AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2006, 10:58   #481

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
yes, we need players like Hleb that can play fast transition. something that seedorf cant do anymore.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:13   #482

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
*cough* Argentine trio *cough* ... Maxi, Tevez, Mascherano *splutter*
I'll cough with you all day on that one. Can't think of anything I would like better.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:30   #483

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
*cough* Argentine trio *cough* ... Maxi, Tevez, Mascherano *splutter*



You're right Zlatanov, Diarra isn't a necessity outright. But if we want the team to evolve, then i think he and Maxi are needed. We have too many midfielders who are similar ... Brocchi, Ambrosini, Vogel, Gattuso ... even Seedorf and Pirlo are similar in some respects ... there's not a great deal of variation in this group.

Without variation of some kind we're just too predictable
I agree with you. My point was that if we fail to qualify for CL, a move for any player, even a striker, who would cost us 20-30 mil or above, would almost surely be put in the archives for next year.
In an ideal case, there are a couple of players I would like to see join our midfield - Diarra/Mascherano and Ze Roberto. Should Foggia be loaned out, one of Mancini/Malouda/Maxi would also be welcomed, I guess ... and maybe let Janku and Vogel/Brocchi go.

P.S. take it easy on the coughing so that you don't have to take a second look at your lunch

Last edited by zlatanov; 16-08-2006 at 11:37.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:34   #484

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
We will not get Maxi for the same reason we didnt go for Cristiano Ronaldo; Milan dont play with wingers.

In yesterdays hearing of the Calciopoli, Berlusconi was asked "who will be the surprise transfer?" and he answered "I am willing to spend anything to get a striker". This is on an arabic acmilan forum www.acmilanclub.com

I wonder if we will get the players we really want with these few days remaining.
gotta love those words ... especially the "anything" part
as for Maxi, he is a very versatile player and, unlike CR who can play on the wing, Maxi could also play in either Gattuso's or Seedorf's position in the current Diamond formation. And, as mrki suggested, he could a support mid too. His versatility could prove more than enough for Milan to go after him, we'll see.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:37   #485

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
It's a pitty that we don't like to play with wingers.
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 12:32   #486

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
yes, and Maxi can play decent defence too. At this moment, with this form, he is ahead of seedorf as far as im concerned. He can play Lm, RM, LW, RW. has phisical presence and technique.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 12:39   #487

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
And for being a midfielder, he scores a lot.

Last edited by GilAttack [11]; 16-08-2006 at 14:17.
GilAttack [11] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 12:42   #488

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Tavano sold to Valencia . I was hoping we'd buy him, I really thought he could have filled Sheva's shoes. I wish him luck and will follow him at Valencia closely cuz I really like the guy. He will be leading our attack at the Euro 08 along with Cassano.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 16:10   #489

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
With Valencia buying Tavano, will they also buy Martins ? I'm not so sure. It's also a bold move by Tavano, it's not like the other Italian players who have gone to Valencia (Fiore, Di Vaio, Corradi) have done exceptionally well.

The thing i like about Maxi is that he's not a typical winger, as already pointed out he has a physical presence that most wingers don't have. True versatility is always a good thing.

He'd be a great signing.

Isn't Sobis in action tonight ? I'm sure our members from Brazil (and anyone else who can see the match) will keep us informed of his display.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 20:51   #490

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
We will not get Maxi for the same reason we didnt go for Cristiano Ronaldo; Milan dont play with wingers.

In yesterdays hearing of the Calciopoli, Berlusconi was asked "who will be the surprise transfer?" and he answered "I am willing to spend anything to get a striker". This is on an arabic acmilan forum www.acmilanclub.com

I wonder if we will get the players we really want with these few days remaining.
Sometimes I wonder whether we should have secured the services of another top class striker BEFORE letting Sheva join Chelsea. Or at the very least, we could have got Chelsea to give us "a hand" in signing a replacement. With only two weeks to go til the end of the transfer season, the last thing we want is managment scrambling to sign a striker....
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 23:01   #491

minhduc

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2006
minhduc is on a distinguished road
If someone is interested in Diarra development, there seems to be no interestfro Milan and Diarra expressed desire to move to Real Madrid. However, Lyon rejected an Euro 20m offer from RM and demanded 35m. Lyon also made noise oven how Real contected Diarra.

May be we can step in with 25m.
minhduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 00:23   #492

Josh-Sheva

Registered User
 
Josh-Sheva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Sheva, Ron, Gila, Kaka, Lampard
Josh-Sheva is on a distinguished road
? Milan just "stepping in" with 25M when Real have contacted the player and nearly made negotiations? And when the player said he dreams of Real? I don't think so
__________________
Gourcuff- UnBeAtaBlEBeat Him
Josh-Sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 01:56   #493

Tony Soprano

Registered User
 
Tony Soprano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: New York, New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, & Kaka
Tony Soprano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhduc
May be we can step in with 25m.
25M. Have we gone mad! Sheva went to Chelski for 30M, why would we spend nearly all of that on Diarra? I've been a fan of his, but no to the extent were I believe he is among the best in the world. He wants to go to Real anyways, so I don't see any chance of him coming to Milan. Lyon won't even negotiate with us unless we start a bid at 45M
Tony Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 02:42   #494

Sleep

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: Pirlo, Vicente, Joaquin, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Pato
Sleep is on a distinguished road
Shevchenko is P30M, this is E25M. But E25M is too expensive too. I don't like diarra, so I will nerver think of him if he costs more tham E15M. With E25M we can surely get Mascherano
Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 05:12   #495

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
I think a few people are confusing Euros with £'s. We sold Shevchenko for £31 million and i think Real have offered Lyon around £13/14 million for Diarra.

Although it does seem he's set his sights on a move to Madrid, lets not forget that he called Madrid one of the top three teams in football. It could be quite possible that he sees Milan as another of those top three and that he'd also be positive about a move to our club if we put in an offer.

I still think that if we put in an offer of around £20-25 million + Vogel for Diarra & Reveillere, we would get both. I think Reveillere would jump at the chance to join us and with Lazio holding out for a large sum for Oddo, i think we should turn our attentions to the Lyon man.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.