AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2006, 19:30   #511

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
Good work Gila...actually he can be named the best player of today's match...he ve done really good. Why cant he do it all the time?
Refreshingly fair opinion, hopfully he will start
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 16-12-2006, 19:43   #512

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme C
i dont think Oliviera, Inzaghi or Borriello is "Milan" material, Gila showed today, if he gets decent service he will score.. When inzaghi came on he ballooned the ball in the crowds.. So why arent you anti-gila group not turning your attention to our other 3 strikers and seedorf...
I concede that Seedorf is not for us again. I think he fustrates Kaka'
However as for
Olivera- IMO he was a gamble from the beginning! He is beset with a host of problems including the the mental turmoil of his sister's kidnapping
Boriello- has always on the firnges of the team in and out on loan etc
Pippo- I can't see the logic of burdening a 33 year old with the bulk of scoring ....there are NO top teams that I can think of that have a 33 year old as their main striker. If he is put at the forefront there are no gurrantees and the fault lies with Ancelotti for placing him there . All he could gurantee is giving his best...whether that would be good enough is debatable.

My main problem with Gila is that he's the one that we EXPECT to score. He was an expensive transfer and with the loss of Sheva he was promising that he would compensate. IMHO he has detracted from the quality of the Team. I have nothing against him personally, but his skill resource seems smaller in comparison to the other top strikers of today's game
drucurl is offline  
Old 16-12-2006, 21:19   #513

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl

My main problem with Gila is that he's the one that we EXPECT to score. He was an expensive transfer and with the loss of Sheva he was promising that he would compensate. IMHO he has detracted from the quality of the Team. I have nothing against him personally, but his skill resource seems smaller in comparison to the other top strikers of today's game
I cant disagree with you on that..My main problem with Gila is the same: I had very high expectations, and according to his price he had to be not less then brilliant, but he wasn't even good enough. I expected him to score goals, but not only..also i expected him to contribute a lot to the game...he failed to do so for a long time. But today he shown that he is capable of doing great...he was really good today. I mean it....he was seen during the whole game, contributing a lot with and without the ball..and of course he scored 2 goals. If he manages his own emotions and starts playing like he did today - then we dont need to bother for searching for another striker in the winter transwer window. I wish him all the best, hope his today's performance was not one time impressive thing...I really hope he can continue like that.
Anyways, he did not get us 3 points in the previous game, but he brought us 1 point in today's game. So he owes us another 2 points at least
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 16-12-2006, 22:13   #514

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
I cant disagree with you on that..My main problem with Gila is the same: I had very high expectations, and according to his price he had to be not less then brilliant, but he wasn't even good enough. I expected him to score goals, but not only..also i expected him to contribute a lot to the game...he failed to do so for a long time. But today he shown that he is capable of doing great...he was really good today. I mean it....he was seen during the whole game, contributing a lot with and without the ball..and of course he scored 2 goals. If he manages his own emotions and starts playing like he did today - then we dont need to bother for searching for another striker in the winter transwer window. I wish him all the best, hope his today's performance was not one time impressive thing...I really hope he can continue like that.
Anyways, he did not get us 3 points in the previous game, but he brought us 1 point in today's game. So he owes us another 2 points at least
Gilardino scored 17 league goals in his first season with Milan, I don't think that's bad at all. Especially when you have to share the goals with other strikers like Shevchenko, Inzaghi. Remember, he had never played at a big club before and came with a hefty price-tag and had pressure on himself to achieve what he did in his last two seasons with Parma. This year he has struggled because all players in our team have struggled, it's not easy for one player to shine when everyone else is also failing to do so. Even players like Dida, Nesta, Pirlo and sometimes even Kaka have struggled to show their form from the past seasons.

Milan need our support to get back on track, and we must give it to them 'cause nobody else will!

Forza Milan!

Arildonardo is offline  
Old 16-12-2006, 23:44   #515

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo
Gilardino scored 17 league goals in his first season with Milan, I don't think that's bad at all. Especially when you have to share the goals with other strikers like Shevchenko, Inzaghi. Remember, he had never played at a big club before and came with a hefty price-tag and had pressure on himself to achieve what he did in his last two seasons with Parma. This year he has struggled because all players in our team have struggled, it's not easy for one player to shine when everyone else is also failing to do so. Even players like Dida, Nesta, Pirlo and sometimes even Kaka have struggled to show their form from the past seasons.

Milan need our support to get back on track, and we must give it to them 'cause nobody else will!

Forza Milan!

