AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-2006, 03:34   #481

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
This thread is about Gilardino, not finding fault on each other grammers or vocabulary.
Chilll out guys
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline  
Old 14-12-2006, 13:02   #482

zZ[-_-]Zz

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 07 2006
zZ[-_-]Zz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
So, can you tell me why do you think Gila had a bad WC ?
And what do you think about my explanation from above, about why Gila didn't start the last 3 matches ?
Do you think Lippi didn't start him because he had to change the tactics, or you think he had to change the tactics because Gila was bad ?
for a start... France used the same formation throughout the WC... Henry as a lone striker... and doubt they had plans to introduce a 2 striker system... thus regardless how good Trezeguet is... it is simply a selection between him & Henry...

at the same time... Del Piero was used mostly as a wide forward... same with Iaquinta... only Toni... Gilardino & Inzaghi were considered a center forward... thus even had Lippi continued with 4-4-2... it would still leave him with a selection from Toni... Gilardino & Inzaghi... and maybe Iaquinta... but not Del Piero... plus with Lippi's dislike for Inzaghi... it pretty much boils down to only Toni & Gilardino... and since one isn't up to par... Lippi pretty much had to change his strategy... true that he wanted to introduce more into midfield... but had Gilardino proved himself in the 2 striker system... i seriously doubt Lippi might so easily force a tactical change from one that has been familiar (and successful) to that of a rather unfamiliar one in the midst of a tournament such as the WC...

your explanation is good... no doubt about it... but it still doesn't prove Gilardino had a good WC... regardless of tactics & strategies used...

and let's not talk about the WC anymore... i'm more concerned about his performances for Milan...

usin' the WC was to point out that Gilardino wasn't quite capable to make a big difference in a big tournament... but where Pirlo stood out despite his poor general performance for Milan so far... meanin' one had the ability while the other doesn't... as for Pirlo... i'm still waitin' for him to repeat that WC performance for Milan... but for Gilardino... neither that or what he is doin' now is convincin' to say the least...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline  
Old 14-12-2006, 13:14   #483

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
and let's not talk about the WC anymore... i'm more concerned about his performances for Milan...
I promise i won't anymore. What follows is my last reply about Gila and WC :


Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
at the same time... Del Piero was used mostly as a wide forward... same with Iaquinta... only Toni... Gilardino & Inzaghi were considered a center forward... thus even had Lippi continued with 4-4-2... it would still leave him with a selection from Toni... Gilardino & Inzaghi... and maybe Iaquinta... but not Del Piero... plus with Lippi's dislike for Inzaghi... it pretty much boils down to only Toni & Gilardino
This could be used as an argument, but it "doesn't holds watter" , as we say here.
Del Piero and Iaquinta may have been used by Lippi as wide forwards, but they are both strikers for their clubs and Lippi could have easily put them as strikers to replace Gilardino.
So, imo, Gila was not the reason Lippi changed the tactics from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1.
Because, if Lippi wanted to continue with 4-4-2 he could have easily done that with Toni-Iaquinta or Toni-Del Piero, eventhough their main role at this WC was to play more wide and deep.
Now, if he thought DP and Iaquinta will be as "bad" as Gila, then you may say that's why he changed the tactics. But i doubt he thought so, and he switched to 4-5-1 due to other reasons.

That's it from me about WC and Gila
Tony29. is offline  
Old 14-12-2006, 13:33   #484

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
worse than his lack of skill beyond the ordinary, is his uneven temparament and arrogance.......How on earth could anyone suggest that they "not be blamed for their miss of a penalty?" . Then who is to be blamed? Ancelotti perhaps? Gila acknowledged that he wasn't supposed to be the penalty taker, and thereby alters the planned strategy of the game, by taking it himslef, then refuses to accpet responsibility for his error?
I know that my caustic statements may probably lead to another "barring" or banning but I still don't get it! Anyone with a half decent heart pumping a reasonable percentage of human blood would have been remorseful.....but not Gila, he goes on to say that he'd do it again!! In such arrogance, thinly vieled as confidence, he is in effect saying "i'll do things my way regardless of the consequenses"- IMHO- as his miss cost us points
drucurl is offline  
Old 14-12-2006, 13:47   #485

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I know that my caustic statements may probably lead to another "barring" or banning but I still don't get it!
1. If you don't get the reason behind why you were barred, please refer to here:

http://milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20750

Yours is case 4.

