AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2007, 12:58   #7276

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri
Can we all just stop the Eto'o-Dinho speculation??? It's time to accept that it's not going to happen. I read this forum everyday and everytime I read it, I get this renewed hope from all the comments here. But enough already, let's talk about more realistic signings. Talk of the Eto Dinho should be discussed in the Fantasy Signings thread.
Kindly provide us with a list of such players, and we will gladly discuss, until then: Mr X = Weah!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:00   #7277

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenko
why? why do we need deco for??? we need a striker not a midfielder. We have better midfielders than deco.
Yes we do need another midfielder (amongst others) and to say we don't need him is being ignorant of how influential he has been in the success of the Barcelona team.

I will stay true to my ways Tony As

Deco - Pirlo - Gattuso

would be better than

Seedorf - Pirlo - Gattuso
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:01   #7278

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri
Can we all just stop the Eto'o-Dinho speculation??? It's time to accept that it's not going to happen. I read this forum everyday and everytime I read it, I get this renewed hope from all the comments here. But enough already, let's talk about more realistic signings. Talk of the Eto Dinho should be discussed in the Fantasy Signings thread.

I hate to be so negative, but everyone here is reaching at straws and I think it's getting silly. If we sign Eto/Dinho that's great (!) and I'll be the happiest person in the world. But there has only been news or events pointing that we won't - so why are we still talking about it?
well, given how dynamic Milan's transfer market is, I guess speculating about Dinho/Etoo is all people here have left
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:04   #7279

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
well, given how dynamic Milan's transfer market is, I guess speculating about Dinho/Etoo is all people here have left
It's not like we can talk about Galliani's latest hair style is it?
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:05   #7280

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri
Can we all just stop the Eto'o-Dinho speculation??? It's time to accept that it's not going to happen. I read this forum everyday and everytime I read it, I get this renewed hope from all the comments here. But enough already, let's talk about more realistic signings. Talk of the Eto Dinho should be discussed in the Fantasy Signings thread.

I hate to be so negative, but everyone here is reaching at straws and I think it's getting silly. If we sign Eto/Dinho that's great (!) and I'll be the happiest person in the world. But there has only been news or events pointing that we won't - so why are we still talking about it?
My friend, its time to invest in a cristal ball.
There are several types in the market, but the cheaper ones are enough.
You will be able to see things 1 month in front, so then you can join the club.
Maltese Charlie is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:14   #7281

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
You guys are all hillarious!
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:14   #7282

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23015

Here !
I opened an interesting thread to see how good you know Milan.
The winner gets 8 days in Mallorca.

P.S : Warro and Charlie are not allowed to answer question #3 !
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:14   #7283

schenko

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
schenko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
Yes we do need another midfielder (amongst others) and to say we don't need him is being ignorant of how influential he has been in the success of the Barcelona team.

I will stay true to my ways Tony As

Deco - Pirlo - Gattuso

would be better than

Seedorf - Pirlo - Gattuso

our priority is definetely an attacker. we have enough midfielders. and they are good. and that is the most intelligent move we can do.
schenko is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:18   #7284

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
you can never have too many good players and Deco is a good player, one that will improve our squad.

Anything that will always improve the squad should be welcomed.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:19   #7285

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
No need to hide my feelings .... i'd kill to have Deco in Juve and i'd hate it to see him in Milan. That's why i don't understand how come some of you are totally against Deco coming to Milan.
The reason is simple, He dived like nobody's business. If i have to rank the players who dived the most:

1. Deco

2-10. Blank because nobody come close to matching his diving antics.

Do i need youtube to prove my point about his diving? That is the same reason i don't welcome inzaghi to Milan. I only give him the thumbs up when he cut down most of his diving.
hwmook is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:20   #7286

schenko

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
schenko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
you can never have too many good players and Deco is a good player, one that will improve our squad.

Anything that will always improve the squad should be welcomed.
Jim I never said Deco is not a good player. In fact I think he s an excellent midfielder. But, definitely, our main priority is an attacker. Then we can welcome Deco too.
schenko is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:23   #7287

schenko

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
schenko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
well, given how dynamic Milan's transfer market is, I guess speculating about Dinho/Etoo is all people here have left
100% well said
schenko is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:28   #7288

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
Tiago and Ribery are completely dif midfielders, Tony ... saying that if Milan doesn't go for one should mean not going for the other is like saying that if Milan doesn't need a Gattuso, then they shouldn't go for a Kaka.

I agree that Ribery was one of the best attacking mids out there although I do bleieve that 25 mil for him was a bit too much.
Still, I can't say that Milan missed on him simply because Milan, with kaka and Gourcuff already here, doesn't need a player like Ribery meaning Milan doesn't need an attacking mid as expensive, as high profile and as young as Ribery.

Ribery is the type of player Milan would have needed if they didn;t have Kaka as the Frenchman is a player who needs to be a starter in his team, he needs to be at the heart of the attack and if Milan switches back to playing with 2 tsrikers, which is obviously the case given out transfer targets, then one of Kaka and Ribery would have been surplus ... that would NOT have been the case if Milan's primary system was with two attacking mids like last year (Kaka and Seedorf) but last year was more of an exception, trying to fit the system to the players Carlo had available and wasn't an example of how Milan intends to play from now on.

So, all in all, Milan should be looking for an older player who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench now and then - like Deco/Rui/JP (Lyon)/Ze Roberto - but getting a 24 yo player who is brimming with energy and with his whole career before him, would have been a bit too much, not at 25 mil, not with a Gourcuff and a Kaka (only a year older than Ribery) already on the team.

Ribery was perfect for someone like Bayern - a team that was starting a new cycle and they needed a player like Ribery to build their midfield around him and basically make him the heart of their new team, not an occasional starter, which is what he would have been at Milan.

In Italy, a team I can say that missed on Ribery is namely Juve as they need someone to replace Nedved and Del Piero BIG TIME given their age, and the Frenchman would have been perfect for that ... a bit like a second coming of Zidane ... a much better alternative IMO than say van der Vaart, who Juve seem to be very keen on.
I fully agree with your post. We don't need ribery because we have Gourcuff. If we don't have Gourcuff, Ribery would be a great choice for our team.
hwmook is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:45   #7289

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
tuttomercatoweb say something about Milan trying to hijack Chivus move to inter?

Chivu: il Milan chiese al Barca di soffiarlo all'Inter
26.07.2007 20.21 di Gianluigi Longari articolo letto 1340 volte
Curioso retroscena sulla telenovela dell'estate.
Il quotidiano spagnolo Sport, sostiene infatti che nell'unico contatto intercorso tra Galliani e la dirigenza blaugrana, il motivo di dibattito non fosse Ronaldinho, nč tantomeno Eto'o, ma Chivu.
L'ad rossonero avrebbe infatti chiesto a Soriano di acquistare il rumeno per soffiarlo ai cugini nerazzurri.
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline  
Old 26-07-2007, 13:46   #7290

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenko
Jim I never said Deco is not a good player. In fact I think he s an excellent midfielder. But, definitely, our main priority is an attacker. Then we can welcome Deco too.
haha .. when has our management ever done things in a sensible order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook
The reason is simple, He dived like nobody's business. If i have to rank the players who dived the most:

1. Deco

2-10. Blank because nobody come close to matching his diving antics.

Do i need youtube to prove my point about his diving? That is the same reason i don't welcome inzaghi to Milan. I only give him the thumbs up when he cut down most of his diving.
Drogba, Robben & C.Ronaldo are some of the worst culprits, though Deco is bad at times. However, when i saw him against Chelsea in the CL last season, he really impressed me with the way he ran about and held his own against a physically superior midfield.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.