AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2007, 16:24   #646

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook
i think its true. He work very hard and has a few Man U players on him all the time. Kaka and seedorf also didn't create much for him, they were playing among themselves.

I have no problems with the frontline today but seedorf need to play further up. Seedorf was coming into our PA to get the ball on a number of occassions and i feel that it might have make him tired unnecessarily.
Agreed, Seedorf should play further up. But then again that would probably make us more vulnerable on the flanks where United have excellent players like Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo. Hopefully there will be more room for him to go forward on San Siro.
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:24   #647

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Actually, the "0" also scored a goal and played very good , imo.

Too bad the final result and Roonie's brace took the atention off the real star of the match - Kaka !
What a genious. You're so lucky having him
well, that goal was a bit ... "didn't want to do that but it's still fine" ... thing
other than that, if by "played well" you mean ran around and did some good things but never cam close to living up to his hype, then I agree wholeheartedly
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:26   #648

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook
But i still blamed him for the 2nd though.
the 2nd was Oddo's fault as he covered an offside set up by Bonera and Nesta ... oddo, I believe, was the one who played Rooney onside
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:26   #649

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Obviously I would have taken the 2-2, but 3-2 is not horrible. Actually, 3-2 is better than 0-0 IMO.

We have to win 2-1 or 1-0 or 3-1 at the San Siro, and we are through to Athens.

I must say Dida really cost us the game . I really think it's time for him to move on. He made some excellent saves as well, but really the first mistake was just bizarre.

Sometimes I think being in a situation like this suits Milan, so we don't make calculations and just go out and play at home.

I'd say the tie is 53-47 in United's favour, but we can do it. The 2 away goals were so precious.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:28   #650

sveto

Registered User
 
sveto's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
sveto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook
Bonera is a decent defener but he need more UCL experience.

I mentioned in another thread that gatusso is one of those irreplacable player in our team. Let's send in the reserves this weekend and try again next week. I still have a lot of confidence in this team. Think of it in another way, i would be really scared if the first leg is in SS and we won 3-2 which would give us a false sense of security. I would rather have the situation now. We are not even afraid when we are 1-0 down , why should we be upset at losing 3-2.

I remember people keep remining me that we always go out when the second leg is away from San Siro. So remember we are playing at home in the 2nd leg, i hope it will calm some nerves down. I am still in an happy mood.
2005, we played the second leg at Holland vs PSV!!!, 2003 we played vs Inter, which really doesn't count,
__________________
FORZA MILAN
sveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:28   #651

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero
Obviously I would have taken the 2-2, but 3-2 is not horrible. Actually, 3-2 is better than 0-0 IMO.

We have to win 2-1 or 1-0 or 3-1 at the San Siro, and we are through to Athens.

Sometimes I think being in a situation like this suits Milan, so we don't make calculations and just go out and play at home.

I'd say the tie is 53-47 in United's favour, but we can do it. The 2 away goals were so precious.
now that's the spirit ...

Forza Milaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:30   #652

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
the 2nd was Oddo's fault as he covered an offside set up by Bonera and Nesta ... oddo, I believe, was the one who played Rooney onside

In Addition to what Zlat said... Beside Dida, the mistakes of both goals came from our least experienced players in CL.... Brochi and Oddo...though the second one did a good job in neutralizing CR.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:30   #653

King tiger

Registered User
 
King tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini,Jaap Stam,Schevchenko
King tiger is on a distinguished road
FORZAAAAAAA MILAAAAAAAAN; lets go trought to the final !
King tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:30   #654

Pireloke

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Pireloke is on a distinguished road
We could have been in the final already, and I was convinced at half time we would score a third and finish it off... I just forgot we are in 2007 now, not in 1991 anymore... honestly you don't give away such a lead in the CL semifinal. It's deadly. It will maybe cost us the final and I am too nervous even to go to sleep, another sleepless night in perspective, sometimes I wish I'd were a Viterbese supporter, less things to worry about.
Pireloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:31   #655

NAMMY

Registered User
 
NAMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Benson, England
Fave Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Kaká
NAMMY is on a distinguished road
I keeping thinking how Oddo isn't really a UCL player, perhaps just Uefa Cup given Lazio's European experience. Anyhoo, good night.
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:31   #656

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pireloke
We could have been in the final already, and I was convinced at half time we would score a third and finish it off... I just forgot we are in 2007 now, not in 1991 anymore... honestly you don't give away such a lead in the CL semifinal. It's deadly. It will maybe cost us the final and I am too nervous even to go to sleep, another sleepless night in perspective, sometimes I wish I'd were a Viterbese supporter, less things to worry about.
yea, either that or an inter supporter cuz that don't have nothing to warry about either.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:33   #657

lana

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2000
lana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku
Someone with pace...hmm....like....who?!?!

We have no players with pace...just Oliveira and he wasn't in the bench...so Gorky was our only option
Well Cafu was available.Pushed him right up.
lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:33   #658

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I don't think Nesta can be blamed for the 3rd goal. In the end he's been left half stranded thanks to no protection in front and has to make one of two options. Either he has to push to and support Bonera on Giggs and play Rooney offside, or he has to follow Rooney back, giving Giggs space to cut in and get a shot through. I think he was caught in two minds and ended up not being able to cover in the situation.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:33   #659

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
My God Gila is awful...you pro Gila camp copuld bash me / ban me/ as much as you want....maybe if he had I dunno a decent shot or two on goal Dida wouldn't be under than much pressure all game and for those that didn't see the match kindly STFU!!!! Dida was amazing!!!! The last goal by Rooney I don't blame him for because Rooney could have easily gone anywhere...Dida knows this of course you have to cover the near post that's textbook stuff......but I think he was keeping himself in a better position to dive for the far post shot that Rooney has down almost perfectly.... the gamble didn't pay off
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:33   #660

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pireloke
We could have been in the final already, and I was convinced at half time we would score a third and finish it off... I just forgot we are in 2007 now, not in 1991 anymore... honestly you don't give away such a lead in the CL semifinal. It's deadly. It will maybe cost us the final and I am too nervous even to go to sleep, another sleepless night in perspective, sometimes I wish I'd were a Viterbese supporter, less things to worry about.
how could you say that we could have been in the final already when i basically lost count of the times when Milan had the advantage and slacked off and missed the train in the end ... actually, this game itself is an example of exactly that.
no worries, people, this result, although it could have been better, will make sure that we are alert and give our best next time around ... actually, I would have been more worried if he had won 2-1 or drawn 2-2 because we've messed up things not once or twice.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:58.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.