AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-2009, 10:22   #16

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The way I look at it, Gattuso and Pirlo will start if they are healthy. Seedorf will also start, whether you like to believe that or not, as I still don't see Leo going to bench him unless to give him rest.
And Leo knows that Flamini is effective but he is also a great option as FB. Actually, I rate Flamini as the 2 nd best FB in Milan right now, as he really covers a lot of ground.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 10:34   #17

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
The way I look at it, Gattuso and Pirlo will start if they are healthy. Seedorf will also start, whether you like to believe that or not, as I still don't see Leo going to bench him unless to give him rest.
And Leo knows that Flamini is effective but he is also a great option as FB. Actually, I rate Flamini as the 2 nd best FB in Milan right now, as he really covers a lot of ground.
where do you get that Seedorf is going to start? Carlo isnt the coach anymore. Flamini has stated he doesnt want to play FB, and he shouldnt have to as he is our best mid. I would try Ambro at LB
pirlofanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 10:50   #18

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Trust me, if it is up to me, I would kick Seedorf out of Milan.

Just a feeling that Seedorf will start most often than not.
Yes, I know that Flamini is the most complete midfield in Milan and he should start but like I said, when Oddo, Antonini and Janku all failed at FB, Flamini will be playing as RB as there will not be anyone else.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 10:55   #19

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
i would try albertazzi at that point
pirlofanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:08   #20

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Dude, my original post stated that
1. Give Albertazzi chances
2. Antonini and Janku are actually better than any LB that is being link with Milan except of Cissohko
3. WHen all players failed or injured, Flamini can more than fill in as FB
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:46   #21

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, Albertazzi should be given a chance. a team without too much money must be creative and inserting youth players is very important! and one of our main problems is the fullback position and one of our bigget youth talents ironically is a fullback so why the hell arent we using him??
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 15:02   #22

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
I play Left Back , Im young Im fast I love Milan and Silvio il play for 100,000 per season and I know lots of young ladies sign me up silvio.
Jay Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 13:29   #23

takeshisteve

Registered User
 
takeshisteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: Sheva, Maldini, Boban, Weah
takeshisteve is on a distinguished road
new lb

i must say i got excited a few weeks ago, when i heard Braida was in Brazil, checking out Juan Maldonado from Flamengo & Hernanes......from what i've seen of Maldonado, i was really impressed......he's fast...attacking....good crosser & passer of the ball....and looks lethal on the counter (he always joins the attack).....perfect for Leonardo's "Brazilian" 4-3-3.......& most importantly holds an eu passport......so no worries about the last non-eu slot....hopefully, a transfer for hernanes is on the cards...especially since Pirlo seems on his way to chelski.....it's time he moved on.....we've become so predictable with him playing in that deep role.....and when he loses the ball....he cant tackle for ****...god knows, how many times....we conceded last season with Pirlo losing the ball there...but anyway..that's for another thread, no doubt...
takeshisteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 18:06   #24

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I'm new here, I'm from Bosnia and I've been watching Milan since their great triumph against Barcelona in Athens 1994.

Well, after some introduction, here comes "Reply to thread".

Unfortunately, Cissokho is lost for good. It was all about the money. It's a real shame because he's fantastic left back at the age of 21 and (more important) Leonardo could play Seedorf instead Ambrosini, with Cissokho covering him.

I really think that we are lacking creative options without Seedorf in the team. Those of you who witnessed our performance against Chelsea will realize what I'm talking about. Simply, Pirlo is really too deep and, without Seedorf, Ronaldinho is all by himself in attacking third and that's not good.

So, I think Leonardo should choose a left back who could prove a cover for Seedorf defensively, which automatically excludes Jankulovski. He's average positionally, he's awful in the air, he's communication isn't good... And remember that if we gonna play offsides (and we will), communication in defense is really important. Cissokho really was the man for the job.

I know that we cannot afford good left back, so what we really need is a player who's RELIABLE. Just think that we won the Scudetto with Pancaro as a LB. And that even worked great!

Now, from other full-back options, there's Oddo, who can play on the right only, but the real problem is that he's just the other Jankulovski, just slower. Then, there's Flamini, who cannot cross the ball properly even on his best day and he has only one good leg. I don't even need to mention that we will lose a cover-player in our already bad covered midfield if Flamini plays as a side back. So we're stuck with Antonini. Well, I agree with some of you that Antonini isn't Milan material, but he's reliable full-back, who can join attacks and make width in the midfield. He's better than Jankulovski and Oddo in all aspects that are important defensively, he's pretty quick, good in the air, he can communicate and he's really good tackler. Furthermore, he can come forward with the ball, and he's pretty good passer too. AND, he can play on both sides and is two-footed.

Play him on the right with Zambrotta on the left and we can have Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf midfield. With Leonardo, Seedorf will not play that loosely and he actually CAN produce a lot of defensive work.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 18:09   #25

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Why a LB ?
We could take a RB and play Zambrotta as a LB if there are better RBs available than LBs ...
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:10   #26

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Why a LB ?
We could take a RB and play Zambrotta as a LB if there are better RBs available than LBs ...
Zambrotta didn't play well at LB last seaosn, and I know he used to be there a long time ago.....

As for Antonini, he needs to play games where he can defend and attakc well at the same time. At the moment, he is only doing these one at a time and needs to out them together to improve his game. For me though, janko hasn't defended well in a long time!
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 07:34   #27

Maevious

Registered User
 
Maevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: NYC
Fave Players: Giovanni & Marco Van Basten
Maevious is an unknown quantity at this point
Cissokho was amazing at Lyon's 5-1 win against Anderlecht

I don't know if he is worth the money Porto wanted, but he looked unstoppable for 90 minutes...
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
FORZA OLYMPIAKOS!
Maevious is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.