AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 19:40   #406

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
What we're all witnessing is the death of a golden generation.
Every generation has it’s birth, it’s life and it’s death. Nothing strange here, everybody dies but what many (most) of you here are protesting over is “Why weren’t we prepared for the death of this golden 2 times CL winning generation?”
Valid point, I agree. You did have 8 players from season 2002/03 in the starting line up in Athens this May.
But there is a problem here, and this problem is so common for every great generation and every creator of these great generations.
Did you see a successful and immediate transformation from golden generation to another, new, golden generation ? Apart from Sacchi’s to Capello’s Milan transformation, there isn’t a single example in the world where such great generation is immediately replaced with another.
The creator of the generation is aware that after the changes , chances are pretty big that 1,2,3 winningless years will follow until the new generation starts producing great, or similar results of the previous generation. The creator wants to postpone this and he’ll stick to the old generation until the time when they’ll completely fail. And emotional attachment to this successful generation is probably another reason why steps weren’t made to change some things.
I know it’s not logical and history has shown us that it’s not the way to handle things, but just look at all the great generations from the past and you’ll see that the players were kept together even though it was obvious that they are past it. They were replaced only after a huge failure.
Every single time ( except for Sacchi-Capello) the same thing happened. What’s happening to Milan right now has happened to every single great team and always the changes were made way too late.
I’ll only make one example with my team, when after the 3 CL finals and 2 Scudetto winning seasons, in 1998, eventhough it was obvious that Juve’s team can’t go on like this, Moggi didn’t change anything and Juve ended in Intertoto next year. Or in 2003/04 when Moggi thought that the generation that won the scudetto twice in a row and played in 2003 CL final was still good enough eventhough Iuliano, Montero and Ferrara were screaming “replace us, replace us”

So, it’s not only Milan guys… it happened everywhere, all the time
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 20:04   #407

RobyKikic

Registered User
 
RobyKikic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Fave Players: Kaka', Nesta, Maldini, Boban, RobyBaggio
RobyKikic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
What we're all witnessing is the death of a golden generation.
Every generation has it’s birth, it’s life and it’s death. Nothing strange here, everybody dies but what many (most) of you here are protesting over is “Why weren’t we prepared for the death of this golden 2 times CL winning generation?”
Valid point, I agree. You did have 8 players from season 2002/03 in the starting line up in Athens this May.
But there is a problem here, and this problem is so common for every great generation and every creator of these great generations.
Did you see a successful and immediate transformation from golden generation to another, new, golden generation ? Apart from Sacchi’s to Capello’s Milan transformation, there isn’t a single example in the world where such great generation is immediately replaced with another.
The creator of the generation is aware that after the changes , chances are pretty big that 1,2,3 winningless years will follow until the new generation starts producing great, or similar results of the previous generation. The creator wants to postpone this and he’ll stick to the old generation until the time when they’ll completely fail. And emotional attachment to this successful generation is probably another reason why steps weren’t made to change some things.
I know it’s not logical and history has shown us that it’s not the way to handle things, but just look at all the great generations from the past and you’ll see that the players were kept together even though it was obvious that they are past it. They were replaced only after a huge failure.
Every single time ( except for Sacchi-Capello) the same thing happened. What’s happening to Milan right now has happened to every single great team and always the changes were made way too late.
I’ll only make one example with my team, when after the 3 CL finals and 2 Scudetto winning seasons, in 1998, eventhough it was obvious that Juve’s team can’t go on like this, Moggi didn’t change anything and Juve ended in Intertoto next year. Or in 2003/04 when Moggi thought that the generation that won the scudetto twice in a row and played in 2003 CL final was still good enough eventhough Iuliano, Montero and Ferrara were screaming “replace us, replace us”

So, it’s not only Milan guys… it happened everywhere, all the time

Great post Tony29.
I do believe this generation still can win everything there is, but some players are passed it or just not Milan quality (Favalli for example).
By having players like Gattuso,Pirlo,Nesta,Kaka and start building around them (i hope with Pato its not where we stop) this generation still can be saved and add another Carlo era BUT with afcrouse those few changes.
It's gonna be hard to accomplish things like that when a team has celebrated with eachother and created a bond.
RobyKikic is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 20:06   #408

