AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-02-2008, 19:02   #481

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal-fan

...your players could not cope with the pace and it was some last ditch tackling ... that prevent us from going a goal ahead.
That's the art
Jeff is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:10   #482

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
Actually, I am kind of worried after today's yet another toothless performance in the offense. Please guys, tell me we are going through I know I was equally worried last year against manUre, but deep within my heart I knew we will make it
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:22   #483

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Guys, we put a GREAT PERFORMANCE. On their best night in a while we kept clean sheets.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:23   #484

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Gio, I dont get it, are these Juventini making fun of Milan or cheering for Milan?
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:24   #485

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by forward
Actually, I am kind of worried after today's yet another toothless performance in the offense. Please guys, tell me we are going through I know I was equally worried last year against manUre, but deep within my heart I knew we will make it

I'm honestly even more optimistic now (informed optimism vs. uninformed optimsim before the game). I felt that Milan has done just what they want to do:

1) Don't lose. If lose, no more than one goal (unlike Inter lol)
2) Don't injure your player (almost for Nesta and Pato)
3) Score a goal if possible.

Two out of three achieved.

I especially like the fact that we didn't draw 1-1. True, it might be 'dangerous' because then if Arsenal scored then Milan needed to score two, BUT:

This is also when Milan usually thrives. They HAVE TO win from the first second. Examples:

1) Against Bayern. They can't sit back but they need to score because Milan drew 2-2 at SS.

2) Against Man U: Has to score at least one goal.

Losing 1-0 will be the worst reason, but 0-0 is acceptable. In fact, Arsenal is 'smarter' than Man U in that sense, since Arsenal is 'stronger' than Man U in defense (judging from this game).

BUT: I juts don't see how Arsenal can beat Milan UNLESS Milan screwed themselves up (e.g., 3-3 against Liverpool -.-!). Milan has all it takes to beat Arsenal now.

I'm quite confident (considering that no other injuries occur, that is ).

J
Jeff is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:25   #486

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
They are pissed off with Milan's luck. But some of them recognise we know how to play away and to stay calm in situations under pressure.

They believe we are likely to get through in the second leg.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:28   #487

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco
Gio, I dont get it, are these Juventini making fun of Milan or cheering for Milan?
Neither actually. Maybe a bit of the first but i wouldn't call that making fun of Milan.
These are jokes out of depression. They are angry that Milan are undefeatable in CL so they make jokes about Milan being lucky.
Game of words is what it is. And some funny stuff there with Spider Kulac

Since Culo means ass but it means lucky also (we also have the same expression in "Guzonja" ) they make jokes with the word.

for example, Zeljko Kalac, called Spider for the way he makes his saves, became Spider Kulac (from Culo, Kulo). Or Milan is Culan.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have

Last edited by Tony29.; 20-02-2008 at 19:31.
Tony29. is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:34   #488

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Anyway guys, even if by chance we would have won 0-1, the return leg would have benn just as well uncertain as the next game.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:40   #489

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
And before that... we have Palermo coming up... is it going to be a home game? Away game will be as tough as playing at Arsenal...
Jeff is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:46   #490

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
yea jeff it is a home game
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:49   #491

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the explaination.

Arsenal return game is in two weeks right?
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 19:50   #492

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
I'm quite confident (considering that no other injuries occur, that is ).
thanks man, that cheered me up! I am set to hit the bed now
good night everyone! we will prevail!
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 20:54   #493

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
great play by arsenal. i like how they performed and that kind of performance i've been waiting to match up against Milan.

Wenger was brilliant by playing 4-5-1 pattern with adebayor as lone upfront supporting by hleb exactly behind him.
Hleb all the game disturbed Pirlo so much making Pirlo has no space and time to delay the game and distribute the ball nicely to others.

IMO, hleb's job on pirlo is the key for arsenal to eliminate milan posession, sterile milan counter attack and win that game which is luckily no
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 21:16   #494

Rossoneri8

Registered User
 
Rossoneri8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: London
Fave Players: Rino,Pippo,Stam
Rossoneri8 is on a distinguished road
the white shirts and black shorts outfit brings us unpleasant result as always
__________________
Bravery is the essence of defense

Last edited by Rossoneri8; 20-02-2008 at 21:19.
Rossoneri8 is offline  
Old 20-02-2008, 21:38   #495

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
even if adebayor had scored instead of hitting the wood, i wouldn't be too worried
we will go through
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:01.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.