AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2007, 13:42   #316

IvanGattuso

Registered User
 
IvanGattuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Glasgow
Fave Players: Rino, Van Basten, Maldini, Baresi, Kaka, Nesta
IvanGattuso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pireloke
Atalanta are not left wing but neutral imo, There's Livorno but a smaller team has full left wing ultras also : Ternana with the Ultra Group "Red Boys" their symbol is the hammer and siccle (spelling?) of the former Soviet Union in a red star.

Vicenza and Perugia have several ultra groups both right wing and left wing, if there are not enough away supporters they fight amongst themselves lol.

I'm sure that in the C2 and D divisions there's also smaller ultra groups that are left wing but they are not very known because they're small.

But in Italy I would say the vast majority of political inspired Ultra Groups are right wing to extreme right wing. Some are not political inspired and I think that's better because politics and sports should not be mixed imho.
Yes, I totally agree.
IvanGattuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 13:48   #317

Pireloke

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Pireloke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by killiegradge
In Milan they do try to keep politics out of the curva.BRN certainly say they are non political.
BRN isn't politically inspired I think, at least not organised as such, as there are very different people in it. The Brigate Skull is inspired or looks very similar to the Waffen SS skull that army part wore on the right side of their uniform collar. I find it prettier than a standard "pirate" skull myself but people who have some historical knowledge could interpret that symbol as a fascist one...

If you go amongst the Lazio Ultras for example they often look like clones of each other and easy to spot (Celtic crosses flags and tattoos , very short haircuts, bomber jackets, Doc Martens shoes, Londsdale sweaters ect ect...), in Milan there is no "uniform"
Roma and Lazio are also often seen as nazi or fascist by the outside world as they often bring the "Roman salute" which the nazis copied in 1933. Even Paolo Di Canio was photographed several times like that when he left the field of play and heavily fined for it, during his last year at Lazio he even risked a ban for continuing doing that. But as I said that salute was invented not by the nazis but by the Romans in the days of the Roman Empire (the Hail Ceasar thing). The Nazis didn't only copy the salute from the Romans but also the Roman Eagle was used as a symbol (with the swastika below it) and their manifestations at for example Nürnberg were directly copied from the parades of the Roman cohorts

Lol, I can't believe I wrote a history lesson here, if anyone is still alive and didn't fall asleep bored I salute you (with a regular one, not the roman thingie LOL)

Last edited by Pireloke; 28-04-2007 at 13:51.
Pireloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 13:52   #318

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by killiegradge
They are really only available inside the Curva or at the Reunion meetings held on Thursday evenings.They didnt have much on sale last weekend at the Curva I think mainly as the seon is drawing to a close.You could also try e-mailing them via the website.We have BRN Scozia hats available if your interested?Beanie hats only but they are the dogs!
Thnx for the info....yea i emailed them but all of the stuff on the BRN website is nice but iam looking for a flag....i do have a BRN scarf tho.. ...actually a flag from any of the Ultras would work..
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 14:03   #319

killiegradge

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Scotland
Fave Players: Cafu
killiegradge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by remote2book
Thnx for the info....yea i emailed them but all of the stuff on the BRN website is nice but iam looking for a flag....i do have a BRN scarf tho.. ...actually a flag from any of the Ultras would work..
In many ways there would be little point in getting a BRN flag if you intend to take it to a match as the skull is not presently allowed on any display inside thestadium.
You could try e-mailing the alternativa as they seem to encourage e-mails regading gear

http://www.alternativarossonera.it/
killiegradge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 03:47   #320

Pireloke

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Pireloke is on a distinguished road
Speaking of the BRN, there is some guy that I've seen every time on the road in Europe when Milan plays CL and he has a white banner with "BRN ROMA" written on it in orange, does BRN have a Roman branch ?

It's a pity I can never get tickets to actualy join the Milan fans in the away matches as I don't have Italian nationality and the tickets for the blocks you sit/stand in are reserved for AC Milan directly (and they are sold only in Italy) so I have to join the "neutral" block which is usualy packed with home supporters, lol.

I never wear a scarf or shirt for that reason, but I twice almost ran into trouble, first time was when I forgot where I was and jumped up when Kaka scored a goal and then in Germany I was sitting amongst a full block of Germans (in Schalke, Gelsenkirchen) and suddenly my cellphone rang and it has the Milan hymn in mp3 as a ringtone lol!!!!! I never closed the phone so rapidly before, new world record
Pireloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 06:26   #321

killiegradge

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Scotland
Fave Players: Cafu
killiegradge is on a distinguished road
Im sure there are branches of the Brigate allover Italy.One of the most prominent banners seems to be the Torino branch.
i couldnt sit with the opposition fans-id gert done in!
killiegradge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 07:58   #322

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by killiegradge
Im sure there are branches of the Brigate allover Italy.One of the most prominent banners seems to be the Torino branch.
i couldnt sit with the opposition fans-id gert done in!
I know the guys from Brigate Torino because many of them usually come to Torino Milan Club. I went a few seasons back with them with the club, and there are a few who always go away and abroad.

