AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-10-2005, 20:26   #46

pa7uel

Registered User
 
pa7uel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Villa Urquiza, Argentina
Fave Players: Seedorf,Guillermo B. Schelotto, el Beto Yaqué
pa7uel is on a distinguished road
Crespo should have stayed and we wont be even having this discussion.
__________________
Patuel ----------->Yo sOy AsI a AlmAgRo yO Lo qUIeRo...



http://ubbiar.fotolog.com/patuel_tricolor
pa7uel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 21:27   #47

Billy_Montreal

Moderator
 
Billy_Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: M-O-N-T-R-E-A-L
Fave Players: The Ministry of Defence: Paolo, Billy, Sandro
Billy_Montreal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
We could do with him over Vieri, and to stick to the real basis of this thread, since in the title post, price/cost was not mentioned, lets not compare apples with oranges (rotten apples in the case of eeediat Vieri, and Seville Oranges in the case of Raul) .

But if the choice were, hypothetically, Raul on a free, vs Vieri on a free....proven in Serie A or no, I dont even think Vieri would even be considered more than for a fleeting second. The obvious choice would be the Spaniard.

And as to Vieri being "satisfied" on the bench...lets see how satified he is after the winter break and no starts...plus, Raul is an automatic starter...he could take Seedorf´s position on the left any day in my book, if we opted for Gila and Sheva as our two strikers.

Please do not compare Javi Moreno and Jose Mari with Raul...thats like...saying your Sunday league team could give Milan´s first team competition, maybe even drawing a match with the rossoneri 1st 11. It just isnt a fair comparison.

Plus, we have been hotly linked with Torres recently...actually, dont we have first refusal or something like that with Atletico?



I was not implying that, I was simply stating that if I had the choice of either, on equal terms, ie free, or say at $10M, I would chose Raul 100 times over. And to make the point that there are players currently in our roster that he could replace, 100 times over.
no offense but by your rationale there is no reason to even discuss things...you don't want to take salary, transfer fees into account yet you want to discuss IF we didn't had the option of Raul..IF Raul played in Serie A...you want to argue without the realistic facts (salary, transfer fees of a player) but WITH hypotheticals.
Fact of the matter is that we could spend our money in better areas.
No one called RAUL worthless...However we have Kaka who is in his early 20's and Sheva who is the same age as Raul who has a PROVEN track record in Serie A and in Europe....
There is no reason..no logic and no rationale behind even thinking about purchasing RAUL...
If you don't want posters to say "MILAN SHOULDN'T TAKE RAUL" and take it as saying RAUL sucks....maybe the initial question should have been "WHAT do you think of RAUL".

By the way, the idiot you call Vieri ripped up LA LIGA in the one season he was there...the idiot you call Vieri has been a consistent scorer in Serie A for years where players from La Liga and the Prem. ship were barely able to keep up with the pace...
Please, for the sake of respect lets not throw the 'idiot' title around so freely...
__________________
"Certi sogni non finiscono mai."
Alessandro Costacurta, Rossonero per Sempre.
Billy_Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 21:51   #48

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
its not idiot billy, it eeediat


mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 22:00   #49

pa7uel

Registered User
 
pa7uel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Villa Urquiza, Argentina
Fave Players: Seedorf,Guillermo B. Schelotto, el Beto Yaqué
pa7uel is on a distinguished road
we can agree now that there is no agreement.
__________________
Patuel ----------->Yo sOy AsI a AlmAgRo yO Lo qUIeRo...



http://ubbiar.fotolog.com/patuel_tricolor
pa7uel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 22:01   #50

Billy_Montreal

Moderator
 
Billy_Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: M-O-N-T-R-E-A-L
Fave Players: The Ministry of Defence: Paolo, Billy, Sandro
Billy_Montreal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
its not idiot billy, it eeediat


oh sorry
__________________
"Certi sogni non finiscono mai."
Alessandro Costacurta, Rossonero per Sempre.
Billy_Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 04:46   #51

