AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-2009, 10:12   #526

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Astori's done pretty well at Cagliari over the past couple of years, though I doubt he'll be a starter for us. I'm pleased we're linked to Mariga again, as I think he should have been bought during the summer. He would be useful for us as neither Ambro or Rino are performing.

If I was Leo, I'd consider changing things around and simplifying in numerous areas. Clearly our "trequartistas" don't perform consistently enough and we lack width. I'd go for a 4-4-2 variation with two wide playmakers with a tough pressing central midfield. It would reduce the impetus on a single playmaker as we can look to have two creators and wingbacks would also get more help in wide areas. Pato wouldn't hopefully be required to move so wide as much and can look to do more in central areas and nearer the goal. The impetus would be on Flamini to press up and support during attacks, which he's done pretty well in recent months. Defensively we can look to be a little more solid with two lines of four in defence and midfield.

The team would look something like...

---------------Storari-------------------
Abate-----Nesta----Thiago------Zambro
--------Rino/Ambro-Flamini--------------
---Seedorf/Pirlo-----------Dinho/Pirlo----
-----------------Pato-------------------
------------------Hunter----------------

It's not the greatest set up, but given our problems this could provide some balance and we know some of the playmakers can play in wider areas (Dinho and Seedorf in the past and Pirlo this past weekend).

I'd also build the future of the side based on this model as well though with tweeks to get greater results.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 10:17   #527

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Astori is solid, maybe he will be a late boomer. But as of now, he is nothing more than Bonera.

As for the lineup dev.

I will actually try 3-5-2.

-------------Storari---------------
-------T. Silva-Nesta-Favalli--------
Abate--------Flamini-----Zambro/Janku
---------Pirlo------Dinho/Seedorf------
-----------Pato------Hunter/Pippo-----

That might works.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 10:24   #528

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Astori's done pretty well at Cagliari over the past couple of years, though I doubt he'll be a starter for us. I'm pleased we're linked to Mariga again, as I think he should have been bought during the summer. He would be useful for us as neither Ambro or Rino are performing.

If I was Leo, I'd consider changing things around and simplifying in numerous areas. Clearly our "trequartistas" don't perform consistently enough and we lack width. I'd go for a 4-4-2 variation with two wide playmakers with a tough pressing central midfield. It would reduce the impetus on a single playmaker as we can look to have two creators and wingbacks would also get more help in wide areas. Pato wouldn't hopefully be required to move so wide as much and can look to do more in central areas and nearer the goal. The impetus would be on Flamini to press up and support during attacks, which he's done pretty well in recent months. Defensively we can look to be a little more solid with two lines of four in defence and midfield.

The team would look something like...

---------------Storari-------------------
Abate-----Nesta----Thiago------Zambro
--------Rino/Ambro-Flamini--------------
---Seedorf/Pirlo-----------Dinho/Pirlo----
-----------------Pato-------------------
------------------Hunter----------------

It's not the greatest set up, but given our problems this could provide some balance and we know some of the playmakers can play in wider areas (Dinho and Seedorf in the past and Pirlo this past weekend).

I'd also build the future of the side based on this model as well though with tweeks to get greater results.
It's a pretty good system, and I like the idea. Leo has actually used this system a few times, I think, when we've been trying to score. So it's obviously something they've been practising. Although I think that Seedorf isn't at his best as a right playmaker, I think Leo has usually played Abate there. And I really don't like the whole 2 DM's thing, when you consider that we're playing with 2 pretty weak fullbacks, there's simply to many poor ball players to keep up playing possession football beyond playing the ball between the 4 defenders.
Christian is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 10:32   #529

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
If I had to take a young Italian defender, I'd give a look at Ranocchia (I think it's his name) from Bari !! I saw him twice (against Inter and against Milan) and he was impressive twice, no mistake, strong, I can't remember one single player managing to beat him ... and he had guys like Eto'o, Milito, Ronaldinho (sic) and even Pato for some minutes in front of him.

Where is Santacroce ? I didn't watch any game from Napoli, and it looks like the hype around him has falled ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 10:33   #530

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
i would stick with the 4-3-1-2 for a bit, but push Pirlo up to let him do what he does best (create ) instead of things he isnt as good at (running and defending) when everyone is healthy i like-

----------Stoari---------------
Antonini-Nesta-Silva-Zambro
--Abate-Flamini-Janks--
-----------Pirlo-----------
-----Pato--Huntelaar-----

Zambrotta could focus on defending which is what he does best, while Janks could focus on pushing up and providing service, which is what he does best.

Antonini needs to be given a shot, and Abate is dangerous on the flank and gives our team width. If Antonini doesnt do well, Bonera gets a shot, and Bonera should be a sub that gets used regardless.

Pirlo is free to create which should allow for increased chances for Pato and the Hunter.

this is a much younger and dynamic team that should have more width and a greater desire to succeed. It should also be a team with a greater ability to score.
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 10:39   #531

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
----------Stoari---------------
Antonini-Nesta-Silva-Zambro
--Abate-Flamini-Janks--
-----------Pirlo-----------
-----Pato--Huntelaar-----
From the different formations posted on the forum, it's the one I'd like to see too (not the formation as we already play with that kind of formation, but the players in).

The only change I would do is Antonini <-> Bonera, I would put Bonera as the starter before Antonini. But Bonera has to improve in a way: he makes a lot of fouls and often receives yellow cards.

