AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:00   #4336

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
The fact is that nowadays, if you try to give names for each position in defence, you will have Brazilians each time:

RB - Maicon and Daniel Alves (for me, Maicon is more complete because he defends better than Alves)
CD - Alex, Juan, maybe Thiago Silva, Lucio
LB - It's the only position I don't know who could be quoted as the best player ...

RB is definently best position for Brazilians, because of the attacking nature of the position, but CD, i have to disagree on.
There are far better CBs out there than those listed. In saying that, i am not taking anything away from Brazilians!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:06   #4337

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Hernanes is being described by Dunga as having Gatusso's grit and Pirlo's foot. He is encouraging Milan to buy him, as well as Miranda.

Sounds promising!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:07   #4338

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Maybe, but give me names ...

Except Nesta who is the best defender in the world and who can't play an entire season anymore, I can hardly find an outclass defender ...

Santacroce is maybe the best prospect in Italy (with Chiellini), but he still has a lot to prove, and you know what ?! His origins are ... Brazilian !!

In England, I can't find any excellent defender except Vidic (but he never played with someone else than Ferdinand actually at the highest level, so it's maybe just their duo that is excellent), Touré and Alex.

In Spain, I just see Puyol and Piqué as excellent defenders (I rate Piqué a lot more highly than Puyol).

Last edited by GeoTav; 12-06-2009 at 08:10.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:10   #4339

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Maybe, but give me names ...

Except Nesta who is the best defender in the world and who can't play an entire season anymore, I can hardly find an outclass defender ...

Santacroce is maybe the best prospect in Italy (with Chiellini), but he still has a lot to prove, and you know what ?! His origins are ... Brazilian !!

In England, I can't find any excellent defender except Vidic (but he never played with someone else than Ferdinand actually at the highest level, so it's maybe just their duo that is excellent), Touré and Alex.

In Spain, I just see Puyol and Piqué as excellent defenders (I rate Piqué a lot more than Puyol).


If Alex is so good, then why is he not ahead of Terry and Carvahlo at Chelsea? Just a friendly point. Anyway, read my Dzeko post. I am knocking off now; getting late in my country lol! Seya in less than 12 hours, if you'll be still awake!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:13   #4340

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
I am eager to see what will turn up with our young players, Abate, Di Genaro.......
Hopefully we could get 1 or 2 good players which cost nothing.
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:14   #4341

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
If Alex is so good, then why is he not ahead of Terry and Carvahlo at Chelsea?
Just a choice from the coach ... with Ancelotti, Alex will be a starter for example ...

Flamini is a better player compared to Ambrosini (I think noone is going to contradict me ?), why did Ambrosini play more until January ?
Gourcuff is a better player compared to Brocchi, why did Brocchi play ten times more than Gourcuff when they were both in Milan ?

It's all relative to the choices of the coach (Ambrosini over Flamini, or Carvalho over Alex) and also to the environment allowing a player to shine or not (Brocchi over Gourcuff, etc) ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:15   #4342

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
I am eager to see what will turn up with our young players, Abate, Di Genaro.......
Hopefully we could get 1 or 2 good players which cost nothing.
Me too! By the way, when did Galliani say we rule the transfer market? Anyway, last comment, then i am going to sleep seriously!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:16   #4343

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
I am eager to see what will turn up with our young players, Abate, Di Genaro.......
Hopefully we could get 1 or 2 good players which cost nothing.
The problem is that most of them are co-owned ... so we will have to pay to get them back (of course, not too much).

Paloschi is co-owned with Parma for example, and like Parma and Milan don't manage to negotiate a good deal for both (both teams want Paloschi), they are probably going to have to both make an offer, and the team offering the highest fee will take the player (the other team will receive the money).
GeoTav is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:18   #4344

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Me too! By the way, when did Galliani say we rule the transfer market? Anyway, last comment, then i am going to sleep seriously!
You mean my sig?
It's just my frustration with our beloved baldie
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:20   #4345

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Welcome back Jim, not seen you in ages (here or msn). I would love both Hernanes and Dzeko, but it seems impossible. My hope would really be to get Dzeko immediately, and pave way for Hernanes' transfer for next season (get an agreement in place but agree to let him stay in Brazil next season).

I'm up for major changes, but I wouldn't let everyone go right now. I think consistency is important in the squad and trying to change too much in one go will put far too much pressure on Leo to try and get it all together in a couple of months.

Clichy I'd love, Maicon too, but I doubt Inter would sell. Sneijder's talented but I'm not sold on him tbh, would rather get Hernanes.

We let Mattioni go in the past week it seems (along with Sheva and Senderos). It was actually us not keeping them at the end of their loans.

Good to see you too buddy, been ages since we've talked, hope life is treating you and your wife well

I guess there's an argument for doing either scenario, a full wipe to give new players alot of time to gel together or minor editing to let each player bed in gradually.