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Montreal
By the way, the idiot you call Vieri ripped up LA LIGA in the one season he was there...the idiot you call Vieri has been a consistent scorer in Serie A for years where players from La Liga and the Prem. ship were barely able to keep up with the pace...
Please, for the sake of respect lets not throw the 'idiot' title around so freely...
Warro is not advocating any such thing as Raul coming to Milan. I dont know where you came up with that one. Being that you're the lawyer and all let me use your same rationale of Vieri and stick that to someone like Ronaldo. Didnt Ronaldo do very well in Serie A??? Was he not a multiple FIFA player of the year??? It is obvious that his time in Spain isnt as well as his Serie A days. So does this mean Serie A sucks??? I'd sure hate for the Primera fan to use the same argument that you are using. I mean if you're gonna call for rationale then at least use rational thinking too.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 13:03   #52

Billy_Montreal

Moderator
 
Billy_Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: M-O-N-T-R-E-A-L
Fave Players: The Ministry of Defence: Paolo, Billy, Sandro
Billy_Montreal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
Warro is not advocating any such thing as Raul coming to Milan. I dont know where you came up with that one. Being that you're the lawyer and all let me use your same rationale of Vieri and stick that to someone like Ronaldo. Didnt Ronaldo do very well in Serie A??? Was he not a multiple FIFA player of the year??? It is obvious that his time in Spain isnt as well as his Serie A days. So does this mean Serie A sucks??? I'd sure hate for the Primera fan to use the same argument that you are using. I mean if you're gonna call for rationale then at least use rational thinking too.
Being a lawyer has nothing to do with this soccer debate..I really don't see why you have to bring in someone's personal life into this...anyhow.

My argument which you are obviously missing was not about Serie A versus La Liga or Vieri versus Raul..the argument (or sub-argument) was that calling Vieri an idiot and writing him off as 'crap' is absurd given his history in both Serie A and La Liga (since we are discussing Raul). Vieri has been a force in Serie A, La Liga and the National Team...to write him off as a nothing more than a third rate player is quite absurd...more importantly, (something I didn't mention before) HE IS A MILAN PLAYER. Do we not support the team? or do we choose to support only the players we feel "fit the team" better than others??

About Ronaldo...no one would make that argument because between Serie A and La Liga a little thing called "YEAR LONG INJURY" plagued Ronaldo keeping him out of Serie A for close to two years...no doubt it had an affect on his game..that is quite obvious. For these reasons, even that argument you are trying to make falls flat.
__________________
"Certi sogni non finiscono mai."
Alessandro Costacurta, Rossonero per Sempre.
Billy_Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 16:59   #53

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
We dont need this raul he is way way past his prime before he scored a lot of goals in europe he cant score much no more
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 10:40   #54

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Montreal
Being a lawyer has nothing to do with this soccer debate..I really don't see why you have to bring in someone's personal life into this...anyhow.

My argument which you are obviously missing was not about Serie A versus La Liga or Vieri versus Raul..the argument (or sub-argument) was that calling Vieri an idiot and writing him off as 'crap' is absurd given his history in both Serie A and La Liga (since we are discussing Raul). Vieri has been a force in Serie A, La Liga and the National Team...to write him off as a nothing more than a third rate player is quite absurd...more importantly, (something I didn't mention before) HE IS A MILAN PLAYER. Do we not support the team? or do we choose to support only the players we feel "fit the team" better than others??

