AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 09:26   #31

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Good to see you posting Argo, thanks for the info too
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 13:56   #32

Gabrielle

Registered User
 
Gabrielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 1999
Location: MM : XT
Fave Players: Roberto Baggio,Paolo Maldini & Demetrio Albertini
Gabrielle is on a distinguished road
My condolences n prayers to those effected by the tsunami. I live in Singapore n it's really heartening to see our neighbouring countries going thru this tragedy. It's so unreal that the tragedy are happening so close to home

My best friend was suppose to go to Phuket for her honeymoon but cancelled at the last minute because according to her husband, there'll be a lot of tourists at this time of the year...there's so many "what ifs"...We don't know when tragedy might hit next, this whole tragedy just makes me appreciate life more...
__________________
*Nurul Hudaa*
Good? sometimes...Bad?All the time
Gabrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 15:24   #33

Goirre

Moderator
 
Goirre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Summerland, US
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
been following these news for days, truly sad. my prayers are with all those affected by this terrible disaster.
__________________
!!!FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!


Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 19:29   #34

argo

Registered User
 
argo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Indonesia
Fave Players: Andriy Shevchenko, Eric Cantona
argo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle
My condolences n prayers to those effected by the tsunami. I live in Singapore n it's really heartening to see our neighbouring countries going thru this tragedy. It's so unreal that the tragedy are happening so close to home

My best friend was suppose to go to Phuket for her honeymoon but cancelled at the last minute because according to her husband, there'll be a lot of tourists at this time of the year...there's so many "what ifs"...We don't know when tragedy might hit next, this whole tragedy just makes me appreciate life more...
that's the risk of living in an archipelago like us.
Indonesia lied on 3 major tectonic plates: Eurasia, Indo-Asutralia, and Pacific plate. those plates keep moving all the time to push each other to the opposite direction. and when the time has come, it could cause a horrible tectonic-earthquake then followed by tsunami.
in the recent decades there were quakes and tsunamis occurred in Indonesia, but this one is the biggest (and the worst).

such a beautiful country.. with losta dangers...
__________________
Don't Drink and Drive...


Smoke and Fly!!!

argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:07   #35

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
where abouts are you from Peachtot?
Sorry for this late reply...
Til' 18 years old I live in Medan, North Sumatra.
Affected by Quakes too, but not for Tsunamis.
When I called my dad, he said that around 8 am on Sunday, he was in church, and suddenly there's earthquake...
All of peoples run out as soon as, and the church activities were pending for a half hour.
After that, my hometown was fine.

Now I live far away from medan, in Java Island (near Jakarta, the capital city). I live in a houz with other work mates and 1 of them has big familiy in Uleu Leu (Aceh). Uleu Leu was a coast for fisherman village at west coast Aceh (most terrible place that hit by tsunamis). So close to center of Earthquake in deep of Indian Ocean.
He lost his mom, 1 sis and 1 bro. His dad abd 3 bro's evacuated to a hospital in medan (North Sumatra province). Everytime we call him by phone, he always cries...
I'm so sad to my houz mate...
I dont know how to act if he came back to our home once day later....
No idea in my head...
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:39   #36

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
I am sure that there is nobody in the whole world whose not sorry for what had happened.

It is our duty to show solidarity to our brothers and sisters victims of the Tsunami

Our prayers for these people are good BUT not enough!

These people needs URGENT HELP! because are suffering hunger and illness.

We have no control on nature, but sure we can do many things to reduce the suffering.

So lets put our hand in our pocket and donate some money. Tomorrow it might be us who needs help!
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:50   #37

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachtot
Sorry for this late reply...
Til' 18 years old I live in Medan, North Sumatra.
Affected by Quakes too, but not for Tsunamis.
When I called my dad, he said that around 8 am on Sunday, he was in church, and suddenly there's earthquake...
All of peoples run out as soon as, and the church activities were pending for a half hour.
After that, my hometown was fine.

Now I live far away from medan, in Java Island (near Jakarta, the capital city). I live in a houz with other work mates and 1 of them has big familiy in Uleu Leu (Aceh). Uleu Leu was a coast for fisherman village at west coast Aceh (most terrible place that hit by tsunamis). So close to center of Earthquake in deep of Indian Ocean.
He lost his mom, 1 sis and 1 bro. His dad abd 3 bro's evacuated to a hospital in medan (North Sumatra province). Everytime we call him by phone, he always cries...
I'm so sad to my houz mate...
I dont know how to act if he came back to our home once day later....
No idea in my head...
I'm glad you and your family are safe, but really sorry to hear about your housemate.

I saw on the news the island you mention there (Aceh) and the place looked terrible now.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 16:52   #38

Susi

Registered User
 
Susi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Germany
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo.....
Susi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the rough
Today (and not only today) is on TV another big donation-show (actually stand: over 33 Million Euros) and it's so good to see, that pple donate Millions of Euros all over the world to help the Pple in that area.

