AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 05:01   #631

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
I'm such a beast. Bad me.

*hugs & kisses to ACM1983 and Jim*

awwww

Does anyone have any links to German newspapers? I'd love to read what they are saying now.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:00   #632

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar
I dont think Oddo was just ok. He was great to cover the right side and helped Nesta a lot. His performance was great in defence tactical point of view.
Fully agree with this - a lot of people have been bashing Oddo lately for his defensive performances and in some cases rightly so, but I think last night he had a great game in defense ... in offense he didn't do much and wasted some ball possessions in the 2nd half when it would have been better for Milan to jut keep the ball away from Bayern players but in defense he was very difficult to pass and helped the CDs A LOT.

Quote:
Lucio was superb last night but I do think last night was not Kaka's best performance. He was beaten by Lucio in catching the ball with sprint, it's unusual for me. His passing to Gourcuff, last shot on the second half and unsuccesful dribble just showed me that he needs rest. He was not fresh. He played too much.
agree again.
In both games vs bayern, I think Kaka has been poor by his usual standards ... that being said, his under-performing isn't due to loss of quality but lack of freshness. Quite frankly, I don't remember the last time Kaka didn't play a game for us and most of the time he plays the entire 90 min.
This guy is just begging for some rest and Messina could be the time to give him some 'cause in two weeks, I think, we are playing ManU and we will badly need a fresh and rested Kaka.

Quote:
For seedorf, I do hope he can mantain his last night performance. That's closed to old Seedorf I know with very good covering the left side area, dribbling and holding the ball, accurate pass. But still I couldnt see his old speed. He was still too slow for me, sorry.
he had supposedly went thru a special training program for the entire week before the Bayern game - that's why he wasn't called up for the Empoli game - in order to improve his fitness and be at as close to his best as possible for the trip to Munich ... I guess that paid some dividends in the end
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:02   #633

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
We can beat man united ... i just hope chelsea close that prem gap .. so man uniteds focus can just skip a little but even if they are fully focused this side we have are awesome they give it there all ......

WHO Needs Sheva !!
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:13   #634

kef

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso
kef is on a distinguished road
We beated Munich 0-2 at their home ground! Seedorf proves he is still very important for us, with a goal and an brilliant assist. Inzaghi proves he has still his killing instinct.
Defensively we were just great. I hope we play in the same formation against ManU. It would be the perect formation to deal with ManU.
Nesta is back. With him we will be able again to hold on a result. He was really great yesterday.
Dida proves he is still good. I remeber espacially the brilliant save with his leg on the volley of Van Buyten (again he).
The rest of the players played also good. Nobody was bad. It was a great team and with this team we can win CL.

PS: Ancelotti is a truly tactician master, no mather what everybody says here.

Last edited by kef; 12-04-2007 at 06:15.
kef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:17   #635

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
2006/2007 - Semi Finals ..
2005-2006- Semi Finals ..
2004-2005 - Final ...
2003-2004- Quarters
2002-2003- Final and Winners

to think we slate carlo all the time .. he's done a fantastic job ...



oo and a scudetto along the way ...
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19   #636

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Milano
to think we slate carlo all the time .. he's done a fantastic job ...
...
Dude, only if Carlo could look at my name, he would be proud.

After watching last nights game over again, I think Oddo is not getting enough praise. He was a wall at the back, he pushed forward, and cleared that ball which was kind of on the line. He had a great game and hopefully there will be more to come.

Still Nesta - Mom - Nice too see him back 2 him self
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28   #637

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milancelotti
Dude, only if Carlo could look at my name, he would be proud.

After watching last nights game over again, I think Oddo is not getting enough praise. He was a wall at the back, he pushed forward, and cleared that ball which was kind of on the line. He had a great game and hopefully there will be more to come.

Still Nesta - Mom - Nice too see him back 2 him self
lol lol soo true ... but some people know what im going on about heck even ive been having a go at carlo maself ... hes a legend
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:40   #638

jmacpherson

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2006
jmacpherson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
agree again.
In both games vs bayern, I think Kaka has been poor by his usual standards ... that being said, his under-performing isn't due to loss of quality but lack of freshness. Quite frankly, I don't remember the last time Kaka didn't play a game for us and most of the time he plays the entire 90 min.
This guy is just begging for some rest and Messina could be the time to give him some 'cause in two weeks, I think, we are playing ManU and we will badly need a fresh and rested Kaka.
I agree. Even though we are chasing down 4th, Kaka needs a rest. Fortunately Ronaldo is starting to perform consistently in SerieA so leaving Kaka out might not hurt us too much.
Reckon if we had a fresh Kaka last night, he would have been on the score sheet.

Gourcuff needs match fitness, perhaps he should play in Kaka's place against Messina.