About Ronaldo...no one would make that argument because between Serie A and La Liga a little thing called "YEAR LONG INJURY" plagued Ronaldo keeping him out of Serie A for close to two years...no doubt it had an affect on his game..that is quite obvious. For these reasons, even that argument you are trying to make falls flat.
Ok point taken. Mind you that Warro was only using the reference eeeddiiiaate Vieri because someone else said they had prefered "eeedddiiiooot Vieri" over Raul. I know what your side of the argument is. I think Warro has an argument too though. The question isnt about Vieri. It is about RAUL. I would love to have him here too. And I again understand clearly when you say Vieri is the better "deal" as he was a free transfer. So clearly I'm happy we do have Vieri. But what Warro was trying to come across is that so many people have strong and to some extent an unfair opinion of Raul. I like he, will say let the record show for itself then... Raul has more silverware and more career "smarts" than Vieri. Besides we are trying to support players who are kinda both in the low points of their career without a doubt, so I dont understand why we are comparing an apple and orange here.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 16:06   #55

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
Ok point taken. Mind you that Warro was only using the reference eeeddiiiaate Vieri because someone else said they had prefered "eeedddiiiooot Vieri" over Raul. I know what your side of the argument is. I think Warro has an argument too though. The question isnt about Vieri. It is about RAUL. I would love to have him here too. And I again understand clearly when you say Vieri is the better "deal" as he was a free transfer. So clearly I'm happy we do have Vieri. But what Warro was trying to come across is that so many people have strong and to some extent an unfair opinion of Raul. I like he, will say let the record show for itself then... Raul has more silverware and more career "smarts" than Vieri. Besides we are trying to support players who are kinda both in the low points of their career without a doubt, so I dont understand why we are comparing an apple and orange here.
my argument and alot of people agree with me is that we shouldnt go for raul because all that silverware came at a time when he was actually worthy of coming here, now hes nothing special, just another normal striker that doesnt make it in the headlines, the reason why u still see him discussed is because of his history... wether u like him or not doesnt mean he should be bought, there are sooo many better players out there at the moment and for a cheaper price.

thats what were arguing
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 16:20   #56

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
my argument and alot of people agree with me is that we shouldnt go for raul because all that silverware came at a time when he was actually worthy of coming here, now hes nothing special, just another normal striker that doesnt make it in the headlines, the reason why u still see him discussed is because of his history... wether u like him or not doesnt mean he should be bought, there are sooo many better players out there at the moment and for a cheaper price.

thats what were arguing
yeah i agree
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 19:22   #57

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Wink

Kui, some how, u can understand my point, which is simply: I wouldnt mind if Raul was a Milan player...I am not advocating breaking the bank to buy him, or even that we should buy him, I just rather him on our team, than against us.

Similarly for Ronaldo and Ronaldihno, Messi, and Robinho, who wouldnt want players if this calibre in your favourite club´s squad? I certainly wish they played for Milan

Wishing, and demanding, are two totally different things, and if others wish not to have Raul, then thats fine too. I am sure some people wanted eee...(ok)..ahem.. Vieri...in our team, and they are entitled to their view, as much as I may disagree with it. I would never want Vieri, simply because I think he is finished. Our milanlab may bring him back to his goal every other game stats of a few seasons ago, and then, yes, I will admit(Grudgingly) that he made a good conribution to our (hopefully) attaining silverware this term.

But I still dont like him, and prefer: Raul, who, among the aformentioned players above, I wish played for AC Milan. Who doesnt agree with that, then, fine, no hard feelings...why waste hard feelings over that, when I have so much hard feelings to vent toward Juve and Inter?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 04:01   #58

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
my argument and alot of people agree with me is that we shouldnt go for raul because all that silverware came at a time when he was actually worthy of coming here, now hes nothing special, just another normal striker that doesnt make it in the headlines, the reason why u still see him discussed is because of his history... wether u like him or not doesnt mean he should be bought, there are sooo many better players out there at the moment and for a cheaper price.

thats what were arguing
And I dont disagree with what you're saying. Our only contention or those of Warro was that the criticism of Raul was quite unfair. Neither did we advocate his services here at Milan. We only asked that people in kind respect what the original poster had made when he said he would like to see Raul in Milan.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 15:26   #59

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
i for one give him respect for his record he achieved, but honestly, looking at the player recently, hes nothing special, but he still has that record
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 15:47   #60

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
i for one give him respect for his record he achieved, but honestly, looking at the player recently, hes nothing special, but he still has that record
yes because he was a scoring machine ages ago
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:39.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.