AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-2009, 12:09   #16

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
In addition to work mrki just posted, here's from the official site:

Quote:
MILAN - Ahead of Milan-Torino here are the declarations of Carlo Ancelotti from today's press conference at Milanello:

'It's an important moment of the season, each moment has its own difficulties and importance, tomorrow against Torino as well. We will find a closed down team, but Milan are going through a good moment. I'm not satisfied with the way we're playing, but we are looking for solutions to play better. Will we use the same formation as against Chievo? We will certainly use a diamond formation again in midfield. Torino are a very careful team. They are going through a delicate moment and they are coming here to get points. They will play with attention and application. They have refound these qualities and we'll have to be careful. Tomorrow's doubts are for Maldini but we have Darmian available so he could play.
Abate has grown a lot, he could be in our squad, his only problem is that Milan usually don't play with wide players.
In midfield we will have many choices, Beckham has gotten over a problem to his shoulder which bothered him during training. In front we will have Inzaghi or Ronaldinho.
Ronaldinho is doing well, he's working with good rhythm which he showed against Lecce. He was very motivated when he came on and he wanted to give an important contribution to the team, which he wants to do now too.
Tomorrow I'll have the chance to meet Dunga. I'm happy because he used to be an opponent and perhaps we can reestablish a direct relationship instead of through the papers.'

'I don't think I will support Inter tonight, but I will have the pleasure of seeing a great match. This week we saw some very good games in the Champions League, let's hope Italian football can offer the same spectacle.'

'The statistics do not always reflect the reality of things. Milan's defence has managed to maintain solidity and reliability, through important performances of certain players, it's not a coincidence that we conceded just one goal in the last three games. Sometimes we didn't develop the play with enough sharpness. We are trying to recover Kaká to make us play faster. Lately his performances haven't been great, let's hope tomorrow he can give an important contribution against Torino. Ricky was out injured for two months and he didn't have the chance to train well. Considering his characteristics he was certainly penalised.
Milan's cycle will end when the property changes, but the squad will be renewed as happens every year, and I don't think it's over. Kaká is a very good observer because Gerrard could be useful to our group. It's not necessary to open a new cycle, we just need the right reinforcements to keep this team competitive.
Borriello can score 20 goals and I think he could score them next year, Marco has been out for a year, but Milan are counting on him for next year. I have the right motivation for next season.
The players don't ask me whether I'll stay, the situation is clear with them, I read Maldini's interview. Every day he asks me what I'll do and I ask him what he will do next year. There isn't any news and there won't be. There is clearness between me and the players, the objective is to finish the season well and get back into the Champions League next year. It's true that I'm taking English lessons, but that's because it's useful for travelling the world not just for coaching.'

'I think Seedorf is an important player who has highs and lows. Quality players aren't always able to express themselves, but Clarence has always been important at delicate times for Milan. Seedorf plays a lot not just for technical reasons, but also because of his personality.'

'The eve of the match against Real Madrid of twenty years ago is a memory that is still alive, it was an important eve. It's nice to be here twenty years later, it's an important eve and tomorrow we hope to do well. Each game has its history, as does every season.'

'For me the derby is the most strongly felt game, even though it depends on the situation of the teams in the standings, it's always an exciting match.'

LOL at Seedorf playing for his personality, LOL twice at us not usually playing wide players than buying Beckham and sticking him at RW and LOL three times at the chance of Darmian playing CB when he never played CB in a serious match for Milan before. But I guess it's Torino so it shouldn't be too bad...better late than never.


EDIT: Called up players.
Quote:
MILAN-TORINO: I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI
18/04/2009
MILANELLO - Questi i 18 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per domani:
Dida, Kalac, Darmian, Favalli, Maldini, Mattioni, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Kakŕ, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.
Giocatori indisponibili: Abbiati, Antonini, Bonera, Kaladze, Nesta, Gattuso, Borriello.
Giocatori non convocati: Emerson, Jankulovski (squalificato).

