AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:34   #46

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
I don't know about the penalties.

A win is always good. If Merkel continues his improvement, maybe we needn't buy another CM. ACM is still too much for him, but it is OK for CM.
Delete this post or edit it Aficio !!
We need another CM/ACM !! Merkel is like some bonus allowing us to see less often Gattuso for example ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:13   #47

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Geo, everyone is entitled to their opinion... you said that a few days ago didn't you?

I agree with Aficio. I'm all for seeing Merkel be a starter in the next season, as long as we invest elsewhere. I really like him, he is the definition of a box-to-box player and is a typical modern European player. I read an article today saying he is the new Hamsik from his style.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:32   #48

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Geo, everyone is entitled to their opinion... you said that a few days ago didn't you?

I agree with Aficio. I'm all for seeing Merkel be a starter in the next season, as long as we invest elsewhere. I really like him, he is the definition of a box-to-box player and is a typical modern European player. I read an article today saying he is the new Hamsik from his style.
Of course, I referred to the "maybe we don't need an ACM/CM" part, we don't know who can read it, maybe some people from AC Milan, without giving name, could come on the forum and say "I love that !! No more purchase for the midfield !!" ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:14   #49

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Delete this post or edit it Aficio !!
We need another CM/ACM !! Merkel is like some bonus allowing us to see less often Gattuso for example ...



I alway say we need an ACM, and will continue to say that. Of course, if this player is a box to box CM - ACM, it is the best (like Honda), but it is still good if he can only play ACM.

I think Allegri want an ACM, too, but he can not say that because of Ronaldinho, buy one mean N.80 has a reason to go. That's why I think if we want Honda, VdV,... he must be sold.

IMO, Merkel can not play ACM yet, though he likes it, but a dynamic CM who move a lot, create simple -> good passes, and defend when needed, like Marchisio, Obi Mikel or Carrick.

So I mean we are OK with CMs, but ACM is always a need.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:07   #50

savage_mau

Registered User
 
savage_mau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Fave Players: Maldini,Nesta,Pirlo,Kaka,Inzaghi, & whole Milan!!
savage_mau is on a distinguished road
on merkel

http://www.goal.com/en/news/184/play...erkel-ac-milan
__________________


FoRzA MiLan !!! I LOVE U !!!
savage_mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:12   #51

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
highlights:
http://www.rossoneriblog.com/milan-5...ed-silverdome/

I couldnt see the game becouse of work, but after seeing this highlights it looks like we were EXTREMELY poor, we gave away so many chances!!
there is no penalty kick in the highlight either? maybe the video editor missed the it just like I did? lol.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:13   #52

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
We played with a high defense, which wasn't the right solution against Panathinaikos, especially with both T.Silva and Nesta needing to physically improve, against Cissé who is already ready for the new season.

So we conceded many, many, many chances, we even conceded a goal (funny to see that everyone saw the goal except the referees !! ).

Despite this problem in defense, the midfield was good: we discovered a new Seedorf who needs to run less than in other positions by playing as vice-Pirlo (so it could be the right solution for him), Flamini runs, runs, and still runs, even if this time, he was a bit tired after 65-70 minutes and totally disappeared from the game, and Merkel showed he could be useful because it seems he has more and more confidence and managed to do some very good things. Gattuso wasn't good, nor bad. We struggled in midfield and attack when Strasser, Berretta and Novinic played.

Good game by Borriello too, he runs a lot and helps in midfield, the problem is he never really had any chance to score if I'm not wrong, he mainly tried to create for Odu and other partners. He managed to play well for 50-55 minutes.

Odu can't be in first team, not yet, like others stated before. The guy lacks something.

When Bonera came in, we conceded more chances than when it was T.Silva with Nesta (which was unlikely to happen regarding the amount of chances we let them try). And when Sokratis came in, he just stopped all our opponents by himself, Bonera seemed nowhere when Sokratis just seemed to have a twin in our defense because he did everything. Sokratis seems to be already ready for the next season.
Sorry to leave you and others, I coudn't hold on. I was just too tired. But it seems my decision (to go to sleep) was the right choice.

Interesting with the confidence of Merkel you said. Odumadi seems also confidenced. Seedorf still had desires to run (even only some steps) and to chase the ball. Gattuso was a bit motivated even still far from his good-best performance. My point is that Alliegri could be a good motivator and leader for his team. I need to watch next games since I am still curious about the character of Alliegri.

I agree with you, Odumadi is still not ready for first team but he could be useful for second substitute or first alternative substitue for Pato or wing forward thanks to his pace and speed (plus his confidence). Strasser I still haven't watched him in friendly games. The last time I watched him from Primavera coppa final game, he was still so rough (missed many passes, bad tackles, little creativity or tactical knowledge) but I think he could be more considered for joining the first team compare to Odumadi since what Strasser lacks is games of first teams while Odu still lacks something (individual skill?) except of course tons of games.

Still no De Vito last night. I wonder what happen to this boy. Is he injured or Alliegri thinks that he has already good squad for fullbacks?

Ah, I am really excited about Milan in Serie A next season. If 2-3 players could be included to the first team (for backups), it is possible that there will be more young players coming from Primera will join Milan first team at least in Coppa games. There are Marco Gaeta, Simone Calvano and Edmund Hottor (our second string players of Primavera last season) plus 1-2 from our Allievi like Maurio Ganz Junior alias Simone Andrea Ganz.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:33   #53

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
For those who want to see the penalties..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2yfTeDjv_0
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.