AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2010, 10:33   #496

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Yes, he is that good.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 10:51   #497

devoted_dm

Registered User
 
devoted_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
So Galliani has just repeated Berlu's words that for the next season, Milan will be relying on young players, but will invest if the opportunity to sign "un grande campione" should present itself.

I hope they both realize they can't tell thousands of disgruntled fans this and then not do it; we're expecting a big signing now!

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=25955
devoted_dm is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 11:31   #498

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoted_dm View Post
So Galliani has just repeated Berlu's words that for the next season, Milan will be relying on young players, but will invest if the opportunity to sign "un grande campione" should present itself.

I hope they both realize they can't tell thousands of disgruntled fans this and then not do it; we're expecting a big signing now!

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=25955
depending on what your definition about a big signing. Yepes' age is big enough.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 12:02   #499

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
David Luiz would be perfect for us. He's played mostly CB for Benfica, but also LB on occasition, which is just what we need. He would be able to play as a full back, while giving us the World Class third CB that any club like Milan really needs. Btw he's also footballer of the year in the Portuguse league, so he's pretty good.

Don't think it would be possible to swap him with Huntelaar though, even if Galliani and Benfica agreed to it (Which could happen), I don't think Huntelaar would agree to it.
Christian is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 12:07   #500

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
TMW reports that Dzeko asked for the agreement of Milan to deal with Manchester City ... and it looks like Milan gave him this agreement.

So that means Dzeko probably never was a real target on the mercato for us ...
IF that's true, then sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
No Rossi please, too fragile for Serie A. Borriello has been heavily linked with swap deal involving Buffon.
I don't think it is that heavily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
So you don't want Pirlo anymore ? Who would be your RB ? Zambro for a whole season ? If injured, who replaces him ?

I prefer Abate as vice-RB and we get a starting RB this summer ...
Do we still have any realistic chance with Maggio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Is David Luiz that good? I mean, he didn't even make it to the World Cup and was beaten by likes of Luisao and Juan, or even our Thiago Silva.
I heard that he is really good, but I have never watched even one game of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I would like to ask anyone who has seen Paulo Henrique Ganso extensively what they actually think of him and whether they think he could be as great as hyped. I know we've been linked to him a couple of times of late and although I haven't seen a great deal of him, from what I have seen he does seem like a potentially very special player, most of all because of his vision.

Few footballers have the great vision, and many of them end up being key figures in football due to this ability. Zidane, Pirlo, Rui Costa and also Ronaldinho are all technically outstanding footballers, but what makes/made each one of them great through their careers was their ability to dictate play through their vision and passing. Paulo Henrique may not have the excitement of others like Neymar, but he's caught my interest more than others because he seems to have this massively important ability to see and play important passes.

What I want to know though, what is his game beyond this ability. Tactically is he clever (he seems it from the little I have seen)? Is he a team player and willing work for the team rather than rely on his individual ability?

If anyone who has seen a lot of him could answer my questions, I would appreciate it.
Dev, I have only watched one game of Ganso's, when Santo beat Gremio (?) 3-1 in Copa of Brazil. He had a quiet first half and explosive second one. I am really impressed, however, I am no expert so I can't really answer your question on his vision based on just one match, but I do like what I see - that's all I can tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devoted_dm View Post
So Galliani has just repeated Berlu's words that for the next season, Milan will be relying on young players, but will invest if the opportunity to sign "un grande campione" should present itself.

I hope they both realize they can't tell thousands of disgruntled fans this and then not do it; we're expecting a big signing now!

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=25955
And you believe in them? and honestly, if Inter's treble combined with 5-in-a-row couldn't get Berlusconi fired up, Milan has no hope but hoping that Berlusconi passing the baton, one way or another.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 12:34   #501

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Is David Luiz that good? I mean, he didn't even make it to the World Cup and was beaten by likes of Luisao and Juan, or even our Thiago Silva.
Well, Brazil has some of the best CD in the world, they have a coach who makes "weird" choices (not bad, just weird, for example, taking Grafite instead of Pato ?!), link these two statements, then just remember that David Luiz is still young, plays for Benfica and not a top club of Europe in CL, and that gives you a reason why the guy isn't called for the WC ...

If this guy was Italian, English, French, Spanish, or I don't know what other nationality, he would be a starter in the NT ...

