AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-2007, 21:35   #46

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9
Personally, i dont like Abbiati very much. He's very acrobatic, but IMO not consistent enough. Given the choice I would take Dida over him any day.....Alright BMW, I hope the check is in the mail
And here it is.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 22:02   #47

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Why do we need big names when we are the european champions? We are the best! Big names are for real madrid.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 22:31   #48

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
JUst have a feeling MIlan will sign two midfielders and another strikers.

BTW, I know Donati is gone, but where is Dalla Bona????
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 02:33   #49

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
LOL. BMW, remind me to ask for cash next time.

@hwmook: Abbiati can be the subject of some pretty polarizing debate---much like Dida! But you are right in the sense that he played a huge role in us winning the league in 1999. The problem though is that after that I didnt feel he showed too much consistency, and while still making unbelievable saves, would let in some pretty soft goals. I'm not saying Dida is rock solid (okay BMW, I'll return the check ), but compared to Abbiati, and given a long season with decisive games, I feel he is more consistent, and less prone to conceding "soft" goals, so to speak. I guess in the end its just a matter or preference. But you'll have to agree that with Buffon or Cech in our goalkeeping department, we'd be able to watch most Milan games with a heart rate of less than 100...As of now, each time a corner or a free kick comes in, I'm freaking out
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 05:27   #50

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489
.. but where is Dalla Bona????
If I am not mistaken, he signed for Napoli last season.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 06:01   #51

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489
JUst have a feeling MIlan will sign two midfielders and another strikers.
I don't... I have a feeling that we will not have as many injuries this season as last season. Then we are the best team no matter if we sign more players or not.
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 13:22   #52

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9
LOL. BMW, remind me to ask for cash next time.

@hwmook: Abbiati can be the subject of some pretty polarizing debate---much like Dida! But you are right in the sense that he played a huge role in us winning the league in 1999. The problem though is that after that I didnt feel he showed too much consistency, and while still making unbelievable saves, would let in some pretty soft goals. I'm not saying Dida is rock solid (okay BMW, I'll return the check ), but compared to Abbiati, and given a long season with decisive games, I feel he is more consistent, and less prone to conceding "soft" goals, so to speak. I guess in the end its just a matter or preference. But you'll have to agree that with Buffon or Cech in our goalkeeping department, we'd be able to watch most Milan games with a heart rate of less than 100...As of now, each time a corner or a free kick comes in, I'm freaking out
Like i said, abbiati and dida are exactly the same type of keeper, they save near certain goals and let in soft goals especially balls coming from corners or crosses. I am scared whenever i see any opponents who keep trying to play long balls into our penalty area. The only solution is to get a more solid keeper but don't expect them to save our arse from near certain goals. I remember being so impressed with abbiati that i told my brother there is no way anybody can score in a 1 on 1 situation against abbiati. Remember the semi final 2nd leg against inter in 2003 UCL, abbiati save from martins in a 1 on 1 situation in the final minutes. Martins was totally clear and only abbiati remain but i was so confident that abbiati will save our arse and he did.

I have been thinking of our team keeper after Dida who is surely on his last legs, i wonder who is good enough to take over him.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 15:25   #53

Dave

Registered User
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2004
Location: Armenia,Yerevan
Fave Players: All Milan squad+Ronaldinho
Dave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9
As of now, each time a corner or a free kick comes in, I'm freaking out
So Do I!!!
__________________
ROSSONERO SINCE BIRTH AND WILL BE UNTILL DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rossoneri PER SEMPRE!!!!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 01:24   #54

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
I know, nothing makes the heart flutter like AC Milan defending a free kick and Dida flapping at the air....
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 02:03   #55

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't why ACM is keeping d!da after all what he has done in the past 3 seasons
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 09:27   #56

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook
Dida and abbiati are similar keepers who can save difficult shots but always make errors on high balls. Abbiati > Dida in acrobatic stunts though.
Abbiati is not even close to being close to Dida when it comes to super saves. Dida have made some of the most incredible saves I ever seen, while Abbiati sometimes made simple saves look difficult. he will mostly be remembered for that save in the last round against Reggina. Some people like me also remember us leaking loads of goals all years with him as first keeper and that freekicks felt like penalties against him.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 13:37   #57

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57
I don't why ACM is keeping d!da after all what he has done in the past 3 seasons
Enlighten us with your irrelevant genius, o grand Zeekay.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 11:25   #58

Nordahl

Registered User
 
Nordahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2007
Location: Brazil - RJ - Rio de Janeiro
Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Baresi, Zico, Platini
Nordahl is on a distinguished road
Van de Vaart
__________________
FORZA MILAN!

Nordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 09:04   #59

yoan girl fan

Registered User
 
yoan girl fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Fave Players: yoann gourcuff,kaka,pires and others
yoan girl fan is on a distinguished road
new player for the team!!!

who's the player(from any team) do you think ACmillan should make a deal with?choose and tell whay he's a good chois for millan
yoan girl fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 09:45   #60

Bodat

Moderator
 
Bodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 1999
Location: Milanmania
Fave Players: Baghera la pantera - il Guerriero
Bodat is on a distinguished road
I think David Copperfield from FC. Magic Box would suit our needs in adding depth in creating chances to score goals for our side...

Seriously, there are so many similar thread like this in this forum. So, this thread has to be merged...
__________________
Respect
Be tasteful about your posts and replies. Remember NO violent, political, religious, racist or vile posts will be tolerated, neither will personal attacks of any nature. Such behavior has nothing to do with supporting a football team. Respect your fellow members and they will respect you.

Click here to read the Rules
Bodat is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:45.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.