AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2004, 08:28   #46
Nova
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
but I saw the second half as I mentioned and your assesment is far off when it comes to that half. and your "one dribble" comment is off, i can off my head remember three instances when he did great dribbles/turns to get into better positions. The long balls in the second half was mainly from the feet of Nesta. I do agree that Pirlo sometimes can launch all to many of those long balls, but if he did in this game that must have been mainly in the first half.

i saw the full match too ... and to tell you the truth , Pirlo didnt played as good as he normal does ,wich is ok by me , cause I believe every player can have a day off. But I truly believe Rui Costa could make something out of it , and even if he didnt , I know Ancelotti at least tried it . I still prefer the rotation method , cause players like serginho , Rui costa , kaladze , costacurta dont get to play as much a they deserve . About Pirlo , i dont remember who said it here , but I agree on the fact that he's used to play as a starter ... So If I was the coach , I would bench him and let Rui play on wednesday ... Just to let him know you still have to fight to be one of the starting 11 . It really brakes my heart to see a player like Rui Costa on the bench , I feel so sorry for him ... it's a real shame
  Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 09:51   #47

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
i saw the full match too ... and to tell you the truth , Pirlo didnt played as good as he normal does ,wich is ok by me , cause I believe every player can have a day off. But I truly believe Rui Costa could make something out of it , and even if he didnt , I know Ancelotti at least tried it . I still prefer the rotation method , cause players like serginho , Rui costa , kaladze , costacurta dont get to play as much a they deserve . About Pirlo , i dont remember who said it here , but I agree on the fact that he's used to play as a starter ... So If I was the coach , I would bench him and let Rui play on wednesday ... Just to let him know you still have to fight to be one of the starting 11 . It really brakes my heart to see a player like Rui Costa on the bench , I feel so sorry for him ... it's a real shame
If it's only shame that Rui is benched, then there is nothing to get shame about.

Otherwise, who would have thought that Kaka` would kick RUi out of startin XI last year?

I think yesterday's draw is due to our poor finishing. I don't see why people need to bash Pirlo and at the same time don't bash Crespo, if he is in ANYWAY better. I"m not saying Crespo is crap, but he doesn't do a lot yesterday too.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 10:04   #48
Nova
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
If it's only shame that Rui is benched, then there is nothing to get shame about.

Otherwise, who would have thought that Kaka` would kick RUi out of startin XI last year?

I think yesterday's draw is due to our poor finishing. I don't see why people need to bash Pirlo and at the same time don't bash Crespo, if he is in ANYWAY better. I"m not saying Crespo is crap, but he doesn't do a lot yesterday too.
Rui and kaka play perfectly together ... Don't know why Rui should have been kicked out of the starting 11 .
  Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 10:32   #49

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
Rui and kaka play perfectly together ... Don't know why Rui should have been kicked out of the starting 11 .
Maybe.. just maybe...

Ancelotti played them only against the smaller side, and they always do well, but the coach also knows that if they play together against stronger team, it'll leave out more space for opponent etc etc etc...

Get what I mean?
They can get well in one game but not others...
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 10:43   #50
Nova
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Maybe.. just maybe...

Ancelotti played them only against the smaller side, and they always do well, but the coach also knows that if they play together against stronger team, it'll leave out more space for opponent etc etc etc...

Get what I mean?
They can get well in one game but not others...
well ... you don't know if you don't try it
  Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 11:16   #51

Laudrup

Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12 2000
Location: Cph.
Laudrup is on a distinguished road
GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 6; Cafu 6.5, Nesta 6.5, Maldini 6, Pancaro 6; Gattuso 6.5, Pirlo 6, Seedorf 5, (Ambrosini 6.5); Kaka 7; Shevchenko 5.5, Crespo 5. Coach Ancelotti: 6.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 7; Cafu 7, Nesta 6.5, Maldini 6.5, Pancaro 6; Gattuso 7, Pirlo 6.5, Seedorf 6, (Ambrosini 5.5); Kaka 7; Shevchenko 6, Crespo 5.5. Coach Ancelotti: 6.5.

TUTTOSPORT: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 6; Cafu 6.5, Nesta 7, Maldini 6.5, Pancaro 6; Gattuso 6, Pirlo 6, Seedorf 6, (Ambrosini 5.5); Kaka 7; Shevchenko 5.5, Crespo 5.5 (Tomasson n.r.). Coach Ancelotti: 6.5.

