AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 20:04   #31

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanna79
Hey!!!
Anyone going to the match? Arsenal vs Ac Milan and Ac Milan vs Arsenal?
Looking for people that want to go.
G
Im going to the Emirates and trying to pull some strings for tickets for the return game.
Ghost is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 21:47   #32

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
Surely mrki! I am all for it!! Flat screen tvs, wifi, pretty girls in short shorts and soccer jerseys serving "refreshments"....dru...any T&T capital to invest for a "sure shot" return?
No prob I WAS saving up to get me a WRX but the "Calcio Bar" sounds like more fun ...plus I can for free and use the profits to get a porsche
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 17-01-2008, 10:29   #33

jmacpherson

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2006
jmacpherson is on a distinguished road
Based on the Napoli game, Pato and even an unfit Ronaldo did something to the team.
There was something different about Milan in that game, there was a hunger and energy in the team that I haven't seen for ages.

More importantly, I saw smiles on the players faces. They were enjoying themselves.
What more could we ask for from them?

Arsenal are stuggling in the EPL, drawn the last 2 or 3 games and the goals have dried up.

But there are still 4 weeks until the game and in football, anything can happen.
We hadn't scored more than 3 goals at home this season and then we score five at home in one game, who would've thought.

In my opinion, Arsenal will probably be harder than any other team we could face up until the final or even in the final, if we make it that far.

I think we are in for 2 fantastic games.
jmacpherson is offline  
Old 17-01-2008, 18:11   #34

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
I just saw that v. Persie is injured, "for some weeks". Even if he does feature, he might not be at full strength. He hasn't played a lot this year, but obviously he is a pacy winger which could cause our defense some problems, so it could be a big loss for them.
jtelly is offline  
Old 17-01-2008, 18:21   #35

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
And he's a free kick master as well which could harm us alot, no doubt it good news for Milan (difenetely I was going to feel sorry for him if it was a seriouse injury).
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 21-01-2008, 15:05   #36

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly
I just saw that v. Persie is injured, "for some weeks". Even if he does feature, he might not be at full strength. He hasn't played a lot this year, but obviously he is a pacy winger which could cause our defense some problems, so it could be a big loss for them.
Persie has been out for over 3 months and it hasn't affected the team as much as I thought it would have. The main reason for this is Eduardo, the guy has a lethal left foot and very good pace. I can't remember the last game where he didn't score or assist at least one goal With a record of 11 goals in 14 appearances who would miss Persie? To me if Milan had to keep an eye on a player it would be Eduardo. Then again Adebayor has also improved this season and is excellent in the air, so the Milan defense will have to mark him really tight. The biggest problem for Milan is the formation - we all saw what they're capable of when Ka-Pa-Ro are on show but with this formation they can either play Gattuso or Ambro. If they decide to leave either one of them out then I feel it will open up the midfield which is exactly what Arsenal want.

The problem Arsenal have is freekicks as only Persie is the FK taker, however they have hired Beckham - the daddy of Fk takers and he's teaching them how to take them lol
Ghost is offline  
Old 21-01-2008, 21:33   #37

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Eduardo has scored lots of goals against second-tier teams. I think Milan's defense can cope against him. Not to say that he isn't dangerous, but I'd be much more afraid of a full v. persie than Eduardo. I agree with you on Adebayor, I actually at one point thought of him as an option for Milan because he is HUGE, can control the ball and hold it up, let the play develop. I'm much more concerned about him. I think he could get Gattuso into card trouble quite quickly.
jtelly is offline  
Old 21-01-2008, 22:53   #38

kawiki

Registered User
 
kawiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: kotabesar
Fave Players: il capitano
kawiki is on a distinguished road
I agree, adebayor has been developing much recently, but he doesn't have the ability to make a cracker shot (yet) unlike our forwards. But RvP can, that's why he's, when he's fit, is very dangerous.

