AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 19:22   #436

Metalliam

Registered User
 
Metalliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Banbury, England
Fave Players: Kaka', Gattuso
Metalliam is on a distinguished road
Over the two legs, Arsenal deserved it. Overall, we were just not good enough - perhaps Arsenal was a bad matchup for us overall? A few observations:

1). Pato does not yet look ready for the CL. It's not his fault - he is thrust into the team because he's the best we have right now -and I am sure in time he's going to be a star...but right now he's not ready to change games at the very highest level.

2). Pirlo was terrible over both legs. So many poor passes in leg 1, and just unbelievably bad in leg 2. I'm sure he's ready to admit this, and I have faith in him to return to his best.

3). Kaka' is nowhere near fit. I would put him at perhaps 40%.

4). When our style of play doesn't work, there is no backup plan. Pirlo should've been hooked off at HT today but there was no one capable of attempting his role on the bench. Our squad is seriously lacking, and C.A. suffers as a result because he has very little options if he wants to change things. It was laughable to see Emerson warm up when we really needed a different kind of infusion.

The great thing about following a club such as Milan is that there will always be new signings if it is clear that this is necessary. Mercato should be fun!

Forza Milan! Thanks for #7!
Metalliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 19:25   #437

jcastagn

Registered User
 
jcastagn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
jcastagn is on a distinguished road
Sad, but not surprised. We haven't looked like scoring goals for a while now. Ronaldo being out really messed up what our management had in mind. We'll see what happens this summer with the squad. I like Carlo and think he should stay, but I think the management should give him the players he wants, ie Ribery, Toni. Hopefully Juve will not make the CL and maybe will want to leav Buffon??
jcastagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 19:36   #438

Acmir^

Registered User
 
Acmir^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
Acmir^ is on a distinguished road
wow a deserved defeat it's so deserved i don't have words, they beat us without 2 of their best players: Van Persie and Rosicky imagine what would have happened if those 2 played, but that doesn't matter we didn't show will and character to win this game it's like we never really cared if we would win or not.
we need young players because this team is finished, i just hope we won't need many years to get back to our winning days
__________________
A.C. MILAN & F.K. VARDAR

Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful!
Acmir^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 19:43   #439

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Galliani says there is no need for changes. Lets belive the bald man...lol
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 19:49   #440

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen Pirlo play so poorly; bad passes EVERYWHERE. Our best option in the second half of the first half was to just thump it up; we are really lacking in the midfield when he's not on, and more and more I just don't see it. Pato needs time, time to find his best spot, time to relax and get comfortable. Maldini was genius again, I'm so glad that I got to see his final european match. Kaka' tried, but he's nowhere near fit. I'm starting to get concerned about his feelings with Milan, I have never seen him look so frustrated and unhappy (especially bouncing the ball and a few niggly fouls). Gattuso is NOT a right-sided midfielder that will bring anything to the offense. Another invisible performance from Gila when brought on, and sadly Pippo seems to be past it.
All in all, inevitable. Let's push for fourth and bring in the next generation.
jtelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 19:49   #441

mrmilanno

Registered User
 
mrmilanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
mrmilanno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalliam
Over the two legs, Arsenal deserved it. Overall, we were just not good enough - perhaps Arsenal was a bad matchup for us overall? A few observations:

1). Pato does not yet look ready for the CL. It's not his fault - he is thrust into the team because he's the best we have right now -and I am sure in time he's going to be a star...but right now he's not ready to change games at the very highest level.

2). Pirlo was terrible over both legs. So many poor passes in leg 1, and just unbelievably bad in leg 2. I'm sure he's ready to admit this, and I have faith in him to return to his best.

3). Kaka' is nowhere near fit. I would put him at perhaps 40%.

4). When our style of play doesn't work, there is no backup plan. Pirlo should've been hooked off at HT today but there was no one capable of attempting his role on the bench. Our squad is seriously lacking, and C.A. suffers as a result because he has very little options if he wants to change things. It was laughable to see Emerson warm up when we really needed a different kind of infusion.

The great thing about following a club such as Milan is that there will always be new signings if it is clear that this is necessary. Mercato should be fun!