IL GIORNALE: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 6; Cafu 6, Nesta 5.5, Maldini 6, Pancaro 5.5; Gattuso 6, Pirlo 6, Seedorf 5, (Ambrosini 5.5); Kaka 7.5; Shevchenko 6, Crespo 5.5 (Tomasson n.r.). Coach Ancelotti: 6.

LA REPUBBLICA: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 6; Cafu 6.5, Nesta 6, Maldini 7, Pancaro 6; Gattuso 7.5, Pirlo 6, Seedorf 5.5, (Ambrosini 6); Kaka 7; Shevchenko 5, Crespo 5.5 (Tomasson n.r.). Coach Ancelotti: 6.5.

But well, if Bayman and some guys from the Inter forum say he was disastrous ....

90% of Milan's building-up of attacking play goes through Pirlo, we're a team that does not take too many chances, when we're up against quality opposition we give more priority to defence and rely on counter attacks - have faith in a few, spectacular players to make the difference offensively and keep the majority of men behind the ball; Pirlo as we know possesses the playmaking qualities and is given absolute freedom to construct, often he'll make attempts through long balls and crosses, therefore it's only logical you'll see a large percentage leading to nowhere, not only last night. It's how our vigilant, conservative coach prefers to play certain games so better get used to it. If there's something Carletto does not accept it's to see his side getting caught on a counter, better an ambitious, long cross from Pirlo or Nesta that involves no risk defensively.
Laudrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 11:50   #52

Bayman

Registered User
 
Bayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Bayman is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry I don't give a rats ass about these ratings. Mostly written by guys who know sh!t on football.
Il Giornale Nesta 5.5, wtf? Tuttosport give him 7, rightly so. (the difference in ratings make these kinds of player judgement ridiculous anyway)

I prefer to judge things by myself, what I saw through my own eyes.
__________________
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple."
Bill Shankly
Bayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 11:58   #53

Bayman

Registered User
 
Bayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Bayman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
I think yesterday's draw is due to our poor finishing. I don't see why people need to bash Pirlo and at the same time don't bash Crespo, if he is in ANYWAY better. I"m not saying Crespo is crap, but he doesn't do a lot yesterday too.
I thought Crespo played OK game, on the same level as Shevchenko and Tomasson.
These unlucky guys simply don't get any support from midfield. Alone vs. 4 defenders and 3 midfielders isn't an easy task. The only players who are really helping to create scoring chances are Cafu (wonder where all the guys have gone who called him an old fart when he joined us and instead called for *cough* Totti *cough*, vanderVaart, Ferrari and Mexes to join Milan) and Kaka.
__________________
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple."
Bill Shankly
Bayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 12:06   #54

Laudrup

Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12 2000
Location: Cph.
Laudrup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayman
I prefer to judge things by myself, what I saw through my own eyes.
I'd never figured

Obviously most of us feel the same way, sometimes the ratings correspond with your own opinion, sometimes they don't. Most often I find Gazzetta's ratings to be in accordance with my opinion, more or less, and I have observed that the above listed are no exception: as I stated last night: Kaka', Maldini, Nesta and Gattuso our most prominent players and as for Pirlo, I think most papers got it right: 6 for a solid, not great performance.

Quote:
Mostly written by guys who know sh!t on football.
Hehe, quite laughable coming from you, Bayman
Laudrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 13:06   #55

Grande-Milan-DK

Registered User
 
Grande-Milan-DK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 1999
Location: Denmark,Sønderjylland
Fave Players: THE ONE AND ONLY: ANDREA PIRLO!
Grande-Milan-DK
As Laudrup posted Pirlo was one of the beTTER players if you look in the papers .. also if you ask me .. he covered the ball well and had some very good situations .. and few bad passes .. but only few.

Every player did well .. only Sheva seemed to have an off-day
__________________
-----------------www.AcMilan.DK----------------
---------------Milan Tifosi Denmark---------------
-----------------Official Fanclub-----------------


Last edited by Grande-Milan-DK; 25-10-2004 at 13:17.
Grande-Milan-DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 14:05   #56

CuoreRossoNero

Registered User
 
CuoreRossoNero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka, San Paolo
CuoreRossoNero is on a distinguished road
Milan played a good game, definitely better then Inter. We made a few careless mistakes in the beginning but other than that inter didn't really get any chances. The only thing missing on our end was finishing.

