![]() |
|
|
#16 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Where are all these people bashing our management every day ... now that our management seems to do what we were all hoping they would do at least on the next summer mercato !!
Seems = they have bought a RB, it looks like they will try to buy Agger so a CD, and it looks like they finally try to force Roma, our friends lol, to sell Mexes, another CD ... PS: Thiago Silva, Agger, Mexes, Nesta, Kaladze ... some people will be unhappy if they all arrive !! ^^ |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
I think, many fans are happy with Mattioni's transfer (if the transfer is true) because FINALLY the management do something normal : not hollywood star (Beckham), retiring, unfit and unneeded players (Emerson, Ronaldinho, Sheva, Senderos) or unknown players (Viudez, Grimi, etc.)
It's something like that you never see snow and finally see it. You will be so surprised and happy but not for people who always see snow every year for example. This is the stage how Milan fans think IMO. Management ONLY bring Mattioni and so many fans are happy (including me). BIG LOL. The board did good job IF : 1. Mattioni is really a VERY talented player (he can play soon and doesn't need to wait for so long just to be able to play with the team) or 2. Mattioni is a talented player and the board intend to rejuvenate the team (the purpose of the transfer is not to fill the needs of Milan right away) If not then IMO the board did the mistakes they already often did : bring players that Milan don't need (yet). Until I see the right motivation and action the management have like some years ago, I am still against the management. |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: Vienna
![]() |
Quote:
anyway this all takes nothing away from the earlier criticism, which is still valid. when the management acts now it is more of a confession of guilt than anything. this neccessary transformation should have started at least after our last cl victory, better a year before. by the way, there is no way mexes will leave roma in the forseeable future. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Mexes has an option at 16M ... so Milan can use that option if Roma really doesn't want to let Mexes going !!
Last reports say that we would be ready to pay 20M (which is quiet stupid I think in a sense, but also smart if we are really "friends" with Roma and want to keep good rapports with them). About the sentence you mentionned, it wasn't for Mattioni, but more for all the work that, again, SEEMS to be done nowadays: CDs, a RB, maybe a LB soon, who knows right now ? Sincerely, renewing the team should have been done some years ago, yes, but they waited to fail last season to think about it, and it's what they did: started with Pato in January, then Zambrotta, Flamini, Borriello, Antonini, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko (he shouldn't appear in that list, nor Zambrotta) and the loan of Senderos this summer, while at the same time they sold Gilardino (shouldn't appear in that list too), Brocchi, loaned Oddo and Gourcuff (idem, shouldn't appear in that list). It's a lot ... and it's a good start, even if replacing Gila by Sheva was probably a mistake and loaning Gourcuff too (not the loan, but the option put with the loan contract). What seemed logical was to reinforce our defense for the next season: Thiago Silva was the first step. But injuries force our management to try to bring new players right now (Mattioni, Agger ?), whereas without them, I think they would have waited this summer ... so it's a good thing. PS: I don't think that Kaka' will be sold, but if it's the case, so all this post will be wrong ... and I will be the number one basher of our management that I've always supported, but also will be very disapointed by Kaka', a bit for the reasons that someone (jvig) said just before this post on the Winter Mercato topic !! Last edited by GeoTav; 15-01-2009 at 10:12. |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: Vienna
![]() |
to me it seems that mexes is a real romanista and has absolutely no intention of leaving. i'm sure he has many clubs following him but he seems reluctant to leave roma. any club can only respect that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
Im really glad that Milan signed a young player, and its a fullback. But I havent seen him play so I cant say much. Only thing is that Man Utd and Juve also wanted him so he must be a very talented boy.
If the next step is Agger as some say Braida is in talks to him we have finnaly done a GREAT deal for our defence. But I cant be happy whilel I see news about Ricky leaving...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
It's not what is said in France ... for French medias, Mexes is destinated to go to Milan later or sooner.
Some people said the same kind of things that you just said about him when he was in Auxerre, he said that he didn't want to leave, etc, but when a real offer from Roma arrived on the table, he suddenly left (there even were a problem with that offer, Auxerre wanted to bring back Mexes etc). |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: Vienna
![]() |
Quote:
ah, i just saw that you are french. i assume you know mexes better than me, i hope you are right. i would like to see him with us. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Quote:
I just know what happened before he came to Roma, and I don't know why I remember that !! lol |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
I will wait before I say I'm really happy. This smells like a Grimi, Cardacio and Viudez type deal at the moment.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
No, Grimi was a **** player even then. Mattioni is a well known young starlet in Brasil. Juve, Ajax and United wanted to buy him.
Young, fast, attacking - he wont play at all ![]()
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
![]() |
great transfer!! now I hope ancelotti uses him!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Administrator
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
![]() I think we will have to wait and see, sure looks like the type of player we need, praise for management will come, after all we are all fans ![]()
__________________
aka rezag |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
Quote:
If we got Agger & Mexes, there would be no need to keep Kaladze. As for Mattioni, lets stay calm and wait and see how he plays. We might be lucky and have found another Alves or we might have found another Balletti!
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Hum mixed emotions.
Obviously we all hope for a new Kaka/ Pato type discovery here. Also happy at the fact that we have rightly decided the defence needs improving. But I am also reluctant to join any celebrations as I know nothing of him. I am worried that a teenage defender is never going to get the patience that Carlo will need to show, especially considering the amount of attacking players he is already forced to play. Overall though, must be a good thing.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|