So yes, he is good enough and is probably as good, if not better overall, as our Thiago Silva. Buying such a player would probably fix our CD line for years and would allow us to rest Nesta whenever we want.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 12:41   #502

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I don't think it is that heavily.
That's why I italicized the word heavily. Ah, media today...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
Do we still have any realistic chance with Maggio?
When were we targeting him in the first place? I'd go for Santon instead or Cassani maybe if you want an Italian.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 15:49   #503

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
hmmm "a world class signing"... reminds me of Mister X who turned out to be Oliveira.. I hope they dont forget investing in smaller players like Jucilei, Marchetti etc
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 17:15   #504

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
That's why I italicized the word heavily. Ah, media today...
Oh I see. I misunderstood you. I thought you were emphasizing on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
When were we targeting him in the first place? I'd go for Santon instead or Cassani maybe if you want an Italian.
I believe that we were linked to him in summer 2008. Some fans were even dreaming of having him wear our #5 jersey to mock Inter Merda's famous "May 5". Then he went to Napoli for a much lower fee. Good job, Galliani.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 18:20   #505

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
hmmm "a world class signing"... reminds me of Mister X who turned out to be Oliveira.. I hope they dont forget investing in smaller players like Jucilei, Marchetti etc
They still spend 20Mil euro's on Oliveira. For 20 Mil. we can probably get Fabiano or Robinho or someone like that, wouldn't mind that at all

Anyways, why do you want Marchetti??? Hasn't he had an absolutly terrible year? Haven't watched that much Cagliari, but that's what I've heard at least. Really doubt he'd be an upgrade to Abbiati or Storari.
Christian is offline  
Old 29-05-2010, 20:34   #506

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Anyways, why do you want Marchetti??? Hasn't he had an absolutly terrible year? Haven't watched that much Cagliari, but that's what I've heard at least. Really doubt he'd be an upgrade to Abbiati or Storari.

Maybe Allegri will bring Marchetti and Astori. And one of Lazzari, Nene, Jeda, and Matri.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 30-05-2010, 00:51   #507

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
If this guy was Italian, English, French, Spanish, or I don't know what other nationality, he would be a starter in the NT ...
Wow, I just imagined... so this guy is better than one of Chiellini/Cannavaro, and one of JT/Ferdinand, and one of Puyol/Pique, and one of Gallas/Squillacci... wow, that's very great. I hope we get him.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 30-05-2010, 04:28   #508

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
We've had a couple of new rumours today, all of which I read on milannews.

Apparently we're discussing with Real Madrid about Drenthe (which apparently has already been denied) and Van Der Vaart.

We've also been linked to Gregory van der Wiel of Ajax. Starting out as CB, under Van Basten he moved to RB and is now one of the key players of the Ajax team. He's also a part of the Dutch squad for the world cup.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 30-05-2010, 05:01   #509

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Wow, I just imagined... so this guy is better than one of Chiellini/Cannavaro, and one of JT/Ferdinand, and one of Puyol/Pique, and one of Gallas/Squillacci... wow, that's very great. I hope we get him.
Not really difficult to be better than the bold ones nowadays ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
We've had a couple of new rumours today, all of which I read on milannews.

Apparently we're discussing with Real Madrid about Drenthe (which apparently has already been denied) and Van Der Vaart.

We've also been linked to Gregory van der Wiel of Ajax. Starting out as CB, under Van Basten he moved to RB and is now one of the key players of the Ajax team. He's also a part of the Dutch squad for the world cup.
Add Luis Fabiano in the rumours of the day too.

And also some rumours about Kaka' already leaving Real Madrid (which won't happen): I don't see him leaving this club to go somewhere else than Milan, so as long as there will be rumours about him leaving Madrid, IMO, we'll be linked to these rumours.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 30-05-2010 at 05:06.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 30-05-2010, 06:06   #510

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Bonnucci apparently could be Juve's first signing under Marrotta. Great5 young player, versatile, proven in serie a. No, we dont need him. We'll talk about players untill the summer is over and Kaladze prolongs.

Galliani confirms "campioni"? My god...

Kaka' will play like hell again under Mourinho and we can expect few defensive signings that will give then needed balance. Ricky will stay in Madrid.

Im hoping for the Huntelaar - D. Luiz deal, aldough maybe we can wait after the WC as Hunter will probably play in there, maybe he does something good so his price will rise up.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:51.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.