I dont want to go back to that disscussion that we had on this forum before...really...so consider you are right, although I strongly disagree. It is just that I m not going to start it again , and especially at this wonderfull day, in which Gila has shown that he actually can do great (I think that was his best performance since he arrived to Milan).
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 17-12-2006, 05:25   #516

ASHWIN

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2004
ASHWIN is on a distinguished road
It seems to me that Gila can get the goals when he's the lone striker. Whenever he has a strike partner, he seems to flop. I'm happy for him though. The defence let the team down today. Well, what else to expect when you have Kalac in goal and Simic and Kaladze in defence = DISASTER. If you ask me the next 2 games will really be decisive for Milan's season. They need to make the best out of this bad situation. Basically, they need to collect as many points as possible before the year ends.
ASHWIN is offline  
Old 17-12-2006, 07:04   #517

peters

Registered User
 
peters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Slovenia
peters is on a distinguished road
Last gasp Gila secures a point for Milan... now, how long were we waiting for that? Finally, he got his head straight and score both opener and last minute goal, both veryvery important. I hope he continues like that cos milan needs him more than ever. If only he can team up with (hopefully reborn) oliveira and were saved. Congrats for him for this game, but he needs to do more in the same way to convince us he is worthy.

As for the game... like we expected. Players dont run anymore, dont battle enough, rear guard is off position and bad at closing space... Cant say im looking forward to next match.
peters is offline  
Old 17-12-2006, 09:09   #518

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
I dont want to go back to that disscussion that we had on this forum before...really...so consider you are right, although I strongly disagree. It is just that I m not going to start it again , and especially at this wonderfull day, in which Gila has shown that he actually can do great (I think that was his best performance since he arrived to Milan).
Are you kidding me? Gilardino scored 64 goals in 107 Serie A matches the last three years and you haven't seen his potential before yesterday?!? I'm shocked.

I just think it's too easy criticising Gilardino in this case, he seems to be the fans' scapegoat every time we don't do well. I think it's unfair to the guy as football is all about teamwork.

So today he's great and nobody wants to get rid of him. Two weeks ago everybody said he was crap and that we should put him in a hole deep into the woods and leave him.

How easy is it for the players and management to please supporters if this is the way we react at bad periods for the team? We can't buy new players or change our tactics after every match we're not happy with, and I'd expect grown-up football-supporters to understand that...
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 17-12-2006, 11:07   #519

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I think last week was the first time I really criticised Gila since he joined, and quite honestly I couldn't have asked for a better response to shut me up.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 17-12-2006, 11:40   #520

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
his first goal was vintage Gila, ive always seen the potential..
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline  
Old 17-12-2006, 13:30   #521

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo
Are you kidding me? Gilardino scored 64 goals in 107 Serie A matches the last three years and you haven't seen his potential before yesterday?!? I'm shocked.

I just think it's too easy criticising Gilardino in this case, he seems to be the fans' scapegoat every time we don't do well. I think it's unfair to the guy as football is all about teamwork.

So today he's great and nobody wants to get rid of him. Two weeks ago everybody said he was crap and that we should put him in a hole deep into the woods and leave him.

How easy is it for the players and management to please supporters if this is the way we react at bad periods for the team? We can't buy new players or change our tactics after every match we're not happy with, and I'd expect grown-up football-supporters to understand that...

Read my post carefully before making any comments on what I say...
I wrote:
Quote:
I think that was his best performance since he arrived to Milan
His best performance for AC MILAN...and I really think it was his best performance for our club..whatever he did before in Parma - I DO NOT CARE..even if he scored 1 million goals there. I am a Milan supporter and I care only about what the player does in AC MILAN. He maybe the best player in some other team but if he struggles to settle in well in Milan, and doesnt score many goals (or at least doesnt score acceptable amount of goals...as you remember he cost us a hell of a money) - then I say that he is not good enough. He was not good enough untill yesterday...yesterday he shown that he is capable of playing great and scoring goals. Not any time before that. I am not a Parma supporter - I am Milan supporter, so this conversations about the amount of goals that he scored in Parma are absolutely not interesting for me, as long as Gila failes to perform in Milan as good as he did in Parma. Why do I care if he scored 50 goals for Parma or not..if he did not score this amount of goals (or even half of it) in Milan?
Honestly, think about that...It makes me very angry when people start talking about his previous achievements in Parma...go and support Parma then..For God sake...
He did well yesterday, and so I did admit it...but I am not going to change my whole opinion about him because of 1 great performance...Then, if he continues playing like that, I ll take some of my words back. I am not scared to admit if I was wrong. But for now it was one great performance after a long long time of doing really bad. I wish him all the best!
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 17-12-2006, 14:05   #522

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
Read my post carefully before making any comments on what I say...
I read your post, and here is what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
...and especially at this wonderfull day, in which Gila has shown that he actually can do great.
That means, as I see it, that you didn't know if Gilardino had the potential to do great until yesterday.

I'm not going to discuss this anymore, because we'll never agree. I just wanted to point out that Gilardino is being treated unfairly by a lot of people in here. It's so easy to blame the strikers, because they are the ones who should score the goals. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid football isn't as simple as that. They need help and support from the rest of the team, no matter if they are Henry, Toni, Shevchenko, Eto'o, Gilardino or whoever.

