![]() |
|
|
#31 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
When Mourinho first came here and he was wearing that big coat in the winter, my dad thought it was a second hand charity coat that he was wearing to raise awareness for charities etc. When i told him it was worth about £3000, he couldn't believe it, he said it made Mourinho look like a tramp !
![]()
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Cheshire, England
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Buffon, Klose!!
![]() |
Quote:
__________________
Forza Milan
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
Do you judge a whole team by pre-season results ?
No quality ? hahaha ![]()
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Cheshire, England
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Buffon, Klose!!
![]() |
Quote:
Whats wrong with you, the only quality they have is gerrard. Get over it
__________________
Forza Milan
Last edited by Milan_Mad; 07-08-2006 at 13:15. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
Actually i've supported Liverpool for about 20 years, so i'll get over nothing thank you.
They have more quality than just Gerrard.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
![]() |
Quote:
Ferdinand scored against you ... that was awesome cant wait till you meet Man U and they beat you bad
__________________
Abbiati Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini Flamini Pirlo Boateng Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
I just don't think Liverpool is on the same level of any of the top teams in Europe. While I heartily congraduated their success 2 years before in CL, I consider it as a mere fluke. Having said, though, I still have great respect for Liverpool who has won 5 CL in history.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
![]() |
If I had to pick a team in the EPL to support, it would definetely be Liverpool. They are by far the classiest team in England. Even though I hate the SOBs for beating us in Istanbul and causing one of the worst days of my life, I admire their fighting, never give up spirit shown in both that CL Final and the FA Cup final.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2006
![]() |
Liverpool - (Gerrard + Alonso + Reina + Hyypia) =
![]()
__________________
You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
I think by taking one the first one is already bad enough.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
Quote:
No, i'm not a scouser Dr M. Shame you weren't good enough to beat us in the F.A. Cup ![]() Jeff, why was their CL win a 'mere fluke' ? People say the same about our win in 2003 against Juve and what about how we've scraped past teams in the semi finals against Inter, Ajax and PSV ? They can all be considered flukes. Are the times we've been beaten flukes also ? The times when we've capitulated and got beat by Deportivo and Barca ? You can't just label a particular match a fluke because the result didn't go the way you wanted. I'm not going to take over this Chelsea thread by talking about Liverpool too much, so i'll just say that they have quality, can pass the ball as good as anyone at times and have done well on a tight budget. They're not the best, they're not at the top but they've been getting results, which in the end is all that counts.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
Quote:
I consider this game against Liverpool and PSVl that are mere flukes. Winning against Juve is no luck; the situation is very similar to the one we have seen in the world cup when Italy played against France; only that both have scored a goal each instead of 0-0. I think both teams fight until the end and thankfully the better team won. Had Juventus done it, they deserved it too and it's no mere luck. Yes I agree that winning against PSV is very very lucky. The game against Inter: Milan was seriously seldom troubled by INter attack until Costacurta kicked the ball backward and we all knew what Martin did. Overall, Milan's defense against INter was almost perfect. No luck involved. Perhaps the only luck is the rule that we won on away goal; but in my humble opinion Milan put in a much more convincing performance than the headless Inter. Against Ajax always give me the emotion; you can say that Milan is lucky but at the same time it's not. Inzaghi (and the rest of the team) fought really hard until the very end. This game differs from the one liverpool played against Milan, or so it seemed: Milan was fighting for 90 minutes to get the result; while LIverpool fought for 6 minutes to get the equalizer and 114 minutes to defend the draw. I hope there is a clear distinction there. Against Depo I didn't watch the match at all, so I wouldn't comment. Sadly, we are thoroughly beaten by Barca. A word before I turn to the final against Liverpool: I don't know where you get the contention that winning PSV or Ajax or Inter shall be considered mere fluke or losing to Depo is a sheer bad of luck. You have come up with these arguments and I try to counter each of this match, except perhaps the game against Depo which I didn't watch. Now why against Liverpool is a mere fluke: 1) Milan is sleeping for 6 minutes, and get punished by 3 goals. You don't see this happen very often in football; in fact, I don't see it happen at all for so long in my life in one of the top games in history. I can tell you that Real Madrid probably fell asleep for 45 minutes while there was still no goal. Of course one may imagine that LIverpool has the fighting period; but if you re-watched the game again as I did, you'll realize that Liverpool does NOT really have that. They don't have the winning mentality. Why? I'll tell you again in latter point. 2) If Milan is sleeping for 6 minutes, then they have been attacking for 114 minutes. This has 2 significance: 1) It can be inferred that Milan is not really sleeping for that 6 minutes. If your team collapsed for 6 minutes and conceded 3 goals, do you still expect them to attack the opponent (who just scored 3 goals). IT doesn't sound likely; it sounds more like the case that liverpool should have killed Milan in regular time: 4-3 or 5-3 or something. But it didn't. 2) What can you tell about LIverpool's mentality? THat's right. They come here for a draw. From the very first minute. Once they got 3-3, what did they do? I try to tell myself that I"m only consoling myself but that's not the case; Liverpool has seldom troubled Milan at all during the game except for the 6 minutes, just to be plain honest. 3) As expected, during half time I told my friend that Liverpool will now throw in high ball in the hope that someone will get it. That's how the first goal is scored. That's fine; no luck. The second goal you got everyone napping and Dida making a blunder; ok no luck. Then you got a penalty (because Gattuso was punished for whatever the reason is), GOT SAVED, and scored again. The ball, upon being saved, went RIGHT INTO the foot of the penalty taker; it could have gone to row Z, behind, or any other place, but it went RIGHT INTO the foot of the penalty taker. Of course, I'm not saying that luck is not important. It is important, and luck is sometimes with you; sometimes against you. It's hugely disappointing, of course, but this is how a one-league game supposed to be. And by winning in that way, Liverpool has succeeded in coming back from 3-0 deficit; what people don't see is that they did exactly what the newspaper condemned italian football: that is, defensive football. It's interesting how people say Italian play defensive football which, in the end, it's the team that defends for 114 minutes that won. And to this, I will discard whatever we have discussed here, since this is a Chelsea thread. Last edited by Jeff; 08-08-2006 at 06:22. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
![]() |
[quote=Jim_UK]No, i'm not a scouser Dr M. Shame you weren't good enough to beat us in the F.A. Cup
![]() REPLY TO Jim _Uk ------------------------------------------------------- hey jim you guys are lucky matey ... i knew you were going to mention the fa cup though lol in the game i was actually supporting liverpool i dont like man u but know im starting to like man u more than you guys and no the champo league isnt the reason its just ive seen many ignorant fans
__________________
Abbiati Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini Flamini Pirlo Boateng Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
Why is it everytime Liverpool win it's down to luck or a fluke, but when the other team wins it's because they're a better team. I think people who consistently use this excuse are the ignorant ones Dr M.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
![]() |
I guess its me and Jamie vs. the world here. Just because Liverpool doesn't win convincingly or beuatifully doesn't mean they don't deserve to win. They are scrappy. They take their opprtunities when they come and they don't allow the opposition to get many opportunities. A good team needs to do that too. I will be rooting for Liverpool to finally topple Chelski and win the EPL.
|
|
|
|