AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-08-2006, 18:24   #466

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
At first glance it looks as if we overpaid for him.
GilAttack [11] is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:33   #467

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilAttack [11]
At first glance it looks as if we overpaid for him.
yes, that's exactly my opinion as well ... but we'll know better when the official details are out and better yet - when we see him play for Milan.
My guess is that there might be a misinformation on the currency - from what I know so far, we have paid 11-12 mil BP + Vogel ... tomorrow it could trun out to be that it's actually 11-12 mil euro + Vogel, which I think is a fair price for RO, and Vogel must be worth at least 3-5 mil, IMO.
Let's wait and see what it is.
zlatanov is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:35   #468

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
if so, another thing to miss from Vogel is that, he was Gourcuff's "tutor" since he is the only player in the first team who speaks French...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:36   #469

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
So does Billy
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:41   #470

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
if so, another thing to miss from Vogel is that, he was Gourcuff's "tutor" since he is the only player in the first team who speaks French...
I wouldn't be worried about this, the guy is very young and time is on his side ... people at his age should be able to understand pretty well in about half a year to a year of living among Italians.
I am more concerned about who would Vogel's replacement be, as Ambro's fitness is quite questionable plus he lacks the vision and playmaking skills of Vogel.
I would actually expect a surprise tomorrow
zlatanov is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:42   #471

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quite frankly, I dont care what we may have paid for him. This Management arent going to invest their money in someone like Tevez anyway. Im a Milan fan, I dont care about bank ballances, all Im concerned with is success on the pitch and seeing great players wearing the shirt.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:45   #472

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Zlatanov, I wish I was so optimistic. The lack of action on the market has really made me sick and the Olivera transfer isnt confirmed yet either. Im ery dissapointed at the neglect the club is suffering.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:49   #473

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
I think it's difficult for us to determine whether or not Milan overpaid for him at this point. If you listened to Ancelotti, he believes that Oliveira is an excellent compliment to Gila and Pippo. We need to trust his judgement. Anyway, I'll be very happy if this news is confirmed tomorrow by the club.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:50   #474

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C
Zlatanov, I wish I was so optimistic. The lack of action on the market has really made me sick and the Olivera transfer isnt confirmed yet either. Im ery dissapointed at the neglect the club is suffering.
I was really expecting other kind of moves (instead of "no" moves) considering we lost Sheva and Calciopoli (our management costed us 8 points and almost our UCL place).

Obviously we are going to still support the team but I feel they didnt do their job, although they still have time.

And its sad that when all is said and done, we blame the players and Carlo for not winning this and that. Its time we start questioning our management and not give them a free pass.
GilAttack [11] is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:53   #475

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilAttack [11]
I was really expecting other kind of moves (instead of "no" moves) considering we lost Sheva and Calciopoli (our management costed us 8 points and almost our UCL place).

Obviously we are going to still support the team but I feel they didnt do their job, although they still have time.

And its sad that when all is said and done, we blame the players and Carlo for not winning this and that. Its time we start questioning our management and not give them a free pass.
I think it's too early to assume that Milan won't win anything this year, even if no more players are brought in. Plus, there will be a plethora of deals completed tomorrow. Maybe Milan will be involved in another.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:57   #476

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
I think it's too early to assume that Milan won't win anything this year, even if no more players are brought in. Plus, there will be a plethora of deals completed tomorrow. Maybe Milan will be involved in another.
OK, but lets talk before the deadline: are you happy with our current squad? Are you going to give our offseason thumbs up if we only manage to capture Oliveira?
GilAttack [11] is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 18:58   #477

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
guys, if you think that in my dreams, this is what I envisioned as the perfect transfers, trust me you are way off the mark.
I just remind myself that there isn;t really anything I can do about this and try to find the positive in what is anyway going to happen, whether I like it or not.
zlatanov is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 19:31   #478

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilAttack [11]
OK, but lets talk before the deadline: are you happy with our current squad? Are you going to give our offseason thumbs up if we only manage to capture Oliveira?
Considering the situation, yes, I would be satisfied. Obviously there are players that we, as well as the Milan management, would have liked to see move to Milan. But considering the scandal and the uncertainty surrounding the verdict and European qualification, we can't expect this to be a normal transfer season. Remember, Milan can't just snap its fingers and have everything we want. There are negotiations with other clubs and with the players themselves. Many possible targets signed elsewhere because there was a chance not only that Milan would not be in the Champions League, but might be relegated. So yes, under the circumstances, I will be very happy if Oliveira signs, even if nobody else does. It's not the end of the world. Even with the squad as it is -- without Oliveira -- odds are that Milan will advance to the knockout phase of the Champions League, challenge for the Scudetto despite the penalty, and finish high enough to qualify for the Champions League again next year. And even if Milan had brought in Tevez, Torres, Ronaldinho, Gallas, Oddo and half a dozen others, there would be no guarantees. I don't know about everyone else, but I will support any player who wears the Milan jersey and if this doesn't prove to be the greatest season in Milan history, I will remain confidence that next year will be better.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 19:42   #479

JohnAceDK

Registered User
 
JohnAceDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: OC, DK
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Kaká...
JohnAceDK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
.... I don't know about everyone else, but I will support any player who wears the Milan jersey and if this doesn't prove to be the greatest season in Milan history, I will remain confidence that next year will be better.
Well spoken!
JohnAceDK is offline  
Old 30-08-2006, 21:10   #480

Sleep

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: Pirlo, Vicente, Joaquin, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Pato
Sleep is on a distinguished road
I support Milan, but I don't think I will support every one. For example if Drogba, Ruud, Lampard, Joe Cole came Milan, I wouldn't support them but still support Milan.

if we get Oliveira with a cheaper price <P10M only>, I think it's not a bad summer. if we don't get Oliveira, it's still a good summer. But if we get him with E17M + Vogel, it will really make me mad, because we could get Sneijder with that price last year, or this summer.
Sleep is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.