AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 09:05   #46

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
You know in light of this draw, I had said in the prediction thread that Man U was going to win this CL title. Now that they have the potential to play us in the semi-finals, my mind has changed and now I must follow my heart. Call me crazy, but AC Milan will win this years CL. I dont know it... I feel it. Now I'm one who tends to believe knowing produces more results than feeling or emoting things. Yet once in a while it is good to follow one's heart and I do so this time.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:28   #47

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Clive Tyldesley's predictions.
You won't like what he says about Milan



__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:39   #48

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Clive Tyldesley's predictions.
You won't like what he says about Milan



yeah, with such foolproof arguments like his, supported by an obviously fair opinion, which is lacking any pro-EPL bias ... I say, Milan shouldn't even come out for those encounters

btw, who the ____ is this pseudo "expert"? Would love the look on his face when Chelski and ManU crash out of the CL
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:51   #49

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
yeah, with such foolproof arguments like his, supported by an obviously fair opinion, which is lacking any pro-EPL bias ... I say, Milan shouldn't even come out for those encounters

btw, who the ____ is this pseudo "expert"? Would love the look on his face when Chelski and ManU crash out of the CL
Lol, he's an Englishman after all. You can't expect him to say smthg else
I have no idea who is he, but the guy who gave me this article told me this Clive Tyldesley predicted Milan-Liverpool final in 2005 with Liverpool being the winners and Milan-Juve final in 2006 with Milan winning it.
He was wrong about last year, but the 2005 prediction is impressive, and he did put Italians in the final in last 2 years, so he's not so much anti-ITA !
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:51   #50

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
yeah, with such foolproof arguments like his, supported by an obviously fair opinion, which is lacking any pro-EPL bias ... I say, Milan shouldn't even come out for those encounters

btw, who the ____ is this pseudo "expert"? Would love the look on his face when Chelski and ManU crash out of the CL
I mean, if he can't even read the present right, how can he predict? Look:

"Inter Milan are the best team in Italy"...

Well, let alone the grammatical mistake, I stop reading here
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:55   #51

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Clive Tyldesley's predictions.
You won't like what he says about Milan
I say to Clive Tyldesley...

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:03   #52

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
I say to Clive Tyldesley...

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !
And Carlo Ancelotti will be our modern day Leonidas
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:04   #53

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
And this time we will win the CL.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:05   #54

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
And Carlo Ancelotti will be our modern day Leonidas
Thanks for giving out Leonidas' name. I couldnt remember who said it.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:22   #55

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
Thanks for giving out Leonidas' name. I couldnt remember who said it.
According to the ancient Greek legend, Spartan king Leonidas said this to Persian king Xerxes.
Xerxes had an army of over 500 000 ( Plutarch says over 1 Million) while Leonidas had only 300 warriors. When Xerxes offered to spare their lives, Leonidas replied with " Molon Lave" ( Come and get them) and so the famous Battle of Thermopylae started !

You know, Spartans were kinda crazy. When they went to war it was forbidden for them to step out of the battle field. When the other Greeks heard Persians have an army of over half a million , they all escaped, but the Spartan laws didn't allow Leonidas to escape ( you know that famous quote " With your shield, or on it") so he knew he was outnumbered, he knew he'll certanly die but still he didn't retreat and faught with the Persians.
They all died, of course.
Geez, whenever i read this story i get the shivers all over me !
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:26   #56

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
have no idea who is he, but the guy who gave me this article told me this Clive Tyldesley predicted Milan-Liverpool final in 2005 with Liverpool being the winners and Milan-Juve final in 2006 with Milan winning it.
He is just a commentator on ITV, not an ex pro or a pundit

That said, he may be English and no doubt a little biased (arent we all?) but you'd have to be a fool to not see he does know European football well. I dont see any real reason to condemn his prediction except for 1 tie where he feels Bayern will beat Milan, and considering they put out real and Milan scraped past Celtic in extra time is that really so illogical?

Utd - Roma will be a tough match and with Utds decimated strikeforce Roma could pull it off but they would lose to the winner of Bayern-Milan. Liverpool should be too solid for PSV but would lose to Chelsea-Valencia's winner.

I said Chelsea would win at the start of the year and still think they will, in fact i imagine Mourinho may well repeat his Porto celebrations and walk off to announce he'll be managing Inter or real next season
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:55   #57

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
They all died, of course.
Geez, whenever i read this story i get the shivers all over me !
I hope this doesnt happen with Milan. I'm hoping for a different result than Thermopylae. A win and a great story to tell is what I hope.
Isnt a movie coming out about this??? I could have sworn I saw this on the tv some days ago. I hear its historically inaccurate this movie is.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:59   #58

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Lol, he's an Englishman after all. You can't expect him to say smthg else
I have no idea who is he, but the guy who gave me this article told me this Clive Tyldesley predicted Milan-Liverpool final in 2005 with Liverpool being the winners and Milan-Juve final in 2006 with Milan winning it.
He was wrong about last year, but the 2005 prediction is impressive, and he did put Italians in the final in last 2 years, so he's not so much anti-ITA !
prediction before a game is one thing - there are two teams and you pick one (his choice was obvious for even more obvious reasons) - but I wonder what he was thinking at HT when Milan were 3-0 up ... did his "expertise" still made him make those same predictions ... or was he desperately trying to come up with a list with a whole bunch of mhmhmmmms and upppphhhs disgised in the form of a seemingly educated analysis
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:04   #59

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
We're playing the first leg at home Deportivo and Barca flashing before my eyes
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:04   #60

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
before the game is one thing zlat, before the tournament is another, surely that was clear from the 2006 prediction? he would hardly have said Milan or Juve would win if he already knew it was a Barca - Arsenal final
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.