AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2009, 21:38   #5116

will4li

Registered User
 
will4li's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: nanxun , china
Fave Players: kaka pirlo
will4li is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by acmilan1983

I can understand if you're not convinced Rossi and Rosina can become world class, but to say Baggio in his prime looks pale in comparison to today's world class attacking midfielders is ridiculous. Baggio in his prime was one of the greatest players in history, and had pretty much everything in his game. He was probably better than today's best.
I admire baggio as a person;his super skill,game reading,court demeanor.....he's got all the software needed in football.but he is so limited physically.maybe Del piero is stronger and faster than him.Look at ZZ,kaka,cr7,messi.they all elite level atheletes first.
__________________
ac mi is rolling
will4li is offline  
Old 18-06-2009, 22:29   #5117

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
I still don't know what the Cissokho fuss is all about. Medical reveals player to have above-average risk for physical problems, hence our valuation changes and we ask for a reduction in price. Makes complete sense.

Secondly, the loan move does solve problems because if he meets expectations, ie fits in to the team, plays well, then we might be willing to take the additional risk of physical problems and sign him on a permanent basis. We should be looking after our best interests, and that's exactly what Galliani and co are doing.
rt9 is offline  
Old 18-06-2009, 22:47   #5118

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will4li View Post
I admire baggio as a person;his super skill,game reading,court demeanor.....he's got all the software needed in football.but he is so limited physically.maybe Del piero is stronger and faster than him.Look at ZZ,kaka,cr7,messi.they all elite level atheletes first.
Thats just show how great Baggio was. Don't think for one second that Desailly, Frank R, Albertini, Blanco, Dunga, Sammer, Mattiaus and others are push over. In fact they were all as strong if not stronger than players like Vidic, Rio, Nesta, Canna, Gattuso, Roy Keane.....and yet, Baggio outplayed them almost all the time. I mentioned in my other posts that, Series A at that time is byfar the best league in the world, heck it was probably even better than CL now, with at least 7-8 teams that can challenge the titles while the other lesser teams actually play the game instead of camping out their own half against tougher teams.
Maybe today, physical attributes are important, but without does not really makes that players suck. Look at Pippo, this man scored the most goals in Europe and yet, he is never the fastest runner, or the strongest, can't reall dribble and does not have a powerful shot. And he scored the most goals in Europe. You mentioned ZZ and he ain't the fastest player on the pitch.

I am not going to deny that the game was much different back then but to think that there were no physical players back then is wrong. Baggio did great against big and strong opponents and if he is playing today at his prime, I see that he will still have his success and maybe even more.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 18-06-2009, 22:57   #5119

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
In the end, it's your opinion. I too think that Baggio was a great player, but I won't put him in a different league to ZZ, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Messi.
rt9 is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 00:48   #5120

will4li

Registered User
 
will4li's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: nanxun , china
Fave Players: kaka pirlo
will4li is on a distinguished road
ZZ is not the fastest,but he weighs every centimeter as a 1.85cm footballer with decent speed,nobody can push him around when he possess the ball.

ronaldo makes his teammates and teammates makes pippo,that's the difference physical attributes make.If given equal quality of players and choose a AM to build a team around,I would choose kaka over baggio.

Baggio is so advanced in terms of combination of skill,game composure,tactical awareness..;,he achieved impossible with so limited physicality.I respect him a great deal.If kaka developed his software part,he will be a milestone charactor in football history.
__________________
ac mi is rolling
will4li is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 01:23   #5121

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Why are you guys discussing this in the transfer threat, how about you make a thread called old players be new players or something like that.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 01:36   #5122

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Oh and though I am not a big fan of galliani I knownhe has something up his sleeve. And to howevevsaid ajwijder couldn't play in serie a, u must be on heroine, sneijder and robbend are both world class wingers and would do well no matter where they plaY, and i would love if we could get any of them.

Rossi is a great player and I like seing him play, but I don't see Milan buying him this season. I tgijkbue will remain at villarealnfor one more year.

As for sissokho, idk how I feel on his issue, I never heard about him b4 so I'm not sure how to feel, and if his transfer doesn't go through, there are many more leftbacks we can go after two of my favourites being chivu and maxwell (such a shame they both play for that @&:$/$ -/@& side inter) but hey we got pirlo from inter.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 01:49   #5123

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Every footballer with a 'Beautiful'/'Hot' girlfriend/wife is welcome to AC Milan :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
..............I actually wouldn't mind having both him [Sneijder] and Van der Vaart (and VdV's wife, too, of course ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista
For sure, VdV's wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri Fuego
oh man sylvie van der vart? yeah shes a super bomb?
Just in case any one wonders why, visit:
http://images.google.com/images?sour...Van+der+Vaart+

Sylvie Van der Vaart may not be in the same class as the girlfriend of Marco Borriello, Belen Rodriguez or girlfriend of (English striker) Marcus Bent, Gemma Atkinson, but still she is more than good enough reason for Van der Vaart to coem to AC Milan.