As for the Rui Costa debate. My take on this is that Milan can't play with Rui and Seedorf together they tend to slow down the game too much and allow the other team to set up. They are both extremely talented players but if you notice a lot of our chances come from Kaka or cafu attackin their defenders and making things happen. Rui and Seedorf like to hold on to the ball and slow the game down it is great for possession but it doesn't translate to additional scoring chances. I like both of them but I think Milan's attack develops too slow when they are both on the field together.
__________________
Milan 4 Life
CuoreRossoNero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 14:20   #57

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
well ... you don't know if you don't try it
But he may have already tried it in training...
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 14:23   #58

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Accept it Laundrup and triniman:
Someone here is born to complain in nature , without the capacity of appreciating what other people do.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 14:28   #59

Haroon

Registered User
 
Haroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2002
Location: Lahore, Pakistan.
Haroon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup
GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 6; Cafu 6.5, Nesta 6.5, Maldini 6, Pancaro 6; Gattuso 6.5, Pirlo 6, Seedorf 5, (Ambrosini 6.5); Kaka 7; Shevchenko 5.5, Crespo 5. Coach Ancelotti: 6.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 7; Cafu 7, Nesta 6.5, Maldini 6.5, Pancaro 6; Gattuso 7, Pirlo 6.5, Seedorf 6, (Ambrosini 5.5); Kaka 7; Shevchenko 6, Crespo 5.5. Coach Ancelotti: 6.5.

TUTTOSPORT: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 6; Cafu 6.5, Nesta 7, Maldini 6.5, Pancaro 6; Gattuso 6, Pirlo 6, Seedorf 6, (Ambrosini 5.5); Kaka 7; Shevchenko 5.5, Crespo 5.5 (Tomasson n.r.). Coach Ancelotti: 6.5.

IL GIORNALE: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 6; Cafu 6, Nesta 5.5, Maldini 6, Pancaro 5.5; Gattuso 6, Pirlo 6, Seedorf 5, (Ambrosini 5.5); Kaka 7.5; Shevchenko 6, Crespo 5.5 (Tomasson n.r.). Coach Ancelotti: 6.

LA REPUBBLICA: MILAN-INTER RATINGS: Dida 6; Cafu 6.5, Nesta 6, Maldini 7, Pancaro 6; Gattuso 7.5, Pirlo 6, Seedorf 5.5, (Ambrosini 6); Kaka 7; Shevchenko 5, Crespo 5.5 (Tomasson n.r.). Coach Ancelotti: 6.5.

But well, if Bayman and some guys from the Inter forum say he was disastrous ....

90% of Milan's building-up of attacking play goes through Pirlo, we're a team that does not take too many chances, when we're up against quality opposition we give more priority to defence and rely on counter attacks - have faith in a few, spectacular players to make the difference offensively and keep the majority of men behind the ball; Pirlo as we know possesses the playmaking qualities and is given absolute freedom to construct, often he'll make attempts through long balls and crosses, therefore it's only logical you'll see a large percentage leading to nowhere, not only last night. It's how our vigilant, conservative coach prefers to play certain games so better get used to it. If there's something Carletto does not accept it's to see his side getting caught on a counter, better an ambitious, long cross from Pirlo or Nesta that involves no risk defensively.

Tyge,

Look at the ratings given to Ambro by Gazzetta and compare it to Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Cafu. I think Gazzetta is way off in this rating. It is ridiculous to give Pirlo and Ambro so many points. How Ambro gets 6.5 is beyond me and how Pirlo gets 6 is questionable when you compare it to our best players in last night's game i.e Kaka, Nesta, Gattuso, Cafu and Maldini.
__________________
___________________

ACM 1899
___________________
Haroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 14:45   #60

AC_Merda

Registered User
 
AC_Merda's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Fave Players: Karagounis, Javier Zanetti and Oba
AC_Merda is on a distinguished road
It was a fair result, neither team really dominated. Both teams had good chances, for Inter it was mostly 1st half while you guys had the majority of chances in the 2nd.

Though I must say, Mancio sticks to Vieri like a wet blanket. Bobo was good for the first 10 minutes of the game, then became a ghost. Martins should have been substituted at the beginning of the 2nd, not 10 fackin minutes before FT!

Props to Kaka (easily your best player, well maybe Nesta too), guy made a mockery of our defense after his lack-lustre performance against Barca.

See you for Round 2 when we're the "home" team.
AC_Merda is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.