AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

View Poll Results: Whic striker/forward you want this summer for ACM?
Karim Benzema 21 27.27%
David Villa 3 3.90%
Dimitaar Berbetov 3 3.90%
Didier Drogba 10 12.99%
Klas Jan Huntelaar 13 16.88%
Samuel Eto'o 5 6.49%
Mario Gomez 7 9.09%
Emanuel Aderbayor 2 2.60%
Fredik Kanoute 0 0%
Ronaldinho 10 12.99%
Luis Fabiao 1 1.30%
some one else 2 2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-2008, 23:40   #31

Kaka--7thUCL

Registered User
 
Kaka--7thUCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Location: Germany
Fave Players: R10 Boban Van Basten Kaka Forlan Pirlo R9 Sheva
Kaka--7thUCL is on a distinguished road
I gave my vote to etoo hes proven world class material, and I think he'd do great with kaka? He's always needed a pacey forward up there with him (kaka) or someone he can go on a two man counter attack with I'm almost positive the only player at milan who has any chance of keeping up with him if they were to ever break away would be pato so we definitely need more pace, especially on our wings but i'll save it for a different thread none the less etoo got my vote. probably benzema my best alternative.
__________________
Es gibt keine Mannschaft wie Mailand!

Träumen Sie Mannschaft:
Attack:Henry
Mid1:R10,K22
Mid2:Robben,Ballack,Gerrard,C.Ronaldo
Def:Terry,Nesta,Puyol
GK:Casillas
Kaka--7thUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:29   #32

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Here's my take on the "candidates":
Benzema: Many good qualities: He's young, strong, has good technique, EU-passport. , However he's only had one good (or great) season and he lacks experience. The biggest turn-off, though, is his price-tag - and the fact that he won't move on this summer.
Villa: Technically the best of these forward (bar R10), a great track record and can move fairly cheap due to Valencia's situation. But he's really more of a support striker and the word on the street is that were looking for a genuine center forward.
Berbatov: Technically good, but he's never really impressed and is very, very inconsistent. And not much of a workhorse either.
Drogba: Strong as an ox and a nightmare for any defender when he's in the mood. But first of all he's only had one great season (06/07), and he's getting on a bit in years. His attitude, however, is what i'm most sceptic about.
Huntelaar: A fantastic goals-to-games ratio and he's only 25. But if any of you remeber Mateja Kezman, then you'll know not to blindly trust a striker from the Eredivisie. He might turn out to be the new van Nistelrooij, but there's also the risk he'll flop like Kezman, or Kuijt.
Eto'o: IMO the best striker in the world, but he won't come cheap. I don't agree that he's wasteful, but either way you'll get someone who, besides being a good box-player, also participates in the build-up. Just hope he doesn't go to jail for the next five years!
Gómez: Of all the targetmen I prefer "Mr. Reliable". Over the past two years he's been the best striker outside of the big 3 leagues. Good finisher and, for his size, good technique and speed.
Adebayor: Like Benzema has just had his first stand-out season, but unlike the frenchman, I don't see him being a real superstar. The most wasteful of all these players, by far, and like Drogs and Eto'o he's a bit, er, eccentric.
Kanouté: A bit too old, plus he's really more of a supporting striker.
Ronaldinho: Not really a striker, so he probably doesn't belong here - though I fear Galliani's counting him as one. Even if he won't quite reach his level of 2005, I'd still sign him, preferably along with a real striker.
Fabiano: Has a great record of scoring both in Brazil and Spain - but will he cope in Italy. Also his temper is explosive - to put it mildly.
Ceceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:37   #33

ShockeY

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2007
ShockeY is on a distinguished road
Drogba...or Eto`o
ShockeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:57   #34

zakakhan

Registered User
 
zakakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Kaka,Messi,Pirlo,Ballack,Pato,Tavez
zakakhan is on a distinguished road
Berbatov and villa
zakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:19   #35

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Hands down Mario Gomez... but I'm not sure if Galliani will go for him. I just don't want to see a joker like Adebayor or Eto'o... Adebayor literally misses 9 out of 10 shots he makes...
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:09   #36