Forza Milan! Thanks for #7!
You are so right. I totaly agree with you.
mrmilanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 20:27   #442

Trequartista

Registered User
 
Trequartista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Fave Players: Gattuso, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pato,Shevchenko
Trequartista is on a distinguished road
whats bad about this defeat is that galliani blaming it on world club championship and that it is not an end of the an era when clearly we need new signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmilanno

You are so right. I totaly agree with you.
__________________
Forza Milan

Last edited by Trequartista; 04-03-2008 at 20:34.
Trequartista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 20:38   #443

curry chicken

Registered User
 
curry chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Location: Toronto
curry chicken is on a distinguished road
The game had it's moments where I thought if Milan continued to focus and pressure Arsenal like that we could have had the upper hand and really imposed ourselves. But we didn't. Pirlo is the shock of the night for me and watching the team's tired, poor advances in the second-half was just..well, I've been spoiled rotten by this team with the CL last year and the CWC, so I don't even feel right complaining. But damn, it hurts losing at the SS man.

The best thing about the game tonight was the defending, the tifosi and Capitano pulling out a solid, worthy performance of his last European game. I think Pato learned a great lesson in big game football today and he has the rest of his career to fight for and lift a CL trophy.

I'm not gonna call for Carlo's head because I think he did what he could with the players he has. We'll see what happens in the summer. 4th place first though..

oh and as always Forza Milan. We'll just have to come back stronger and have them all shaking in their Adidas again now, won't we?

Last edited by curry chicken; 04-03-2008 at 21:02.
curry chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 20:47   #444

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations to Arsenal, they deserved to go through.

I won't comment the match now or post technical thoughts.
I just say that these are the moments for everyone to be a true fan. I love this jersey, and from this defeat we can start to build up a new future and a new era.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 21:12   #445

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Yap ! My respect on Arsenal considering their performance on both home & away match against us

Congrats to cescvanpersie and other arsenal fans who dropped by at MM.
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 21:15   #446

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Well, I think i have something similar to the Egytian dude, numbers of things making me sad... Reading the Anthony Robins book to lift me up, but boy, this defeat really brings me down... top it all off, my gf is giving **** for not telling her why i woke up so early to watch the recorded game!!! Sometimes you wish u were single...

Well, i think as everyone has said, Arsenal deserved to win, and they did.

I think for us, it was hoping against all hope, hoping for a fairytale journey and ending for Maldini - but like someone said in this forum, we can't have the 06/07 season every season, and true enough, we can't...

The thing i really hate - is that i just read Galliani coming up with yet another lame excuse - we paid for the World Club Cup - i've said before, would appreciate just him admit that the errors in not signing reinforcements - even doing something in the winter market would have help tremendously. The more i see his lame excuses, the blame points more to him, rather than the coach or players...

Good thing about this defeat - almost every Milan fan has the same thinking - partly sad that we lost - partly relieve that now it's proven we need new players & forces the management's arm....

I also see our future symbol of the club, king kaka, finally making bold statements, we need reinforcements, and the club must sign new players this summer. We've got the best player on the planet, but football is about 11 players, not just 1...

It's only March, and the season is over. And guess what, there could be more pain is we fail to get our much coveted 4th spot...
zafrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 21:22   #447

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen Pirlo play so poorly; bad passes EVERYWHERE. Our best option in the second half of the first half was to just thump it up; we are really lacking in the midfield when he's not on, and more and more I just don't see it.
Pirlo has the tendency to lose the ball in midfield that leads to a lot of goals - especially when he is pressured. Today, was another case.

But if you notice - Pirlo only get pressured when he has no options - and opponents press/pressure him deep into the midfield...

But he was rested - but still looked tired for this game - clearly no where near fit...

Sigh... my mind is all over the place-- not sure if what i'm saying makes sense..

logging off... it still hurts
zafrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 22:14   #448

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Pirlo was totally pressed by Hleb. Clear thing Pirlo made mistake caused Hleb pressure when he missed short passed just few yards infront of milan box to Adebayor.

Decent tactic by Wenger i guess
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 22:44   #449

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
Congratulations to Arsenal, they deserved to go through.

I won't comment the match now or post technical thoughts.
I just say that these are the moments for everyone to be a true fan. I love this jersey, and from this defeat we can start to build up a new future and a new era.
C'e vero. Milan ti amo sempre.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 23:32   #450

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its really hard to take I guess we should SUCK it up & hope for the Scudetto this season I know it would be a miracle but then again Arsenal winning against ACM in the San Siro is too a bigger miracle
I don't know why we lost? But I think its a bit kick on our backs just like Bayern suffered last season & then got better, now its ACM turn I guess. Any way thats was the end of Champions League for me this season & it would go down as one of the darkest Champions Leagues in history as there would be no ACM in the later stages

Any way its a very tough time & hope for the best next season
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.