Anyway BRN are politically oriented, they are definitely rightwing.
Ultras movement in general is basically rightwing, with a gerarchical structure and paramilitary organisation.
But i think they have been asked to keep politics away from the stadium as a sort of swap between the society and the groups.
In facts a clean national and international image means many positive effects on the club itself: from tv rights to sponsorships, a clean image means moneys.
Berlusconi himself is a politician and he has all the interest his club's fans behave and don't cause national or international scandal.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 16:54   #323

killiegradge

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Scotland
Fave Players: Cafu
killiegradge is on a distinguished road
Gio

You going to Athens?Which Ultras group are you travelling with?Any Ultras group will be brill but of course the BRN are class!even better is the BRN Scozia branch!
killiegradge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 17:02   #324

killiegradge

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Scotland
Fave Players: Cafu
killiegradge is on a distinguished road
After the events of last season and more recent events involving prominent ultras I ask the question "Do the Ultras still have a prominent part to play in Calcio with Milan?"

Last edited by killiegradge; 09-07-2007 at 17:10.
killiegradge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:43   #325

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Killie: i was planning to go to Athens, but as far as i'm student my budget is always very short.
I found a few chances to go there for 650 E (the cheapest i could find) and had already a ticket reserved, but i had to quit the idea.

Anyway, coming back on topic I think that Ultras have found out they can massively influence a club image and even his life: if the Ultras groups decide to cause a ban (like the Inter ones throwing flares) in some ways they have a power to threat the clubs.
I think it's unfair: the legal and sportive system can't allow this. The strict liability is a joke. I mean, why the clubs must pay if the events are TOTALLY out of their control?

Some naive people can reply that clubs are responsible for whatever happens inside a stadium. It's impossible. Inside a Curva, an End and especially inside italian stadiums even police wouldn't dare to come down there and rule the thugs. Let alone club's stewards. They would be spanked like schoolboys.

We can say there are two sides of Ultras movement: the romantic one, including the coreographies, the songs, the travels, the stories, the rivalries; there is also a real side, much less romantic and inviting, made of fights, threats, moneys, power.

I've warmly welcomed the idea to recognise new groups abroad. It can bring a fresh breeze to the whole movement.
The rivalries inside Italian ends are hitting the highest level since a few years. An example? The Juve stand have been taken by storm by a man alone. The chief of Drughi group came out of jail and literally singlehandedly made a whole group (Fighters) move away. Probably there were old grudges about the time he got imprisoned: probably Fighters occupied Drughi's place and he hit them back once he was freed.
I've met a few people inside bars that can't go in Juve's end anymore.

Ps. as far as the major groups inside Milan's Curva are two they are going to fight and challenge for supremacy again. Maybe not now, but in years to come. Why?

In the constitutional doctrine and theory, Number 2 is the number of conflict. The two groups see each other as enemies, and compete for the supremacy.
Number 3 is the number of balance: if the three groups are all enough strong, they will balance each other.
I think the solution to end the conflict would be to have 3 big groups. That would mean to have a democracy in our Curva.
Now we have, instead, a dictature. Probably it suits better the gerarchical system of Ultras movement.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Last edited by Giovanni; 10-07-2007 at 02:51.
Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 05:13   #326

killiegradge

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Scotland
Fave Players: Cafu
killiegradge is on a distinguished road
Interesting Gio
yes there is certainly a battle between BRN and Guerreri.I do notice even just this season the Geurreri becoming more prominent as the season progressed.Of course there are other groups but none have the power and influence of the big two.Whether they maintain that influence is hard to say.I cannot see the club doing any favours to the Ultras this coming season.Many of the old Fossa members are not affiliated to any group and just follow the team some even electing to sit in the 1st tier rather than the 2ndtier(Curva).i just hope a war doesnt erupt between the two groups.
killiegradge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 08:09   #327

Karim

Registered User
 
Karim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
Could someone tell me the places of each ultra group in the CS, I mean in the CN there is a certain line the ultras take in the stands like:
Brianza Alcoolica-------Ultras---------Boys SAN---------Viking----------IRR

So what's the CS's sequence
__________________
Treble Winner

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 12:38   #328

Karim

Registered User
 
Karim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
What, nobody knows?
__________________
Treble Winner

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 16:55   #329

DavieBoy

Moderator
 
DavieBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: Istok
Fave Players: NO PROFIT!!!
DavieBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hy,im dinamo zagreb ultras bad blue boys...i am just wondering does Ac Milan pays any money to BRN?And what are relations beetwen milan and brn?
__________________
No Al Calcio Moderno !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJcJK...e=channel_page
DavieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 18:25   #330

Jasper

Registered User
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Jasper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
What, nobody knows?
Check the flags on the pics.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:34.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.