Belen Rodriguez:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...mages&aq=f&oq=

Gemma Atkinson:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...mages&aq=o&oq=

The best thing about Sylvie Van der Vaart is that she is 5 years older than Rafael Van der Vaart and I thing it pretty cool

Welcome to ACM

__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 19-06-2009 at 02:07.
mzk57 is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 01:53   #5124

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Here's a novel concept: How about staying on topic instead of posting nonsense like the above in the transfer thread?
Blacktop is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 02:16   #5125

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Ok there is a new article on goal about us being interested in riise, I hope it isn't true as I am not a fan of him, nor even while he was at liverpool, at the end it does mention also maxwell, whom I wouldn't mind acquiring as I stated before.

I would have post the link but I am on my iPod and idont know how to copy and paste.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 02:54   #5126

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Couldn't be happier at the choice of players Milan are currently chasing. Very sensible and objective, and lets be serious, we are looking for young and cheaper stars rather than established and over-priced players.

Hoping that Galliani doesn't demand too much for Cissoko despite the confusing situation, or we might lose him forever.

Also pleased that he has stated that a younger looking side will be Milan next season, and that we will acquire a full back for next season after the capture of a foward.

Wouldn't mind adding a bit more depth as well, either by acquirng other players, or promoting youth academy players. We didn't exactly cope well this Serie A season injury wise, and with the CL on our timetable next season, the situation could be worse if we don't reinforce numericaly and quality wise.
guestes is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 03:00   #5127

lanuora

Registered User
 
lanuora's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Germany
Fave Players: Il capitano
lanuora is on a distinguished road
I wouldnīt go for VdV or/and Sneijder, they both have attitudes,- something Milan canīt use at the moment.
Looking for a duo, I would prefer Dzeko and his "partner" Grafite....
and they are much cheaper too.
__________________
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate
lanuora is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 03:25   #5128

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanuora View Post
I wouldnīt go for VdV or/and Sneijder, they both have attitudes,- something Milan canīt use at the moment.
Looking for a duo, I would prefer Dzeko and his "partner" Grafite....
and they are much cheaper too.
Yes, we certainly need a quality winger according to Leo's plans for next season. Abate cannot handle on his own, and Sneijder is better than another serious option, Van Der Vart.
If we put down a serious amount of money for the player, we should have little problem acquiring him, After all, Madrid owe us a favour ot two, as we accepted their bid instead of another's.
guestes is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 03:53   #5129

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
I'm not that up to date with quality left-backs, so maybe there are plenty out there i just don't know about but i'm struggling to come up with any decent alternatives to Cissokho. Clichy comes to mind, Zhirkov & Pranjic too but we won't sign either of the last two for various reasons (too expensive and an on/off again deal with bayern). Maxwell or Sirl i'm not so sure about ... and that's all i have. Like i say, there must be more i'm forgetting/unaware of but i'm stumped!

I wonder what the realistic chances of getting Sneijder & Robben on loan are??? If Madrid really do owe us a favour then that seems to me to be the most obvious solution for us. Getting 2 great players for (hopefully) very little, both of which could go straight into our first team. It's surely an option at least and should let us use what money we do have for other more important targets.

I know it won't happen, but i would try a deal for Santacroce by offering money & Kaladze (or selling Kaladze to generate another Ģ8 million or so use on the Neopolitan defender).
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 19-06-2009, 04:08   #5130

regin

Registered User
 
regin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: anybody in red-black
regin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Has anyone seen Andrea Russotto? I honestly think he would be worth a loan or co-ownership at least. The games that Dinho doesn't play, Russotto would be a great sub and he just turned 21 a month ago.
I have watched him for the U21 team..They say he's the closest thing to baggio..He's a very good player but has been having problems with chossing the right clubs..He's a victim of moggi's agency..I think napoli own him..I dont know if they will let him go anywhere..
__________________
"We may have not been able to get Figo, but we have been able to get a younger player and then, therefore, stronger in the long run: Ba!"..Galliani
regin is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:55.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.