I just think our midfield has come to the end of it's cycle, it shouldn't be made up of Ambrosini, Pirlo & Gattuso anymore, time for some fresh blood. Flamini and then any other decent midfielders (you know the names) should be where we have our focus.

Unsurprisingly, Clichy is now being linked to Madrid, so i expect to see him & Maicon in a Real shirt at some point this summer. I knew we sent back Senderos & Shevchenko but i didn't realise Mattioni was only a loan, i thought we bought him.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:36   #4346

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Any news about where will Tevez go?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:59   #4347

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Any news about where will Tevez go?
Probably Manchester City after what I've heard. Just rumours though... Think he will be way too expensive for Milan these days.
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:09   #4348

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
Probably Manchester City after what I've heard. Just rumours though... Think he will be way too expensive for Milan these days.
With Ronaldo gone, they're saying there's now a good chance Tevez will stay at Manchester United. A few years ago, I was really hoping Milan would get him as a replacement for Sheva, but now he and his handlers are too mercenary. He's a great player (truthfully, I'd rather have him than Ronaldo because of the effort he gives all over the pitch), but for Milan I would rather have someone such as Dzeko who wants to be at Milan for more than money.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:13   #4349

_MaJi_tz

Registered User
 
_MaJi_tz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: Tuzla(Salt City), BiH
Fave Players: Gennarinho Gattuso
_MaJi_tz is on a distinguished road
From Germany: "Dzeko has signed a preliminary with the Milan"
12.06.2009 13:56 di Pietro Mazzara articolo letto 3840 volte 12.06.2009 13:56 by Peter Mazzara article read 3840 times
© foto di Giacomo Morini © photo by James Morini Secondo alcune indiscrezioni provenienti dalla Germania e rimbalazate anche qui in Italia, Edin Dzeko avrebbe firmato un precontratto con il Milan, dunque non un il contratto ufficiale, la cui validità è rimessa al buon esito, per il Milan, della trattativa con il club del giocatore, ossia il Wolfsburg. According to some indiscretions from Germany and rimbalazate here in Italy, Edin Dzeko had signed a preliminary with Milan, then the contract is not an official, whose validity is referred to the success for Milan, the negotiations with the club player , the Wolfsburg. Sempre secondo i rumors tedeschi, la prossima settimana, ci sarà un incontro tra le due dirigenze dove il Milan alzerà l'offerta, si dice fino a 25 milioni di euro, per cercare di concludere la trattativa. Still according to rumors the Germans, the next week, there will be a meeting between the two leaders where Milan will raise the bid, it says up to 25 million, to try to conclude the negotiation. I rossoneri hanno dalla loro anche la ferma volontà del giocatore di vestire la maglia del Diavolo. I rossoneri they also have the strong will of the player to wear the shirt of the Devil.
__________________



... 110 anni di storia, combatti per la gloria ...



Andriy Shevchenko - July 1, 1999 - May 26, 2006
_MaJi_tz is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:18   #4350

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Abate is definitely a player with huge upside and tremendous speed, but do you guys think he's really ready to step in and play a major role for Milan?
Probably not yet I'd say, but he can surely be a worthwhile squad player given his Serie A experience and quality. Whether he'll ever be able to step up and become a starter is another matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
DO you mean Antonini, not Antonelli? Yes, Antonini deserved his spot in the first squad due to Janko's inconsistency, but has been injured for a while. He is now just fully fit. Dissapointed at Mattioni's lack of playing time. If he returns to Gremio, it would be a waste.
Nope, Antonelli. He's young and I think we loaned him out (or he's now on co-ownership). Plays as a LB and was considered our big prospect a couple of years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK View Post
Good to see you too buddy, been ages since we've talked, hope life is treating you and your wife well

I guess there's an argument for doing either scenario, a full wipe to give new players alot of time to gel together or minor editing to let each player bed in gradually.

I just think our midfield has come to the end of it's cycle, it shouldn't be made up of Ambrosini, Pirlo & Gattuso anymore, time for some fresh blood. Flamini and then any other decent midfielders (you know the names) should be where we have our focus.

Unsurprisingly, Clichy is now being linked to Madrid, so i expect to see him & Maicon in a Real shirt at some point this summer. I knew we sent back Senderos & Shevchenko but i didn't realise Mattioni was only a loan, i thought we bought him.
Life's good thanks.

The problem for me is changing our midfield would be one thing, but we're going to have major changes for the new season up front and at the back already. To also change the midfield in amidst these other changes may become a step too far. I'm think Pirlo and Rino do still have enough for another season or two, and during that time we can hopefully get some fresh faces to take over their roles in the long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Any news about where will Tevez go?
Manchester City were linked to him last that I know.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:34.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.