IMO, the essence of their game is fluid passing with cesc, rosicky and hleb controlling the midfield. if we can put pressure on those three then we'll be able to atleast withheld their movement

The way I see it, the arsenal full back loves to overlap so much. So I hope we can exploit those area
kawiki is offline  
Old 22-01-2008, 19:43   #39

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Yes, very good analysis Kawiki. I definitely agree that by shutting the midfield 3 down, we can disrupt their style of play.
one note on adebayor and his shot, did you see his goal in the carling cup today-yowza!
jtelly is offline  
Old 22-01-2008, 20:45   #40

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly
Eduardo has scored lots of goals against second-tier teams. I think Milan's defense can cope against him. Not to say that he isn't dangerous, but I'd be much more afraid of a full v. persie than Eduardo. I agree with you on Adebayor, I actually at one point thought of him as an option for Milan because he is HUGE, can control the ball and hold it up, let the play develop. I'm much more concerned about him. I think he could get Gattuso into card trouble quite quickly.
Second tier teams? maybe but he's pretty strong in the CL because it always takes longer to adjust to the PL, this is the reason he's had a big impactwith the National Team. You do have a point about Persie however I feel when he does return he wont be match fit and that's the reason most likely it will have to be Eduardo upfront with Adebayor (maybe introducing persie after half time?). Ade has improved a lot over the past year or so but Milan should be able to keep him under control as long as they mark him tight, the defense should also notice that he doesn't use his left foot as much so everything he brings it back on to his right foot.

Adebayor does have power as you mentioned when talking about the goal today, it was similiar to the goal he scored against them in the league which was another cracker. All in all tonight has been a game to forget for all Arsenal fans but credit due to Spurs as they kept on coming and good luck to them in the final.
Ghost is offline  
Old 26-01-2008, 09:29   #41

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I have some hopes in Ronaldo beying much fitter for that game then he is now and he is always dangerous even with 75 % fitness.

The thing that worries me isthat Oddo is horrible and we lack runs by Bonera to spread Pirlo's play. Also ,mMarek hasnt played for a while and who knows in which kind of a form he will be.

Pirlo-Rino-Ambro-Seedorf-KAka' can dominate any midfield, I only hope fullbacks and Dida can get their things together for Emirates stadion. In San Siro we never failed to win in knock out rounds of CL. In fact, Milan NEVER failed to qualify when the 2nd leg was in SS. Never in 50 years.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 26-01-2008, 12:35   #42

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Mrki dude you got issues, everything you said has been more or less your opinion. To me whatever you said has been a joke and thats all, you should look up to the 'higher status' members at Milanmania and Jeff has clearly put you in your place.

You should learn to respect other fans like you want to be respected yourself, be it a 'great' 'good' or a 'small' club - a club is a club.

This game will still be a cracker, Milan haven't played this type of opposition before.
Ghost is offline  
Old 26-01-2008, 12:47   #43

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I also think what two of you said is a complete joke and it comes from defending an english club and lack of football reality ( read: results ). But lets stop at those last posts. I offer peace and a future to show how Arsenal and Milan will play those games. I dont want to put you " in your place"( as I am, to you, a man who knows noly word"history" and a lunatic from balkans who hates england sa one england poster insulted me here before) right now, as you said to me. You showed you are true "gentleman". Older posters simply dont care about posts like "arsenal is as big as Milan", but to me it hurts my eyes.

In te post above yours I said milan has some problems but if we can get it right we can dominate every team in Europe, which has been proven I think. Or you thhink it hasnt? It will be a cracker for sure, Im not doubting that.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau

Last edited by mrki; 26-01-2008 at 12:51.
mrki is offline  
Old 26-01-2008, 15:49   #44

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
I'm not trying to be harsh on you what so ever and in a kind way I don't understand your English one bit, not implying that mine is perfect.

You clearly don't like England and people from here as you think all we do is drink beer and throw abuse at everyone. Just to end this I agree with whatever you say, England has never won a World Cup and doesn't contain a club which has won the CL.

From now on lets just keep it strictly for the game.

Arsenal had another half decent game today and for me Adebayor was MOM, the upfront partnership is working excellent with Eduardo (theres me thinking Croatians were rubbish at football) this guy certainly knows how to dribble, shoot and pass.
Ghost is offline  
Old 27-01-2008, 00:53   #45

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
No team can defeat Arsenal when they're playing at their best (like what they've been showing lately), except Milan at their best (like what we've been doing when we reach the knock-off stage)
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.