them to come).....yes my heart was torn when he left...but he has suffered for his move as well...suffered with us for 2 years.

WELCOME HOME SHEVA.....and as someone on this thread pointed out....time to hang that jersey back in it's correct place next to the likes of Maldini, Boban, Van Basten

What a great Saturday!!!!!!
Arjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:06   #18

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
People are actually happy we signed Sheva...? There's a risk to every transfer but I don't think Sheva has even HINTED at returning to form...I believe he was already dropping in form in his last year here so I don't see why at 32 he'll be any better. I hope he proves me wrong but....
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:09   #19

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
What an embarrassment You guys call yourselves Milanistas? I'm guessing that PRIDE was never a requirement to join your ranks So much ofr us getting a GREAT STRIKER to excite the fans and give us a sense of hope for the FUTURE. Since it's the year of washed up has beens might I suggest Stam and Costacurta at CB and Bierhoff to the primevera? This transfer was disgracefully disrespectful to the passionate milanista. I think I take AC Milan too seriously when it's obviously a joke.
wow, i didn't expect this sorta comment from you...
first of all a striker wasn't on our agenda in august AT ALL,
second, i am 100% ****ing confident he will leave his mark next season
and i am so confident about this that i will copy your post and make you eat your words when it happens upon serie a launching! get ready
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:09   #20

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
Milan have always been like a family and loyalty seems to be very highly valued by Berlusconi / Galliani - which is why we have Ba in our lineup, Leonardo, Tassoti etc in Milan's staff. I am sure even the ball boy once spit-shined Berlusconi's shoes 3 years ago, and I hear he will be offered a contract soon (jk).

However, to call Shevchenko a "has-been" is a bit unfair. He hasn't been given a chance with Mourinho and with a squad like Chelsea's already rich with established strikers, it was always going to difficult for him to break in. It would be like having Drogba come to Milan when Sheva - Inzaghi were in full flight. Drogba would have hardly found room at the club.

I look forward to seeing the Ronaldinho - Sheva chemistry - soccer fans worldwide should rejoice
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:13   #21

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I wake up, I check the news and first thing I see is MILAN OFFICIALLY SIGN SHEVA. I was shouting like crazy and i went and hugged my brother and every one in site, I was doing cartwheels, I WENT CRAZY.

I am so happy Sheva is back. Welcome home Sheva, I was never, NEVER convinced with Boriello. But what the hell are we gonna do when all these strikers are fit lol?? It's like taking a kid to the candy store! They have to play around the formation now with so many great players. I think the 4-2-3-1 might work, with Ka-pa-ro and Sheva/Pippo up front.

and again - I AM EXTREMELY happy. Fantastic news. As someone said earlier, we finally found our replacement for Shevchenko

However, it certainly has been a while since Milan has had an abundance of options. I fear that Kaka's injury and all these 100m offers might push them into doing something not any of us will like.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:20   #22

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
Milan has an oversized squad and they will have to shrink it before they submit the official team to UEFA. I am pretty sure the Uruguyans will be loaned out, along with Borriello and Paloschi.

However, best signing of the year = Flamini. Shevchenko and Ronaldinho? Excellent jersey salesmen

Here's a question to Galliani - where are you going to find the $$ to buy a defender and pay his salary?

Second question: When are we going to invest in a quality man between the posts?
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:21   #23

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
this is for you hitmann,
great minds think alike
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:44   #24

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I am not against Sheva's coming but I am really surprised how the fans here are so happy! He is 32 years old (even I think he could play role like Inzaghi IF he puts his will in to his performance). We are not signing super striker! This really surprises me!

Btw welcome back Sheva. Thanks for giving Milan 35 mil pounds.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 14:45   #25

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
NON E UN BRASILANO PERo CHE GOAL CHE FA IL FENOMENO LASCIALO LA QUI C'E SHEVAA!!! SHEVAAAAAAAA!! LALALALALAAALAA!!!
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 15:01   #26

Edmando

Registered User
 
Edmando's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Oak-town, Baby!
Edmando is on a distinguished road
I was against the decision to sign Sheva back... but considering Borriello is out, Pato was playing in Olympics, Kaka is injured till God knows when, and Inzaghi is reaching the end of the career, now signing Sheva back makes sense. Regardless how bad he played in EPL, he should lose all of his skills. So, that makes him a bench role player. I do not see him to be the Sheva back in the day, but I can see him to be the person filling Pippo's position.

I don't know how much he will be making, but I think he should not cost that much, no way near what he was making in Chelsea. I think Milan might be able to afford to pay another defender's wages, but I sorta doubt if they are willing to make a purchase/loan in this case without having Berlusconi taking out his wallet.

As for Paloschi, I think he should stay in the first half of the season. This is a pre-cautious move because given that all the injured players take time to recover, i think having him around will give us more flexibility. As for the oversize squad issue, I think we have to offload either Brochi or Emerson. Flamini, Gattuso, Ambro, Brochi, and Emerson in the same squad - now we are talking what is ridiculous. They might have different level of skills and qualities, but they are playing similar position.
Edmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 15:10   #27

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Now we can loan or sell half of Boriello, ih wait.... we did that already Boriello can forget about playing now between Pato, Sheva, Pippo and 3 world class AM's. Its good we payed only 9mln for that player

We have too mayn palyers, some must go on loan: Cardaccio, Viudez, Paloschi.

As far as Sheva ( the traitor ) goes, Curva will not let him slide, unless a miracle in Curva Sud happens. We'll see aguess. As far as Im concerned this in an embarassment for Milan and Milan fans!

Next year we will need to let go of 5,6,7 players again ( Favalli, Maldini, Brocchi, Emerson, Pippo, Oddo, Dida ) if we are to remain fast and competitive.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 15:22   #28

rosoneri_11

Registered User
 
rosoneri_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: I'm behind you!
Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post

Next year we will need to let go of 5,6,7 players again ( Favalli, Maldini, Brocchi, Emerson, Pippo, Oddo, Dida ) if we are to remain fast and competitive.

Well i was thinking here and about 2-3 years that for those players the every year was the last for them except from oddo. I don't trust our managment anymore, i think some of those players will be playing for us and next year.
Wich is not a good thing if we want to win something expect of coppa italia.
rosoneri_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 15:24   #29

Diavolo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Fave Players: Rivera, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten
Diavolo is on a distinguished road
A considerable amount of Chelsea fans rate the whole Sheva affair as a disgrace to their club.

http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38573

Forza Milan
__________________
I hate the Gang of Honestsi
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 15:32   #30

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
As far as Sheva ( the traitor ) goes, Curva will not let him slide, unless a miracle in Curva Sud happens. We'll see aguess. As far as Im concerned this in an embarrassment for Milan and Milan fans!

Wait till he scores a couple of goals and curva will forgive him everything...

Almost all of us here, at least at one point, questioned boriello's qualities and having sheva in the squad will certainly help us.

Pato needs a real role model and a mentor and, lets face it, pippo isn't that kind of player and boriello isn't that good.

Sheva+Pato combo will provide enough experience and flair to score bunch of goals with the magical trident providing the chances.

Finally we have 4 quality attackers, paloschi and viudez can be loaned to learn and come back in a year or two when we lose pippo and sheva.
El Fre is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:08.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.