AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-2009, 08:23   #31

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
I want Pato and Pippo/Huntelaar up front.

Borriello will not win a battle of muscle with Lucio. He won't be effective. A player like Pippo and Huntelaar is Lucio's worst nightmare. He has to constantly be aware of their movements, and that would leave space for Ronaldinho and Pato. Borriello would be very predictable and it would just take a physical effort to beat him, whereas Pippo is mental torture for defenders.

A midfield of Flamini/Ambro, Pirlo, Gattuso is a given. I really don't mind either Flam or Ambro.

I have good feelings about this game. We usually **** up defensively, but this time we have Nesta/Thiago Silva. Let's hope we manage to score early and play on the counter.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 09:08   #32

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
Don't go around and underestimate Inter. This Inter team have our number as we could see in the preseason games. They are a dull boring team with two effective strikers that have little support and are full of defensively sound players. I believe the biggest thing speaking for us though is that Cambiasso is missing, he has been great in all games against us and will leave a hole in their midfield.

Also we need Borriello or Huntelaar to open up some space for Pato, if we chicken out and play him alone upfront then I believe we will suffer.
100%. R80 was shut down because of him in the pre season.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 09:52   #33

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I'd play Huntelaar or Pippo in this one. I don't see the point in playing Borriello as physically we can't compete with Inter. Instead, Huntelaar or Pippo can play on the shoulder of the last Inter defender (I suspect Inter won't play very deep) opening spaces up for the other attackers.

What is really important is to dominate in midfield with our technical ability, meaning we hold the ball and frustrate Inter.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 11:23   #34

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
I agree with Brk and Acmilan1983 about Pippo/Hunter starting with Pato up front.

Maybe even give Pippo 90 mins as he's the best player in the world to take those assists Ronaldinho has been giving our strikers. Pato still misses too much, Hunter still has to gel with them and Borriello still sucks.

For the rest, I think we shouldn't change our gameplay. Leonardo has his best 11 and he should play them.

Storari
Zambr-Nesta-Thiago-Janku
Rino-Pirlo-Flamini
Ronaldinho
Pato-Pippo
El Fre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 12:35   #35

the_eels

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2006
the_eels is on a distinguished road
I would get shot for saying this, but please remember that I mean it in the best over way possible. Here goes: "I hope that we lose to Inter"

I feel that there is an unhealthy hype already with beginnings of unrealistic expectations for the season. I know most of the folks here are level headed and would not fall for it but the unhealthy levels of hype. This can build if Milan beat Inter which cannot be good for the rest of the season. Cannot imagine how much higher the hype will increase if we open up a 5 point lead against Inter. The media will be all over it.

I would prefer the squad to remain humble and perform to the best of its abilities quietly and sneak up at the last moment Zac-style.

I continue to believe that Milan is in transition and would take a couple of years to come back. Trust Berlu and Galliani, they make plenty of errors but a lot of good decisions too.
the_eels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 12:45   #36

Gule-Pirlo

Registered User
 
Gule-Pirlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Pirlo,Bierhoff,Maldini,Nesta,Kaka..
Gule-Pirlo is on a distinguished road
I don't know why Leonardo is putting Borriello in the first 11.He is miserable both with the legs and with the head.
__________________
Ratep con che tipo di shampoo vi lavate i capelli?
Fatto il tuo u caduta dei capelli o ti radi la testa?
Ci auguriamo che si capirŕ il senso dell'umorismo e non sarŕ arrabbiato.


Gule-Pirlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 13:37   #37

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
This derby is all depending on Leo's approach of the game. this kind of games needs experience and needs steel nerves. its not the players you choose will decide the result its how you control the game as unit and how to take advantage of the chances you create. honestly i am looking for a draw. but winning this game will give us a huge huge moral boost
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 13:39   #38

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
I would like to see the following to start the match (4-3-1-2):

----------------Huntelaar--------------Pato----------------
----------------------------Dinho--------------------------
----------Flamini------------Pirlo----------------Abate------
----Antonini---------Silva---------Nesta-----------Zambrotta----


Zambrotta is going to need to stay focused defensively so I'm hoping Abate is going to get the chance to run that wing. On the left side Jankulovski MUST be taken off for this one. Maicon will eat him for dinner on both sides of the field. Antonini has the ability to play both sides just like Zambro. He can defend which is 10 steps above Janku.

