AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 08:24   #46

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Jim, great thoughts. I have something similar that has been floating around in my head as I hear Gilberto being unsettled, he'd probably come here and feel like he is reborn. What's his age?
Also, Given continually impresses me. When I watch Newcastle, I can only think of how much worse it could be without Given. Much like Casillas when Madrid has been spotty, he has probably saved them tens of points over the last few years as their defense has crumbled. Will he make a move to Italy? Doubt it, but I think he is someone who could be one of those sneaky buys. Never heard him voice anything about leaving, yet I don't follow Newcastle so I wouldn't know.

Also, has the talk of wanting Huntelaar to come here died down? I watched him on the weekend against Feyenoord, he scored but he looks really slow. He was outpaced a few times, but he is also a strong, big guy, so he can probably offset the pace issues with his control and holding skills.
jtelly is offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 11:22   #47

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd
We could go for a guy like Eto'o, Aguero or Ibrahimovic, but I don't think their perspective teams would want to sell the player, especially at the price we'd be willing to offer. Believe me, if Drogba does end up signing with us (that'd be a miracle), he would not cost 30 million.
I haven't talked to him personally, but there are many rumors about Drogba's crappy personality. Will an individual like him really suit Milan?
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 11:40   #48

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Milan don't need another old expensive striker. I am certain the next striker we will go for will be a mature second-striker in the age of 25-27. I wouldn't mind going for Benzema if their aim was to spend the cash, but I certainly wouldn't take Borriello or Oliveira back. I'd rather we take Cassano in all honesty. Giuseppe Rossi can also be nice, he plays so much like Pato too.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 14:07   #49

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
There would be a tactical reason to go with Drogba. His power can tear apart teams in Serie A games. We need someone with his characteristics.

Weah was signed at 29 y o and still was able to produce a few seasons of pure magic. Are we discussing over a player like Drogba ?
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 15:11   #50

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Agreed. A player like Drogba would be needed for the big games, whereas someone like Benezma would require more time to affect such matches imo.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 15:59   #51

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Inter is intersented in Rossi, this sucks. I like to see Rossi play for Milan. I think Rossi once said that he is a AC Milan fan,so I hope he joins us.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 16:23   #52

ThrusT

Registered User
 
ThrusT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Pirlo, Serginho, Baresi, Rui Costa
ThrusT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco
Inter is intersented in Rossi, this sucks. I like to see Rossi play for Milan. I think Rossi once said that he is a AC Milan fan,so I hope he joins us.
The defender or the attacker?
If its the attacker, I really wonder why Inter wants to sign him. They have an army of forwards and it will increase with Balotelli and Adriano next year. Seems like the dumbest move ever.
Does Suazo actually even play for our neighbours?(I'm sorry but I don't watch their matches )
ThrusT is offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 19:30   #53

kawiki

Registered User
 
kawiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: kotabesar
Fave Players: il capitano
kawiki is on a distinguished road
I don't think shay given will ever move from newcatle, he spent almost his entire career there. What happened to Hugo Lloris or Ochoa? Aren't they being scouted too?

As for the striker, combination of Kaka - Drogba - Pato will be veeery interesting... if we just can we swap drogba and gila...

And for defense, why don't we get Micah Richards, they say he's a wonderkid in EPL...

Btw, is zambrotta already 100% will move to us?
kawiki is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 03:10   #54

MLM

Registered User
 
MLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: J-Town
Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by forward
I haven't talked to him personally, but there are many rumors about Drogba's crappy personality. Will an individual like him really suit Milan?
i don't think so.Milan is the team which is always put the loyalty above everything.with Drogba's standard i don't think he will suits to us.everytimes he doesn't like one thing in his club he starts bitching.Chelsea was the last who suffered it but as a player he is really great.good skills, great dribbling, and all u need as a forward besides.. i think he won't be sell by Chelski with cheap prize.. but i won't mind if he joins us as long as Berlu don't have to spend all the budget for only him in summer
MLM is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 06:40   #55

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Frey In Come-And-Get-Me Plea To Milan
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 06:42   #56

Giorgos

Registered User
 
Giorgos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: Greece,Thessaloniki (Macedonia)
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd
I cannot wait to see what kind of mess the management is going to make this transfer season.

As for possible transfer targets, a new goalkeeper, two wing backs, one central defender, a midfielder who can sub for Kaka, one or two new strikers (depends on whether Ronaldo and Gilardino will be leaving).
I tottaly agree with you...
__________________
PAOK Thessaloniki for Ever....
Giorgos is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 06:43   #57

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Kaká Laughs Off Ronaldinho To Inter Rumours
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 08:18   #58

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kakà, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiki
I don't think shay given will ever move from newcatle, he spent almost his entire career there. What happened to Hugo Lloris or Ochoa? Aren't they being scouted too?

As for the striker, combination of Kaka - Drogba - Pato will be veeery interesting... if we just can we swap drogba and gila...

And for defense, why don't we get Micah Richards, they say he's a wonderkid in EPL...
Btw, is zambrotta already 100% will move to us?
Remeber thats the english media bigging him up and hyping him up, and how over hype do they make things!
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 08:57   #59

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Richards is tall, strong and quick, but his positional sense is poor. I'd like to get Zapata & Kompany signed during summer for defence with Zambro. Both can play in defence, but Kompany can also excel as a def mid too.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.

Last edited by Tony75; 08-02-2008 at 08:59.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 13:08   #60

Kaku

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Location: São Paulo - Brazil
Fave Players: Shev,Paolo,Gourcuff,Kaka
Kaku is on a distinguished road
Well Richards has just signed a five and a half years contract with City...and it appears the he loves the club...I like him...but just can't see him at Milan and then would go for Zapata
Kaku is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.