A lot of Sportsman and also Footballclubs are also donating lots of money.

I read today that our beloved AC MILAN made an announcement to donate 3. Mio. Euros to UNICEF, the 20 clubs of the premierleague 1,4 Mio. Euros, Michael Schumacher 7,5 Mio. Euro.
Bayern Munich donated 300.000 Euros as a Immadiately-Donate and also start a project building a school or orphanage and support them in the next 15 years with Money.
__________________
simply unique, simply hot........simply the best

Last edited by Susi; 04-01-2005 at 16:54.
Susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 16:58   #39

Susi

Registered User
 
Susi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Germany
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo.....
Susi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the rough
@ Peachtot

I am so sorry to hear that about your housemad.
When you see him next time, just give him a big hug, it shows all the words you may do not find to say....he for sure feels immadiately what is in your heart and mind ...
__________________
simply unique, simply hot........simply the best
Susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 17:37   #40

Susi

Registered User
 
Susi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Germany
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo.....
Susi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the rough
And Maltese_Charlie is right.... money never can be enough. Every single Euro/Dollar/Pound counts....
Here in Germany there is a opportunity to send 1 SMS for 4,99 Euro and the money goes immadiately to a donation-arrangement. I find this way also a good opportunity.

And yes, maybe when you all like the idea and of course when it is possible, why we as a Milanfamily does not do something like this aswell? For example, when the Admins open a special account and then give the Money we donate to a special Donate-Arrangement?

Hmm... I know we have here lots of members, who are going to school or may do not have much money for themselves, but all these pple do have lost everything after this big tragedy...

.....As I said, each Euro/dollar counts for these pple. And I believe we all may find a way to give a bit money, when we just give up something one time what is normal in our everyday life (just for example a special newspaper you buy monthly or when you go out, just drink 1-2 beer less, etc etc.) and donate that money instead....no matter how less it is.....
__________________
simply unique, simply hot........simply the best

Last edited by Susi; 04-01-2005 at 17:39.
Susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:23   #41

Gabrielle

Registered User
 
Gabrielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 1999
Location: MM : XT
Fave Players: Roberto Baggio,Paolo Maldini & Demetrio Albertini
Gabrielle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susi
Today (and not only today) is on TV another big donation-show (actually stand: over 33 Million Euros) and it's so good to see, that pple donate Millions of Euros all over the world to help the Pple in that area.
The Singapore Red Cross so far has collected 18 million dollars (around 9 million euros) from the public.I was surprise, at the same time glad, over the amount of money collected considering the population in our country is only around 3 million.

I think countries all over the world are doing their part in helping the countries affected by this tragedy.People are donating their money because they feel for those losing their homes n families. Natural disasters,while devastating, bring out the best of human spirit
__________________
*Nurul Hudaa*
Good? sometimes...Bad?All the time
Gabrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:15   #42

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susi
@ Peachtot

I am so sorry to hear that about your housemad.
When you see him next time, just give him a big hug, it shows all the words you may do not find to say....he for sure feels immadiately what is in your heart and mind ...
Yeah...I hope so...
Thanx for your advice....
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:19   #43

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Ofcourse one can open a MM account to collect and then donate everything from the account but as far as I could gather its better to donate directly to one of the agencies or charities. A collection of Canadian and international links is at http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/as...e/helping.html for reference at least

If anybody has anything to add or has any other ideas please post
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 14:12   #44

Nona

Registered User
 
Nona's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Netherlands
Fave Players: MALDINI, who else?
Nona is on a distinguished road
I want to sell some milan stuff here and donate the money.
For example: I have a calendar : 100 years AC Milan. Ok, it's from 1999, but surely a coll. item with a lot of information about the club and many pic's and stories about former and current players. ( till 1999 of course )
If someone is interested, has also something he wants to sell or has other ideas, please let me know....
Nona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:54   #45

heidi azalea

Registered User
 
heidi azalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
heidi azalea will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachtot
Sorry for this late reply...
I'm so sad to my houz mate...
I dont know how to act if he came back to our home once day later....
No idea in my head...
I read you posts long ago, but too busy to reply...
so sad to know what had happened to your housemate....
something to share... Miracles....
http://alinehumaira.multiply.com/photos/album/6

__________________

"I am not really a strong fans of anything (even Doraemon), as physicist like me tends to take thing with a casual heart and with less 'feeling'. "
-T.L.Yoon-

http://alinehumaira.multiply.com
http://alinehumaira.blogdrive.com
WOMAN ! WITHOUT HER, MAN IS NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!


MilanMania : Relax, Respect, Respond

Our responsible is to make ourselves better and others happier. PEACE ON EARTH !
heidi azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.