For Jankulovski, it's something that can be tried, and if he doesn't manage to play well, we will still have Seedorf then to play in that position (even if they are very different).

For Abate, I prefer him to be in midfield instead of RB, it looks like he was good in his first game as a RB, but against Bari, he lost many balls and didn't defend well ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 10:51   #532

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
From the different formations posted on the forum, it's the one I'd like to see too (not the formation as we already play with that kind of formation, but the players in).

The only change I would do is Antonini <-> Bonera, I would put Bonera as the starter before Antonini. But Bonera has to improve in a way: he makes a lot of fouls and often receives yellow cards.

For Jankulovski, it's something that can be tried, and if he doesn't manage to play well, we will still have Seedorf then to play in that position (even if they are very different).

For Abate, I prefer him to be in midfield instead of RB, it looks like he was good in his first game as a RB, but against Bari, he lost many balls and didn't defend well ...
I would be totally fine with Bonera, I think something that we have been really missing is the lack of crossing and width with Gattuso and Ambro playing. they cant run enough to get wide and they are not strong at crossing. Abate and Janks should be able to run and cross, which will lead to many more chances for our strikers
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 11:18   #533

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Yeah Ranocchia is definitely a defender for future. Plus I think Nesta is his idol
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 11:50   #534

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
If I had to take a young Italian defender, I'd give a look at Ranocchia (I think it's his name) from Bari !! I saw him twice (against Inter and against Milan) and he was impressive twice, no mistake, strong, I can't remember one single player managing to beat him ... and he had guys like Eto'o, Milito, Ronaldinho (sic) and even Pato for some minutes in front of him.

Where is Santacroce ? I didn't watch any game from Napoli, and it looks like the hype around him has falled ...
Santacroce is injured, I think he just had to have surgery as well. If I can find the article I'll post it.
Mystik is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 12:26   #535

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Since he´s linked to us for a long time, I just want to say that Hernanes came back from a knee surgery in Săo Paulo X Corinthians derby(Sunday), and actually did pretty good.

Hernanes was having up and downs before the injure, but Sunday appears the old Hernanes. Hope he had found his better form...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 12:51   #536

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I've seen the game!! Hernanes showed some pure class touches, shots and passes. Also moved well after the pass. To me he looked completely able to play CM at a club like Milan. Not only classical creative DM like Pirlo does.

He is a bit slow, but moves a lot and well. His movement would not be a problem.

But, he had pretty much time and space to play all the football he played in that game I have to say. That was not EU surrounding for a creative midfielder.

Stupid Balotelli!!! Gets a red card with 1-1 Kazan-Merda and I have Merda's win on by betting ticket!!! REally, Im betting on Inter in CL...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 13:26   #537

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Mrki. I've tolerated your doomsday-style view of Milan, and I will continue to let you say what you wish. However, that does not mean that you can call people "optimsitic girls" and offend people by dismissing them in insulting ways.

The reality is that Milan is not struggling on the fronts that anyone thought. Our defense is not leaking in goals, our midfield is maintaining possession, however, it is in attack, the place where we thought we'd be fine, that is sucking big time.

Ronaldinho is obviously taking his fair share of the blame, but Pato also must shoulder this as well. The issues in Milan are not as deep as many say, and we are not on the path to becoming a small club. The issue is that we are not executing in front of the goal, and it has nothing to do with width. In fact, we're doing too much in the wide areas, and have made our attack a simple line.

What do I mean by that? The defense holds firm, the midfield will win the ball back and maintain possession in the center of the pitch, but when it comes to attack, our crosses aren't going anywhere, and the play through the middle is predictable. You just have to cut off the supply, that being either Seedorf or Dinho and then Pato. You have just shut down Milan.

That is why I hope that Seedorf, Dinho, and Pato all play. I'd also like to see Janku (can't believe I'm saying that) start a game for us. It's not an ideal situation, but we have to make do with what we have.

The question you have to ask yourself, would you rather be scoring goals left and right, but conceding more (like Roma?) or would you rather have a strong defensive base, with just the attack to figure out? Personally, I'd rather have what we have.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 13:58   #538

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Samaldinho I think the problem with Milan is the fact that there is 16 players over 30 in a squad where realistically only 22 players play. What this obviously means in 2 years these guys are going to be really really old , do you think that we will sign 10 or more new players in the next 3 years I don't think we will sign many well not that many i mean. The older and younger guys are not playing well at the moment so maybe it looks worse than it is , but for the moment it dosn't look very promising.

And i don't think that with young players we will be great they would have to be quality players. Could you imagine if Pirlo , Ambro , Seedorf , Rino , Nesta , Pippo and Zambro were 25 again we would be unstoppable

Last edited by Jay Crisp; 29-09-2009 at 14:06.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 14:04   #539

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
this team needs width and crossing, which is something that Gattuso and Ambro cant really provide, however Abate and Janks can. If Pirlo is up further he can create better and that with improved crossing should result in more goals
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 29-09-2009, 14:34   #540

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Samaldhinio, I dont think its the attack. Strikers cant do much if they dont get the ball. The midfield isnt creative or energetic enough and the one area we all worried about is THE weakest -fullbacks.

Dont be fooled by us not leaking goals. If anything that has been totally and utterly down to Nesta, Storari and bad finishing from opponents.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:29.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.