Hesham

Registered User
 
Hesham's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 1999
Location: Cairo-Egypt
Fave Players: Van Basten from the past and Maldini from the pres
Hesham is on a distinguished road
Is it merely a coincidence that few hours after it was spread out that we passed the opportunity to sign Buffon once again Dida made one of his trademark howlers in recent years to remind us what a terrible transfer campaign we have been going through in the last two seasons. Our needs were very clear and we didn't secure any even Alexander Pato is still ineligible to play so what exactly Mr.Galliani and co were doing all summer. What really hurts is that Milan were always so successful in securing top quality signings before the disastrous last two seasons on the transfer front.
__________________
FORZA MILAN FOREVER .
Hesham is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 20:12   #409

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Media makeup hesham...
Jeff is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 20:17   #410

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Usually im the one leading everyone with the attacks, but for some reason I feel optimistic after this loss, I dont know why?

The only reason I know we are struggling is because of the management, other than that we're ok. Ancelotti is not at fault, not at all, asking for him to be sacked is useless because it wont happen. Poor Gourcuff, he had a good game today going forward, but the mistake he made with the offside trap is something they teach you when you play for the U-15 team. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this has pissed off Carlo alot and we will not be seeing Gourcuff on the field for a while now (hope im wrong).

I haven't entirely lost my faith in Dida though. I admit, both goals would have been avoided if it were for any other keeper in the Serie A. Dida needs to get his act together, Milan did not want to renew his contract but then they gave in and gave him a 4m-year contract! He does not deserve that at all, he has to at least repay that on the field.

And last but not least, Gilardino! .. I liked his contribution today, and the past two games as well. I hope he keeps it up, he is slowly improving. I haven't seen him dribble past a player since Italy vs Germany in the first 3 minutes of the 1st extra time. When I saw him do that I was like "he's gonna do it again!!!".

Forza Milan, and boys keep your heads up high, stop asking for Carlo to be sacked and stop cursing Dida. Give them the support they need at the moment. The only thing we can do is show how pissed off our fans are towards the management, nothing else. Management do not the faith of the fans to keep 'performing' well on the market, so I say lets rub it in Galliani's bald head
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 20:28   #411

e-Milan

Registered User
 
e-Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
e-Milan is on a distinguished road
I'm with ya hitmann !!

forza milan !!
e-Milan is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 20:59   #412

will4li

Registered User
 
will4li's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: nanxun , china
Fave Players: kaka pirlo
will4li is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by jeff
Quote:
I agree; after Gourcuff comes on we are indeed faster, but Gourcuff has to build his character and continues to work hard to actually EARN a spot in the team by actually contributing to the team.

Unfortunately today he didn't.

I have a few positive things to say though:

1) Milan IS capable of winning. It's like a giant got woken up by the first goal, and kept attacking and attacking. that's the kind of SPIRIT that Milan is missing;

It's not about talent, technique, tactics, Dida`, Gila... it's about the desire.

2) So what's next?

- I suggest to play Gourcuff more because he does bring the game tempo up a bit. But he needs to be more mature in different situations; at some points he tries hard to beat the opponent 1vs1 but in a CL game, that often doesn't work (e.g., Ronaldo vs. Gattuso or Oddo or both). He needs to be more mature to play better.

- Think about what's going wrong with our DEFENSE, and not just put the blaming tag on Dida. Our defense is not that fantastic to be honest for the past few games, and at times it looks shaky.

- Final point: If supporters can just accept that Milan is going through a tough period and get together behind the team regardless of the result, I'm sure, no matter what, Milan will re-cover faster than if we say, "sell Gila" or "loan Dida to Sheffield Wednesday".

Be critical, and positive.

In ending, I just quote what Dev has said:

I look ahead to the Lazio game with my usual enthusiasm, as I know sooner or later we will get out of this, but I can't actually say I'm optimistic as it's difficult to see how we will get these problems sorted. I'm extremely happy that tonight it was a CL match we lost and not a league match, as that means we haven't lost further ground in the league and realistically we still have a very good chance to go through in CL.
Refreshing, constructive,and life wisdom all over like an elderly.A real beacon in these dark days of Rosseneroes.

