AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2004, 11:19   #31

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoformaggino
Serginho, our key for tonight.



MILAN
This is really surprising! Perhaps a defensive proneness in Barcelona's right defender?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:33   #32

Paddy De Nagan

Registered User
 
Paddy De Nagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2001
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Fave Players: Albertini, Gatusso, Maldini, Ambrosini, KPB, Cassa
Paddy De Nagan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goirre
We won the first match 1-0, even though many say they deserved a draw (I can't say myself since I didn't watch that match).:
I only saw extended highlights, and from what I saw, Milan were extremely lucky to win or would have been lucky to even draw. Barca were on top.

I think Milan shouldn't try too hard tonight. Both teams have qualified really. They should rest players, I think. Top spot in the group is not important, as all teams who qualify for knock-outs are tough as each other.
Paddy De Nagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:42   #33

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
I watch the entire game and allthough Milan were lucky to escape two balls hitting the woodwork, we too had very good chanses. Barca fans will argue that they controlled the game, but tent to forget that Milan only started to play more conservatively after scoring.

Barca will likely have most of the ball possesion tonight and Milan will counter attack, a strategy that suits us well on a large pitch like Nou Camp and against a team who attacks with 6+ players.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:47   #34

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
If sheva perform well today.....the Golden Ball will be his. Millions of viewers will be watching this match.

Forza Sheva!
Forza Milan!
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:50   #35

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH
If sheva perform well today.....the Golden Ball will be his. Millions of viewers will be watching this match.

Forza Sheva!
Forza Milan!
Unfortunately that will also be true for Ronaldinho. Sheva has the advantage though, he scored in the first game and has scored against Barca at Nou Camp before. And Ronnie will have Rino's teeth around his ankles all night
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:11   #36

Neo

Registered User
 
Neo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: Finland
Fave Players: Super-Pippo, Rui Costa, Maldini and Kakŕ
Neo
I always ask this same question, but where could I watch this match on internet? I'd like see this match, but here in Finland they don't show us Tuesday matches.

I also think that Serginho is the tonight's keyplayer. He has played good lately(or I am just confused, because I watched 0-6 derby yesterday )

Forza Milan!!!!
__________________
F.O.R.Z.A M.I.L.A.N

Last edited by Neo; 02-11-2004 at 14:15.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 13:06   #37

Vinesh

Registered User
 
Vinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2001
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Vinesh
I great match, i just hope we can at least get a draw, wiriting my last exam 2omro, wont be watching, will be with you guys in sprirt.
__________________
-Forza Milan-
Vinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 13:07   #38

Nona

Registered User
 
Nona's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Netherlands
Fave Players: MALDINI, who else?
Nona is on a distinguished road
Oh boys, yesterday I saw the famous Milan - Barcelona game on Eurosport.
Ten years ago in Athene, do you remember ?
Milan just "killed" them - 4:0
All those guys from then....Boban, Savicevic, George Weah, Desailly.......
wonderful to see them again - I wish I could turn back time !
But I'm a firm believer that Milan can do it again!
I believe that they are gonna win tonight !!!!
Nona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 13:48   #39

BG1

Registered User
 
BG1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Montreal
Fave Players: Jay Jay Okocha
BG1
acmilan.com

"GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: BARCELONA-MILAN PROBABLE LINEUPS
02 November 2004 10:26


MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Serginho, Kaka; Shevchenko.

BARCELONA: Valdes; Belletti, Puyol, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst; Deco, Marquez, Xavi; Giuly, Eto’o, Ronaldinho."
BG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 13:54   #40

BG1

Registered User
 
BG1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Montreal
Fave Players: Jay Jay Okocha
BG1
Interesting lineup, so Kaka will play with Sheva upfront with Pirlo behind them?

--------- Sheva - Kaka --------------

------------- Pirlo ------------

Serginho - Ambrosini - Gattuso




or will it be a simple 4-4-2?
BG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 13:55   #41

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1
Man they're not going to show the Barca - Milan match live on thsn this time .Going to get to watch Panathanaikos - Arsenal instead
Just noticed that too, until last week I am pretty sure they had our game listed though. Seems they will show it on tape delay at midnight or something,TSN

About the game itself, wide defensive cover will be key, smart midfield possession as in every game.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 13:56   #42

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Straight 4-4-2 is my guess, with Pirlo slightly behind the other midfielders and Kaka slightly behind Sheva. Interesting game to try a new formation in. I don't like it much.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 14:31   #43

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Could be a 5 man midfield in this match or the 4-4-2. Personally, I would expect the 5 man midfield to harass the Barca midfield in the match.

Anyway I gotta go to Wing Chun so I'll miss the match, so lets hope I'll have a good result to get back to!!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 14:56   #44

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Will anyone be using the irc chat room while the game is on ? Otherwise it's pretty pointless Rezag and pjc going to all that trouble to put it on there
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 15:07   #45

claupau

Registered User
 
claupau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Holland
Fave Players: Sandro, Paolo, Kaká, Gila, Pippo & Pirlo!
claupau
FORA MILAN!

OMG I actually get the game live here today woah! I'll try to keep you gusy posted as much as I can
__________________
FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE!
claupau is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.