Maevious

Registered User
 
Maevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: NYC
Fave Players: Giovanni & Marco Van Basten
Maevious is an unknown quantity at this point
Villa will be a bust in Serie A.
Gomez is very skillful but not proven for Milan's level yet.
Berbatov will cost much more than he's worth.
Benzema same thing.
Eto'o is injury prone and Serie A is much tougher than La Liga (and much more difficult for strikers since they don't have lots of space).

so my choice is...
Didier Drogba, proven, amazingly skillful, exactly the type of player we need and "custom made" for Serie A matches.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
FORZA OLYMPIAKOS!
Maevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:32   #37

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Maevious, you may very well be right. I heard that Chelsea is allowing talks to open for Drogba...

http://www.goal.com/en-US/articolo.a...enutoid=727656

According to this article, it looks like we won't bring Shevchenko back.

Either way, Drogba is fine for me... as long as he puts his ego away.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 13:51   #38

nestaran_kaka

Registered User
 
nestaran_kaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: Cyberjaya, Selangor Malaysia
Fave Players: KaKa and Nesta
nestaran_kaka is on a distinguished road
ya good an idea for your title..i want and hopefully ronaldinho play for ac milan this season...come on ronaldinho..come
nestaran_kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:17   #39

Ree_zq

Registered User
 
Ree_zq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Penghujung Sumatra
Fave Players: Maldini
Ree_zq is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I just don't want to see a joker like Adebayor or Eto'o... Adebayor literally misses 9 out of 10 shots he makes...
From my point of view, Eto'o is a world-class striker
miss shot is a common case of striker.
Even adebayor misses 9 shot, at least he scored many goals last season

I prefer Eto'o and Adebayor
__________________
MG
Ree_zq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:07   #40

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree_zq View Post
From my point of view, Eto'o is a world-class striker
miss shot is a common case of striker.
Even adebayor misses 9 shot, at least he scored many goals last season

I prefer Eto'o and Adebayor
Well I have changed my mind since then, I don't think Eto'o is a joker... and I think he can score well... but lets be realistic... we're not getting either.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:23   #41

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
I dont know, I guess I'm more nostalgic to the great old days and have always envisioned a Milan striker to be someone like Marco van Basten---tall, physical, yet graceful and can perform magic with the football. I would have liked Ibra if it wasnt for his attitude problem, but who knows maybe Berbatov fits the bill? From what I have seen, his style does resemble (a little bit) the great Marco.

But then of course, Galliani will come out and give us the usual BS---"He's too expensive" "We cant compete with anyone anymore, serie a sucks" "Spurs dont want to sell" "We have Boriello, he scored 19 goals" "We offered 10M, but they want 30" and the list goes on and on.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:18   #42

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Benzema is the top choice for me. But he will not leave this summer I am sure. Eto'o second choice, villa third.

I vote for Eto'o since it is this summer. Although I rather wait and bring in Benzema next season.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:28   #43

e-Milan

Registered User
 
e-Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
e-Milan is on a distinguished road
well kris, I hope some surprise from the Management, just like when we all expected Canna to come, then suddenly Nesta who showed up.
e-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:40   #44

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Milan View Post
well kris, I hope some surprise from the Management, just like when we all expected Canna to come, then suddenly Nesta who showed up.
I don't expect that. I expect us to get Ronaldinho when the price is right... That is no surprise. Any other big one will come next year.

If there is a surprise, then that is a low key one. for sure it would be nice with some new young blood...
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 15:30   #45

dim4e91

Registered User
 
dim4e91's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
Location: Скопје MACEDONIA
Fave Players: kaka pirlo nesta maldini gatusso
dim4e91 is on a distinguished road
I expect our transfer directors to start think for the future and buy yang player like Huntelar or Adebayor or Mario Gomes (I think the best solution because his price is lower but I dont think that hi is in a bad form and we should buy next Birof) but it will be not bad decision to get beck our former dtriker Hernan Crespo!!
__________________
dim4e91 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.