2. You are not banned for caustic statment. I think you can learn from other posters who are equally critical against Gila. We value your opinion, and we celebrate diversity, albeits argument can get overheated from time to time, especially during this moment of difficulty.

3. Back to your post: I'm not sure what you want from Gila. "I'm sorry that I miss, I'll never take penalty again in my life". Is that what you want tohear then? First off, I'm pretty positive that he is sorry; everyone will be sorry for missing a penalty. But do you really want to hear him say "I'll never take the penalty again"?
__________________
What source you can trust:

Perfect: acmilan; MM

OK: Channel4; calciomercato; tg.com; La Gazzetta

Awful: Corriere; Tuttosport; tuttomercatoweb

Worst: tribalfootball; goal.com
Jeff is offline  
Old 14-12-2006, 13:48   #486

zZ[-_-]Zz

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 07 2006
zZ[-_-]Zz is on a distinguished road
@ drucurl...
well... Gilardino is playin' for himself... to prove his doubters... he isn't playin' for our team...

@ Tony29...
but you forgot that Del Piero has been used throughout the WC qualifiers & friendlies prior to the WC as a wide player... Lippi never considered him the type of center forward in his strategy... thus i doubt he'll use Del Piero there unless he is just left with 2 strikers & 1 bein' Del Piero... same can be said about Iaquinta... who played for club as a center forward... but regarded by Lippi as a wide forward...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline  
Old 14-12-2006, 13:50   #487

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
@ drucurl...
well... Gilardino is playin' for himself... to prove his doubters... he isn't playin' for our team...
Jeff is offline  
Old 15-12-2006, 07:03   #488

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
1. If you don't get the reason behind why you were barred, please refer to here:

http://milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20750

Yours is case 4.

2. You are not banned for caustic statment. I think you can learn from other posters who are equally critical against Gila. We value your opinion, and we celebrate diversity, albeits argument can get overheated from time to time, especially during this moment of difficulty.

3. Back to your post: I'm not sure what you want from Gila. "I'm sorry that I miss, I'll never take penalty again in my life". Is that what you want tohear then? First off, I'm pretty positive that he is sorry; everyone will be sorry for missing a penalty. But do you really want to hear him say "I'll never take the penalty again"?
Sigh.....I'm sure this will lead to another "barring" but here's my two cents about the whole situation:
1)About the first thing I believe I was unfairly "barred" as I was given NO WARNING as the rules clearly stipulate
2)You acted after an agreement had been reached between myself and Vadim ( I think) who is also a Mod
3)I meant no disrespect in my last post and anyone with a half-decent comprehension of the English Language could ascertain that I was merely expressing my jubilation at my favourite thread being re-opened.
4) I take umbrage to someone pre-judging my intent as prior to this fiasco I have never used profanity at anyone and still haven't as yet. That someone could assume that one with no record would then begin to do so is unfair as it is ludicrous
5)Before the "barring" I also issued a full apology to all in the "I don't get this place thread. This was also prior to my making peace with all and thanksing Vadim for re-opening the thread.
6)I don't mind the rules. I respect them all. But don't claim "hands off approach". I understand that there is to be a certain level of dignity to be maintained here and that is commendable. But the term "hands-off" cannot be used in the context of continued editing/ deleting of posts of and moving of threads. IMHO "hands off" is more akin to goal.com
7) Beyond the high level of respect that I have for you and all here, you can get nothing more from me. If you deem my posts irreverent....the only person that I revere is God and Jesus Christ.

