AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Multimedia

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2003, 01:23   #391

tbouks02

Registered User
 
tbouks02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: Philly, USA
tbouks02 is on a distinguished road
http://dynamo.monomach.com is a Dynamo Kyiv fan website that has Ukranian full games for download. They use FTP, so the idea to do that for Milan games is feasible, and I would be all for it . They actually have Milan's games versus Real, Juve, Inter, and Roma(because of Sheva) still uploaded. It would be great if we could have a website like this for Milan games. Because alot of us can't see all of the games we would like too.
__________________
ALL MEN ARE EQUAL. BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.
tbouks02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 01:42   #392
saint
Guest
 
It looks like you guys would be really interested. I have already encoded my first highlight package (last night-Milan-Ajax), it contains the goal, the miracle save by dida, some Ajax attacks and a move by Kaka. I was messing around with DivX encoding and got the filesize down to 15MB for around 45 seconds of video. The problem is I have an upload cap on my Internet connection so I would not be unable to upload full games. The clip I have encoded is at a low resolution (320x240) but there is no blockiness as in most clips - I am still experimenting though. I realized that it is pretty hard to get quality sports clips because the constant movement causes much interference nad interlacing. Some of you guys say that Milan's attacks are too slow, not for video encoding they are'nt

Where could I upload it so that everyone here can get it. You guys say FTP server, where?
  Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 03:53   #393

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
15mb for a 45-sec video clip???

Isnt that a little too big?

The one at AC Milan quality has decent quality and its only 9mb..

And oh yeah, it lasts for 4:09..



__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 04:06   #394
saint
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally posted by Shevchenko-[7]
15mb for a 45-sec video clip???

Isnt that a little too big?

The one at AC Milan quality has decent quality and its only 9mb..

And oh yeah, it lasts for 4:09..



As I said earlier Shevchenko-[7] I am still experimenting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 05:04   #395

Milan4eva

Registered User
 
Milan4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Fave Players: Batistuta, Ortega, Maldini, Irwin, Maradonna, Garr
Milan4eva is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
DivX allows you to pack more quality and resolution into the clip while still maintaining reasonable file sizes.
It's hard to say that. 15mb for a 49 second clip is a huge difference from a 9mb 4.09 clip. Some highlight files will just be too big for 56k users. Anything above 10mb is big for these users. Believe me. Been there, done that. But I'd like to see what you're doing. I seriously hope you'll take this somewhere. Thanx

FORZA MILAN
Milan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 06:46   #396
saint
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally posted by Milan4eva
It's hard to say that. 15mb for a 49 second clip is a huge difference from a 9mb 4.09 clip. Some highlight files will just be too big for 56k users. Anything above 10mb is big for these users. Believe me. Been there, done that. But I'd like to see what you're doing. I seriously hope you'll take this somewhere. Thanx

FORZA MILAN
You must consider the quality of the clip - sound is included too and is in an uncompressed format so this is part of the problem, I am still experimenting though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 09:56   #397

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
must we use divx to watch?

Jeff
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 09:59   #398

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Could anyone of you send me the Milan vs Ajax game to me through msn? I couldn't download it using thatlink

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 10:22   #399

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
You know I'll be there at MSN..

Just give me a message aight?
__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 02:33   #400

Milan4eva

Registered User
 
Milan4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Fave Players: Batistuta, Ortega, Maldini, Irwin, Maradonna, Garr
Milan4eva is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You must consider the quality of the clip - sound is included too and is in an uncompressed format so this is part of the problem, I am still experimenting though.
Yes, I know how big DivX can be. A normal movie that's about 100-200mb+ can be about 700+ in DivX. I'm just commenting that anything too big can be a problem to people using 56k. IMO sounds not that important it's the video quality that it's mostly about. And with DivX it's pretty smooth. Anywayz as I said I'm cool wit anything. Wating for the upload.

FORZA MILAN
Milan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 03:12   #401

Quivering

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Sweden
Quivering is on a distinguished road
I have an upload of ~450kb so I could help distribute as long as I get my server up. Also, DivX clips aren't for the needs of 56k, that's what you have .rm for.. hehe. Pointless to use DivX from the start in that case. The whole idea with the DivX alternative is quality plus saints choice of adding some things you usually don't see. saint could also encode two versions, big and small. Usually they're ~50mb for the big and ~10mb for the small. It's no problem to have both.
__________________
THOU SHALT HATE INTER THOU SHALT HATE INTER THOU SHALT HATE INTER
Quivering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 03:51   #402

Maldini3

Registered User
 
Maldini3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Where I live
Fave Players: Old Man
Maldini3 is on a distinguished road
Jeff there is nothing wrong with the Ajax highlight link given

mms://a659.e.vm.akamaistream.net/7/659/9811/7d3913a24/soccerit.download.akamai.com/9811/AcMilan/file_stream/5229_str200.asf
__________________
We are the champions!!We are the champions!!

Miss you dearie ! Miss you MW ! Miss you Durian !
Maldini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 08:09   #403

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I downloaded it finally
the thing is.. I think someone gaveme the wrong link

:-(

Jeff
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:55   #404

kenny_shev

Registered User
 
kenny_shev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fave Players: sheva and Milan team
kenny_shev
Dida's save is amazing........why are milan players so good
kenny_shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 10:07   #405

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff
Thanks. I downloaded it finally
the thing is.. I think someone gaveme the wrong link

:-(

Jeff
You are aware that you have to paste the link in Net Transport right?
__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.