AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-2009, 14:08   #31

Hutchtx

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Texas,USA
Fave Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Pirlo for ACM
Hutchtx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT View Post
welcome Hutchtx... send me a link or something that can tell which song you want and I'll translate it for you
Hi!

I found a link to the album online (but you would have to download the song -- Ale, Milan, Ale). You can play a part of it, though. Perhaps you might recognize it. I think whoever is singing it on this album might not be the original artist.


BTW, I read your history of Milan -- fascinating!! Thanks!!
Hutchtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 14:57   #32

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
haha, this is so funny... you know those are NOT the stadium chants, right?

which are the ones Vadim made available in the link he posted... this a totally different thing... Let me listen to them and write down in English... this is awesome... :P

Ale' Milan Ale', forza, vai, segnaci un gol... (ale' Milan Ale', c'mon, go score a goal)

Ale' Milan Ale', calcia con la gioia nel cuor... (ale' Milan ale', kick with the joy in the heart)

---translation really takes away the feeling in the words----
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!

Last edited by SANT; 23-01-2009 at 15:04.
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 15:06   #33

Hutchtx

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Texas,USA
Fave Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Pirlo for ACM
Hutchtx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT View Post
haha, this is so funny... you know those are NOT the stadium chants, right?

which are the ones Vadim made available in the link he posted... this a totally different thing... Let me listen to them and write down in English... this is awesome... :P
Grazie!


I am only looking for the one song (Ale, Milan, Ale). I found the lyrics for others ("Canto Rossonero" and your hymn, "Milan, Milan").

However, one day, I would love to go to Milan to hear the stadium chants! Oh, and I LOVE how the hymn is played when AC Milan wins. I watched the game against Fiorentina and could hear it in the background as the cameras followed Kaka around.
Hutchtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 17:06   #34

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
well, flights are cheap right now... how old are you? can you travel on your own?
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 17:13   #35

Hutchtx

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Texas,USA
Fave Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Pirlo for ACM
Hutchtx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT View Post
well, flights are cheap right now... how old are you? can you travel on your own?
Neat thought!

But I'm married with two teenage kids and a husband who doesn't get much time off these days. My daughter and I, at least, are big Milan fans. My husband, however, lived in Germany for a while when he was growing up and is a Bayern fan (but he watches AC milan, too). :p
Hutchtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 18:08   #36

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco6 View Post
Siam venuti fin qua
Siam venuti fin qua
PER VEDERE SEGNARE KAKAAAAAAAAAAAA
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SIAM VENUTI FIN QUA
SIAM VNEUTI FIN QUA
PER VEDERE SEGNARE KAKA.


means: we arrived till here, to see scoring Kaka
Gazzetta had a headline before Viola game:

Sim venuti fin qua, per vedere RESTARE Kaka'
---------------------------------------------------------

And when you visit San Siro I think the first one you learn is: Interista pezzo di merda...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 18:11   #37

Hutchtx

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Texas,USA
Fave Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Pirlo for ACM
Hutchtx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post

And when you visit San Siro I think the first one you learn is: Interista pezzo di merda...
Haha! My Spanish lets me translate that without a problem!
Hutchtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 00:28   #38

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
hutchtx, you will have to excuse me, for some reason I thought you were a teenage boy, not a lady... I was expecting an answer like: "I'm 16, I will be able to go in 2 years if I can convince my parents"...

this makes me happier, new fans, femenine, and in America... Milan breaking all types of barrier here...

just please, please, please don't call it SOCCER! deal? hehe
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 06:50   #39

Hutchtx

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Texas,USA
Fave Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Pirlo for ACM
Hutchtx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT View Post
hutchtx, you will have to excuse me, for some reason I thought you were a teenage boy, not a lady... I was expecting an answer like: "I'm 16, I will be able to go in 2 years if I can convince my parents"...

this makes me happier, new fans, femenine, and in America... Milan breaking all types of barrier here...

just please, please, please don't call it SOCCER! deal? hehe
Haha!

That's okay. And yes -- deal! I couldn't think of a "feminine" username, so it's understandable. I am the exception here (in the Dallas area and in America) -- I am CRAZY about football. FC Dallas might not be a top tier team, but it is so much FUN to be at the stadium and support a team with players that you know. But MLS takes this long break in the winter (from November to March), so it was not difficult to become addicted to a team like AC Milan. Of course, having players like Kaka, Gattuso, Nesta, Pirlo, etc. certainly helps -- and not just from a talent point of view. (ie, I want a copy of that Docce and Gabbana calendar from last year!)
Hutchtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 15:30   #40

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
the D&G calendar is still somewhere out there... I even created a thread for it, let me find it...

good to know your daughther is also a fan... up until a few years ago, Football in USA was considered just for blonde teenage girls in pony tails with oversized shin guards and moms in minivans... now it's starting to become more and more an important thing, competitive... the fact that the country is so big (geographically) and that all teams are owned by the league doesn't really help create rivalry which is key to increase the passion around it...

you may still be stuck with "Go Dallas" chants for a few years, but it's getting better.
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 00:20   #41

WhiteChocolate

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2006
WhiteChocolate is on a distinguished road
Well, i see a site with a lot of chants:
here we go

http://acmilan.com.pl/audio.php
WhiteChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 06:06   #42

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I never understood what is the problem between saying who is right: people who say "soccer" or people who say "football"?

Football - a game invented in England in which you use your FOOT to kick the BALL

soccer - created in USA where they needed new name for football as they turned American rugby into "football".

Europe wins! Its like I invet something and I name it. then later on people come and make somthing different, name it with the name of my invention and change my own...

Its just a comment I wanted to share with you people

Anyway, enjoy your first visit to calcio
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 06:18   #43

Hutchtx

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Texas,USA
Fave Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Pirlo for ACM
Hutchtx is on a distinguished road
Thanks! Actually, we all (in our house) call it both. And that other sport is "pointy ball."

Hutchtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 14:08   #44

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
yep, the sport where the only real football player is the one that gets less recognition as a football player: the kicker, yes, that short guy with the big helmet and just one bar, with one white shoe and one black shoe.

Hutch, in the days where you can buy any shoe in any color you want, do you have any idea why NFL kickers still go out with just one black kicking shoe?
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 14:26   #45

Hutchtx

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Texas,USA
Fave Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Pirlo for ACM
Hutchtx is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, I have no idea. I only watch "pointyball" if forced to. I did attend our college games, way back when (at the Ohio State University), but the only part of that I really cared for was the marching band.

Oh, my daughter has a t-shirt that explains which is the REAL football -- something like "Real football players don't stop play every 2 minutes, don't wear all that padding, actually kick the ball, don't have timeouts (etc.). And she actually dares to wear it to school (in Texas, in the heart of "pointyball" land).

P.S. She also wears her #22 Kaka jersey, her #8 Gattuso jersey (which was supposed to be mine, but she and her dad got the wrong size for Christmas ), and her new AC Milan training jersey that she got for Christmas.
Hutchtx is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.