Hope you don't take offense @ my POV
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-12-2006, 07:09   #489

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Anyway back to the Gila issue. What I would have liked to hear form him Jeff is regret over missing his chance. There is no remorse in his statement. Also I would have liked him to do the responsible thing and acknowledge that his miss cost us points. futher I would have liked to hear him admit that then penalty was poorly struck (poor aim). This would have been the honourable thing to do. Rather than proclaim that "I cannot be blamed", he should have accpeted blame. I appreciate his confidence in saying that he would take them still however.
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-12-2006, 09:15   #490

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Anyway back to the Gila issue. What I would have liked to hear form him Jeff is regret over missing his chance. There is no remorse in his statement. Also I would have liked him to do the responsible thing and acknowledge that his miss cost us points. futher I would have liked to hear him admit that then penalty was poorly struck (poor aim). This would have been the honourable thing to do. Rather than proclaim that "I cannot be blamed", he should have accpeted blame. I appreciate his confidence in saying that he would take them still however.
Yeah, OK Gila missed the penalty...but he got it on the first place (by diving in fact)...He should not have missed it, that was really bad..but still he got it, so I guess it was like a chance given to him to score a goal. He did not use this chance. What can you do? As for what he have said....I m sure deep inside himself he know that it did cost us 3 points, and I m sure he blames himself more then we know. He just did not have the courage to say that.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 15-12-2006, 09:38   #491

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
^ He didn't have the courage to let us the fans know that he's sorry for messing up our chance to get three points for a change but he had the courage to piss us (read "me") off by saying that the miss isn't his fault and that he'd do it again? That doesn't seem to add up
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-12-2006, 09:49   #492

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
^ He didn't have the courage to let us the fans know that he's sorry for messing up our chance to get three points for a change but he had the courage to piss us (read "me") off by saying that the miss isn't his fault and that he'd do it again? That doesn't seem to add up
I know what you mean and what you feel...But the only problem of this guy (Gila) is the mental one. He is very unstable (wick) mentally. He so much depends on his feelings...that his performance goes accordinly with them. I honestly did not expect this guy to admit that it was his fault - it is too hard for him to say that...although deep inside him he knows that it was his fault - he is not stupid.
It is like when he said that noone is going to regret that Sheva is gone, because he - Gila is here now. He did have the courage to say that...but in fact, I dont think he believed himself in what he said - that is why his performance went down. He cannot take that he can't be same as Sheva...he probably thought that when Sheva is gone he is going to start shining and will beat Sheva's records. But he can't...and that is killing him..
Poor guy, i must say...
__________________
FORZA MILAN!

Last edited by Egoistka; 15-12-2006 at 09:52.
Egoistka is offline  
Old 15-12-2006, 12:20   #493

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Interesting theory...so what you're saying is that he is essentially huuuuugley insecure and his confidence isn't genuine but merely a mask?? I think that makes a lot of sense comming to think of it especially as he recently was quoted as sayin that there is nothing wrong with our attack and that we don't need reinforcements....very perceptive Egoistka. you could join us at goal.com if you'd like to meet other Milan fans
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-12-2006, 12:36   #494

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Interesting theory...so what you're saying is that he is essentially huuuuugley insecure and his confidence isn't genuine but merely a mask?? I think that makes a lot of sense comming to think of it especially as he recently was quoted as sayin that there is nothing wrong with our attack and that we don't need reinforcements....very perceptive Egoistka. you could join us at goal.com if you'd like to meet other Milan fans
He is very insecure...if you read his interviews (I mean all of them, but especially the ones before he joined Milan) you can see that very much. He cannot face competition..and as long as he doesnt face a competition (like in Parma) he is fine, but as soon as it appears that he is not the only one (and especially not the best one in the same team) - he cant take it.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 15-12-2006, 13:09   #495

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Coming to think of it, he was generally always 2nd best....at best I mean he warmed Adriano's bench @ Parma, He was 2nd to sheva @ Milan, and later third after we realized that Inzaghi even in his aged state was better. He is behind Toni in pecking order for a box striker in Italy!!!
That must be rough!!
Also Milan is his second choice. Juve is the team he really supported but transfer guru L. Moggi, in his wisdom rejected him
drucurl is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.