Serghino as well, a match-fit Serghino will be very usefull against Manu
jmacpherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:04   #639

milancampioni

Registered User
 
milancampioni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Larissa, Greece
Fave Players: Baresi, Van Basten, Weah....
milancampioni is an unknown quantity at this point
And now what??? Hehe, I hope that on final I'll be one of the lucky rossoneri fans who they'll be on Athens....
__________________
He who controls the past commands the future, he who commands the future.... conquers the past.... Forza Milan....
milancampioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:16   #640

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Just as I predicted gilardino aka the next MVB has scored two goals That useless cowardly giant almost cost us another win I think after his latest performance it is clear that Ancelotti should be using Kalac and its as simple as that
Forza Kalac!!!
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:07   #641

ac-milan-nr1

Registered User
 
ac-milan-nr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Norway
Fave Players: kaka >> Yoann Gourcuff
ac-milan-nr1 is on a distinguished road
next match wll be easy =) man united not good team..they was good just wiht roma. and with milann will be not easy for them. this time gila and oli forward is good.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
ac-milan-nr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:05   #642

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
I'm such a beast. Bad me.

*hugs & kisses to ACM1983 and Jim*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar
Dida played great. That performance we need from Dida. On the second half, we just defended. Actually I didnt so happy to look at that tactic because if Bayern could get a goal, it would be big problem for us. Their spirit would charge up with a goal. But still I have to admit, the defence tactic was superb with trio Maldini, Nesta and Dida. I have also to give credit to Oddo who was really good to defend last night. Ambro, Pirlo and Gattuso were so solid in midfield plus seedorf covered the flank.
I think it was mostly fatigue in the second half, Carlo and the players have also said since the game that they could have held the ball better, and probably should have score. It wasn't easy to watch, but I think overall we were pretty comfortable.

Quote:
We didnt do great counter attack. We could win more then 3-0.
Our counterattacking moves weren't great, but were pretty good on the whole. They were fairly swift moves and in the end, had Serginho been match fit and Kaka less tired, I think we would have scored more.

Quote:
I dont think Oddo was just ok. He was great to cover the right side and helped Nesta a lot. His performance was great in defence tactical point of view.
I think he was good (I guess the term "ok" is a bit subdued), but offensively he gave little (often giving the ball away or kicking it almost aimlessly forward), and did make a couple of mistakes during the match. On the whole though, defensively he was good, though his lack of offensive play stopped him from being great.

Quote:
Lucio was superb last night but I do think last night was not Kaka's best performance. He was beaten by Lucio in catching the ball with sprint, it's unusual for me. His passing to Gourcuff, last shot on the second half and unsuccesful dribble just showed me that he needs rest. He was not fresh. He played too much.
Though I agree Kaka looks fatigued and never played his best against Bayern, I think Lucio on the whole had Kaka well covered. Lucio is a very good defender, and what makes him difficult to beat is he is big and strong, but also fast (very good acceleration) too, which means he is well suited to Kaka's style of a direct and fast game.

Quote:
For seedorf, I do hope he can mantain his last night performance. That's closed to old Seedorf I know with very good covering the left side area, dribbling and holding the ball, accurate pass. But still I couldnt see his old speed. He was still too slow for me, sorry.
I doubt he'll ever really regain any real pace in his game, i think his game now has to be based less on running and more on technique, which when performing like last night will still be very useful.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:30   #643

curry chicken

Registered User
 
curry chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Location: Toronto
curry chicken is on a distinguished road
There wasn't a MOMENT yesterday when I wasn't PARYING MY A** OFF for Milan. I couldn't see the game, no text message, no phone call, no computer access...not even smoke signals. And a school full of Interisti. DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL THAT IS?

Mister Jim, we should really set up a special satellite signal for Milanisti around the world so they can get their updates, without dying of stress on the subway.

This is one of those games where I don't even bother reviewing it, and am just greatful and proud. Nesta, Clarence, Dida (hai haterz), Pippo, EVERYBODY. Rino once again covered the most ground and then Oddo. I thought Gorky was going to make it 3-0 but..maybe next time. Grazie ragazzi! Grazie Carlo...when the final whistle blew I felt this great weight lift off his shoulders. And the little celebration at the end, giving propz to the travelling fans...nice! I hope they all flew back with great big smiles on their faces and not too much alcohol.

Three english teams and that pesky, no-good, corrupted team from Italy, AC Milan. Eat your heart out haters.

Owen Hargreaves beleives that Man. Utd will progress. Well....we'll see about that now won't we?
curry chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:27   #644

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
well khan said we will win...maybe the old dude is rite...all those yars of expiernce...finally puts it into good use..i hope we chelsea in the finals..i kno its a long ways from now..but it wud be awsome..becasue u kno Y? ..KILL SHEVAS TEAM!!! show him that milan doesnt need him to win the most prestigious trophy in football
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:46   #645

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Khan said in a interview with german paid-TV that he was possibly the only one who didnt celebrate the draw result in San Siro because he know how Milan is. He also said in that interview that AC Milan is the strongest side he has ever faced (something like that).

I have to admit that Ottmar Hizfeld, Khan, Backenbauer and one of important person from Bayern München (I dont know his name) are gentleman. They admit that Milan was better in first and second match and deserved the semifinal. I like the comments from these persons about last match.

The commentator has also said that Bayern should lost with honour and blamed Salihamidzic for his fault to Nesta.

My respect to Bayern as an organisation!

Last edited by Siregar; 12-04-2007 at 10:53.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:54.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.