As early as it is, 5 points up on Inter will be a great start if we can pull down all the points.
This is pretty much the lineup i would use except i think that Antonini is better at RB than he is at LB so i would switch him and Zambro. Other than that this lineup gives us some good speed and we always have Pippo if we need a late score
pirlofanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 14:27   #39

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eels View Post
I would get shot for saying this, but please remember that I mean it in the best over way possible. Here goes: "I hope that we lose to Inter"

I feel that there is an unhealthy hype already with beginnings of unrealistic expectations for the season. I know most of the folks here are level headed and would not fall for it but the unhealthy levels of hype. This can build if Milan beat Inter which cannot be good for the rest of the season. Cannot imagine how much higher the hype will increase if we open up a 5 point lead against Inter. The media will be all over it.

I would prefer the squad to remain humble and perform to the best of its abilities quietly and sneak up at the last moment Zac-style.

I continue to believe that Milan is in transition and would take a couple of years to come back. Trust Berlu and Galliani, they make plenty of errors but a lot of good decisions too.
No, I think you're wrong. The difference between Zac's team and this one is that this team is actually depressed and is playing far worse than they should because of a lack of confidence. Zac's team just got lucky and clinical. We could certainly use the confidence, and 5 points this early is a good way to start. You're logic is very flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
This is pretty much the lineup i would use except i think that Antonini is better at RB than he is at LB so i would switch him and Zambro. Other than that this lineup gives us some good speed and we always have Pippo if we need a late score
Inter would destroy a midfield of Flam/Pirlo/Abate. We need as much muscle as we can afford. Or maybe i'm being too much of a coward?
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI

Last edited by brk; 25-08-2009 at 14:36.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 14:30   #40

spina_don

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: USA
Fave Players: pato, Kaka, Essien, Julio Caesar
spina_don is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
I would like to see the following to start the match (4-3-1-2):

----------------Huntelaar--------------Pato----------------
----------------------------Dinho--------------------------
----------Flamini------------Pirlo----------------Abate------
----Antonini---------Silva---------Nesta-----------Zambrotta----

.
Good line up..However, Gattuso of all people cannot be out of the line up..His fighting power and constant pressure will definitely be needed
spina_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 14:42   #41

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
No Pato alone upfront, Leonardo doesn't play that way and thank God for that. As for Borriello, I think he lost all of his qualities (if he had any) after his injury. One thing I've noticed in pre-season matches and form the highlight from Siena match that he's never in the box! He's suppose to be a center forward and Pato is much more in the box than him. Does he lack of pace or fitness after the injury so he's late in the box when he receives and pass the ball at 30 meters form goal?!
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 14:52   #42

sheva-gila

Registered User
 
sheva-gila's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: kosovo
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
No Pato alone upfront, Leonardo doesn't play that way and thank God for that. As for Borriello, I think he lost all of his qualities (if he had any) after his injury. One thing I've noticed in pre-season matches and form the highlight from Siena match that he's never in the box! He's suppose to be a center forward and Pato is much more in the box than him. Does he lack of pace or fitness after the injury so he's late in the box when he receives and pass the ball at 30 meters form goal?!
you cant call him a box player and he isnt naturaly none pato is I think leo dosnt like box players
__________________
AC MILAN


sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 15:27   #43

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would play the same lineup as vs siena! with seedorf, huntelaar and max or abate coming on as subs!
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 16:22   #44

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
we will need seedorf in this one.. his experience and ball keep is vital for this game
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 17:03   #45

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
The only way I see Seedorf playing is if Pato is alone up front. Which might actually happen, come to think of it...
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.