Last edited by Mystik; 18-04-2009 at 12:14.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 13:07   #17

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Is Mattioni going to be the new Grimi?
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 13:49   #18

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
^^ I called it when we just signed him...another Griimi signing so that they can say they're rejuvenating the team. Yea rejuvenating with players who can hardly make the bench much less break into the starting 11.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 14:03   #19

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
These are all fair criticisms: But the question is whether they have bought the right players; I fancy that not all purchases are right, that Man U also bought a ton of players who turns out to be useless (I remember there is a Chinese forward, Tung, who fails miserably at Old Trafford).

The question is whether we really expect all new purchases to be great signing, and I think the answer is quite a possibly no.

We hit one or twice in a while, like Kaka`, Pato` etc; and hopefully Thiago. But we make lots of wrong purchases too, like Grimi.

And if the (new young) player is simply not good enough to play and is judged not likely to be as good even given the playing time, why should they get to play?

LIke if Milan bought ME to play for them, yet I obviously suck as a footballer, does it make sense for Milan to let ME play so that I can develop? That's my argument.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 14:34   #20

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
LOL at Seedorf playing for his personality.
Heh. I think someone on Milanfan said it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanfan.com
"I think Seedorf is an important player who has highs and lows. Quality players aren't always able to express themselves, but Clarence has always been important at delicate times for Milan. Seedorf plays a lot not just for technical reasons, but also because of his personality."

Translation: Seedorf is an important player who had highs and is now laying low. Quality players aren't always able to express themselves but Clarence has given a new meaning to this by not even making an effort. Seedorf plays a lot not just because technically I never change the system but also because he's my buddy.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 14:39   #21

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Jeff that's precisely the point. He was just a signing made to calm us fans. I never said Mattioni HAS to play. He barley featured back when he was in Brazil, I was not expecting miracles. It's when they say "we have rejuvenated the team, and lowered the average age of the squad, with signings like Antonini, Cardacio, Viudez and Mattioni", all of which can't get a run in the team, they must think we are fools.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 14:51   #22

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
That I agree; it's about corporate impression management; This is actually interesting - the effect of corporate impression mangaement may actually backfire if the content of the Impression management doesn't make sense. Interesting idea.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 14:59   #23

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Inter leading 1-0, frm a counter-attack in which a Juve palyer is thought to be fouled but nothing happened. I have missed feeling about it.

The good thing is: If Juve lost + Milan win, all of a sudden Milan is in 2nd place.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 15:07   #24

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Straight red for Tiago after tackling Balotelli during some showboating. It'd be hilarious if we could manage to be second after tomorrow.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 15:30   #25

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
It drew; which is also good for Milan!

Now Milan MUST win. If Milan win, are we going to be second?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 15:53   #26

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Genoa lost, so this can turn in to a great round for us. We really need to make a gap to Genoa before we enter the final four rounds, considering we have to play Juventus, Roma and Fiorentina.

I'm fairly certain that we wont be second if we win no matter by how much, because Juventus beat us earlier the season.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 16:34   #27

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Update after the games of today:

1st - Inter (74 points) +1
2nd - Juventus (64 points) +1
3rd - Milan (61 points)
4th - Genoa (57 points) +1
5th - Fiorentina (55 points)
6th - Roma (49 points)
7th - Lazio (47 points) +1
8th - Palermo (46 points)
9th - Cagliari (45 points)

18/04/09
Genoa 0-1 Lazio
Juventus 1-1 Inter

19/04/09 - 15:00
Palermo (8th) - Bologna (18th)
Udinese (13th) - Fiorentina (5th)
Roma (6th) - Lecce (19th)
Cagliari (9th) - Napoli (12th)

19/04/09 - 20:30
Milan (3rd) - Torino (17th)
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 17:24   #28

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
But at least the third spot will solidify. I"M definiteyl OK with that!
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 03:14   #29

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
LOL three times at the chance of Darmian playing CB when he never played CB in a serious match for Milan before.
I don't think Darmian will play CB if he plays. I'm pretty certain the defence will be:

Darmian---Senderos---Favalli----Zambro
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 03:27   #30

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm fairly certain that we wont be second if we win no matter by how much, because Juventus beat us earlier the season.
right. head to head results is what counts when 2 team are level on points.
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:30.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.