If you think I'm a Parma-fan, go ahead. I couldn't care less.

All I want is for Milan to rise from the ashes and get better. Everyone can improve and that goes for Gilardino as well of course, but for me it's the team and the club as a whole that's letting us down these days and not any single player.
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 17-12-2006, 19:39   #523

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo
I read your post, and here is what you said:

That means, as I see it, that you didn't know if Gilardino had the potential to do great until yesterday.

I'm not going to discuss this anymore, because we'll never agree. I just wanted to point out that Gilardino is being treated unfairly by a lot of people in here. It's so easy to blame the strikers, because they are the ones who should score the goals. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid football isn't as simple as that. They need help and support from the rest of the team, no matter if they are Henry, Toni, Shevchenko, Eto'o, Gilardino or whoever.

If you think I'm a Parma-fan, go ahead. I couldn't care less.

All I want is for Milan to rise from the ashes and get better. Everyone can improve and that goes for Gilardino as well of course, but for me it's the team and the club as a whole that's letting us down these days and not any single player.
If that phrase that you quoted means that to you..what can I say? Your interpretation is different from mine...actually even strange. But whatever...In fact I did not follow Parma, and not going to do it, as I couldn't care less about them. I m interested mostly in a result and have no such time to watch all the games of all the teams. I can watch hilights if I m interested. That is why when I talk about a player who plays for Milan, I mean his achievements only in Milan. Because Milan is what I follow and watch every game. So I meant that it was his best performance in Milan.
Blaming is easy - yes...But it is not really about it. He doesnt show good performance - he is blamed..he shows good performance - he is praised! That s how it works. And you are wrong about:

Quote:
They need help and support from the rest of the team, no matter if they are Henry, Toni, Shevchenko, Eto'o, Gilardino or whoever.
You can accept it or no, but that is the fact: Sheva could create chances himself, could anticipate the ball and move with it through all the field and score. All himself. So in fact it depends on the class of a player. Sheva is a high class player, Gila - is yet to prove who he is. For now he is nowhere near Sheva's class. (I know what you are going to say on this. You are going to say that Sheva doesnt score in Chelsea..But my reply is that his problem in Chelsea is not support of other players...His problem is general adaptation to the team and opponents, plus new tactics. Not to mention that english football differs from Italian a lot. If Sheva stays in Chelsea he ll start scoring, because his level is very high. He is great).
Yes players do need support, and yes the whole team playes not well at he moment. But it is not only about support from other players. In some games I doubted that Gila played at all, as I did not see him for 20 minutes in raw at all...with or without a ball. That is not class, and nothing related to support. You can play great and not score a goal...Yeah, fair enough, happens. Good play is not only about scoring - you are right. But the performance level can also be different. So when you say that I judge Gila only by the amount of goals scored - you are wrong. I did not see good performance from him in Milan, not until the game with Fiorentina. In this game he played great even without the ball.
Although the scoring moment for a striker is still a MUST . He is paid great money for scoring and he MUST score. How he does it - it is his problem.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 18-12-2006, 06:06   #524

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
Sheva could create chances himself, could anticipate the ball and move with it through all the field and score. All himself. So in fact it depends on the class of a player.
Football is more complicated than that, and Shevchenko could not have done this as much as he has if the rest of the team wasn't doing their job. The rest of the team have to feed him the right balls and make runs to create space for him, this is the teamwork I'm talking about and none of this works for Milan these days.

I'm not going to comment on Shevchenko's time in Chelsea, I know he will become good there because he is a class player. There are a lot of difficulties that comes with changing team and style of play. I am certainly not one of those who believe Shevchenko has become a bad player and lost all his qualities over night. Although I don't mind him struggling a bit as long as he is playing for Chelsea...

I'm not trying to say that Gilardino is at Shevchenko's level, I know football and this would be very wrong. But they are different types of strikers and it would be wrong to compare them as they have different characteristics, abilities and skills. We're missing the type of striker that Shevchenko is, no doubt about it. Gilardino was bought as a complementary player to Shevchenko, not to replace him.

But then again, my point here is that Gilardino is being treated unfairly by many on these forums. It seems like the strikers are always blamed for bad times, but that's just the easy, shallow way of seeing our problems. Our problems are not related to certain players but to a team that doesn't play together as a unit. At least that's how I see it. Everyone is free to agree or disagree, that's what these discussions are all about.
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 18-12-2006, 06:07   #525

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Gilardino will never be as good as Sheva, or win Golden Ball. But he can be as good as Pippo, and that is PRETTY GOOD! He needs some confidence back, new coach like Lippi, supporting striker and we will have 15-20 goals per season from him. That is why he is in here for, and that is what he can do.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:49.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.