I can't wait to see your opinions about our team flaws , possible ideal moves in next winter market,and carlo's approach to prepare the whole season,basically anything helpful to the team.I'm all ears,but remain the right to propose opposition.

By the way, what does moderators mean? sorry, I'm a native chinese,my english is not able to cover some certain area.
__________________
ac mi is rolling
will4li is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 21:03   #413

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
will4li, if you mean "moderator" as in Jeff's title in on top of his avatar (or my own)
it means that in addition of being "Registered User" like all other members, we have been comissioned to MODERATE the discussions and keep some level of control in the posts...

like making sure no one disrespects anybody else, or uses fault language... in few words, keep it safe and friendly.
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 21:06   #414

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
I agree with you Tony. The thing is even when Milan back then had the Dutch trio and won every trophy available, the board was quick to buy fresh replacements like Znonimir, Dejan, and Desailly despite the fact that only 3 foreign players were allowed to play in a single match. I believe this was the reason why the Sacchi-Capello transition occured smoothly.

It's kinda annoying when Galliani cs who had had the-death-of-the-golden-generation experience like this in the past didn't bring in younger players who are starving for glory and silverwares like they did back in the 90-s
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 21:06   #415

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will4li
Originally posted by jeff


Refreshing, constructive,and life wisdom all over like an elderly.A real beacon in these dark days of Rosseneroes.

I can't wait to see your opinions about our team flaws , possible ideal moves in next winter market,and carlo's approach to prepare the whole season,basically anything helpful to the team.I'm all ears,but remain the right to propose opposition.

By the way, what does moderators mean? sorry, I'm a native chinese,my english is not able to cover some certain area.
If you are a Chinese, then your English is very good. Do you study in China or? (Sorry for going off-topic, but it's nice to catch up with each other and rely on relational component when Milan is doing badly)

Moderator (or mod) of a forum is one who can edit and delete posts or threads.
__________________
What source you can trust:

Perfect: acmilan; MM

OK: Channel4; calciomercato; tg.com; La Gazzetta

Awful: Corriere; Tuttosport; tuttomercatoweb

Worst: tribalfootball; goal.com
Jeff is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 21:14   #416

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will4li
By the way, what does moderators mean? sorry, I'm a native chinese,my english is not able to cover some certain area.
My friend Will4li, registered users are some ordinary animals, while mods are some animals that are more equal than others
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--

Last edited by Nalx Sijabat; 03-10-2007 at 21:17.
Nalx is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 21:23   #417

Mehdi

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Mehdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
Usually im the one leading everyone with the attacks, but for some reason I feel optimistic after this loss, I dont know why?

The only reason I know we are struggling is because of the management, other than that we're ok. Ancelotti is not at fault, not at all, asking for him to be sacked is useless because it wont happen.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. If he picks Dida again and we lose to Lazio he's in big trouble and the press are going to crucify him and the board. The only thing that will get the fans and media off their backs is the promise of young, new signings in January.
Mehdi is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 21:29   #418

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx Sijabat
My friend Will4li, registered users are some ordinary animals, while mods are some animals that are more equal than others
Don't you know that my real name is Napoleon and I actually come from a place called "Animal Farm"
__________________
What source you can trust:

Perfect: acmilan; MM

OK: Channel4; calciomercato; tg.com; La Gazzetta

Awful: Corriere; Tuttosport; tuttomercatoweb

Worst: tribalfootball; goal.com
Jeff is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 21:39   #419

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
We don't have many options Mehdi, it's like someone asks you where to put the bullet to, in the chest or the head. Okay, it's a harsh example. For me Dida is the lesser of the evil.
And aren't you fed up about the promises made by Galliani? At least, I am.

He kept saying that UCL-reigning-champs blah blah blah but in this fast pacing football world you need to work twice harder to keep the position you were last year. Winning the UCL also means we're wearing the sign "shoot me here" on our jersey. That gives our opponents extra passion to defeat us (only happened once this season), or at least to frustrate with their stubborn defensive-minded play since they know that their best chance is to get a draw.
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 21:42   #420

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Don't you know that my real name is Napoleon and I actually come from a place called "Animal Farm"
Yeah right, and I'm an alchemist. Should Galliani hire me, I'll change every silverware we have into golds so that he can start buying somebody
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.